J-Mac

J Cuff

DG31

Wycombe Patriot

Andy Wales54

Simon89

Patriotspfc +2

Hullpatriot101 (Center)

Here is a thread for UKPatriots A to discuss plays and strategy for the game if you wish :) Also, for everyone to discuss their preferred positions and whatever other stuff you may think of!

I'm sure you all saw Jamie's comment over in the B teams forum! I hope this inspires you to knock the stuffing out of team B and pick off all his throws :D

So...who can snap a ball? We need a center...a center is then elgiable to run a route and catch so don't worry you will see a lot of action!

Best catchers? Any WRs in here?

Anyone played CB, or Safety?

i know its flag football, but what kinda level of contact is there??

i wouldn't mind been a centre, if i had to do a decent level of blocking

None what-so-ever lol.

Can't block or obstruct. Just running, catching and trying to tackle whoever has the ball :)

so centre is a very boring position in flag football, if it push comes to shove i will play that spot as i came to the team last plus i have no experience of playing american football at any level

so centre is a very boring position in flag football, if it push comes to shove i will play that spot as i came to the team last plus i have no experience of playing american football at any level

Well you do the same as everyone except you have to snap the ball first :) Snap it, run a selected route, then catch it if it comes your way and run like hell ;)

so i can catch aswell ??? well i will play centre then unless someone else wants too

Yeah you can!

Okay nice one...I'll stick it next to your name and if anyone with the exp. would like to take it instead you can fight it out between you! Harry Hill style ;) aha!

Okay Guys!

I'm hoping everyone will read this thread from our team and get all the info we need up here.

This is the info I want for you in order to prepare for our game and here I my details (this is so that we can all get to know each other and I can get to know how I can utilise you in the team:

Forum Name: KentPatsFan

Full Name: Damien John Jarrett

Preferred Offensive Position (WR, TE, FB, HB): I will be playing QB (if there is anyone who can play and would like some snaps at QB then let me know :) )

Preferred Defensive Position (CB, Safety, LB): Safety

Skills you posess which you believe will help you during the game: Throwing, QB experience and Saftey Experience, catching.

Also, could those of you who have +2s playing on our team please get this info from their mates.

Damien.

Forum Name: Hullpatriot101

Full Name: Dwayne Minns

Preferred Offensive Position: Any... but have said i will play centre

Preferred Defensive Position : Safety or Def Line

No experience of playing the game

Forum Name: j_cuff

Full Name: James Cuff

Preferred Offensive Position WR/TE/HB - I could take a few snaps at QB if you like. Maybe a Wildcat?

Preferred Defensive Position: CB/Safety

Skills you posess which you believe will help you during the game: Played rugby, basketball, soccer and possess general all round amazing athletic ability ;)

Damien, do you think we should arrange a 'training session' ahead of the game? Even if all of us can't make it.

I could take a few snaps at QB if you like. Maybe a Wildcat?

I'm certainly up for that!

I've created a simple passing tree so we have our basic routes which will be numbered.

We'll play out of 3 different formations and have basic running plays, play-action and straight forward passing. The Receivers will run routes from the tree.

We can create a couple of wildcat plays however, the receiver of the snap cannot pass the line of scrimmage as there is no blocking in this game.

Damien, do you think we should arrange a 'training session' ahead of the game? Even if all of us can't make it.

We can arrange something for first thing in the morning if people can get there. I am thinking of bringing my car to the apartment if there's free parking about so we can drive there early.

Forum name : Simon89

Full name: Simon Sneddon

Preferred offensive: WR/TE

Preferred defensive: CB/safety, if not then LB.

Skills: No experience with football, play right-back for uni (field) hockey team if that helps...

I could probbably make a morning training session, is there a nearby tube station? I'll be coming from west london (Uxbridge)

I could probbably make a morning training session, is there a nearby tube station? I'll be coming from west london (Uxbridge)

Richmond Tube Station. Then there is a bus from there to the pedestrian gate if you don't want the 20 minute walk!

All this info willl be included in the stuff I send out to you!

Guest Scouse Patriot

Forum Name: ScousePatriot

Full Name: Anthony Usher

Preferred Offensive Position (WR, TE, FB, HB): TE

Preferred Defensive Position (CB, Safety, LB): LB

Skills you posess which you believe will help you during the game: 1) The ability to be out of breath really really quickly. 2) No other experience

I'll ask my mates in the next few days and get back to you mate :)

We can arrange something for first thing in the morning if people can get there. I am thinking of bringing my car to the apartment if there's free parking about so we can drive there early.

