Susie500

Such A Shame

Hey all,

Just wanted to mention that I find the writings on bucpower.com to be a very sad way to write. I am not here slagging them off, I will point that out from the start. I was drawn to the site to get a different view from the weekend and was saddened to see what has been posted. I have always been able to understand competative behaviour and have often been part of it myself but I would never condone childish behaviour.

OK I decided to edit this and add in what I read online..........

"What was a shame was the attitude taken by too many of the UK Patriots team at the event who did pretty much all they could to screw up the media event and then acted like spoiled children when they lost the second game played. Typical bandwagon British fans who think the NFL owe them everything and don't see the bigger picture".

and..................

"Robert Kraft was out front and center in London Friday talking rubbish about an NFL franchise in London. But don't expect to see Bryan or Joel Glazer doing the same thing at the team practice at Wembley today - that just isn't their style".

sad sad sad

I think they were jealous that their media and cheerleaders were there for about half hour, and our guys stayed for the whole game and joined in with the laugh and jokes.

It's not our fault they didn't have enough players for 2 teams. Whereas we could have had 4 teams. And people didn't turn up.

Do we have a rematch next year lined up?

Or maybe we should do it Superbowl Sunday. Maybe in the snow (hopefully) :)

"What was a shame was the attitude taken by too many of the UK Patriots team at the event who did pretty much all they could to screw up the media event and then acted like spoiled children when they lost the second game played. Typical bandwagon British fans who think the NFL owe them everything and don't see the bigger picture".

and..................

"Robert Kraft was out front and center in London Friday talking rubbish about an NFL franchise in London. But don't expect to see Bryan or Joel Glazer doing the same thing at the team practice at Wembley today - that just isn't their style".

sad sad sad

Funny. I thought Richmond was a friendly event between fans. The 'media event' was leveraged in by someone else. That same person then took credit for organising the flag game which was news both to Damien and no doubt the person from Bucspower who actually organised the game. Still, it was nice of them to share their knowledge with us....

Other things that arent the Glazers style - arranging a fan event, bothering to contact the Times American Football correspondent to publicise the game, and beating Liverpool.

Do we have a rematch next year lined up?

Or maybe we should do it Superbowl Sunday. Maybe in the snow (hopefully) :)

Ooh can I join in next time. Especially if it's in the snow. lol. Good little wide receiver here. Will pack my studs :lol::lol: :lol: :lol:

You'll have to find out from Damien "QB/Ref who knew the rules" Jarrett ;)

We've got it won next time. Anyone who lays a hit on Stewart has free drinks for life at UKPatriots events.

Disclaimer: I do not condone violence...

Hey all,

Just wanted to mention that I find the writings on bucpower.com to be a very sad way to write. I am not here slagging them off, I will point that out from the start. I was drawn to the site to get a different view from the weekend and was saddened to see what has been posted. I have always been able to understand competative behaviour and have often been part of it myself but I would never condone childish behaviour.

OK I decided to edit this and add in what I read online..........

and..................

sad sad sad

Susan (and everyone else),

WHO CARES WHAT ANYONE ELSE SAYS ABOUT ANYTHING THAT HAS TO DO WITH THE NE PATRIOTS.

I just don't let anything any member of any other fan base in the NFL says about the Patriots bother me anymore. I used to get upset but I found that getting upset and even responding just doesn't help. Ignore them. It's only because they are jealous of the recent successes of our team and are jealous that Mr Kraft is the best owner in the NFL.

Did the Glazers show up at their Saturday night party? Probably not.

Did the Glazers have an audience with any members of British Royalty? That I don't know but Mr Kraft had an audience Saturday night with Prince Harry (so I understand from a very reliable sourse within the Patriots Organization) but he came to the Saturday night event first.

I'm on several opposing teams MBs and I respond to stupid comments their fans make about the Patriots ever so seldom since I know I will only agrivate myself further by their responses to my comments.

Let it go!!!!

Susan (and everyone else),

WHO CARES WHAT ANYONE ELSE SAYS ABOUT ANYTHING THAT HAS TO DO WITH THE NE PATRIOTS.

I just don't let anything any member of any other fan base in the NFL says about the Patriots bother me anymore. I used to get upset but I found that getting upset and even responding just doesn't help. Ignore them. It's only because they are jealous of the recent successes of our team and are jealous that Mr Kraft is the best owner in the NFL.

Did the Glazers show up at their Saturday night party? Probably not.

Did the Glazers have an audience with any members of British Royalty? That I don't know but Mr Kraft had an audience Saturday night with Prince Harry (so I understand from a very reliable sourse within the Patriots Organization) but he came to the Saturday night event first.

I'm on several opposing teams MBs and I respond to stupid comments their fans make about the Patriots ever so seldom since I know I will only agrivate myself further by their responses to my comments.

Let it go!!!!

Very true comments. Just wanted to add that this is not something that I am bothering about as I know the weekend Mike and I had and I know it will stay with us for the rest of our lives. This was not posted out of annoyance but out of pity. I feel terribly sorry for people who feel they need to do this after, certainly the best weekend of our lives.

Very true comments. Just wanted to add that this is not something that I am bothering about as I know the weekend Mike and I had and I know it will stay with us for the rest of our lives. This was not posted out of annoyance but out of pity. I feel terribly sorry for people who feel they need to do this after, certainly the best weekend of our lives.

But not theirs - that's why they said what they did.

