Sign in to follow this  
KentPatsFan

Ukpatriots @ Bucpower 'alan Newcombe' Flag Football Tournament

Okay guys the info Packs went out to all those who gave me their E-Mail addresses. If I have missed you by mistake or you haven't yet requested a pack but wish to do so, please leave a message for me here or email me: damien@ukpatriots.com.

A new update:

I received word this morning that the NFL has taken the UKPatriots @ Bucpower Flag Tournament as an Official NFL International Series Promotional Event.

This means that the event and location have been made available to all aspects of the media who will be following the International Series game.

The likely attendees are:

NFL Films

BBC

Sky News

Sky Sports News

Patriots Today

Tampa related media

Other Boston based media.

They may request an interview with one or two of you.

There will be time dedicated solely to the media. If you wish to take part in the game staged for the media then please be at Rosslyn Park Rugby Club by 10:30am. If you only wish to attend the UKPatriots A Vs B game and official Final, please make sure you are at the Grounds by 11:30.

There will be parking at Rosslyn Park Rugby Club if you wish to drive there.

Again, if you have any questions do not hesitate to get hold of me through any of the methods in my email.

Damien.

cheers for all your hard work damien :) looks like its going to be an fun packed morning :)

edit: just read the rules, nothing too major going to review them every day so they come second nature

I'm old and my memory is crap, how the hell am I going to remember all that. :o

I have a question, what time are we likely to finish? Some of us are supposed to be helping to get the Sports Cafe ready for the evening, are we going to get time to grab a shower and get ready in time? It sounds like time may be a little tight. <_<

Just read the last one in case of any doubt ... "Whoever scores the most points will be declared the winner" B)

I have a question, what time are we likely to finish? Some of us are supposed to be helping to get the Sports Cafe ready for the evening, are we going to get time to grab a shower and get ready in time? It sounds like time may be a little tight. <_<

Haha it's so simple! The rules are there in case anyone wants to read them but we'll go through it all on the day. A lot of it, as Ade just pointed out, is stating the obvious.

No later than 3. I also took into account all the Mods will need to shoot off to the Sports Cafe in order to help set up for Saturday Night's festivites.

The Mods who are playing will have Private access to the showers so they can quickly get showered and ready for the Party in the evening. We can then leave and head over there as soon as :)

Thought of pretty much everything mate ;)

Guest Ex-Patriot

Have you thought about having someone on the Bucs sideline to videotape their signals? ;)

Have you thought about having someone on the Bucs sideline to videotape their signals? ;)

someone should also tell them that their honourary captain will not be able to make the coin toss, according to Stephen Gateleys' agent..................... :rolleyes:

Anyone travelling by train, it's a fairly frequent service out of Waterloo (please note, NOT Waterloo East Stn.) to Barnes. Journey time is 19 minutes.

Ok, good news and bad news.

I sort of broke 3 fingers in my right hand yesterday.

I'm still going to come and watch, but stick me on the Injury Report as doubtful.

3 fingers taped together on my left hand.

Let us just call it a drunken incident on the Injury Report as well :D

Haha it's so simple! The rules are there in case anyone wants to read them but we'll go through it all on the day. A lot of it, as Ade just pointed out, is stating the obvious.

No later than 3. I also took into account all the Mods will need to shoot off to the Sports Cafe in order to help set up for Saturday Night's festivites.

The Mods who are playing will have Private access to the showers so they can quickly get showered and ready for the Party in the evening. We can then leave and head over there as soon as :)

Nice job mate. :D

all the Mods will need to shoot off to the Sports Cafe in order to help set up for Saturday Night's festivites.

