Sign in to follow this  
KentPatsFan

Ukpatriots @ Bucpower 'alan Newcombe' Flag Football Tournament

No im tubing it to Waterloo then train to Barnes, its a bit of a headache but not really a lot of options availible to me

FYI, the cab office at barnes station is located in the old waiting room on platforms 2-3 (in the middle). I'll try and remember to get the number for you guys when i'm there this evening

train from waterloo is about 15 mins to barnes and they are fairly frequent from waterloo (the 4 or 5 platforms on the far right - numbers 16-20 I think ?)

from clapham junction it is platforms 5 & 6 and takes under10 mins.

Northern line trains will not be stopping at kings cross due to engineering work - from kings cross i would advise victoria line to vauxhall and then pick up the train from there (can't remember the platform number - sorry - i'll see if can can check it out tonight)- there are some stairs at vauxhall BR though, so if you are carrying heavy bags you have been warned

Right, i've had a checkup at the Doctor on my hand, and he recommends that I don't play. I'll turn up to watch anyway and if players drop out as the time goes by, then i'll go in one-handed.

If i'm in pain in the morning, then i'm making an early exit to watch Palace, get changed and get back out for the night.

Do we have a postcode for this park btw?

update -

the phone number of the minicab place at barnes station is 0208 876 6666

trains from vauxhall to barnes depart from platforms 3&4

Guest BUCPOWER.COM

Thanks to all of your guys who came along to make the event so special. The media coverage has been simply amazing and there are pictures on the AP Sports wire and in newspapers all over America. Video of the event is on buccaneers.com and Sky Sports News were showing clips last night too.

For the record, it was 14-0 and 26-6 Bucs UK but that really was irrelevant. It was fun and we put on a great show for the wider audience.

See you all at Wembley and all the best to your entire club from everyone connected with the Bucs UK.

Paul Stewart

Thanks to all of your guys who came along to make the event so special. The media coverage has been simply amazing and there are pictures on the AP Sports wire and in newspapers all over America. Video of the event is on buccaneers.com and Sky Sports News were showing clips last night too.

For the record, it was 14-0 and 26-6 Bucs UK but that really was irrelevant. It was fun and we put on a great show for the wider audience.

See you all at Wembley and all the best to your entire club from everyone connected with the Bucs UK.

Paul Stewart

- the flag football was a Fan event, and i'm proud to say, our fans,turned up to watch the game, and enjoyed it thoroughly. didn'see any real Bucs fans though, pity, that.

oh- we also enjoyed the Bucs media circus :D especially the clowns :lol: .

morning lads, great game, should arange a rematch or something......

love the bits of film and pics.

i think ive lost my voice after tonight thoughl.....

oh well, im off to cornwall, ill catch up with you all soon.

(not so) mini sbd...

I dislocated my finger in the 'no contact, friendly' match up <_< !! But it wasnt going to stop me playing!!

I finished with stats of 1 solo tackle and one sack, so I've officially contributed more in a Pats jersey than Derek Burgess :o

2 tackles, or tag rips as they were, 2 catches, 1 massive drop that should have gone to the house (on a great throw by Damien!!)

Like Kirk, I too have a rib(s) injury, severity not known though in my case, just bloody painful, goes quite nicely with the lower thigh muscle strain I acquired as well!

You'd think I'm old enough to know better, than to think I could run around like I used to a good few years ago!

Needless to say, I'm getting no sympathy from my wife!!!!!

Damien,many thank's mate for everything to do with the Flag game,i don't think i was the only player that enjoyed the whole day. And a big thank you to John Smith for some coaching tips,and not forgetting Pat Patriot and the wonderfull Patriots Cheerleader's. mmmmmm :rolleyes:

The only down side is that Sunday morning my left anckle was the same colour as the Home shirt!

Oh yeah, has anyone got any pics of the day,to put on the site!

Regards Rob

Like Kirk, I too have a rib(s) injury, severity not known though in my case, just bloody painful, goes quite nicely with the lower thigh muscle strain I acquired as well!

You'd think I'm old enough to know better, than to think I could run around like I used to a good few years ago!

Needless to say, I'm getting no sympathy from my wife!!!!!

not sure about Wolf, Ted-you were more like a Terrier possessed as our team blitzer mate!

Just trying to find an equivalent video on Buccaneers.com. I was amused that the QB said he needs to try to be less aggressive.

