Sign in to follow this  
ElPatriota

Here For The Beer!

B) One event that may interest people, is a Fullers Brewery tour.

I'm posting this, to gauge possible interest in the tour.

The tour(s) will, if enough interest is shown, take place Friday the 23rd Oct. with suggested times of 2pm and 3pm.

Tours take 2 hours and end with a tasting session. The cost is 10 pounds (sorry, my Spanish keyboard doesn't have a pounds sign!)

If you ARE interested, please let me know.

Cheers, bottoms up!

Ted

Brewery tour! I'm there! I've toured the Molson brewery in Montreal, the Bitburg brewery in Bitburg, German (vile stuff), the Guiness brewery in Dublin, and the Budweiser breweries in Merrimac, New Hampshire and Williamsburg, Virginia (I drank Bud before I knew better). There's also a brewery in the town next to mine, the Wachusetts Brewery. A small place that sends out beer mainly to the New England States. My wife and I went on a cold Sunday in January many moons ago and were the only visitors so we got a special tour that consisted of an 8 oz. cup of every type they made, which at the time was seven. Of course I had to try each one a couple of times just to make sure of the quality and since my wife doesn't drink beer I finished her's off; no reason to waste beer. Good thing she was there because there's no way I could've driven home!

Since then my town has a new brew-pub, The Gardner Ale House. They brew their own English style beer and ale and serve what they call "guest beers" which amount to Bud, Michelob, and Coors for the people who wouldn't know a good beer if it was poured down their throats. They have the "mug club" which is a personal 22 oz. mug for the price of a 16 oz. I'm a member, of course. Another mug club perk is an annual free 7-course beer dinner, t-shirts, and monthly extras like cheap appetizers during Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics, and Bruins games. Another perk that all the patrons share is the hot waitresses! I don't know where the owner gets them but they make great visuals.

Damn i dont make it over til the Saturday :(.

I have been to a brewery tour in London Ontario and it was a fantastic experience so id highly reccomend people to go :)

I toured the XXXX brewery in Brisbane with some of the lads I met out there following the Ashes cricket a few years back, that was good fun.

I doubt I can make the Friday tours though as I won't be getting into London until some time on the Friday so can't guarantee being there in time for any of them

I've done the Sam Adams, Carlsberg/Tetley, Guinness, Ind Coope & Shipstone brewery tours....(I was key holder for the sample room at Shippo's during my time there :PB) ..!)

Count me in. Fullers is a good tour (and I've done a lot - from Miller in Milwaukee and Bass in Burton down to the tiniest Micro brewery - I was once on a tour of the Hambledon Brewery in the Yorkshire Dales when the bus broke down. The replacement bus didn't get there for another 3 hours :) ).

The beer at the Mawson Arms (the brewery tap next to the pub) is immaculate. Might even get them to put on a buffet lunch before the tour.

Cost of the tour falls to £8 if you join the Fullers Fine Ale Club - free sign-up here.

B) Sadly, this is UK residents only! :(

Can I ask that that if responding to this thread, you indicate that you are actually interested in doing the Fullers tour.

Thanks

I was key holder for the sample room at Shippo's during my time there :PB) ..!)

Sounds like a case of "putting the Fox in charge of the Henhouse"

Im up for this I think, only ever done 1 brewery tour, that was in Prague.