Sign in to follow this  
Secret_Seagull

UKPatriots Superbowl XLIV Party

there's even talk of a Micro- Bru making an appearance :D

Surely that should be a Micro-Dave? :D

Admit it, you laughed!

Guest tupper29

I will try to make it this year if I can get the time off.

The gorilla might even make an appearance :o

er, nooooooooooo, still trying to work it out, don't usually miss anything though....

Dave instead of wave i think...i preferred mircro Bru :D

All the Gower street 8 will be there I think, Just bring your own sauce..........

I know who ISN'T getting to do the shopping ;)

Count me in - snow or no snow!

Are you bringing your mate ?

Only if he buys me a beer ;)

Of course he is, doesn't go anywhere without him, so i'm told :D

I can't seem to shake him. If i look over my shoulder - HE'S THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Not very likely I'll be there. Cost of flights and hotel, just really puts it out of my reach. It's a real downer for me, particularly after the Patriots at Wembley weekend but, I have to face financial facts!

There is a downside to living in Spain, guess this is just one of them!!!

Where do people stay for the Bodeans do?

Keith

Last year some of us spent a few hours catching up on a bit of kip at "The Piccaddilly Backpackers Hostel", it's an interesting place to say the least. :P

When I asked Seagull if it was a "just bring a toothbrush" kind of thing, he replied that a toothbrush would be a bit posh for this place :lol:

There may be other options available this year, keep your eye on this thread.

Last year some of us spent a few hours catching up on a bit of kip at "The Piccaddilly Backpackers Hostel", it's an interesting place to say the least. :P

When I asked Seagull if it was a "just bring a toothbrush" kind of thing, he replied that a toothbrush would be a bit posh for this place :lol:

we often stay at Jurys hotel, its just changed hands. pity it was nearby and reasonably priced, i'm sure we'll look into this nearer the time.

we often stay at Jurys hotel, its just changed hands. pity it was nearby and reasonably priced, i'm sure we'll look into this nearer the time.

I'm pretty sure Patman and his wife stayed there last year, and if my wife was coming to this event (which she didn't last year), I certainly wouldn't risk my own life by taking her to Backpackers Hostel.

Having had the delights of the "Bates Motel" on Route 1 in Foxboro, I wouldn't get out of this one alive. :lol:

Although i don't know any of you personally i would love to attend, seeing as its easy to get to from High Wycombe

Although i don't know any of you personally i would love to attend, seeing as its easy to get to from High Wycombe

Thats the idea though! Im sure 95% of the people on here had never met each other when they joined, but you have to start somewhere! I can tell you personally, its a great night! Much better than I expected, the snow last year just put the icing on the cake, for want of a better word.

That was my 2nd UKPatriots meetup I did, after Boston. The company, the food, the snow, and the game, with such a great finish just made the night. Oh and a Liverpool win over Chelsea of course! :lol:

Thats the idea though! Im sure 95% of the people on here had never met each other when they joined, but you have to start somewhere! I can tell you personally, its a great night! Much better than I expected, the snow last year just put the icing on the cake, for want of a better word.

That was my 2nd UKPatriots meetup I did, after Boston. The company, the food, the snow, and the game, with such a great finish just made the night. Oh and a Liverpool win over Chelsea of course! :lol:

I'm sure it will be and seeing as i don't have lectures on a Monday i have no excuse to miss out on what will be a fantastic night =D (plus it will make a nice change from just watching the Superbowl in the living room with one or 2 mates)

I would have to say if anyone is wary about going to this because they dont know everyone ....please stop worrying!!!

These guys are so welcoming to everyone. I genuinly felt at the end of the weekend that i had a lot more friends . I would admit i find it easy enough to talk to people but every one of the UKPats guys made an effort with me also and it made a huge difference!

Yeah, not sure that I'll be gracing the backpackers again this year.

Hopefully we'll see the return of the Gower Street 8 with maybe a few more ;)

Guest dave45
I'm in to, nightbus back leaves from just round the corner ^_^

Lets hope it doesn't snow, then :rolleyes:

We would love to be there especially after all the invites last weekend. lol. Will have to see Mike's shifts nearer the time.

Get him to put a request in now. Can he do that?

Lets hope it doesn't snow, then :rolleyes:

That would be a long walk back! My first meet was the flag football game last week, and everyone is so welcoming. What better way to watch us win a 4th Lombardi than with a group of pats fans :)

Guest dave45
That would be a long walk back! My first meet was the flag football game last week, and everyone is so welcoming. What better way to watch us win a 4th Lombardi than with a group of pats fans :)

Last year our superbowl do was on the evening that Boris decided to stop all the buses due to the snow. I walked from Bodeans to Paddington station. It is a long walk, but I know my way around London well enough to know which direction to walk in. I was quite sober by the time I reached Paddington. <_<

By the way, its always a good idea to book the following day off work ;)

Ill probably be coming mate, have to ask a few of my mates who came last week to see if they want to come too.

Danny and Ant if we do your welcome for the lift :D

Ill probably be coming mate, have to ask a few of my mates who came last week to see if they want to come too.

Love it...

Though was speaking with Mike last night and he wasnt too keen on the idea, hes needs some more work, but if your interested that should help!!

The Gower Street 8 + 3 or 4 should suffice I think James? B)

tip for those who have a better half... the superbowl is just before valentines day well 7 days soo i am tieing it with a trip to take my partner to london

I dont think she suspects anything B)

2 birds 1 stone :P:D

tip for those who have a better half... the superbowl is just before valentines day well 7 days soo i am tieing it with a trip to take my partner to london

I dont think she suspects anything B)

2 birds 1 stone :P:D

2 birds? I don't think she'll like that bit :lol:;)

2 birds? I don't think she'll like that bit :lol:;)

especially not size zero birds...

The Gower Street 8 + 3 or 4 should suffice I think James? B)

Andy will be up for that ... as a veteran of the Piccadilly Backpackers Hostel.

God that was grim. Gower Street must be bliss in comparison.

Here's a TV ad that didn't make the cut for the 2007 Super Bowl.

Gower Street would be excellent. Only good thing about the Backpackers is you sometimes get semi clad women walking about, there again thats not always a good thing, I remember the monsterous arse well :huh::o

Stop looking in the bloody mirror then!

Here's a TV ad that didn't make the cut for the 2007 Super Bowl.

:lol: Brilliant

Guest Scouse Patriot

Decent mate cheers, if all else fails the train is only £11 so I should definitely be there this year.

Gower street is already booked so im working on something else. Watch this space.

:angry::huh::mellow:<_<:o

Doubtful ($$$) :(

Upgraded to probable, but dependent on being able to get down to London for a reasonable price

Guest Ex-Patriot
Upgraded to probable, but dependent on being able to get down to London for a reasonable price

;)

Hitchhike.jpg

Book your Train tickets on the 7th November, thats when they will be cheapest (3months before)

;)

Hitchhike.jpg

:lol:

Still you could always rent one of these for next to nothing

gas2.jpg

Cheap fuel costs too ;)

Sadly that would make you a month late for the Superbowl ;)

I meant 7th November..........................................honest :lol: