Sign in to follow this  
papa lazarou

Travel Disruptions Wembley Weekend

thought we could stick in anything relevant in this thread.

SATURDAY

for those staying @ wembley: Jubilee line works

Saturday 24 October, suspended between Stanmore and Waterloo. Two rail replacement bus services operate.

Service A: between Stanmore and Wembley Park, calling at Canons Park, Queensbury and Kingsbury.

Service B: between Wembley Park and Finchley Road, calling at Neasden, Dollis Hill, Willesden Green, Kilburn and West Hampstead.

Going to Richmond Park? Not on the District Line!

Saturday 24 and Sunday 25 October, suspended between West Kensington and Richmond and between West Kensington and Ealing Broadway. Rail replacment bus services operate.

Service A: between Boston Manor and Hammersmith.

Service B: between Boston Manor and Hammersmith, calling at South Ealing, Ealing Broadway, Ealing Common, Acton Town, Gunnersbury, Chiswick Park, Turnham Green, Stamford Brook and Ravenscourt Park.

Service C (early morning and late evening only): between Hammersmith and Richmond, calling at Ravenscourt Park, Stamford Brook, Turnham Green, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury and Kew Gardens.

Going to Richmond is it still possible to go from Waterloo to Barnes on the overground?

email from tfl

If you are planning to travel this weekend 24/25 October 2009, please check if any of the following works will affect you.

For a map highlighting planned improvement works this weekend, please click here

Visit our website to look at our 'Travel Tools', a range of free travel services to help you plan your journey tfl.gov.uk/traveltools

central.gif

Between Liverpool Street and Leytonstone there is no service on Sunday due to Network Rail engineering work. For further details and alternative routes, please click here

Marble Arch station is closed for improvement work. For further details and alternative routes, please click here

district.gif

Between West Kensington and Richmond/Ealing Broadway there is no service due to track replacement work. For further details and alternative routes, please click here

Southfields station is closed for improvement work. For further details and alternative routes, please click here

jubilee.gif

Between Waterloo and Stanmore there is no service all day Saturday due to line upgrade work. For further details and alternative routes, please click here

northern.gif

Archway station is closed for improvement work. For further details and alternative routes, please click here

Warren Street station is closed for improvement work. For further details and alternative routes, please click here

Northern line trains will not stop at King's Cross St. Pancras station due to Channel Tunnel Rail Link work. For further details and alternative routes, please click here

Clapham North, Tooting Bec and Colliers Wood stations are closed for improvement work on Sunday from 2200. For further details and alternative routes, please click here

piccadilly.gif

Between Hammersmith and Northfields/Ealing Common there is no service due to track replacement work. There is no direct Tube service between central London and Heathrow Airport. For further details and alternative routes, please click here

Between Rayners Lane and Uxbridge there is no service due to track replacement work. For further details and alternative routes, please click here

Hyde Park Corner station is closed for improvement work on Sunday from 2200. For further details and alternative routes, please click here

victoria.gif

Warren Street station is closed for improvement work. For further details and alternative routes, please click here

docklands.gif

Between Stratford and Lewisham there is no service. For further details and alternative routes, please click here

overground.gif

Between South Tottenham and Barking there is no service on Saturday.

Between Gospel Oak and Barking there is no service on Saturday after 1700 and all day Sunday.

Between Willesden Junction and Clapham Junction there is no service on Saturday after 1930.

Between Shepherd's Bush and Clapham Junction there is no service until 1230 on Sunday.

Between Willesden Junction and Shepherd's Bush there is no service on Sunday.

Between Gunnersbury and Stratford there is no service on Sunday.

For more information on these engineering works click here

Guest ruth spinney

Although I'm sure to have fun with the tube, I've got the joy of travelling to London first by train (more accurately train-bus-train) on Sunday. It's ridiculous that a journey of just over 100miles is going to take 3 and a half hours! Personally I blame my friend for having her hen night this Saturday. Think of how much easier it would have been to arrive on Saturday - let alone the Party I'm going to miss with you guys that night!!! Inconsiderate I call it! :rolleyes:

Going to Richmond is it still possible to go from Waterloo to Barnes on the overground?

It would seem to be easier to go to Barnes from Waterloo and walk for 10-15 minutes rather than going to Richmond Station, catching a bus and then walking for 10 minutes.

It would seem to be easier to go to Barnes from Waterloo and walk for 10-15 minutes rather than going to Richmond Station, catching a bus and then walking for 10 minutes.

i'll be training it to barnes and then walking down priory lane, and through roehampton gate to the pitches.

I estimate that it's about a 25 minute walk - it's about 10-15 to the LTA and it's about as far again past there.