Sign in to follow this  
Clif4nyc

Snow!!!

Yay! Let's pay more Council Tax!

Or fire the diversity and 5-a-day co-ordinators and spend their salaries on stockpiling grit and salt

Or fire the diversity and 5-a-day co-ordinators and spend their salaries on stockpiling grit and salt

Maybe the out-reach workers could drive the gritting lorries.

Maybe the out-reach workers could drive the gritting lorries.

Guess how many council workers it took to drive the snowplow/gritter that I saw this morning?

I'm sure many of you will not be suprised by the answer and i'm not joking either

3 to drive it, 3 more digging salt/grit onto the road, 4 Health and Safety officers supervising and 5 no-win, no-fee ambulance chasers looking to see if the grit landed near enough someone to potentially traumatise them?

3 to drive it, 3 more digging salt/grit onto the road, 4 Health and Safety officers supervising and 5 no-win, no-fee ambulance chasers looking to see if the grit landed near enough someone to potentially traumatise them?

You forgot the weather man telling them that they were 4 days too late :P

You forgot the weather man telling them that they were 4 days too late :P

And Adiedee telling them how he did on the quiz and what's happening in Brum

B) No snow here! :P

Yesterday, while you poor saps were up to your ankles in snow, here, we had wall to wall sunshine and a temperature of about twenty degrees! :PB):lol:

And Adiedee telling them how he did on the quiz and what's happening in Brum

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No snow in Rotterdam, it washed away with the rain this morning. :( Though last week in Austria I had plenty of the stuff to ski on, so I've had my fill...

Guest Ex-Patriot

Anyone copping another sprinkle of the white stuff? Couple of inches already in Essex.

Guess how many council workers it took to drive the snowplow/gritter that I saw this morning?

I'm sure many of you will not be suprised by the answer and i'm not joking either

What I want to know is how do the snowplow/gritter drivers get to work?

We had some snow in Scotland. Not alot, but enough to require me to go out to sweep the paths. I do love snow. I think you are getting the snow we had a few hours ago.

About 8cm here in Herts. Went out for a run between 7 and 8, darned cold but only a few flakes in the air and not settling. By the time I got out of the bath 20 minutes after I got home there was 2-3 cm on the ground. Betting there'll be no school tomorrow.

It's been snowing for a good 3 hours mroe or less constantly in kent. My drive has about 3 inches on it right now and the snow is still falling lightly. The weather says we are due quite a bit through the morning so I expect a fun filled day at work with snowball fights on the building site :D

It's been snowing for a good 3 hours mroe or less constantly in kent. My drive has about 3 inches on it right now and the snow is still falling lightly. The weather says we are due quite a bit through the morning so I expect a fun filled day at work with snowball fights on the building site :D

Good o see you've got a productive day of work ahead of you Damien. ;)

News just in ;)

The snow is absolutely hammering it down here and it looks like we could surpass the forecasted 15 cm as I just stepped outside and it was pretty deep..with no signs of the snow stopping.

Good times down here :D

It snowed in Wycombe for about 6hours straight leaving us with about 6-7inches of snow to play with :D

Still theres plenty of time for a Wes Welker Snow Angel

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=...;subj=613693151

^_^

A few inches up in Yorkshire. Minor roads were a struggle but once I was on the bus route the roads were clear and got into work with no bother. It's our Christmas night out tonight so hopefully no more snow before then

Just attempted to get to work...had to turn back. We have about 8 inches on the floor right now with more snowfall predicted later :/ Ah well...I see the neighbour's daughter and her mates messing about in the snow outside...might join them ;)

Before anyone makes sick jokes...she's 17 :P

Nothing bar an icing sugar-style dusting up here in Cheshire (the microclimate puts paid to any decent snowfall here)

Just attempted to get to work...had to turn back. We have about 8 inches on the floor right now with more snowfall predicted later :/ Ah well...I see the neighbour's daughter and her mates messing about in the snow outside...might join them ;)

Before anyone makes sick jokes...she's 17 :P

As if we would :D

On Sunday, here in Massachusetts, depending upon the track of the storm, we're supposed to get 1-3" or 8-10" and a full blown Nor'easter. Glad the Pats are playing in Buffalo and not in Foxboro.

About 8cm here in Herts. Went out for a run between 7 and 8, darned cold but only a few flakes in the air and not settling. By the time I got out of the bath 20 minutes after I got home there was 2-3 cm on the ground. Betting there'll be no school tomorrow.

A reminder not to take tips from me. The only school on this side of St Albans that's open is the one my kids go to! Not sure how many are in though. Last day of term; snow and a handful of kids - it'll probably be a good laugh. But as almost all the kids in our street go to a different school, we got some moans when we said we were taking them in.

Heavy snow north of Watord? More important things to report on.

To be fair, when has there ever been a heavy snow in England?? :lol:

The Swedes, the Swiss and Canadians will be laughing at our "heavy" snows...

spent 3 bloody hours more than anticipated on the closed M20 this morning!!! why the hell can't the Highways department grit major motorways at the time the weather office say theres going to be snow??? is that too simple??? still, enjoying Grimbergen blonde with the family now....chill time.

I had to drive back from Cambridge last night.

We visited some one in hospital just a little bit of snow when went in at 1915, 1 hour later when we left chaos....

The main road out side of the hospital had not been salted/gritted. there is a hill on the road to M11 cars had come to a stand and not even an ambulance

could move. we done a u turn and headed to M11 via Cambridge. Some woman managed to drive in to the back on me. The M11 was a nightmare snow wind you could not see anything mile after mile at about 20mph. M25 was a white out cars and lorries all over the place most of the journey at less than 30 mph. 5 hours to get back to Havant.......

