Sign in to follow this  
Secret_Seagull

Tailgate

Confirmation that the UKPatriots have secured a dedicate area in a marquee at the Great British Tailgate Party

All UKPatriots are cordially invited. Entrance is free. Follow the link above for details.

All gameday ticket holders arranged through the UKPatriots will also receive a ticket to the official NFL tailgate party are Wembley. I recommend coming along to the Green Man first, then wandering down to Wembley to explore their party later. It'll be a blast.

We would love to hear from anyone stating at the Green Man on Saturday who might be able to help decorate the marquee with a few flags etc. first thing Sunday morning.

Anything we want .. ideas?

Yeah,some nice looking cheerleaders pouring my pint' :rolleyes:

Will definitely come by Green Man Sun morning (flying in from Boston on Sat). Having trouble convincing sister that

getting tix for tailgate @ Wembley....is it worth it?? How much are they anyway?

Got our tix thru UK ticketmaster @ 4 in the morning..lucky I guess.

Confirmation that the UKPatriots have secured a dedicate area in a marquee at the Great British Tailgate Party

All UKPatriots are cordially invited. Entrance is free. Follow the link above for details.

All gameday ticket holders arranged through the UKPatriots will also receive a ticket to the official NFL tailgate party are Wembley. I recommend coming along to the Green Man first, then wandering down to Wembley to explore their party later. It'll be a blast.

We would love to hear from anyone stating at the Green Man on Saturday who might be able to help decorate the marquee with a few flags etc. first thing Sunday morning.

i wouldn't mind a meet and greet with tom brady, but i think he will be busy that day lol

i think maybe a american football influenced games

or maybe get the patriots to donate some items and do a raffle for charity

i wouldn't mind a meet and greet with tom brady, but i think he will be busy that day lol

i think maybe a american football influenced games

or maybe get the patriots to donate some items and do a raffle for charity

The Greenman sounds like fun to me. My husband and I are also flying in from Boston on saturday, can't wait

whats going to be in our Marquee??

Officially I have to point out that we (UKPats) don't have the whole marquee dedicated to us. But I'm sure enough Pats Fans will turn up to take over it anyway!

Anything we want ..

Steady! ;)

Yeah,some nice looking cheerleaders pouring my pint' :rolleyes:

Our (the Gladiators) Dance Team will be there, I'm sure one of them may be kind enough to pour you a pint if you donate to their team funds. :lol:

Seriously though, the GBTP management are extremely pleased to welcome the UK Patriots to this years event.

There has been a lot of hard work from members of this forum to ensure that the UK Pats were able to have a base at GBTP 3. It's going to be THE place for Pats Fans to meet up on game day and we're aiming to make the event the biggest and best one yet!

On the Sunday GBTP will open from 10am until late (including after the game), with several football themed attractions and stalls, including one selling official NFL merchandise. There will also be entertainment throughout the day, including performances from the Colchester Gladiators Dance Team.

If you need any further information about GBTP check out the official website here: GBTP website, send me a PM or email webmaster@colchestergladiators.org.uk / webmaster@patsfanuk.com and I'll be more than happy to help.

May i say to anyone who has not been i was at the GBTP last year and it was great fun. Met some UKPats there last year and really looking forward to meeting the rest this year . Very welcoming place and i had a great time . Patsfanuk helped out last year by providing the base for the UKPats to meet up...all 8 or so of us but it was great fun :)

Plenty to do on the day too for all ages :) and the food is great :)

May i say to anyone who has not been i was at the GBTP last year and it was great fun. Met some UKPats there last year and really looking forward to meeting the rest this year . Very welcoming place and i had a great time . Patsfanuk helped out last year by providing the base for the UKPats to meet up...all 8 or so of us but it was great fun :)

Looking forward to seeing you there again Stu

Drop a line to Secret Seagull, there are a couple of tickets around and he has the details.

I'm sure one of them may be kind enough to pour you a pint if you donate to their team funds. :lol:

I think you may have just hit on a decent fund raising idea there Steve. :)

Entry to the GBTP at the Green Man is free. It is not our party, we have just secured use of one area. However, it is THE place to go to meet up with UKPatriots members.

Entry to the NFL tailgate is also free, but by ticket only. We will only have tickets for our gameday ticket holders. Tailgate tickets may not be re-sold for cash.

i don't mind lending a hand in the morning :) i'll be stopping close by so don't mind putting in a early one :D

It's very good news that UKPatriots have hooked up with Steve of patsfan uk, as i can vouch for the previous tailgates held at the Green Man.

The whole of the time you're there you get that special buz, as you just look across from the back of the pub, wembley is just a spit away,in the distance.

plus there is plenty of room to accomodate us all.

I just cant wait for this game. :D

Are many UK Pats going the Green Man on the saturday night?? If so me and my 6 mates that i will be coming the game with will all call down and check it out!! We will be travelling down on the saturday anyways so if people are going, we will travel down earlier and get to the Green Man for 6ish when it starts. Just checked our route out and the Green Man is 14 minutes from our hotel so we will just cab it down probably :D

Are many UK Pats going the Green Man on the saturday night?? If so me and my 6 mates that i will be coming the game with will all call down and check it out!! We will be travelling down on the saturday anyways so if people are going, we will travel down earlier and get to the Green Man for 6ish when it starts. Just checked our route out and the Green Man is 14 minutes from our hotel so we will just cab it down probably :D

i will be there, and more pats fans the better to set up the tailgate area for UKPATRIOTS

Can you explain this a little more?

Guest Scouse Patriot
Can you explain this a little more?