I'm surprised he hasn't taken the credit for organising the Pats/Bucs game on sunday <_<

lmfao. Too bloody funny

I'm surprised he hasn't taken the credit for organising the Pats/Bucs game on sunday <_<

Have you not seen his CBS Primetime interview with Roger Goodell, in his private jet?---------he's rescheduling the rest of this seasons games, so the Bucs Play the Titans, 9 times, at home, with the new no-titan-defence- rule. :D

Have you not seen his CBS Primetime interview with Roger Goodell, in his private jet?---------he's rescheduling the rest of this seasons games, so the Bucs Play the Titans, 9 times, at home, with the new no-titan-defence- rule. :D

Wow! I hope Mr Goodell realises how priveleged he was to be invited to spend 5 minutes with Paul Stewart - and in Paul's jet too! :D

I wonder if Goodell will allow the Bucs to bring in superior players from other teams to help their cause? Like Paul Stewart did for the flag game :P

I wonder if Goodell will allow the Bucs to bring in superior players from other teams to help their cause? Like Paul Stewart did for the flag game :P

An Eagles fan and a Steelers fan for their main 2 experienced receivers. Though they won the game easily, they look like the losers for sure! :lol:

Its odd that such a trivial and fun game became so serious and important they had to do something like that!! Jokes on them really haha...and where did all their real forum users go after the NFL Films and Sky cameras went? Im sure they would have loved the real game! :D

Though, I was ready to go after I met the cheerleaders and Pat! B)

Though, I was ready to go after I met the cheerleaders B)

Yep you sure were ready to go all weekend after meeting the Cheerleaders (especially Britni), we actually had to guard the toilet paper at the Apartment. :lol:

TBH with you i didnt see the attraction, i walk through my local town and see woman like that everywhere B)

TBH with you i didnt see the attraction, i walk through my local town and see woman like that everywhere B)

Of course you do Andy, of course you do!!!!! Another example of the power of 'beer goggles' to confuse the brain!

Of course you do Andy, of course you do!!!!! Another example of the power of 'beer goggles' to confuse the brain!

Think you're the confused one mate, that's not my post! :lol:

Yep you sure were ready to go all weekend after meeting the Cheerleaders (especially Britni), we actually had to guard the toilet paper at the Apartment. :lol:

Oi oi, I paid £2.80 for 4 rolls of that!! Disgraceful...M & S. Pffft!

And as if, I would have just invited her round if I wanted to see her!! :lol:

Think you're the confused one mate, that's not my post! :lol:

It's my age Andy and as such, some things are excusable, confusion being one of them! :lol:

Guys,

thank you for making Saturday what it was. I know myself and the Mods had a lot to do with planning it however, without the commitment you guys showed in showing up, despite the weather, it wouldn't have been anywhere near as good!

I know we lost but, at the end of the day, we have forged some great friendships, put faces to names and bonded more as a club. Most importantly, we had fun and a reward for showing up...the Cheerleaders and Pat ;)

So all in all we are winners overall :)

BTW....you have Ade and James to thank for that. I honestly had NO idea they were coming so it was a wonderful surprise for me :)

Thanks again guys and don't forget to get your arses down to the Superbowl Part in February ;)

What was a shame was the attitude taken by too many of the UK Patriots team at the event who did pretty much all they could to screw up the media event and then acted like spoiled children when they lost the second game played. Typical bandwagon British fans who think the NFL owe them everything and don't see the bigger picture.

Our favourite Buc.

What a *expletive* who'd have thought people were wanting a laugh at a fun event and not 15 mins of media fame.

Our favourite Buc.

What a *expletive* who'd have thought people were wanting a laugh at a fun event and not 15 mins of media fame.

I've had to draw a line under this a**wipe and move on to more important things, like chat magazine and belly button fluff.

i suggest we do too- any more publicity for this amoeba is like candy to a child.

Not too sure if this is the right place to put it, but I found Paul Stewart to be a complete nob (apologies to all ladies present) :)

I went around the first bit to try and meet a few people and Mrs Laz and a few others pointed out most of you all so I could put names to faces.

Then, I went over to see some of the Bucs cheerleaders and meet a few of their fans, and I shook hands with him and he seemed to be pissed off that I didn't know who he was. And even made the comment of saying that it was a surprise I didn't have a Brady shirt like the rest.

If i'd been in a better mood, I might have had a go at him, but didn't feel like an argument really.

I hope we have a rematch next year. Please. Please.

I might accidentally hit someone Brandon Meriweather-style should I be able to play.

Unless they go and bring in some more ringers.

Hey, maybe the real Bucs could do with some Oakland Raiders fans playing for them.

0-7. Hey, that must suck.

We have something special planned to commerate the touch football victory over the UK Patriots

Only a true genius gets to invent new words

I saw that, and sent him an email suggesting politely that he remove it. Which as far as I am aware he did.

However he was quick to post a photo of us in their forum with Pat, telling the Bucpower guys who we were and, in the mean time, taking a personal dig at myself.

Shame the guy didn't have the balls to just reply to my email! He's exactly the kind of guy I dispise and I'm so glad I got to work with Ian in arranging this.

Obviously, he's a firm believer in the freedom of speech.

A totally classless act!

For my reply, I was banned :P

Ha! idiot.

He wouldn't let me register on the website.

Are we having a rematch next year.

With contact this time? ;)

In terms of a re-match, I think we all know whats going to happen with that one.

It's all down to Paul Stewart's immature behaviour really.

I so wish though :P