Sign in to follow this  
hullpatriot101

Cafe 2000

i wanted to thank cafe2000 near the wembley for there stunning breakfast's surely saved me and symon :)

Breakfast Number No.1 mmmmmmm and a mug of tea

Oh yeah - we enjoyed two fine breakfasts there over the weekend!! Their bacon on toast was delish! and the guy behind the counter was entertainment value all on his own!

Truly good breakfast indeed :)

Scrambled eggs and two sausages sorted me well out on Sunday morning :)

Yup, i'll always remember sitting in there about 7am on Sunday chatting to a Redskins fan whilst looking out at Wembleys arch. We were the only two people in there and whilst he was demolishing a full english i was struggling to keep my painkillers down and drink a coffee. The owner was pure class Mandy. He came out and set the clock above the door ahead instead of back at first so we had to convince him it was the other way. Then he only put it back an hour instead of two and we all got completely confused until i phoned the speaking clock to sort it out and even then he wasnt convinced :lol:

It was about another 4 hours before i could face anything to eat but when we did it was brilliant.

Hey,

You are so lucky we had breakfast at the hotel for 3 days on the trot and I kept thinking it might get better but no such luck. At least it soaked up some of the booze. lol

I dont recall much breakfast in the apartment, I had a bowl of coco pops on two occasions, and wrapped a sausage in a piece of toast another. Lol. Had toast on one too.

Guest Scouse Patriot
I dont recall much breakfast in the apartment, I had a bowl of coco pops on two occasions, and wrapped a sausage in a piece of toast another. Lol. Had toast on one too.

Sounds a lot better than the one we had on the Thursday in Spoons ;)

Well if you got out your bed earlier you would have enjoyed some of the sausage, bacon, eggs and toast washed down with tea or coffee that our resident Garry Rhodes rustled up ;)

It was better than the omlette scrambled eggs i made on the saturday night / sunday morning :D

The breakfasts at our hotel were very good but you guys really need to think about peanut butter for your toast.

Hey,

You are so lucky we had breakfast at the hotel for 3 days on the trot and I kept thinking it might get better but no such luck. At least it soaked up some of the booze. lol

Wasn't it you I warned about their breakfasts? :lol:

The breakfasts at our hotel were very good but you guys really need to think about peanut butter for your toast.

I love peanut butter, could you not get it in your hotel? What a bunch of amateurs! :lol:

I've been to England twice now, Scotland, and both Irelands; stayed at several hotels and none had peanut butter. But a hotel in Londonderry did have a bottle of Scotch to mix with the breakfast coffee. Now THAT was a civilized hotel!

I had a hearty breakfast (#3 I think it was, 2 rashers, 2 sos, egg, mushrooms, toms, beans & 2 b&B) on Sunday around noon. So brunch really :rolleyes:

Washed down with a £1 glass of milk while having a good old chinwag with that fat bloke off the telly :lol:

Shoulda ordered a prawn sarny when I saw him lurking in the corner :lol:

I've been to England twice now, Scotland, and both Irelands; stayed at several hotels and none had peanut butter. But a hotel in Londonderry did have a bottle of Scotch to mix with the breakfast coffee. Now THAT was a civilized hotel!

Peanut butter is more of a thing to have at lunchtime here, Dan. Same goes for Holland (they love their "pindakaas" over there). Also it is often used to wean babies onto more solid foods, which could explain why so many people in the UK have nut allergies.

This really belongs in the awful jokes page but...

A resident in a posh hotel breakfast room called over the head waiter one morning and read from the menu. "I'd like one under-cooked egg so that it's runny, and one over-cooked egg so that it's tough and hard to eat

I'd also like grilled bacon which is a bit on the cold side, burnt toast, butter straight from the freezer so that it's impossible to spread, and a pot of very weak, lukewarm coffee."

"That's a complicated order sir," said the bewildered waiter. "It might be quite difficult."

The guest replied sarcastically, "It can't be that difficult because that's exactly what you brought me yesterday!"

Wasn't it you I warned about their breakfasts? :lol:

Yeah it was. It was awful. On the last day it definately improved. We could get a knife to cut the bacon. lol. At least we kinda knew what we were getting into so it wasn't a disapointment. Thanks for that.