I'm not sure that's actually the case. The Sports Cafe will be open for normal business and won't want a dozen people hanging around. I don't mean to sound ungrateful or anything for the offers of help, but I think James & Fred already have all the help they need to get Saturday ready. Too many cooks and all that. :)

Oh man. You think if I ink out all the divorce lawyers in the yellow pages, I could get away with actually coming down on Saturday? Don't you DARE have too much fun without me able to come!

ok chaps, what footwear is everyone wearing for the game, with the likely hood of rain... i think i'm going to go with a old pair of converse which i can throw away afterwards as i don't have any football boots :)

Guest Scouse Patriot
ok chaps, what footwear is everyone wearing for the game, with the likely hood of rain... i think i'm going to go with a old pair of converse which i can throw away afterwards as i don't have any football boots :)

Just a pair of Nike trainers probably, I'll be using the chip in them to chart my data and how many calories I've burned etc. Then I can work out how many extra pints I need Saturday night to top them back up! ;)

I'll be wearing my silver football boots

Check back tomorrow for hair and make-up tips.... :D

i'll have under armour linebacker cleats, underwear by Kalvin Klein, make up by Rimmell(for that london look) shirt by Reebok, skimpy pink glitter running shorts by Versace, hair by Lee stafford, hair products by Loreal( because i'm worth it!) stomach by Krispy Kreme.

i'll have under armour linebacker cleats, underwear by Kalvin Klein, make up by Rimmell(for that london look) shirt by Reebok, skimpy pink glitter running shorts by Versace, hair by Lee stafford, hair products by Loreal( because i'm worth it!) stomach by Krispy Kreme.

Oh my.....

...Dave if you do pitch up in this outfit, you will be deserving of a trophy all of your own!

Thats a point we need to look good for the camera's :D

I think its going to take more than hair and makeup tips to make us look good.

I'm going for my blue Predators. May give me some extra distance in the figgy competition. ;)

Hi all, yeah with plenty of the wet stuff about,it has to be boots with studs,i can't see moulded of any type being any good!

Quick suggestion - the instructions say to bring your team's home kit.

Shouldn't we allocate blue shirts to one of our teams and white to the other?

Quick suggestion - the instructions say to bring your team's home kit.

Shouldn't we allocate blue shirts to one of our teams and white to the other?

And if you only have one jersey, what then?

I'm betting that most that do show up to play, will have a blue jersey, with white being in the minority.

Guest Scouse Patriot
And if you only have one jersey, what then?

I'm betting that most that do show up to play, will have a blue jersey, with white being in the minority.

That's a problem for me to be honest. I only have my red 50th ann and I'm saving that for the Saturday night and gameday.

It's basically something we're addressing on gameday. This is why I'm asking everyone to bring what they have. I have a blue, white and red jersey (and I have no qualms in playing in my throwback tbh) so theres 2 available. We'll work something out even if it's turning the Jersey's inside out! haha!

Don't have boots so it will be trainers for me. I guess we will have to take or kit with us to the Sports Cafe after the game, that could be a bit of a pain.

Oh! I will definitely be wearing our blue jersey.

is there any organized post-game refreshment or will it be on an ad hoc basis with people heading into london by themselves?

also, are there shower facilities for all or just the mods?

is there any organized post-game refreshment or will it be on an ad hoc basis with people heading into london by themselves?

also, are there shower facilities for all or just the mods?

Everyone will be able to access the facilities. We will be making our way to their clubhouse for Trophy Presentations and refreshments.

Also, a new update which has been emailed to you all; sorry if I have missed anyone out (I don't think I have):

Hey all,

I have received word today that we will be on a pitch down in Richmond Park, a 10-15 minute walk from Rosslyn Park's official ground and clubhouse.

Therefore, it will be much easier for you guys to go to Richmond Park rather than to the Clubhouse and main ground.

Tube:

Richmond Station - British Rail or District Line (and then catch the 371 or 65 buses to the pedestrian gate at Petersham).

From the pedestrian gate, proceed straight forwards until you hit the main path/road that runs through Richmond Park and turn left (northwards) towards Richmond Gate. When you get to the top (you will see the entrance/exit on the left), turn right and follow that main path/road until you hit the cross-section. To your left is Sheen Gate. The Rugby pitches are located around here and easy to find.

Driving:

There are six car parks within Richmond Park and these are clearly marked on the maps. Remember, do not park on the roads or grassland. There is a disabled-badge-holders only car park for the Isabella Plantation, access via Ham Cross. Other visitors should use the Broomfield Hill car park.

Once the games are over we will proceed up to the clubhouse together for a trophy/medal presentation and drinks.

Any problems then please telephone me on 07792704519. I am leaving for London tomorrow and will probably not be online running up to the Saturday.

See you Saturday!

Damien.

