Sign in to follow this  
Swindon Patriot

Uk Patriots Superbowl Xlvi Party

Can everyone who is listed in the 1st post as "interested in attending" please look out for an email sent to the email address that you used to register on the site, it needs your prompt attention please.

Some of the posts in here have been hilarious! (Jamie, Ade)

Sorry about the absence, on the rig and don't get to wander from Facebook, BBC Sport and ESPN too often. Got Marks email today so thought Id come on and see what was going on!

Has to be Bodeans again for me depending on how my work schedule works out. I figure to be off though. I'm happy to see the number of votes for Bodeans this year, though I do dislike the votes for SB&G given its location to a Travelodge...you lazy people! :P Id happily walk 10 mins or take a 20 minute bus (with banter and extension of the night included) to get to my accommodation for better food and beer, and a better priced beer at that. That place is a joke, I know its London and all, but £15-20 bucket of Coors/Sams is better than a £3.80 pint of crap. Just my opinion though!

If we were at SB&G in 09, the battle of Piccadilly would never have taken place!

Good shout. I'll keep this handy.

The game finishes so late it shouldn't be long - if it all - until the tubes start up again in the morning..

The game finishes so late it shouldn't be long - if it all - until the tubes start up again in the morning..

First trains are typically between 5-6, so it'd be a couple of hours.

I forgot the Super Bowl starts a couple of hours earlier than Sunday/Monday night games so yeah, night buses. Easy peasy in central London.

If it works out and I end up getting it off after all (I go into the base tomorrow to sort out my schedule), can I put a +1 on the reserve list. Cheers. Ill let you know the outcome of that visit.

As Jay says, pay up please, so that we can secure the seats we need at Bodeans.

Mark - please subtract my payment from the deposit already paid.

Like Jay says, I'm after a few of you. You know who you are, reminder emails have gone out.

Will do SS.

Be afraid. Be very afraid......

me too Danny :( :(

Sucks mate, Ive been shafted by work, so Ill be on the rig for New Year, the Superbowl, my birthday, and the time I wanted to visit my girlfriend (the only week she has off in the entire semester).

Was meant to be off until the 6th January, but I said I would work New Year as a favour to the other guy as long as I come off on a certain date, but he got the date he wanted (despite me doing the favour in the first place) and after I questioned it and it was agreed it should all fall into place in my favour, our co-ordinator emailed today with the schedule. Which somehow works for him and not for me, wondering why I did this in the first place. Some people can be just too nice sometimes!

Edited by d_loughran292

Are you one of the ones who confirmed previously? Deposits have been paid.

Yes I asked Mark if he could sort my deposit out while I found out whether or not I was able to attend. I said I would pay the deposit as soon as I got off the rig regardless of whether or not I could would be able to attend, schedule pending.

I emailed him yesterday but he said not to send him any money as there was people on the reserve list still. I don't mind either way. Just gutted I can't go. You all must be over the moon! Haha

Yes I asked Mark if he could sort my deposit out while I found out whether or not I was able to attend. I said I would pay the deposit as soon as I got off the rig regardless of whether or not I could would be able to attend, schedule pending.

I emailed him yesterday but he said not to send him any money as there was people on the reserve list still. I don't mind either way. Just gutted I can't go. You all must be over the moon! Haha

It's a travesty you can't make it. Absolutely gutted for you mate.

not really. Who else are we going to make fun of ?

Oh i've an idea ^_^

You all act like you've never heard the word travesty before. Does your vocabulary not stretch further than disgrace/farce.

Well I guess I better get cracking on this before the prices start going up. The cheapest train ticket I can now get is 20 quid there and 20 quid back. And that's the cheap seats. And it has to be Saturday for me again because the cheapest ticket for Sunday is around 50 quid to get down there. That's nothing short of outrageous. So Saturday it is. I don't suppose anyone will be there on Saturday?

And then I will need Accommodation. It appears that the going rate at the Travelodge is between 60 and 70 quid for a Saturday. :huh: Anyway. Anybody know anywhere cheaper?

Well I guess I better get cracking on this before the prices start going up. The cheapest train ticket I can now get is 20 quid there and 20 quid back. And that's the cheap seats. And it has to be Saturday for me again because the cheapest ticket for Sunday is around 50 quid to get down there. That's nothing short of outrageous. So Saturday it is. I don't suppose anyone will be there on Saturday?

And then I will need Accommodation. It appears that the going rate at the Travelodge is between 60 and 70 quid for a Saturday. :huh: Anyway. Anybody know anywhere cheaper?

I've heard Warren does B&B in Royal Hertfordshire ;)

The £60-70 kind of negates the saving from paying the extra £30 for travelling down on the Saturday. Definitely something to think about... haha. Unless you can get something for £15 for Sat night, which would only be a £15 saving, its not really worth it.