Just to cap it all Thunder and Lightening in a snow storm over the M25 near Dartford. an amazing light show....

Just to cap it all Thunder and Lightening in a snow storm over the M25 near Dartford. an amazing light show....

I'm 20-30 minutes from there and got the same light show....was a very nice sight. My lights kept flickering :S lol!

The M2 got closed for a while due to an accident...bluebell hill and detling hill leading into maidstone got closed cutting the Stone off from pretty much everyone! The surrounding villages all got snowed in as well....

I'm just hoping heathrow will be running smoothly tomorrow (technically today)

off to canada (with a side-trip to chicago for vikes @ da bears - and a blackhawks game)

It's absolutely freezing up in Glasgow (when I was out earlier in car it was -4, which is very cold for the city centre), was out seeing relatives today in Lanarkshire and there was a light dusting of snow, but nothing too much to report on, we're meant to get a good dumping tomorrow, but I doubt it'll come to anything in the city.

Had a laugh earlier on watching CNN when they were showing the east of the US and there were places forecast about 80cm of snow, if that was in Britain, they'd declare a national emergency.

Had a laugh earlier on watching CNN when they were showing the east of the US and there were places forecast about 80cm of snow, if that was in Britain, they'd declare a national emergency.

Barrie (2hrs north of toronto) had about a metre in 18hrs last week - i heard that was pretty close to being declared an emergency

Barrie (2hrs north of toronto) had about a metre in 18hrs last week - i heard that was pretty close to being declared an emergency

Who is Barrie? :lol:

Enjoy your trip by the way, whats the reason for going? Bit odd a Pats fan going to the windy city for a game, when he was in Buffalo this time last year for the wind game! Haha

Who is Barrie? :lol:

Enjoy your trip by the way, whats the reason for going? Bit odd a Pats fan going to the windy city for a game, when he was in Buffalo this time last year for the wind game! Haha

You're a closet Bills fan, aren't you CF? ;)

Safe journey and have a good time.

Its followed me!! 6 inches of snow in Brussels this morning! Eurotunnel is a nightmare-and i had our return timed so i would get home in time for the Game, thats not going to happen.have the French heard of grit? have the belgians heard of snowploughs? have the Eurotunnel staff heard of contingency plans?

i guess not.

Its followed me!! 6 inches of snow in Brussels this morning! Eurotunnel is a nightmare-and i had our return timed so i would get home in time for the Game, thats not going to happen.have the French heard of grit? have the belgians heard of snowploughs? have the Eurotunnel staff heard of contingency plans?

i guess not.

Sounds like you were lucky to have made it back! No Eurostar services running at all, after Friday night's "fun"...

Sounds like you were lucky to have made it back! No Eurostar services running at all, after Friday night's "fun"...

no Chris, i am still in Brussels, trying to make it back later on...wish me luck. :huh:

no Chris, i am still in Brussels, trying to make it back later on...wish me luck. :huh:

Eek! Misread your message - nightmare. At least you weren't trapped in a tunnel overnight like some of those poor souls, though!

As I live on a hill, and drive a rear wheel drive car, I got stuck yesterday.

As did a lot of others who live up here.

Took two hours to dig the car out, and grit the areas around it.

It all came down so fast, and then it snowed last night again too.

Even only one lane on the M74 motorway was open last night too.

Just crazy.

Now it is absolutely baltic, and starting to freeze.

Global warming eh ?

Edited to add: Hamilton's home game against Dundee United got called off at 2.30pm yesterday (which is close to where I stay).

What they didn't tell you was that it was raining at 2pm, and snowing by 2.10pm.

Prior to that everywhere was clear, if that gives you some sort of indication as to how quickly it came down.

In my street the snow off the road is about a foot deep.

60 miles south of here there's already over a foot of snow. Up here in North Central Massachusetts we've only had about an inch and right now is just a few flurries. North of here, they're getting even less. My brother-in-law got 6" of snow in North Carolina! Fortunately I gave him my old snowblower. He's the only one in his neighborhood with one so he went up and down the street clearing people's driveways. Yankee ingenuity strikes again!

12" to 15" here in Randolph. Thanks to the wind I've shoveled 6 inches in places and 2 feet in other places. I've shoveled twice already. Once it stops sometime this afternoon, I hope, and not during the Pats/Bills game, the final cleanup of my double driveway and the walkway will begin.

Wow the snow is still causing Chaos here :S

I don't know how we would deal with it if we were getting snow like they are in the states!

I dunno if I told you guys after the snow in Feb about the kid who tried to hit me with a snowball with my back turned...threw it back only to hit im square in the face and have his parents give me a load of crap about it lol.

Well he came back this weekend and started throwing them at my window...kids will really never learn. So I chased him down the road and buried him in some snow...he came back again so myself and a few mates pelted him with some snowballs :lol: Got his parents coming over yet again moaning at me saying I should know better at 19.

My opinion is if you want to take on a teenager older than you, then be prepared to take it all back lmao! I did at his age! Didn't go crying to my mum!

Kids :rolleyes:

Real highlight of the snow was fitness training in it at Loose, where it seemed to be a whole 3 or 4 inches deeper than everywhere else...probably due to the fact it is quite high up. Tried making a whole offensive line of snowmen but ended up giving up on it and fitness training itself for some more snowball fighting! lol!