Sign in to follow this  
Jawa242

Get Together In London The Night Before

Hey everyone,

I just joined the board and I would like to thank everyone for hosting all of us that are coming from the states to this game. My wife and I are flying into London on October 15 and staying for 11 days with the Pats game being on the last day of our vacation.

I would like to have a centralized thread for all of us coming from the states to be able to discuss organizing an official Patriots "get together" with the London fans the night before the game. My wife and I have been talking about how great it would be if the majority of us coming from the states had 1 specific place (bar/restaraunt) the meet London fans the night before the game. When are we ever going to get an opportunity to get together with so many fans from the other side of the world, on their turf, and hang out and make friends???

Any comments, suggestions, etc? How many people would be interetsed in picking a specific place and time to have a "tailgate party" the night before?

~Brian & Stephanie Paone

(Lynn, MA)

Hi Brian and Stephanie

We are finalising plans for a get together on the Saturday evening. As soon as these are confirmed, there will be an announcement on the board.

We look forward to seeing you in London.

Hi Brian and Stephanie

We are finalising plans for a get together on the Saturday evening. As soon as these are confirmed, there will be an announcement on the board.

Excellent!!! I will keep my eyes open for that announcement.

~Brian

Yeah, hi to all you guys making the trip over for this game, it will be great to welcome you all to the UK. And hope you all have an enjoyable vacation this side of the pond!

I would like to think that you find us all very freindly and helpfull. GO PATS ;)

Hello Stephanie & Brian!...Lynn, MA. geez, I have a pretty bad memory of getting our butts kicked in Manning Bowl.. (I went to Greater Lawrence Tech)..but thats besides the point....I'm just wondering how many hundreds...maybe thousands of New England fans are coming to London who aren't even aware of this great sight...

Hi Brian and Stephanie

Are we?

Just to keep everyone in the picture ..

There will be a party on the Saturday night, but we are unable at this point to confirm ticketing arrangements or availability. It would not be prudent to announce anything, untill we are able to confirm these details.

Please be patient, and do keep your eye on the board. We'll let everyone here know as soon as we do.

Good to hear there's something in the works!

Even if it does all seem a bit cloak and dagger at the moment :D

Hope it's within walking distance of the Green Man :lol:

Guest Keithj

Fred Kirsch keeps saying that the gang from PFW will be arranging something so they can meet the fans. I hope this is one and the same event.

Keith

Im excited :D

Its all starting to get close :)

You are getting excited. Just how excited do you think my wife and I are. B)

This is my first time seeing the pats though :D

The first is always special, I remeber my first time in 1992 at the old stadium the Pats played the 49ers and for a poor team we kept San Fran close until the 4th. My lasting memory is of the drunken guy sitting next to me asking me if I had pinched his cigarettes !!

If nothing comes up ill probably end up in the Green Man Tailgate on the Saturday night, not to get too drunk though... Don't want a hangover on the Sunday :lol:

The first is always special, I remeber my first time in 1992 at the old stadium the Pats played the 49ers and for a poor team we kept San Fran close until the 4th. My lasting memory is of the drunken guy sitting next to me asking me if I had pinched his cigarettes !!

I know its going to be a great day/night at Wembley but i still think the first time at Gilette will be the big one :) . Or a Superbowl obviously :)

Did you take the guys cigs ? :D

It's absolutly great that we are able to get together before the game, but please, dear moderators of this wonderful sight, don't feel like there has to be anything elaborate planned for any of us yanks coming over...I think a tailgate at "Green Man" before the game to sorta counter the "official NFL tailgate" @ Wembley would be just as good...as many of us will end up going to both anyway,, (though if I know the NFL, there gig may be more expensive)...IF there is something planned for that Sat. night before the game, be it a post flag football game pint somehwere or something closer to Wembley, then it's up to whoever wants to attend...I just think you folks have your hands full enough with the tickets distribution, the flag game and the meet-up game day at the green man

don't feel like there has to be anything elaborate planned for any of us yanks coming over

Yes there does :D ! It's not primarily for the benefit of just our overseas visitors, but for our own members here in the UK. For many it will be the first time they've seen the Pats play (possibly the first time they've seen anybody play) live. It's a once in a lifetime event, and we have to make some kind of effort for all the UKPatriots members travelling to London from parts of the UK, Europe and the USA.

Guest Scouse Patriot
Yes there does :D ! It's not primarily for the benefit of just our overseas visitors, but for our own members here in the UK. For many it will be the first time they've seen the Pats play (possibly the first time they've seen anybody play) live. It's a once in a lifetime event, and we have to make some kind of effort for all the UKPatriots members travelling to London from parts of the UK, Europe and the USA.