I know its a matter of principle but if you're not making any decent saving, your basically paying the extra £30 for saving your own time. Unless you find something to do in London on the Saturday that is.

National Express have a £14.50 fare available for that day, though it does take 9 hours...

National Express have a £14.50 fare available for that day, though it does take 9 hours...

I hate trains and avoid them as much as possible so I've always gone national express if I've had to travel long distance on public transport. If it works out cheaper for you then you're welcome to do the same thing as last year and stay with me then travel up on Sunday from Kent....booking tickets in advance from london Victoria to here would be beneficial and a lot cheaper!

Oh i've an idea ^_^

Should I be rethinking my place? :P

The £60-70 kind of negates the saving from paying the extra £30 for travelling down on the Saturday. Definitely something to think about... haha. Unless you can get something for £15 for Sat night, which would only be a £15 saving, its not really worth it.

I know its a matter of principle but if you're not making any decent saving, your basically paying the extra £30 for saving your own time. Unless you find something to do in London on the Saturday that is.

Danny. Believe me, I have checked out all the options. I even considered flying down on the Sunday, but then there is all the hassle and extra cost of getting a train from the airport in to London. Not worth it. And getting a train down on Sunday isn't an option because of what time it will be by the time I get there. Not really worth the trip. Would be as well staying in the house with the amount of time I will be spending in London.

Good shout. I always tend to take trains because they are quicker and more reliable. But a coach will be cheaper and a lot more comfortable. And also, it makes the time for the return trip much more accessible for me because the prices are all right. Meaning I could stay another day and get some sleep at the Travelodge. So what if it takes a little longer? It might just be worth it. Certainly worth looking into. Don't know why I didn't do this in the first place. <_<

I hate trains and avoid them as much as possible so I've always gone national express if I've had to travel long distance on public transport. If it works out cheaper for you then you're welcome to do the same thing as last year and stay with me then travel up on Sunday from Kent....booking tickets in advance from London Victoria to here would be beneficial and a lot cheaper!

Cheers for the offer Damo. I didn't want to burden you again this year. But if the offer is there. I appreciate it. I'll look into some more prices for accommodation and I'll PM you in the next few days.

Edited by aldopatriot

Cheers for the offer Damo. I didn't want to burden you again this year. But if the offer is there. I appreciate it. I'll look into some more prices for accommodation and I'll PM you in the next few days.

No worries dude...I have my own place now so it really isn't much of a burden at all!

Just booked in at the Covent Garden Travelodge. The price is still £19.50!

We are in Marylebone too. Where are you planning to park?

if you stay overnight congestion charge will cost you so may be worth parking north and tube down

if you stay overnight congestion charge will cost you so may be worth parking north and tube down

Marylebone's not in congestion charge zone is it?

Be tough parking anyway. I'd train it and get tube across from Euston :)

we are stopping off on the way back from Bruges so we will have the car with us.

This is turning into a very economically viable trip for me. My transport there and back and my accommodation is coming in at under 50 quid. I reckon I might just be able to make this trip for under a £100. And if a particular wager I placed in September comes to fruition then I could end up making a profit out of this whole thing. :D

you are correct its on the edge by bakers street but will be tough to park overnight unless you leave very early. anyway westminster are bring in weekend parking charges on all yellow lines

we are stopping off on the way back from Bruges so we will have the car with us.

Show offs :)

There are car parks by Marylebone but they'll cost you an arm and a leg I'd imagine.

Probably worth trying parkopedia

There are car parks by Marylebone but they'll cost you an arm and a leg I'd imagine.

Probably worth trying parkopedia

i can tell you a few place in NW london where you can park for free and is close to the tube and will be easy to get onto the M1 if you are going home

No congestion charge a major factor. Knew about Westminster charging at weekends, but assume it will still be free overnight? If parking on street, will still need to set the alarm to pay for Monday morning parking.

I say 'car'. What I actually mean is transportation for a hell of a lot of Belgian beer. We are looking into the private parking space scheme at the moment, as the bounty needs to be in a safe place :-)

I say 'car'. What I actually mean is transportation for a hell of a lot of Belgian beer. We are looking into the private parking space scheme at the moment, as the bounty needs to be in a safe place :-)

Ooh; we may both have cars in the vicinity, and one will have been to Belgium. Could well be an order for a crate of Westmalle Tripel coming up.

I'm kind of kicking myself after receiving todays email saying that Travelodge Covent Garden hotel for the Sunday was priced at £12 but me being super efficient paid £32 straight after I paid my £25 ticket also paying under a tenner for rail tickets is a bonus.

I'm kind of kicking myself after receiving todays email saying that Travelodge Covent Garden hotel for the Sunday was priced at £12 but me being super efficient paid £32 straight after I paid my £25 ticket also paying under a tenner for rail tickets is a bonus.

You're not alone in kicking yourself, I did the same earlier this month, I just hope a few others managed to get some cheap rooms though.