jcuza

International 2010

Does anyone have any idea on anything to do with the international series 2010. The only thing i know is that there are two games and we have already had to register. Does anyone know or have rumours/feelings on what the teams will be, where the games will be held (probably Wembley) and when the will be and why we have had to register without any of this information!

I don't think that their being 2 games is confirmed yet.

Thats even worse, i don't understand why they have asked us to register and provided us with absolutely no information.

Thats even worse, i don't understand why they have asked us to register and provided us with absolutely no information.

Probably to get early numbers and see if they get enough people interested to see if it worth doing 2 games?

Just an idea

That seems like it could backfire though, say they get enough registered to have 2 games then they will need to have match ups of equal stature otherwise one game could sell out and the other not even that full. Just seems stupid to me.

The big rumour at the moment is 49ers Vs Eagles .

It was said on skysports that it was to be the loser of the Eagles..Cowboys game to play the 9ers. Only rumour but apparently a very strong one . One that Halling and Cadle never even tried to gloss over .

The big rumour at the moment is 49ers Vs Eagles .

It was said on skysports that it was to be the loser of the Eagles..Cowboys game to play the 9ers. Only rumour but apparently a very strong one . One that Halling and Cadle never even tried to gloss over .

I would be interested in that game.

Eagles @ 49ers - there's your interconference game and will satisfy Sky's NFC east fettish

The other rumored game is Redskins @ Jaguars NFC vs AFC and another NFC east team.

Eagles @ 49ers would be a move away from the NFC v AFC matchups that they have had for the 1st 3 games

I would not be at all suprised to find that The Jaguars would be here, hosting an NFC team.

At least they'd get about twice as many people watching as they do at the minute for their home games.

49ers vs eagles sounds good, i would probably go to that one out of the two.

Weaver: Jaguars won't lose a home game to London

Posted by Michael David Smith on January 12, 2010 7:15 PM ET

No NFL team has as much trouble selling tickets as the Jaguars, so Jacksonville is always mentioned as a logical choice to be the designated home team for a regular-season game in London. But Jaguars owner Wayne Weaver says that won't happen in 2010.

According to the Associated Press, Weaver says the Jaguars won't move any home dates to England next season.

Weaver says that he's committed to turning around the franchise's fortunes in Jacksonville, and that he wants to see his team "work harder than everybody else" to fill the stadium.

The NFL is reportedly planning two games in the United Kingdom in 2010. One of those games is expected to be hosted by the San Francisco 49ers. It's not known which team will host the other.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...game-to-london/

Thats good then, not really interested in a JAX game

Me neither, who would go to that bar jax fans unless the other team was spectacular!

Me neither, who would go to that bar jax fans unless the other team was spectacular!

If i had the money i would go to any game even if it was Lions Vs Rams . Its proper NFL in the UK we should all support this if we can or sooner or later there will be none again .

I dont mean for people to go when they cant afford it but i have been to all 3 games now and would go this year if i wasnt off to Boston ( i ever tell you guys about that ? :P ) .

I dont mean for people to go when they cant afford it but i have been to all 3 games now and would go this year if i wasnt off to Boston ( i ever tell you guys about that ? :P ) .

i hear tickets are hard to get for games....... :P

What!, no Stumaloo at Wembley in 2010, thats the International Series done for then :o

What!, no Stumaloo at Wembley in 2010, thats the International Series done for then :o

lol

Its a maybe but only that so far...and with two games id definatly only be able to afford one maximum .

If i lived in London id go to both to be fair . Before i get to the game it costs me £200 and thats without eating :( . I estimate a London weekend can cost me around £500 :(

Think the series will survive though..lol :D

What you say about the NFL is true though i would go to it because it is NFL in the UK but this year we have an option. I just don't see how they are gonna do it apart from getting two similar clashes but then everyone would complain!

Broncos confirm they will play in London

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on January 15, 2010 1:12 PM ET

Kyle Orton fans from across the pond are in for a treat.

The Broncos announced Friday they will travel to England to play the 49ers on Halloween. San Francisco will lose a home game, which has long been expected. CBS will cover the 1PM ET game.

There will be two games in England next year, and the other matchup is uncertain.

"Playing in London in front of so many passionate and new football fans is a privilege and will be a great experience for our team," coach Josh McDaniels said.

Another privilege is that Denver essentially gets to play one fewer road game than the rest of the AFC West.

