Kirk

Chelseafan71

El Russo

TBX3

The Pats

Rob@Foxboro

+1 (Hullpatriot101's friend)

Lobo Solitario

Here is a thread for UKPatriots B to discuss plays and strategy for the game if you wish Also, for everyone to discuss their preferred positions and whatever other stuff you may think of!

Ex Rugby winger, so im pretty quick, but will play anywhere, just want to enjoy it.

Hi From Rob, to all my team mates, yeah played rugby and soccer. Like to keep fit,but short bursts will be fine.Really looking forward to giving it my best shot in the name of the New England Patriots B team, and the finalists! and looking forward to ripping those flags away from the O players.

I take it, that it is the non contact version! But would like the rough contact version instead!

Huddle time! :)

I actually take offence to being the 'B' team. We should be team 1 and the other team A.

looking forward to run blocking :-D

by the way how does blocking work in flag? do i de-flag the passrush?

former rugby and football (soccer) player - currently limited to goalie in 5-a-side by general lack of fitness.

squad rotation works for me

is there a mini-lombardi for the winners?

i don't mind playing in any position, not in the best shape of my life, but working out more lately since my back has been in good condition again, broke my tail 3 times and now its inverted :P lol

short bursts of fun sound good to me :)

I used to cover a lot of ground playing center field in the Greater London Softball Mixed League. So, I figure my best position on the gridiron would be Free Safety!

I'm OK at darts.

Never played amfoot. Used to be a sweeper in my latter soccer days .. so maybe the secondary for me?

Do we play both sides of the ball?

We play both sides of the ball. Here it goes fellas. Top secret stuff, theres stuff I want to say regarding tactics, positions and stuff but I think to do it over PM or find a private mini forum would be more useful =]

Anyways, experience wise I used to play a bit, rusty arm but will shake the cobwebs this Weds with Jay in the park I think.

Also, the team name shall be changed as me and Jay were discussin before as well, B team means worse team, and we clearly are not that! Strong lineup. Thanks Damien :lol:

Erm the winning team takes on the Bucs winning team =] Its 9-a-side fellas which in my eyes is probably 1 too many but I suspect we'll have to utilise a 4 WR, 1 TE and 2 RB scheme or we'll get everyone running into eachother! There is more options but ill expand on this on Thursday.

Ill start working on stuff on Weds after I speak to Jay so I shall be in touch, preferably before the Steelers-Titans opener, Ill work on it on Thursday if im not busy.

Do you want me to set-up a "secret" chat room :lol:

That would be good Ade. Nice idea. :lol:

Do you want me to set-up a "secret" chat room :lol:

Its nice to have friends in power!

Word on the grapevine is that the Bucs are getting friends and contacts of members to play for them, which isnt exactly fair now is it!

Sale Sharks players, Chester Romans players and players who represent GB...to name a few. Wether they are Bucs fans is questionable?

I thought this game was for members though, but im sure they can get them on board just in time to play. Obviously if fully fledged members are playing for BAFL teams theres not much you can do! But, grabbing players from outer sources and signing them up to play is abit away from the spirit of the game in my eyes. Theres a few of our guys with experience in BAFL and sports afterall, but active, long-serving members at that. I hear they have a guy who played TE in the NFL, but as it is, is a long serving member which is fair enough!

Still makes me think we need to exchange team lineups with the Bucs guys with names and membership details such as a join date and forum activity. :rolleyes:

But if the former shall be the case, my ex-coaches are a Coventry Cassidy Jets WR and a Birmingham Bulls and GB CB! (Obviously I jest).

Word on the grapevine is that the Bucs are getting friends and contacts of members to play for them, which isnt exactly fair now is it!

Sale Sharks players, Chester Romans players and players who represent GB...to name a few. Wether they are Bucs fans is questionable?

I thought this game was for members though, but im sure they can get them on board just in time to play. Obviously if fully fledged members are playing for BAFL teams there's not much you can do! But, grabbing players from outer sources and signing them up to play is abit away from the spirit of the game in my eyes. There's a few of our guys with experience in BAFL and sports afterall, but active, long-serving members at that. I hear they have a guy who played TE in the NFL, but as it is, is a long serving member which is fair enough!

Still makes me think we need to exchange team lineups with the Bucs guys with names and membership details such as a join date and forum activity. :rolleyes:

But if the former shall be the case, my ex-coaches are a Coventry Cassidy Jets WR and a Birmingham Bulls and GB CB! (Obviously I jest).

At the end of the day, before we start stirring, we have guys playing who are friends of our members. You were all entitled to find some mates who wanted to play as long as board members got priority over them.

Unfortunately now we have plenty of players for both teams and I set the confirmation date ages ago. Due to other things I am trying to arrange I can't afford to take more people on and we're already starting to forget why we are having this event! It's all in good spirit and a chance to get to know our fellow UK fans.