The UKPatriots where able to organize with the NFL match tickets for everybody on the forum. There will be an official Tailgate outside Wembley Stadium and everybody who has a match ticket through the UKPats will also receive a ticket to the Tailgate. We however are hosting our own Tailgate in a nearby pub called the Green Man.

All of this thanks to the great Mods on here!

Almost ;) .. We're not "hosting" the Green Man tailgate party. The GBTP is organised by the Colchester Gladiators BAFL team. We have secured a "pitch" in a marquee at their tailgate.

For our American friends, "Green Man" in the name of an English pub. :D

There web page for anyone wanting directions or more info

The Green Man

Or you could try the official Great British Tailgate Party (aka Green Man) website here: GBTP website

If have any questions about the tailgate party you are welcome to contact me by PM or email here: Steve Hawes

Please do not contact the Green Man Hotel direct as they won't help because they are very busy running their normal business.

What's the closest Tube station?

To the Green Man? Same as for the stadium - it's slightly closer to Wembley Central on the Bakerloo line, but Wembley Park on the Jubilee/Metropolitan, or Wembley Stadium overground are also within about a 5 - 10 minute walk.

As the 3 of us (my father, brother and myself) are doing this in a one-dayer, we will probably head down early for this one, before making our way to the stadium. Whether we go to the official NFL tailgate remains to be seen as it will be chocka.

Hi TBX, hope you're going to the Green Man tailgate, because the last two tailgates there, have been really good. But i would like to add that the official NFL tailgate is held inside the Wembley Arena itself,this info is for fans who immagine it to be outside!

It has limited access for fans, so this shouldn't bee too uncomfortable either!

Hi TBX, hope you're going to the Green Man tailgate, because the last two tailgates there, have been really good. But i would like to add that the official NFL tailgate is held inside the Wembley Arena itself,this info is for fans who immagine it to be outside!

It has limited access for fans, so this shouldn't bee too uncomfortable either!

Last year, the official NFL tailgate was held outside, I hadn't heard they were moving it indoors. And TBX - it wasn't particularly crowded when I went last year - the area they set aside for it was probably big enough for about 20,000-30,000 people, but it was nowhere near full.

Last year, the official NFL tailgate was held outside, I hadn't heard they were moving it indoors. And TBX - it wasn't particularly crowded when I went last year - the area they set aside for it was probably big enough for about 20,000-30,000 people, but it was nowhere near full.

pa260161.jpg

... Looks pretty full to me :lol:

But i would like to add that the official NFL tailgate is held inside the Wembley Arena itself,this info is for fans who immagine it to be outside!

No it isn't. It's on the concourse outside the stadium.

You can attend the tailgate without going to the game.

Thanks for putting me right guy's, so it is outside,i was thinking of the bad weather for the first one! Fins/Giants Soaking Wet, i listen to the wrong source! ;)

I thought the tailgate at Wembley last year was a bit naff. The biggest tents were dedicated to selling rather average merchandise at a high price. The jazz parade was fun, and I still have my beads at home, but I got really naffed off when I was asked to sign a legal waiver because I wanted to try to the football tossing game. So I'm looking forward to seeing the GBTP instead this year.

Guest PaulieThePatriot7

Hi there i received my gameday ticket for the game on the 25th two weeks ago but i don't have the ticket for the tailgate party .you have any idea who to contact in that matter.

Hi there i received my gameday ticket for the game on the 25th two weeks ago but i don't have the ticket for the tailgate party .you have any idea who to contact in that matter.

You needed to apply via the NFLUK website.

They have probably all gone now.

Guest Keithj

Tailgating is when fans get together in the stadium car-park, usually hours before the game, and have a party around the back end of their vehicles - the tail-gate. I believe some people even have BBQs but, for certain, food appears to be well in evidence! The NFLUK have arranged an event outside Wembley that will have stalls with merchandise and NFL-related things to do. The Colchester Gladiators have arranged The Great British Tailgate Party at The Green Man pub a few streets away. If you search the site you should find a link to the second one, which doesn't need tickets.

Keith

i will be at both the green man and the tailgate party

Enjoyed the green man last year but the bar was packed

I believe there will be an extra outside bar this year, taking the total to three - 2 outside (covered) & the main inside bar. This is not 100% information, I will check....

I believe there will be an extra outside bar this year, taking the total to three - 2 outside (covered) & the main inside bar. This is not 100% information, I will check....

I've now been informed that there will be three bars at GBTP this year.

Don't suppose 1 of them outside ones would be in the UK Pats tent by any chance :D

SOLD!!!!!!

We are going to come along to it on Sunday and then head to Wembley. OOH I am so excited. lol

Susan

Well I shall be there. Drop my stuff off at the hotel and then PAR--TEYY. I have my beer tokens and inane grin at the ready. I went hoarse last year when I was cheering the Saints on, I think I might pop a blood vessel for the Pats. :)

Now all I need to do is look the wife in the eye and say that I'm going to be upset to be away from her and the kids!

How easy will it be to park at the Green Man itself?

Rob we are definitely coming. We also see through the seating plan you're sat right in front of me and the clan! :)

Guest Ex-Patriot

Question re. the NFL Tailgate: the ticket states that there's no guarantee of admission after 1pm. Has anyone found this to actually be the case the last two years?

How easy will it be to park at the Green Man itself?

The GM car park gets full very quickly. If you want a space get there early! (They do charge for car parking, but I don't know how much, sorry.)

I will be working Sat night so I will be at the green man at about 11...............see you all there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks guys