The Eagles were previously rumored to be a candidate to face the 49ers. It's unclear what teams will be in the second game. Jaguars owner Wayne Weaver says his team will not give up a home game, despite speculation to the contrary.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...play-in-london/

Very weird phone call with Kirkwood .

2nd game is not a given i took from it...after he told everyone on skysports that it was...what a climbdown....expected though after the shambles that NFLUK has been this season . Good teams though i think if i could make it.

Very weird phone call with Kirkwood .

2nd game is not a given i took from it...after he told everyone on skysports that it was...what a climbdown....expected though after the shambles that NFLUK has been this season . Good teams though i think if i could make it.

The NFL is continuing to explore the possibility of playing a second game in the UK in 2010.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8...mp;confirm=true

I'm just speculating, but perhaps one of the teams playing in the second game in the UK in 2010 is still in the playoffs? Perhaps they don't want the International 2010 game to be a distraction?

Its explore the possibility that gets me. Kirkwood was live on skysports a few weeks ago to give the big breaking announcement that there would be a 2nd game . For that to be now a possibility is very worrying.

Like the teams, would definitely like to see Patrick Willis in action, will be applying for tickets!

Two teams from the golden era of American football in the UK. It's too bad we won't be watching John Elway vs. Joe Montana! Kyle Orton vs. Alex Smith is not as appealing!

Its explore the possibility that gets me. Kirkwood was live on skysports a few weeks ago to give the big breaking announcement that there would be a 2nd game . For that to be now a possibility is very worrying.

"We hope to have a second game this season and expect to know within a fortnight," NFL UK confirmed.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_spor...all/8462079.stm

Guest Ex-Patriot
Broncos @ 49ers

Breaking news on sky!

Hmm. <_<

What's gonna happen with MNF, Kirkwood? What about the red button on Sky? Or extending live coverage on other UK TV channels?

Suits me, plenty of ex Pats at Denver and if I can get onto the sideline again the privilege of being anywhere near Mike Singletary. Plus you never know who you might meet in the pub afterwards.

Roadtrip permitting I would be up for going to this one, I like the teams and think this could be a much tighter game than last year.

Donkeys/Niners... -_- -The NFL are gonna look like a fool with their pants on the ground.... :P

Roll on 20-&-whatever-year-the-Pats-return.... ;)

Providing its not on the same week as the Road Trip, i shall be going, can see this being a great game.

Denver v SF on Halloween. That's not for me. The Sunday between Halloween and Bonfire night is traditionally a Firework/Costume party in the Seagull nest, so I won't trekking to London that day. I'm also very surprised they've picked the Sunday at the end of half term, before back to school day. That's might cost them a few child places.

I'm also very surprised they've picked the Sunday at the end of half term, before back to school day. That's might cost them a few child places.

They have aligned it again with the end of daylight savings time, Ade - clocks go back that weekend in the UK but not until the next weekend in the US - so it reduces the time difference by an hour. This is what they have done in previous years.

Not a game for us either.

As long as it doesn't coincide with this years roadtrip, I'd probably probably try and get a ticket.

Be good for a little meet up with a few others from the forum as well.

According to 5 live the NFL have said there will be no second game in 2010, along the lines of "not willing to make the investment with the uncertainty over economics climate and lack of a new CBA".

Guest Ex-Patriot
According to 5 live the NFL have said there will be no second game in 2010, along the lines of "not willing to make the investment with the uncertainty over economics climate and lack of a new CBA".

Big Kev confirms.

Anyone here going to 49'ers/Bronco's?

Guest ruth spinney

Ive "registered my interest" - think i will be a temp 49ers fan that day. After I couldn't shut up about Wembley (mostly the close up views of Wes actually - thanks for letting me borrow those binoculars guys!) I think I may have converted a few others to at least try watching it

Guest Ex-Patriot

Gonna wait 'til our schedule comes out, but if we're SNF, MNF or bye that w/end, I'd like to go along again.

Depending on RT, I'll be working there. Should have been working at last game but there was no way I wasn't going to watch the game with the UKPatriots :)

Depending on RT, I'll be working there. Should have been working at last game but there was no way I wasn't going to watch the game with the UKPatriots :)

Obviously a man with connections :D I'll have a word at Bodeans ;)

I will be going to this one- afetr all NFL is NFL at the end of the day- people have the cheek to complain about the teams when they only get 8 home games a year we are so fortunate and they both finished with equal records so it should be a good matchup. I just hope i get tickets now as i have booked by hotel. To young for a roadtrip

I'll be there, if it doesn't clash with the Road Trip. Subject to getting tickets, I would like to attend both events.