Sign in to follow this  
Secret_Seagull

UKPatriots Superbowl XLIV Party

Guest Scouse Patriot
Booked my train tickets this morning £ 23 return from Chester :D

Haven't booked mine yet but I've been looking and it'll cost me the same from the Pool

£23? Return?

wow, tickets to London from here cost £20, and we're only 30 miles away!

£23? Return?

wow, tickets to London from here cost £20, and we're only 30 miles away!

yeah virgin do some good deals if you book well in advance

I have just booked the Monday off work ;)

i did that last year and they still charged me a day's holiday despite the office being closed because of the snow

Guest dave45
i did that last year and they still charged me a day's holiday despite the office being closed because of the snow

My company wouldn't dare trying that one on with me.

Guest dave45
Are you self-employed? :lol:

No, but I have been with my present company for 20 years. They have to treat me well, because they would be in a mess without me. ;)

Did you get mine? :huh:

did you go with that first class waste of money? Or you just going to take a packed lunch :lol:

Did you get mine? :huh:

did you go with that first class waste of money? Or you just going to take a packed lunch :lol:

No & not yet, You an upgrade on the day as its cheaper that way.

Guest tupper29

should be able to make it this year dependent on finding somewhere reasonable to stay. Not waiting around in the freezing cold at the bus station like we did a couple of years ago

I'm 100% coming, just need to find a cheap B&B or hotel now =D

Damien/Mark ..

How we looking for this? Can I send you some money?

Should be confirming the booking with Bodeans Monday or Tuesday at latest.

You're in and paid for already mate :)

Damien/Mark ..

How we looking for this? Can I send you some money?

I think you'll find Jay covered you with the deposit you put on the apartment in Wembley as he did with a few of us.

Okay guys, this is now booked, unfortunately we couldn't get enough people to have the whole top floor, but never mind.

The list of attendees (board names) is as follows. If anybody thinks they've been missed off, please contact me ASAP.

Secret Seagull

Jaco

Kent Pats Fan

Andywales

Patriotsjay + 2

dloughran292

Grecian Patriot

dave45

Chelseafan71

gomezcat

James in Wales

DG31

Patsfanuk + 2

Rat Noir

Warren Lad

The Pats

Patman + 2

Tupper

Specialbruschidave + 1

Gareth Morgan

Swindon Patriot

Patriotsjay was kindly looking into accommodation options and may well have already been in contact with some of you.

Further details regarding meet up points on the day and times etc will be posted nearer the event.

Looking forward to another great UK Patriots event, and you never know, maybe, just maybe seeing the Pats clinch their 4th Lombardi

Guest dave45

For his part, dave45 intends to try to stay awake throughout the Superbowl (for once), and to achieve this he will have a nap during the day :D :D :D

Hey Guys

Those who need a place to stay over please can you let me know.

It will at the world famous Backpackers hostel just off piccadilly

Cost depends on numbers but will be around £14 ( I think )

I have a list of all people who I think will need a place so i'll pm you when I get home from work.

Thanks

Guys,

you will have all been sent an email by Mark (swindon) confirming he has paid for the all the tickets to Bodean's Superbowl Party!

A huge thanks to Mark for finalising all the payments and helping me out with this :)

Looking forward to meeting you all again come February and lets hope everything goes our way and, against the odds, we will be watching the Pats together in Superbowl 44

Yeah, good work Mark. Thanks for sorting the payment out for this. I appreciate how difficult it can be.

I'm quite happy we're downstairs to be honest. Makes stumbling to the toilet easier, and safer :)

Yeah, good work Mark. Thanks for sorting the payment out for this. I appreciate how difficult it can be.

I'm quite happy we're downstairs to be honest. Makes stumbling to the toilet easier, and safer :)

And we're not hit with the cold, snowy draft everytime that damned door is opened!! :angry::D

I'll try not to walk into the mirror next to the toilet this year, did it in front of everyone downstairs last year. :rolleyes:

Yeah thanks Mark and Damien for getting things sorted. B)

I'll try not to walk into the mirror next to the toilet this year, did it in front of everyone downstairs last year. :rolleyes:

Thanks for sharing that, Andy. Personally, i would have kept quiet about something like that..................................... B)

good job you didn't apologise to the person in the mirror you bumped into!......or did you? :lol:

Lmao! I'm actually trying to picture that image in my head :lol:

Getting a few saturday morning laughs out of it too :P

I too wouldn't have said anything unless it got brought up :lol:

Thanks to Mark and Damien for sorting this out :)

Also thanks Jay for looking at the accomodation :)

Now, do i fly down, get the train or drive??? :D

Think about first class ;)

I'm thinking about the snow :lol:

What is Ryanair's first class? A seat inside the plane? :P

Cheers for sorting this out. It will be good to meet many of you at last and put names to faces. The only thing I have to work out is what to do after the game. I live 10 miles away in Beckenham, so may well "hang around" (if there is anywhere..) for the first train home.