We may be taking on one more player. Ian's son is a QB and will be playing and has a mate who is a Pats fan. He plays RB for the same team that Ian coaches and his son plays for. He will be at the event and Ian asked me if we could kindly let him join in if we wanted, which I have no problem with.

Danny, knowing the Glazer's, who knows what stunts they will pull! but it's the spirit that counts,are they losing sight of that! Lets go for the contact version! ;) but for sure we want to win.

Cheers Rob

At the end of the day, before we start stirring, we have guys playing who are friends of our members. You were all entitled to find some mates who wanted to play as long as board members got priority over them.

Unfortunately now we have plenty of players for both teams and I set the confirmation date ages ago. Due to other things I am trying to arrange I can't afford to take more people on and we're already starting to forget why we are having this event! It's all in good spirit and a chance to get to know our fellow UK fans.

We may be taking on one more player. Ian's son is a QB and will be playing and has a mate who is a Pats fan. He plays RB for the same team that Ian coaches and his son plays for. He will be at the event and Ian asked me if we could kindly let him join in if we wanted, which I have no problem with.

But in saying that, its all well and good saying we have mates who are Pats fans, or even Colts fans that may play, but the point is, there not mates who play professional rugby for Sale, or play for GB or in the BAFL are they. Just genuine guys up for a laugh, not this Americanisation theory of win at all costs! B)

You can see our teams are made up of full active board members +1 or 2 friends, who don't have experience in BAFL, NFL, for GB or professional Rugby now. And they are all Patriot fans no? It seems the opposing team will be creaming us with about 1 board member and 3 bucs fans!

3 Professional Rugby players, 1 Surrey and GB player, 1 Chester Romans player, and a player that has collegiate experience in the U.S....how incredibly one sided is the final going to be.

I think the spirt of this game has got slightly out of hand

I have checked out the Buc's thread & they are bringing in a GB wr, a ex NFL pro bowl TE, someones son's " mates " that play for sale sharks & chester romans ??

This is pro sportsmen we are talking about not your bog standard fan like we all seem to be.

This is clearly taking advantage here

Having said this im still willing to play but the enjoyment has gone a little.

I totally agree Jay, if they are members and have every interest in attending the game with Bucpower, I can understand that.

But it seems from them posts they are going out their way just to win, and I feel embarrass us in the process. Maybe im taking this a bit too personally, but when so much time and effort has gone in the organisation of venues, the teams, the game itself and media outlets it would be a shame to see a team of basically fully professional sportsmen taking on a team of average joes, some of whom may be fitter and more athletic than others, but average all the same in comparison.

All I can do is speak to Ian.

The general basis of you taking part is either you are a member of either board or have bought tickets through the UKPatriots or Bucpower.

I will speak to Ian and air the views as, after reading through their events forum, I do get the same suspicions they just seem to be shopping around for talent.

It doesn't seem like it's all of them but just the one guy. So I'd rather we didn't start trash talking the whole of Bucpower as it is just one guy getting these guys in.

However, if they have brought tickets through Bucpower there is nothing I can do and we just have to play and get on with it.

This was just supposed to be a bit of fun. We shouldn't let small things wreck this.

All I can do is speak to Ian.

The general basis of you taking part is either you are a member of either board or have bought tickets through the UKPatriots or Bucpower.

I will speak to Ian and air the views as, after reading through their events forum, I do get the same suspicions they just seem to be shopping around for talent.

It doesn't seem like it's all of them but just the one guy. So I'd rather we didn't start trash talking the whole of Bucpower as it is just one guy getting these guys in.

However, if they have brought tickets through Bucpower there is nothing I can do and we just have to play and get on with it.

This was just supposed to be a bit of fun. We shouldn't let small things wreck this.

No one is trash talking Bucpower :huh: I would never want anything as trivial as this to sever any ties we have created with the Bucs guys since the announcement of this exciting matchup. I would just like to make myself clear on that.

But Yes it does seem to be one of their guys suggesting different professionals, and another ok'ing it. I never went into much depth just had a quick scan and it caught my eye. Im not trying to personally upset anybody, I just want this day out to be fun and fair for both teams.

But Yes, team lists from both sets of teams for both fanclubs would be great.

We have 27 players playing on both teams, 21 of which are full active members and the other 6 friends who are attending the game as part of the UKPatriots fanclub, im not sure of these 6 guys experience but Im sure it will fall a little short of NFL, collegiate, GB or even BAFL level. Of those 21 members, 20 of them signed up either in or before December 2008 (at least 15 were members of the old board (RIP)), with just 1 signing up in 09, but has gone onto become a very active and helpful board member.