Anything we can arrange earlier than that. First weekend in October or something?

Anything we can arrange earlier than that. First weekend in October or something?

If anyone is willing to get to London then it is doable!

If anyone is willing to get to London then it is doable!

Why cant you get your arse to West country for a change? :D

A meet up would be a good idea for both sets of players to have a practice

London isn't really the most suitable place for us all tbh because of the distance but im sure we can sort some sort of place out to meet up.

A meet up would be a good idea for both sets of players to have a practice

London isn't really the most suitable place for us all tbh because of the distance but im sure we can sort some sort of place out to meet up.

Yeah, Chester's good for me ;)

Yeah, Chester's good for me ;)

Haha that would be cool but as long as its a reasonable distance for most people

Damien can you check with your team and see who is up for meet up in early October say for a practice session ?

Guest Scouse Patriot
Haha that would be cool but as long as its a reasonable distance for most people

Damien can you check with your team and see who is up for meet up in early October say for a practice session ?

I'm up for a meet up in early October depending on the location. We could have a quick throw around on the Thursday we get to London too if we have a spare hour or two.

Also, could those of you who have +2s playing on our team please get this info from their mates.

Forum Name: N/A

Full Name: Dom

Preferred Offensive Position (WR, TE, FB, HB): TE

Preferred Defensive Position (CB, Safety, LB): LB

Skills you posess which you believe will help you during the game: Non

Forum Name: N/A

Full Name: Chris Hamilton

Preferred Offensive Position (WR, TE, FB, HB): FB

Preferred Defensive Position (CB, Safety, LB): CB/S

Skills you posess which you believe will help you during the game: Non

I currently have a trapped nerve in my neck and the whole of my right arm is extremely painful, may have to have physio on it so at the moment theres no way I can play, I'll keep you updated.

Me:

Forum Name: patriotscpc

Full Name: Paul Darville (add me on Facebook, lol)

Preferred Offensive Position (WR, TE, FB, HB): Anywhere you need. I'm a bigger, wider Wes Welker lol. I catch pretty much everything from cricket ball to football to american football.

Preferred Defensive Position (CB, Safety, LB): I'm happy to be a slowish safety. I'd be better in coverage but can do something on DL if needed

Skills you posess which you believe will help you during the game: Can catch lol. Got a good memory and decent footballing brain (well soccer anyway)

Will find out my 2 mates in due course.

Andywales - Doubtful (Right Shoulder) :lol:

:lol:

James Cuff - Quadricep - Limited Participation in Practice - Questionable

I pulled my quad in pre-season and haven't trained or ran for three weeks. Had a throwabout last night and struggled a bit.

Going to a sports physio next week (anyway) and will hopefully get it sorted in time for the big one. ;)

Forum Name: Wycombe Patriot

Full Name: Ben Graham

Preferred Offensive Position (WR, TE, FB, HB): Don't really care, wherever you need me

Preferred Defensive Position (CB, Safety, LB): Likewise

Skills you posess which you believe will help you during the game: I'm tall, with good reach. I also play football week in week out, so I'm reasonably fit and a good runner. Oh, and I share my name with the former Jets and Saints, and current Cardinals punter. Does that count as a skill, having the same name as a current NFL player? :lol:

We're going to win it all, right team?

:)

Yeah sure! Ha! You got a couple of Maroney's in the team already and you haven't even played a down yet!!!!

Okay guys...here's the latest update for Team A :D

A playbook...very simplisitc but effective...has been drawn up. I sent it to James who will be transferring it all onto a computer.

We will need your preferred email address to which you would like it to be sent to.

I don't expect you yo revise it long and hard into the night but we would be greatful if you could look at it to get a general understanding of the plays. I will create a code name for each of the Plays so we can discuss possible game plans.

Cheers guys!

Really, Really looking forward to this.

Surely we can win it, right?

And you can tell i'm taking it seriously. Actually going to the gym at lunchtime at work. (Not getting very far with it, though) ;)

I'm right in saying it's 11 a side with the 2 subs rolling on and off? Because I sense myself collapsing at some point with it happening like that.

If we can manage to control the clock so I can have a drink every play, we'll be fine ;)

Go (UK)Pats(A) :D

And you can tell i'm taking it seriously. Actually going to the gym at lunchtime at work. (Not getting very far with it, though) ;)

no gym for me, will take my Centre position less running for me :lol::lol: