Sign in to follow this  
Swindon Patriot

Uk Patriots Superbowl Xlvi Party

Westminster have postponed bringing in the new charges until after the Olympics so parking should generally be free up until about 8am on the Monday, depending on the specifics for the street.

Booked travelodge at waterloo... need to get back south for work Monday afternoon....

I say 'car'. What I actually mean is transportation for a hell of a lot of Belgian beer. We are looking into the private parking space scheme at the moment, as the bounty needs to be in a safe place :-)

Myself & Jaco will look after it in our room.

We're both very trustworthy :)

Well done and thanks to everyone for getting paid up in advance. And especially to Mark for getting the list and the £££ together.

Will be settling the remainder of the bill with Bodeans next week. We have 38 of the 43 available upstairs seats so pity the 5 poor sods who'll be sharing the top floor with us that Bodeans wouldn't move to accommodate extra places for us.

If you're not on the list of 38, there is still plenty of room downstairs. Just call Bodeans and book yourself in separately!

So it's arrive at Bodeans any time after 10.

Pre-match : Wings & Nachos

Half-time : BBQ Chicken, Ribs, Pulled Pork, beans & coleslaw

If you make your own way there before me, the booking ref is #SB004. Either give the name UKPatriots, or my name (Adrian Gunter). I'm not sure if they are issuing tickets this year (seems to change every year).

Anyone who wants a pre-Bodeans pint, it would be remiss not to mention the Porcupine on Charing Cross Road, if for no other reason than old times sake. It's a handy meeting place that many will know, but if the discerning drinkers prefer, there are alternatives. What did folks think of the Clachan last year (just off Carnaby St.)? It's only a couple of minutes easy stroll from Bodeans.

I've only just realised that the Covent Garden Travelodge is actually on Drury Lane - the wrong side of Covent Garden for us, and about a 10 minute walk. This does open up other pub possibilities if people want to meet near the hotel there instead. The White Hart is quite cute. We could do both. White Hart at 8 then onto the Porcupine at 9? Maybe even take in the Clachan too.

Traveldoge people note - The best tube stop for you is Holborn, not Covent Garden.

Damien - Good to see you on the list. How do you fancy putting your flag football organisational skills to the fore again, and get something going for earlier in the day if the weather's OK? Maybe Green Park around 1-2?

Damien - Good to see you on the list. How do you fancy putting your flag football organisational skills to the fore again, and get something going for earlier in the day if the weather's OK? Maybe Green Park around 1-2?

Shouldn't be a problem :) Leave it with me and I'll find a venue and see if I can get hold of some flags...finding a football obviously won't be an issue :P

So it's arrive at Boderans any time after 10.

Pre-match : Wings & Nachos

Half-time : BBQ Chicken, Ribs, Pulled Pork, beans & coleslaw

If you make your own way there before me, the booking ref is #SB004. Either give the name UKPatriots, or my name (Adrian Gunter). I'm not sure if they are issuing tickets this year (seems to change every year).

Anyone who wants a pre-Bodeans pint, it would be remiss not to mention the Porcupine on Charing Cross Road, if for no other reason than old times sake. It's a handy meeting place that many will know, but if the discerning drinkers prefer, there are alternatives. What did folks think of the Clachan last year (just off Carnaby St.)? It's only a couple of minutes easy stroll from Bodeans.

I've only just realised that the Covent Garden Travelodge is actually on Drury Lane - the wrong side of Covent Garden for us, and about a 10 minute walk. This does open up other pub possibilities if people want to meet near the hotel there instead. The White Hart is quite cute. We could do both. White Hart at 8 then onto the Porcupine at 9? Maybe even take in the Clachan too.

Traveldoge people note - The best tube stop for you is Holborn, not Covent Garden.

Good work gents.

Porcupine gets my vote for 'old times sake' - plus we know where it is...!!...

The Porcupine's pretty good (normally Landlord ) but I like the idea of a pub crawl :)

Usual thanks for the organisation of this. 38 is a great turn out, should be fun. Do we know if Bodeans will go for the squares and predictions charts?

Pre Bodeans drinks anywhere is good, be it one place or many. :)

Do we know if Bodeans will go for the squares and predictions charts?

Might be limited for space, epsecially when the food is served. Isn't there a phone app for it yet :) ?

Guest dave45

make sure they supply a pillow as some of our younger fans normally fall asleep during the game

And some of us older ones as well :(

Who's in which Travelodge? The Laz's and myself are in Marylebone - anyone else?

Prefer the Old Coffee House on Beak St to The Clachan. Nellie Deans is also pretty close to Bodeans; probably best pub in Soho. Although not exactly a real ale haven, I've a soft spot for De Hems, the Dutch pub on Macclesfield Street.

A lot of pubs in the West End have a ban on "Football Colours", which may randomly extend to other codes.

Prefer the Old Coffee House on Beak St to The Clachan.

Was in there just before Christmas. Often spend time in there during cricket season as they screen all the test matches.

De Hems is superb, but I'm not sure about it as a meeting spot for us - unusual fruity beers, most very strong, and quite pricey. Not best before a full night.

Actually, for cheaper beer, the Green Man is a decent place. Not my favourit pub, but a good place for a get-together. About 60 seconds ramble from Bodeans.

Myself and Andy are in the Traveldoge Covent Garden, not Marylebone.