Also, its not a small thing!! Hahaha, we should be very worried! His stats are brilliant. Im sure I am right in thinking he is a member of Bucpower.... :ph34r: lol

We need to remember that this is still flag football. So it doesnt matter how big these guys are because they cant hit us. im sure that we can come up with some plays that will allow us to get open and complete passes.

Lets all remember Superbowl 36, Pats were major underdogs but Super Bill came up with a gameplan that made us win. Lets all watch that game over and over for inspiration. :D

We need to remember that this is still flag football. So it doesnt matter how big these guys are because they cant hit us. im sure that we can come up with some plays that will allow us to get open and complete passes.

Lets all remember Superbowl 36, Pats were major underdogs but Super Bill came up with a gameplan that made us win. Lets all watch that game over and over for inspiration. :D

That is correct to a degree, so long as you can cover their arse' on the runs it shouldn't be so bad, they can't even push you asside,and vise versa! and no blocking is allowed.

In an ideal world, all the players should come from it's active members or just members from both sides,and not just signed up in the last month or so!

But if i was an active member of Buc Power, and was overlooked for this game,then that tells you something about your worth to such a membership! ;)

GO PATS

That is correct to a degree, so long as you can cover their arse' on the runs it shouldn't be so bad,

Your thinking about this totally the wrong way. They've got to cover our arses and stop our runs. I aint afriad of them(mainly because they cant touch me :D )

Your thinking about this totally the wrong way. They've got to cover our arses and stop our runs. I aint afriad of them(mainly because they cant touch me :D )

Looking at the size of Dave Moore the NFL Tight End, im glad its flag football!

I got injured by a linemen in my first American Football match, im only a wee chap! But if they cant touch me, they have to catch my flag...and im like grease lightning *cough* (or ill just tuck them in my pants! hahaha)

pro's or not we're here to have fun, i'll give it my best and won't let our team down :D

if its one side so be it, we will have a laugh and have some beers lol

right off to the gym and stopping pies and beer off till post flag game! lol

pro's or not we're here to have fun, i'll give it my best and won't let our team down :D

if its one side so be it, we will have a laugh and have some beers lol

right off to the gym and stopping pies and beer off till post flag game! lol

I couldn't have said it better myself ... I think it would be pretty cool to play against a former NFL player. How often do you get a chance like that?

just been having a look into the other thread etc for the A team... Anyone got any ideas which positions they want to play, and what experience we have between us :)

i don't mind where i play probably TE or RB for Offence and DT or LB for the D

Hiya Team

Just thought I would give you a update on what we are doing ( apart from being the winning team )

My meeting up with Danny today to go through a few things with him. If you can post your preference to what positions you want to play that would be cool :D

On offence i would put myself at WR

On Defence anywhere in the DB's

Hi team, I am six foot tall, corner back position on D would be great,or safety, and well anywhere really on the O apart from WR and of course QB.

Used to be a winger in Rugby,Centre Forward, Soccer,then Centre Mid, Had a look at Gridiron with Northants Storm,but couldn't put the time in to play! TBH. but can run and run in bursts.

Team name, i thought should be Team (B)RUSCHI ;)

Not seen any chat in our team forum for a while,

When are we going to come up with a few plays? I vote we run the wildcat :D

Well, I aint playing for any team and as I'm a bit ticked off, I may just break someone's f****** leg, to get a game! lol (I'm not really laughing)

Im sure we can fit you in wolfie, its a non contact friendly game though so you breaking legs might be a little harsh but if you play on my team feel free to break Damiens :P

Damn! You mean there's no hitting people? And it's "friendly" as well?!!!?

Hmmm, may have to rethink my strategy.

Perhaps raiding my wife's medicine cabinet may give me a few ideas and on this basis, if I offer you a drink, don't accept it, it might be spiked!

oh man- I wish I could get to London a day earlier to join in :unsure: I am aching to chuck a pigskin around... :(

have a great game guys... :)

Hey .. the "A-Team" have a playbook !!! :blink:

It's only a passing tree and shows the formations you can have with a couple of running options off of each!!! Saves for confusion during the game :P

Damien cant you be banned from our forum, are you that afraid to lose <_<

Not really :P You can see ou posts :P

So if i send you my email you'll forward me your playbook? B)

A Playbook? Do you honestly believe, looking at THAT team, any of them will actually remember any plays from it?

Nah! Just get them more confused! And what the heck is a "passing tree?" Sounds like something only a dog would appreciate!

Or a wolf!!!!!

is there any chance of anyone drawing up some plays and sending them out?

if there's one thing we can learn from BB it's probably something about preparation.

also put me down on the injury report as probable with a couple of damaged fingers from 5-a-side this lunchtime - I'll see how they are during touch rugby on thursday.