Glasgow_Patriot

Has It Really Been A Year...

This time last year we were all, or most of us, in the Sports Cafe being entertained Patriots style charged up for a very unique Patriots match, really incredible to think that it was a year ago this weekend.

This time last year we were all, or most of us, in the Sports Cafe being entertained Patriots style charged up for a very unique Patriots match, really incredible to think that it was a year ago this weekend.

Really frightening how fast time goes by.

The older you get, the quicker it seems to go too

Nice post Glasgow. And this time next week, many of us will be in MA, getting ready for another trip to Foxboro. For me, it will be my 10th Pats game, since my first in Arizona six years ago. Proud to be a Pats fan, proud to be a road tripper, proud to be a UKPatriot.

Guest Ex-Patriot

Happy and, as the below clip proves, unique memories. :)

It was a great weekend, first time for me meeting you all, first time ever playing any form of football, and first time seeing the Pats play!

I hope my 2nd meet will be to watch the Pats storm to victory in February :)

One of the greatest weekends of my life that was.

Reckon next weekend should be even better though :D

One of the greatest weekends of my life that was.

Reckon next weekend should be even better though :D

Woot!!!!

Yeah, that was a helluva party; worth flying 3K miles to attend.

Nice post Glasgow. And this time next week, many of us will be in MA, getting ready for another trip to Foxboro. For me, it will be my 10th Pats game, since my first in Arizona six years ago. Proud to be a Pats fan, proud to be a road tripper, proud to be a UKPatriot.

*sticks fingers down throat* :lol:

*sticks fingers down throat* :lol:

Yeah; well I maybe didn't feel quite that way facing a three hour drive back to Chicago after the Pats@Colts game last year.

But I do think we have something special here. I doubt there are any NFL fans in the UK, and precious few Pats fans anywhere, who have quite as much fun as this little band.

And if you'd told me 6 years ago that I'd be hitting my 10th road trip quite this quickly, I'd have been amazed. The 10 best weekends of the last 300? No doubt.

Last year was tremendous. For me, it was only my 2nd Pats game but glad to say my record is 2-0. Loved the weekend, got to meet some great guys from here as well as my buddies from the Netherlands who'd flown over. Can't believe it's a year already.

Will I cheer as loud on Sunday as last year? No chance? Will I enjoy the game? That's debatable. Will I enjoy the experience and the day of going to an NFL match? Yes, and in other news, the Pope has revealed he is still Catholic. I will enjoy it in the way TBX Snr has enjoyed the experiences of Jacksonville and Chicago in recent weeks (as documented in another thread)

i remember that i was in something of a state on the way to wembley (and from about 12hours beforehand)

You were fine on the way to the stadium Chelseafan.

Just set up a mail client on my Mac and I've been tredging through old emails. The majority of the second half of 2009 relating to the Wembley Weekend.

Really brought back some great, and not so great, memories of a fantastic weekend.

Must have missed GlasgowPat's post first time around. Still can't believe it's been over a year, and it's actually a year this weekend that a few of us made it to the 2009 RoadTrip and the legendary Balzac was invented.

Great to see lots of new Patriots fans/UKPatriots members who joined since the London weekend still active on the site and participating in UKPatriots activities like the Road Trip and the SB party.

We are so very lucky to have forged such strong relationships with the Patriots organisation for them to say yes to every request we made of them.

Still think we could have had an even better party if they let us have 100% control, but hey it was a blast.