Like the idea of a flag throw around in the afternoon. I will probably be getting into Paddington at 12.30ish so straight to flag venue from there.

Damien, I've still got a ball from last year which I've been carefully caring for in my home office, I'll bring that along for you.

I'm at the Travelodge in Covent Garden along with Alex (Rat Noir) and also I believe Grecian and Simon89 are there too.

Who's in which Travelodge? The Laz's and myself are in Marylebone - anyone else?

Tony and myself are in the Marylebone Travelodge as well.

Damien and I are in the Covent Garden Travelodge. I'll leave it to him to determine how and when we get there. For those staying in the Marleybone there was a nice little pub round the corner from the SB&G that a few of us went to last year. Don't know the name of it.

De Hems is superb, but I'm not sure about it as a meeting spot for us - unusual fruity beers, most very strong, and quite pricey. Not best before a full night.

A pretty decent selection of Belgian bottles too. But not somewhere you want to get stuck with a big round, I'd agree.

We have 38 of the 43 available upstairs seats so pity the 5 poor sods who'll be sharing the top floor with us that Bodeans wouldn't move to accommodate extra places for us.

...who are either going to have the best, or worst, night of their lives. I can't imagine I'd be too happy if I'd booked for a small group not realising that the rest of that floor was going to be taken by a single party. I hope that we're nice to them - even if they're Jets fans.

I'm in Covent Garden, although depending on how I feel I might just catch the night bus home!

Stumbling across this thread makes me just want to curl up and cry myself to sleep.

:(

Though everytime I have been to Bodeans/SB&G, the Patriots have been awful in the playoffs. Though saying that, the time I didn't go, we apparently lost a big game. I don't remember much of that though. Try to forget.

For those staying in the Marleybone there was a nice little pub round the corner from the SB&G that a few of us went to last year. Don't know the name of it.

Could have been the Alsop Arms? http://gkpubs.co.uk/pubs-in-london/allsop-arms-pub/ We had a couple of beers and some food in there last year.

Could have been the Alsop Arms? http://gkpubs.co.uk/...llsop-arms-pub/ We had a couple of beers and some food in there last year.

Yep it was there :) Pretty expensive mind (but then i'm used to Devon prices so it's expensive up there :lol: )

Like the idea of a flag throw around in the afternoon. I will probably be getting into Paddington at 12.30ish so straight to flag venue from there.

Damien, I've still got a ball from last year which I've been carefully caring for in my home office, I'll bring that along for you.

I'm at the Travelodge in Covent Garden along with Alex (Rat Noir) and also I believe Grecian and Simon89 are there too.

I'm at Covent Garden too.

Could have been the Alsop Arms? http://gkpubs.co.uk/...llsop-arms-pub/ We had a couple of beers and some food in there last year.

Honestly you could take me there and I still wouldn't know if it was the right until I got inside and recognised the layout. But Andy was there and he confirmed it so yes that must be it. :)

Honestly you could take me there and I still wouldn't know if it was the right until I got inside and recognised the layout. But Andy was there and he confirmed it so yes that must be it. :)

Yes, it was the Alsop Arms :) Great little pub and, if I remember correctly, the cost of a pint of fosters was pretty cheap for London!

Anyone going to be in London on Saturday afternoon and fancies meeting up in a pub somewhere to watch the Scotland v England rugby game (5pm)?

Anyone going to be in London on Saturday afternoon and fancies meeting up in a pub somewhere to watch the Scotland v England rugby game (5pm)?

Hi Simon

I will be in London Saturday afternoon. Not sure yet on my movements but could well be around for the game.

If there's a gathering, I may well join it. Otherwise, I'll be at St Albans RFC.... My liver's going to take a heck of a pounding that weekend.

I'll be at the Marylebone too

Just a quick post in advance. Saying thanks to everyone who have put there own time in to organise this event which i'm sure will be great like the last two. And who knows theirs even a chance that New England themselves will be attending this year :).

See you all in a couple of weeks

Just read secret seagulls post (#160) and I really can't wait to experience my first Super Bowl party now. Having looked through previous SB parties in the gallery section I know its going to be good evening even though I'm a super shy person.

Just read secret seagulls post (#160) and I really can't wait to experience my first Super Bowl party now. Having looked through previous SB parties in the gallery section I know its going to be good evening even though I'm a super shy person.

Pretty much exactly what I was going to put lol.

I finally got round to booking my train tickets this morning, £20 return from Tamworth to London Euston. Just can't wait now :D

Pretty much exactly what I was going to put lol.

I finally got round to booking my train tickets this morning, £20 return from Tamworth to London Euston. Just can't wait now :D

Don't worry guys, you'll be made more than welcome, none of us bite, honest :D

Don't worry guys, you'll be made more than welcome, none of bite, honest :D

Unless he remembers to put his teeth in of course :P

Unless he remembers to put his teeth in of course :P

:lol:

He's right though, was my first trip last year (though I had met a few of the group at the Bucs game) and was made to feel very welcome, very enjoyable night.

To everyone - have fun at whichever venue you choose to watch the game. One fact is very clear - everyone of you will be warmer that Ben and I will be, although I would suppose that most of you wouldn't mind freezing your asses off given the opportunity. :D The forecast for Gillette Stadium today is 30F feeling like 20F (that's 6C feeling like -1C).