Sign in to follow this  
stron

The Green Man Crew

Me and my bro-in-law, Paul, are staying Sat. & Sun. nights at the Green Man.

Thought I'd start a thread for those of us who are staying where men are men...................well at least of the green variety.

Add a reply if you're going to be a member of the "Crew" so we know who to look out for.

Any info you glean can be posted here for the benefit of the entire Green Man Crew.

Anybody know where we can get a decent breakfast nearby for instance?

Below is my bit of research for the cause. Hope it's useful (and accurate) :D

Been trying to make head or tail of the London Underground system with a view to getting to the UK Patriots Saturday night West-End bunfight :unsure:

As far as I can make out there are 2 options outbound from Wembley Central:

Option 1 - departs @ 17:10 & arrives @ 17:42

Option 2 - departs @ 17:20 & arrives @ 17:54

Direct returns to Wembley Central are at the following times:

22:31 - 22:51 - 22:59 - 23:19 - 23:35 and the last direct return (miss it at your own risk) is 23:54.

Fares are £4 per journey.

Guest Ex-Patriot

Stron, is the Green Man nearer to Wembley Park tube station? If yes, you're better off going from there, on the Metropolitan Line, and changing to the Bakerloo Line at Baker Street. The Metropolitan Line is also quicker than both the Jubilee Line and the Bakerloo Line.

Good luck!

And the Jubilee line is closed ..

Saturday 24 October, suspended between Stanmore and Waterloo. Two rail replacement bus services operate.

Service A: between Stanmore and Wembley Park, calling at Canons Park, Queensbury and Kingsbury.

Service B: between Wembley Park and Finchley Road, calling at Neasden, Dollis Hill, Willesden Green, Kilburn and West Hampstead.

Advice to anyone visiting London - Check out the travel website first : www.tfl.gov.uk

yo yo yo, green man crew member here :lol::lol:

me and my mate are staying at the green man saturday night and sunday night...... also i have offered to help ade set up the ukpatriots section in the tailgate party

The Green Man is about the same distance from Wembley Park & Wembley Central tube stations, but like Seagull says, check for closures at the weekends.

There is also a station at Wembley Stadium that runs overground trains to Marylebone (I think it's every hour during the day, at the weekend).

Breakfast can be had at several small cafes in the area, Cafe 2000, just down the hill from The Green Man, was okay when we visited in August.

the green man do breaky aswell for 6 quid, never been so cant comment on it

With them not offering B&B I assumed they didn't do breakfasts :rolleyes:

As for the tube times, I figured a slightly longer walk (about half a mile) to and from Wembley Central outweighed the prospect of messing about swapping lines and probably ending up Upminster :D

did you say they are 4 per person for each tube journey, if me,my mate and you and your brother in law all pay 4 quid each thats 16 quid.

It's £4 just for a zone 1 single. From the Green Man it will cost you more.

Anyone spending the weekend in London and using public transport should buy an Oyster Card for much cheaper fares. Go the the tfl website - https://oyster.tfl.gov.uk/oyster/entry.do

did you say they are 4 per person for each tube journey, if me,my mate and you and your brother in law all pay 4 quid each thats 16 quid sure we can get a cab for around the same price

http://www.london-taxi.co.uk/taxi/londontariff.htm

lol :) less chance of us getting lost :lol:

Google maps is showing it as a 10 mile, 30 min journey each way. That'll probably make it about £20 each way. I'm quite happy to pay that especially bearing in mind what Ade says about tube zone stuff. A cab will be a lot less confusing for us dumb Northerners :D

Trains that run under t'earth :o It's just not reet I tell thi :lol:

This threads died a bit of a death :o

I could have sworn there was more than just me and Hull staying at the Green Man :unsure:

so did i :) but sure it wont be quiet there :)

Been looking back through another thread and apparently LuckyTucker is a Green Man crew member too :)

I'm gonna pack some earplugs just in case I need to hit the sack before all the revellers have let up ;)

Been looking back through another thread and apparently LuckyTucker is a Green Man crew member too :)

I'm gonna pack some earplugs just in case I need to hit the sack before all the revellers have let up ;)

Yeah im there too. Sorry, been in t'USA :rolleyes: so missed the thread. Hope this taxi seats five so i can get in on it! :P

Yeah im there too. Sorry, been in t'USA :rolleyes: so missed the thread. Hope this taxi seats five so i can get in on it! :P

Welcome back then LT :)

I'm sure there'll be other Pat fans staying at the Green Man who'll be looking to split a cab bill or we could all try the tube ;)

sure u can get more then 4 in a black cab :P with me and stron been northerns and dont know anything beyond grantham.... i thought the world just ended there but i was shocked it doesn't... which is nice :P:P

Hi Green Man people.

Several of you have offered to prepare our marquee area on Sunday morning. Many thanks for this. There's not actually much to do, just hang a few flags/bunting etc. We'll get these to you somehow (maybe at the Flag game if Stron's there). Can someone make sure that they pack something to hang it with .. maybe string, tape, pegs, etc. ?

A BIG THANK YOU to all UK Patriots who attended GBTP 3 at the Green Man in Wembley.

Hopefully you all had a great time and got everything you needed from the venue and party.

The party was even busier than was anticipated and even with 4 bars and additional toilet facilities there were unfortunately queues at the busiest times. But hopefully everyone enjoyed the event anyway and there was certainly more Pats than Bucs fans there!