Sign in to follow this  
specialbruschidave

Ukpatriots Commemorative Flag

as some of you are aware, in less than 10 days we take over Wembley, and, not in a shy way! we already have an official UKPatriots flag, and a roadtrip flag. we would like a special one to comemmorate this once in a lifetime happenning.

so i am looking for your input on the design of a UKPats Wembley flag.

we already have some ideas floating around, the design should feature 1. UKPatriots. 2. Wembley/London 3. some form of logo- ie helmet, flying elvis, 4. our bond with our US partners- ie flags etc.

we are looking at 5' x 3' size.

so, come on you budding graphic designers- what you got?

Just bouncing this to try encourage someone to offer their help with this if you can.

Ordering the flags is something that I completely forgot about. We'll need then to decorate the Green man tent, and for the Saturday night.

They are being paid for by the kind donations from our ticket holders who paid our estimated cost v the actual cost.

I know a friend who a good artist could possibly come up with an idea and draw something up but when do you need an image in by since the time limit may be ever so short

Guest Ex-Patriot

If you want to get it on the TV, it'll have to try and feature CBS in it, 'cos the networks love showing them and it's CBS picking up the game. Often you'll see a message with the starting letters of each word matching the network.

What about something like:

Come

Back

Soon

Pats

with the CBS obviously highlighted, maybe the word Pats in Patriots joined-up writing logo, and then work-in all the other stuff around it, UKPats, Wembley/London and so forth.

If you want to get it on the TV, it'll have to try and feature CBS in it, 'cos the networks love showing them and it's CBS picking up the game. Often you'll see a message with the starting letters of each word matching the network.

What about something like:

Come

Back

Soon

Pats

with the CBS obviously highlighted, maybe the word Pats in Patriots joined-up writing logo, and then work-in all the other stuff around it, UKPats, Wembley/London and so forth.

we do this on roadtrips- quite successfully really, this design is for our tailgate area at wembley, the pre- game party at the SportsCafe, and possibly within the stadium with the rest of our paraphernalia.

in terms of time i really need to get this to the printers tomorrow to guarantee delivery by next friday afternoon....................gulp!

My graphic design & computer skills are pretty limited, so I will try and describe my idea.

Wembley Arch with UK Patriots Logo beneath it and Union Jack and Stars & Stripes at either end of the Arch signifying the link of 2 countries.

Or something along those lines. Perhaps include Date of game along with UK Pats logo

Don't know how we stand using the Wembley Arch

seeing as we have front-row in the upper tier, that would look to be prime real-estate for flag hanging - would it be possible to get a pair of flags - one for each grouping of ukpats?

maybe even a third one to be signed by any special guests (hopefully lots) at the saturday night bash.

seeing as we have front-row in the upper tier, that would look to be prime real-estate for flag hanging - would it be possible to get a pair of flags - one for each grouping of ukpats?

maybe even a third one to be signed by any special guests (hopefully lots) at the saturday night bash.

we do things on a larger scale here Chris.....................

Guest dave45
we do things on a larger scale here Chris.....................

Just as long as our flag is larger than anything the Bucs fans come up with ;)

Just as long as our flag is larger than anything the Bucs fans come up with ;)

What all 40 of them? :P

Guest dave45
What all 40 of them? :P

That's a little unfair, James. There will be at least 60 of them at their Saturday night do :rolleyes:

That's a little unfair, James. There will be at least 60 of them at their Saturday night do :rolleyes:

No mate, there's going to be 40...literally.

We've got more people on our reserve list. :D

Guest Scouse Patriot
think we're sorted now guys........

Great stuff, do we get a sneak peak of the design?

Guest Scouse Patriot
Afraid not (in case they get copied - this is a public forum). Sorry.

No problemo, I didn't even think of that to be honest.

if anyone has seen the NFL Games before- the company that supply NFL with the huge team and country flags before the game, are the only company good enough for the UKPatriots flags............... :rolleyes:

How about we get another flag and everyone signs it?

Could do it and everyone that signs, puts some money in and the remainder goes to a charity of some sort.

Just a suggestion :)

Guest Scouse Patriot

I didn't want to start a new thread so I'll post it in here, a flag and a banner is pretty similar anyway ;)

I've just seen this on Twitter posted by Nat Coombs (@NatCoombs)

"Wembley gang! Send your photos of the day into nfl@five.tv and we'll show them during the season. Nat & Mike banners win special prize!"

Get making your banners guys you have 4 days :)