It's a shame we won't be seeing the Pats, but there we go. :(

Cheers for sorting this out. It will be good to meet many of you at last and put names to faces. The only thing I have to work out is what to do after the game. I live 10 miles away in Beckenham, so may well "hang around" (if there is anywhere..) for the first train home.

It's a shame we won't be seeing the Pats, but there we go. :(

There's always the Backpackers Hostel for a few hours of shuteye in the warm & dry

Just to add my thanks to the guys for organising this event.

We always look forward to our annual trip to Bodeans for SB :) , and it's such a good night that Mrs PatsFanUK is joining us again this year for only her second ever SB night..!!..

Guest dave45

Just to add to what Patsfanuk said, thanks to everyone for organizing this event. It will be a bit different this year. It will be interesting to experience what it will be like downstairs instead of upstairs and how that will affect the atmosphere of the event. At least we won't have a draft everytime someone opens the door.

No Patriots in the SB this year :angry: , but the event will still be good, because it is the members of the UKPatriots that make it a good event regardless of who happens to be playing.

On that note can I just say that I am very much looking forward to meeting you all again B) .

I would also like to say thanks to everyone whos helped organise it. Shame we won't be seeing the Patriots, but i look forward to meeting you lot

Hey guy's what time do people normally arrive at the Porcupine? Just so i know what time to book my train ticket for. Cheers

Also am i right in guessing that its the pub just off Leicester Square?

Hey guy's what time do people normally arrive at the Porcupine? Just so i know what time to book my train ticket for. Cheers

Also am i right in guessing that its the pub just off Leicester Square?

You're right about which pub it is.

I've just booked my coach ticket, and I get into Victoria at 1.20pm.

Hopefully going to meet up with a few of the other guys, before going to the Pub.

I'll send an e-mail update to everybody a bit later with addresses etc for the Pub & Bodeans

Hopefully going to meet up with a few of the other guys, before going to the Pub.

I'll send an e-mail update to everybody a bit later with addresses etc for the Pub & Bodeans

I'm working on Sunday- so i may be a little late to the Porcupine, i should be there for around 3-3.30 pm :rolleyes:

Cheers :)

Look forward to meeting up with you lot

Guys,

due to personal issues I won't be able to attenf the Superbowl party.

I'm gutted as I was really looking forward to it but unfortunately I have other things to see to that day.

I'd like to say thanks to Mark (Swindon) for all his help in arranging this. He has done a terrific job and I hope we can work together in arranging this again next year! I think he's owed a few drinks ;)

Sorry for the lateness in this guys...hopefully I'll be seeing you all later in the year for the roadtrip :)

Guys, due to personal issues I won't be able to attend the Superbowl party.

I'm gutted as I was really looking forward to it but unfortunately I have other things to see to that day.

Sorry for the lateness in this guys...hopefully I'll be seeing you all later in the year for the roadtrip :)

That's a shame Damien. Hopefully we'll all catch up with you sometime.

Guest Ex-Patriot

For hockey fans, and I guess if anyone wants a New England flavour to the night, just noticed on Bodean's sports scheduling that they'll have the live sportscast of Boston Bruins at Montreal on immediately before the big game.

For hockey fans, and I guess if anyone wants a New England flavour to the night, just noticed on Bodean's sports scheduling that they'll have the live sportscast of Boston Bruins at Montreal on immediately before the big game.

Was hoping for Celtics-Magic. Talking of the Cs, what a game against the Lakers on right now.

Guest Ex-Patriot
Was hoping for Celtics-Magic. Talking of the Cs, what a game against the Lakers on right now.

Not the result we were hoping for, though. :( Cs in a right old funk at the mo.

Just been notified that unfortunately somebody has had to drop out from this, therefore there is 1 space now available for anybody who would like to join the other 27 of us.

Please contact me ASAP if you would like to use this space. Cost is £25, not a lot for a great evening & night with a load of Pats Fans.

Cheers

Mark