If you do want to bring some alcohol to the side of the pitch then that is okay as the Rugby Pitches are privately owned. However, please keep them out of site of the cameras and, please don't drink too much and dispose of the rubbish in bin bags I'll provide. Also, please conceal it as I don't want tonnes of people walking through Richmond Park carrying crates of beer....not a good image for us or Richmond Park!

Is anyone else thinking about heading towards the Sports Cafe after the Trophy Presentations and refreshments?

Is anyone else thinking about heading towards the Sports Cafe after the Trophy Presentations and refreshments?

They're closing the doors at 4. Ticket collections only.

If you do want to bring some alcohol to the side of the pitch then that is okay as the Rugby Pitches are privately owned. However, please keep them out of site of the cameras and, please don't drink too much and dispose of the rubbish in bin bags I'll provide. Also, please conceal it as I don't want tonnes of people walking through Richmond Park carrying crates of beer....not a good image for us or Richmond Park!

Anyone else seeing the complete irony of us making Damien take a no-alcohol pledge on last year's roadtrip (due to the U21 laws in the USA) and him now warning us to behave ourselves at the Flag Footy game. ***chuckles***

Closure of Underground this weekend. Saturday 24th & Sunday 25th October

According to TFL website "District Line is suspended between West Kensington and Richmond" Rail replacement buses will be running.

Just trying to locate the pitches on google maps, can someone confirm or deny its the pitches that run along the side of 'Sawyers Hill'. As an alien to london this may be an obvious question.

If you are staying @ wembley:

Get the tube from Wembley Central to Willesden. Change to the train for Richmond, entire journey ~40 mins

Once at Richmond either follow Damiens walking instructions 20-25mins walk OR get the 493 from stop E heading to St Georges Tooting and get off at Sheen Lane. The walk from there to the pitches is about half that from Richmond. Buses are frequent.

Just trying to locate the pitches on google maps, can someone confirm or deny its the pitches that run along the side of 'Sawyers Hill'. As an alien to london this may be an obvious question.

I think they are, opposite Sheen Cross wood

so if you sere to come in by roehampton gate, and go straight towards the crossroads, the pitches would be on on your left ?

If you are staying @ wembley:

Get the tube from Wembley Central to Willesden. Change to the train for Richmond, entire journey ~40 mins

Once at Richmond either follow Damiens walking instructions 20-25mins walk OR get the 493 from stop E heading to St Georges Tooting and get off at Sheen Lane. The walk from there to the pitches is about half that from Richmond. Buses are frequent.

Hang on Mark - Damien also said to catch a bus - Number 371 or 65.

At this rate only half a team will find the place and turn up :o

Im catching a taxi I think can't see it costing too much and reduces my human error which could leave me ending up in France

I'm also thinking of getting a taxi from Barnes station, will be with 2 others so should bring hte cost down a bit, can't cost much for a 5 min journey....can it?

Guest dave45

I live in West London so, unlike most of you, I will be travelling towards London instead of away from it. I will get a bus from my house to Feltham station and then catch a BR train to Barnes.

Guest dave45
I was going to take the tube from Uxbridge to Richmond, but no district line is a problem. Time to look for a plan B!

Simon

You say you are in Uxbridge. I am in Hayes, so I have a similar problem.

My solution is to get the 90 bus to Feltham and then the train to Barnes. For you, from Uxbridge you could get a bus to The Grapes (427 or 607 Express) or even the U4 from Uxbridge to Hayes and then catch the 90 from there to Feltham and hence BR train to Barnes (Barnes is closer to the venue than Richmond, I reckon, but Richmond is on the same line anyway). This solution cuts out the District Line altogether.

Im catching a taxi I think can't see it costing too much and reduces my human error which could leave me ending up in France

was considering a taxi and then i saw how far the game was from kings cross, 12miles roughly and for 6 miles in a black cab its 20-30 quid so i reckon its gonna be at least 40 quid, just searching online for underground journey planner hopefully it wont take more then a hour or i am screwed

was considering a taxi and then i saw how far the game was from kings cross, 12miles roughly and for 6 miles in a black cab its 20-30 quid so i reckon its gonna be at least 40 quid, just searching online for underground journey planner hopefully it wont take more then a hour or i am screwed

Taxi from Barnes station not Kings Cross