Paul Stewart is a ***** ******** ******** *** *** ***** *****.

Fact.

I also love how he is buzzing they won a "friendly" game of flag football of the two WEMBLEY teams with a Steelers fan and Eagles fan playing WR/CB at BAFL level, for them, making all their plays. All our guys were off the forum, and all pats fans, and all pretty much average joes, in the true spirit of the game. The audacity of him to say we are jumping on the bandwagon, and say its us with the wrong attitude. The guy has serious issues.

Them 2 non-Bucs fans, who were actually pretty cool, told me how they were basically blackmailed by their no-chinned-media-loving-imbecile of a manager they HAD to play....I feel sorry for them. And what happened to their real fans and forum users after the media walkthrough game...I bet he told them to do one as he made himself look as great as he could in front of all the cameras.

Some level to go too, to win a game of friendly flag football, the selfishness of it all! Only to stroke his massively over sized ego. I mean we DID have the starting QB of the Maidstone Pumas, but against players like that, only so much can be done! ;):lol:

Guest Keithj

It ia rather pathetic to be so one-sided about everything. I'm sure we would have had some posts crowing about beating Bucpower but I don't think we would have denigrated them or their team. This group is so welcoming and anyone who does something gets proper recognition. Still, they have a membership so not everyone is as put off as we are. Each to their own, as the old saying goes.

Keith

Other things that arent the Glazers style - arranging a fan event, bothering to contact the Times American Football correspondent to publicise the game, and beating Liverpool.

Must correct you there Mark.

Think of it this way.

In October 2004 Pittsburgh beat New England in a regular season game.

In January 2005 it was the Patriots who won against the Steelers and went on to win it all.

Last season the scousers won both league games against United but couldn't prevent United's 11th Premier League title.

Which would a United fan rather have ? Mmmmm - let me think about this one.

Liverpool have fallen so far from their crowing days that their only ambition is to win 2 matches against United. Reminds me of another club...

Agree with the general comments above. Susan, for goodness sakes, since when do you take notice of what fans of other teams say ?

Susan, for goodness sakes, since when do you take notice of what fans of other teams say ?

I give up. We are all individual and I was just voicing an opinion. Obviously I was wrong for that.

I give up. We are all individual and I was just voicing an opinion. Obviously I was wrong for that.

I for one would not have known about what was being said if you had not have posted it here . Thanks for doing that mate :) . I understand that you were only passing the information on and i agree it is bad taste ...its not as if they are just talking crap about the Patriots (we can all let that slide all of the time) but they were actually having a go at Damien etc who put so much work into what should have been a friendly flag football game and some fun for us all before the big game . Shame on them really . I would imagine (though i have not been there to check) that most Bucs fans are probably a bit red faced over it all as im sure they wanted a fun day out too not the Paul Stewart show . ......Dont remember at any stage this weekend Chris(fulham) coming across as the almighty leader ...infact in my opinion he came across all weekend as an ordinary member of UKPatriots . This is what i loved so much about finally meeting everyone from here .

But thanks again Susan....dont be discouraged because one or two people get the wrong end of the stick of why you posted what you did . I thought it was very interesting reading and it has given me a new signature :D

Don't give up Susan ;)

This site is all about opinions and you're fully entitled to yours. I think what some of the guys are trying to put over is that you should let it lie and not let the idiots over at BucPower spoil your memories of a top weekend :)

Bandwagon fans eh :angry: I bet most of the members of BucPower signed up around the time of SB XXXVII :P

But thanks again Susan....dont be discouraged because one or two people get the wrong end of the stick of why you posted what you did . I thought it was very interesting reading and it has given me a new signature :D

If Susan's post was for information's sake only, why should she choose the title 'Such a Shame' ?

(See also 1st reply to 'Wembley, Thanks And Thoughts')

By doing that she expresses (and is perfectly entitled to) a sentiment of unhappiness/dissatisfaction.

Similarly I am perfectly entitled to ask why Susan sees everything as such a shame.

If Susan's post was for information's sake only, why should she choose the title 'Such a Shame' ?

(See also 1st reply to 'Wembley, Thanks And Thoughts')

By doing that she expresses (and is perfectly entitled to) a sentiment of unhappiness/dissatisfaction.

Similarly I am perfectly entitled to ask why Susan sees everything as such a shame.

So information cant be seen as a shame now ?..im not sure i understand why your quoting me ?

Maybe she also got the wrong end of the stick about what you were saying ? Or maybe your post just looks like its scolding a child ?

I didnt have a problem with anyones opinion on this i was mearly trying to make sure Susan does not take so much to heart . When we type on a forum sometimes we write things one way but someone reads them another way .

In my very own scouse accent...

''Everyone just CALM down CALM down!!'' :lol:

Just chillax... Susan your cool don't worry about it :D

I feel that it would be best to close this topic, but, before I do, I'd like to make a few observations.

The topic title and my understanding of it, was a reference to the rabid rantings of a seriously misguided and classless individual, who, I would not urinate on, if he were on fire!

His observations and comments are, I believe, derived from a desire to attract the most attention, as this appears to be his prime motivation in everything he does.

Not to take notice of opinions though, whether accurate or not, is not something I subscribe to but, we have the choice of responding to, or dismissing those opinions and that choice should not be influenced by others.

This forum is all about people expressing opinions, without which, there would be no reason for it to exist!

As far as I'm concerned, this topic is now closed. (unless another Moderator wishes to open it again)