It's the first time I'll of seen any NFL game live and the events surrounding it just make it that bit extra special. As you say it may be a once in a life time event, we may never see the Patriots play in the UK again and I know I won't be able to afford the Roadtrip anytime soon. Well unless James wins the Euro Millions that is ;)

Too generous! My husband and I will be flying in from NJ on Thursday night, so any recommendations for Friday night/Saturday day would be great as well. If nothing is organized, we'll just meet up with friends in town. Can't wait to see everyone! (and I hope the game is better than the one I went to yesterday...) :angry:

Hi Everyone

I am flying on Saturday Morning, staying down at the Novotel London Bridge. Looking forward to meeting everyone and buying Secret Seagull a pint for getting me a ticket.

Cheers and see everyone soon

Geographer91

Looking forward to meeting everyone and buying Secret Seagull a pint for getting me a ticket.

I think this is the case for most people :D I hope your Liver can handle a pint per person SS :lol:

I think this is the case for most people :D I hope your Liver can handle a pint per person SS :lol:

Jeez, I'm a bit strapped and never thought to budget for buying Ade a £5 pint :o

Oh well, I guess I can skip breakfast or summat :rolleyes:

Seriously though, how much cash do people think I'll need if I'm arriving lunchtime Saturday and leaving Monday lunchtime?

I'm not a heavy drinker but will no doubt have a few to be sociable and so I can talk b#!!#cks as the evenings wear on :D

Seriously though, how much cash do people think I'll need if I'm arriving lunchtime Saturday and leaving Monday lunchtime?

I'm not a heavy drinker but will no doubt have a few to be sociable and so I can talk b#!!#cks as the evenings wear on :D

Pretty much the same with me, although I'll be in London from Friday and to cap it all, my wife has told me not to spend too much (she has no idea of the price of a pint).

Guest Scouse Patriot

I've been wondering this too to be honest.

I'll be there from Thursday afternoon till midday on the Monday.

i am looking higher as i want to get some nfl jerseys

Some :lol: ?? How many you looking at buying?? Normally jerseys start off at around £50... Im probably take about £250, but that's including the £70 i owe i my mate for hotel and petrol costs.

a couple i reckon, becuase my white moss one i bought is a fake unknownly to me also if i can get one for my son whos 3 then might get him one aswell lol,

the benifits of working full time and and been a student full time, i get my student loan money and will have a couple of hundred spare out of it.

I'm looking forward to meeting some of you guys too especially the ones from Liverpool. it will be nice to speak to people with knowledge of the game and the Pats. I'm the only one in work who actually watches and know about the game.

I'm flying into Stanstad on the Friday from the Europa league game against Benfica and staying until the monday afternoon.

Got my tickets today in the post and was well chuffed.

Guest Ex-Patriot

Just noted that game 6 of the ALCS and game 7 of the NLCS are scheduled for the 24th; any chance the venue'll have a view of these?? It'd be some atmosphere if the Sox were playing.

Just noted that game 6 of the ALCS and game 7 of the NLCS are scheduled for the 24th; any chance the venue'll have a view of these?? It'd be some atmosphere if the Sox were playing.

I'm pretty sure it will.

OK guys, here's the deal.

After months of planning and organising, we are pretty close to announcing details of an event that will take place in central London on the Saturday night ahead of the Patriots Bucs game at Wembley.

We can't divulge too many details at this minute as we still have a few things to sort out but it's a safe bet to say that you'll want to keep the evening of Saturday 24th October free.

Apologies if this feels a bit cloak and dagger but we want everything to be finalised before an 'official' announcement is made.

OK guys, here's the deal.

After months of planning and organising, we are pretty close to announcing details of an event that will take place in central London on the Saturday night ahead of the Patriots Bucs game at Wembley.

We can't divulge too many details at this minute as we still have a few things to sort out but it's a safe bet to say that you'll want to keep the evening of Saturday 24th October free.

Apologies if this feels a bit cloak and dagger but we want everything to be finalised before an 'official' announcement is made.

B)B)B)

sounds goods

Central London :o Shoot that sounds even more expensive. Please tell me I ain't gonna need a tux :unsure:

Better bring my flexible friend along for the weekend, have a good time and worry about paying for it later :D

This cloak and dagger approach is making the hooded lord seem like an open, cards-on-the-table sorta guy :lol:

Yeah, sorry about the "cloak and dagger". It's just that we don't want to make promises about what we're doing or ticket arrangements if we can't keep them. Rest assured it's going to be good.

Yeah, sorry about the "cloak and dagger". It's just that we don't want to make promises about what we're doing or ticket arrangements if we can't keep them. Rest assured it's going to be good.

all these snippets of information.... is torture lol

After the long flight over, Good is anything that includes a good beer and good company

and cheerleaders, lots of cheerleaders ;):D

I'm glad to see things are starting to take shape.... we leave the US in 13 days for London!!!!