Sign in to follow this  
Swindon Patriot

Uk Patriots Superbowl Xlvi Party

We have been upgraded from Maybe to Definite - going to Bruges for a few nights beforehand and will stop in That London on the way back. Would prefer SBG as we have not been that crazy about Bodeans Soho in the past but are happy to fit in. Only 133 days to go....

We have been upgraded from Maybe to Definite - going to Bruges for a few nights beforehand and will stop in That London on the way back. Would prefer SBG as we have not been that crazy about Bodeans Soho in the past but are happy to fit in. Only 133 days to go....

Great news :)

Guest dave45

Hello

I haven't been on this site much lately (mainly due to being very busy at work), but if you have spaces left then I would be interested in attending

Hi - I've just joined the site today but YES I will definitely join this party (and bring along a +1) - I'm so happy to find a crew in London that my *passionate* patriots dedication and enthusiastic game-watching support will not offend!!!

Let's make sure we all meet up early enough for a game of flag footie thie year (weather depending).

It's dark around 4, so I'm thinking 1:30 ish? Either Regent's or Hyde Park?

Damo - Something for you to organise ;)

Let's make sure we all meet up early enough for a game of flag footie thie year (weather depending).

It's dark around 4, so I'm thinking 1:30 ish? Either Regent's or Hyde Park?

I'd be interested in a game.

Mark - will you be running the squares/boxes and prediction board games this year?

they seemed to go over pretty well last time out

Mark - will you be running the squares/boxes and prediction board games this year?

they seemed to go over pretty well last time out

I'm hoping to Chris, I've still got last years sheets at home to remind me how to draw it up.

Bodeans is taking booking already. They normally leave this until after Christmas.

Mark - how many are we? Would be great if we are big enough to commandeer the whole top floor (40+).

Currently at 40 including possible, provisionals & maybe's as per 1st post of this thread.

The only problem with Bodeans is they have always wanted the money in full at the time of making the booking, therefore, people would have to get their fingers out and pay up pronto, I can't see them being prepared to hold 40+ spaces without payment.

I was going to hold off until after the Scottish Cup draw this year before I made a final decision. Don't want a repeat of last year. But I suppose it's highly unlikely for lightning to strike twice so I will tale the gamble. When money is due to be paid, I will pay it.

However, I aint really sure about Bodeans unless we are getting that floor to ourselves. I don't want to be mixing with the filthy commoners. There was actual Jets fans at the SB&G last year. If it wasn't for those walls separating us, it could have gotten ugly. It's bad enough I had to share a toilet with them. <_<

Edited by aldopatriot

I'd prefer the SB&G providing we can get that room to ourselves again.

I could put up the £25 once I'm paid on Wednesday if needed.

I have the money available for whenever, money for travel/hotel room is a different matter however

Yep, we've been burnt by that before with no shows. So who's prepared to put up £25 now?

Money available whenever. SB&G Marylebone preferred due to the location, 'own room' and better TV screens....

Amazed to see so many express a preference for the SB&G. I think it's a pretty soul-less place tbh. Although the service is excellent, the food and beer were poor.

We totally DOMINATE Bodeans when we're in there. Perhaps I should re-load some photos to remind people of the good times we've had in there. Did we even sing a song in the SB&G last year?

I know some people have only experienced the Bodeans basement, and I can imagine that isn't so great, but upstairs is the home of UKP parties, and kept us coming back for more every year. It's OUR place. If any other fans walk in, they soon learn whose turf they are on.

"Own room"? Pah! Let's show everyone who has the greatest fans on this side of the water, and not hide away in our own little private corner like some snooty Bucs fans.

Nice one........ Ade...... Bodeans is the place for me........ monies available.... thanks....

Guest dave45

If its come down to preferences, Bodeans for me as well. (upstairs if possible, if not then downstairs)

Amazed to see so many express a preference for the SB&G. I think it's a pretty soul-less place tbh. Although the service is excellent, the food and beer were poor.

We totally DOMINATE Bodeans when we're in there. Perhaps I should re-load some photos to remind people of the good times we've had in there. Did we even sing a song in the SB&G last year?

I know some people have only experienced the Bodeans basement, and I can imagine that isn't so great, but upstairs is the home of UKP parties, and kept us coming back for more every year. It's OUR place. If any other fans walk in, they soon learn whose turf they are on.

"Own room"? Pah! Let's show everyone who has the greatest fans on this side of the water, and not hide away in our own little private corner like some snooty Bucs fans.

Fair enough. And it's just a preference on our part. (Plus Bodeans didn't want to know us last year if I remember correctly...)

We've always enjoyed our UK Pats SB nights and will go with the majority - either Bodeans or SB&G - it doesn't really matter at the end of the day as long as the annual UK Pats SB meet up takes place...!!...

Quick question. Where is Bodeans? I have typed it into Google Maps and there's about 5 of them. How far away is it from Euston Station? Because I will have to walk to Euston Station right after the game to catch the early train. Assuming the tube will be closed at that time of night I would assume that I would have to walk so how convenient is it? It was quite the trek from the SB&G last year but it was easy because it was basically a straight line. Just had to stay on the same road and I would eventually get there.

- it doesn't really matter at the end of the day as long as the annual UK Pats SB meet up takes place...!!...

It was last week in Massachusetts .. Where were you ? :D

Quick question. Where is Bodeans

Bodean's Soho

10 Poland Street

London, W1F 8PZ

Nearest tubes :

Oxford St. 3 mins walk,

Picadilly 4 mins.

Tott Crt Road 5 mins

Slightly shorter walk to/from Euston, but you will have to turn a few corners.

Bodean's Soho

10 Poland Street

London, W1F 8PZ

Nearest tubes :

Oxford St. 3 mins walk,

Picadilly 4 mins.

Tott Crt Road 5 mins

Slightly shorter walk to/from Euston, but you will have to turn a few corners.

Ah. Cheers for that. No doubt I will get myself lost but it doesn't seem very far.

Having the ability to mix with other fans and joining in the banter definitely sounds more appealing to me than us tucked away out of sight!

It was last week in Massachusetts .. Where were you ? :D

:D Sadly at home wishing I was with you guys at the game. One day I'll get enough money and get on a road trip.... :( But at the moment the annual London SB party and the NFL London games are as far as my funds can get me.

Edited by Patsfanuk

Guest dave45

Ah. Cheers for that. No doubt I will get myself lost but it doesn't seem very far.

Aldo, It might be worth checking out the night bus situation for getting you from Bodeans to Euston. Try the tfl web site http://www.tfl.gov.uk

Would prefer Sports Bar and Grill due to location right next to travellodge.

Nice one........ Ade...... Bodeans is the place for me........ monies available.... thanks....

I take it by this post, that you'd like to be added to the list of attendees Les

Which I'd do, but I no longer seem to be able to access the edit function on the 1st post. Mods ???

Edited by Swindon Patriot

Sorry yes please put me on the list........ thanks

Which I'd do, but I no longer seem to be able to access the edit function on the 1st post. Mods ???

I'll change the setting later (from my proper computer). I think the edit lock is because of the age of the post.

I never went to a Bodeans SB party but went to the meal prior to the Wembley game in '09 and loved the food. If we could get the top floor then I would certainly be game.

I was very happy with the service and the room we had at the SB&G and the views we had of the TVs....I will contest that the food wasn't as good as Bodeans, but wasn't terrible either. The SB&G has convenience too with the travelodge right over the road.

Personally, unless we were able to get that floor to ourselves in Bodeans and the same views as the SB&G, I'd rather stick with last year's venue due to overall convenience.

If, as Ade says, by getting there early we can pretty much vacate that floor anyway, then I would just go for Bodeans.

I'm persuaded by my ski buddy Ade to vote for Bodeans. Do I get 2 votes - Pam and me ?

Andy probably won't be able to make it - he'll be returning from his luv trip to Mexico....

I never went to a Bodeans SB party but went to the meal prior to the Wembley game in '09 and loved the food. If we could get the top floor then I would certainly be game.

I was very happy with the service and the room we had at the SB&G and the views we had of the TVs....I will contest that the food wasn't as good as Bodeans, but wasn't terrible either. The SB&G has convenience too with the travelodge right over the road.

Personally, unless we were able to get that floor to ourselves in Bodeans and the same views as the SB&G, I'd rather stick with last year's venue due to overall convenience.

If, as Ade says, by getting there early we can pretty much vacate that floor anyway, then I would just go for Bodeans.

How would you remember? you were alseep most of the game :)

Again Mark I can send the money whenever

Bodeans is available. I'll PM everyone. We need to make a decision soon.

Anybody not on the list on the first page of this thread who wants to go, please RSVP here.

Money collection will start as soon as we make a decision.

It will probably come down to ..

Bodeans = Good food, Great atmoshpere

SB&G = Great Location, Friendly staff