Sign in to follow this  
Swindon Patriot

Uk Patriots Superbowl Xlvi Party

Great seeing you all again also...sorry I shot off early this morning and couldn't enjoy breakfast with some...I had a call from my Dad who needed some help with something so went back on the first train...then managed to sleep through until just an hour or so ago! So tired!

Disappointed with Bodeans...and don't think I'm going to spend that money there again. If I was an individual attending outside of the group, I would be demanding some money back. 'Pre Game Snack' came half way through the first quarter and the 'half time meal' half way through the 3rd, to the point where I didn't eat anything because I wanna turn around and watch the game.

Oh...and you had to pay EXTRA for chips? That's as cheap as society gets. You expect chips with a meal when you pay as much as you do.

Shocking service.

Good to see everyone and looking forward to October! Flag footy was great fun (more so than the actual football :( )

I was a little skeptical about playing flag football in the snow, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Even more so than against the Bucs UK fan base. Glad I went.

Really enjoyed the food at Bodean's. I couldn't eat any more if I tried.

Thank you to everyone who put these fantastic events together.

Compared with previous Bodeans experiences, the food was poor - not the authentic barbeque you once got there - and as others said, served during play, which was pathetic. The old style buffet worked better than table service. And was it an extra fiver for chips?

On the bright side, it's a good room, the TV's are much better than they used to be, a nice selecton of beers - not just Sam's, but Sierra Pale and Porter (cheaper than a Pepsi at the SB&G). As always, it was the people that made the night.

A great night capped off by a nightmare result. Cool to meet everyone there, thoroughly enjoyed your company! Go Pats!

£25 a head you should expect chips with your meal. First experience of Bodeans for me and was left very disappointed to be honest, much preferred the SB&G.

Great night (ignoring the game) - mainly due to the attendees. Thanks to all who were there and it was great to meet up with some guys from here that we haven't seen for a while.

Bodeans - Very disappointed this year. Positives - venue, atmosphere (mainly due to UK Pats), cheap buckets of beer and location. Negatives - service, food (not as good as previously), food timing - served during the 1st and 3rd quarters WTF - we're watching the game!! (plus I can't eat chilli nachos or chicken and was ravenous by the time the 3rd quarter 'half time' serving came), space (cramming extra tables into the upstairs this year) and trying to / charging extra for chips.

Looking forward to next year's UK Pats Super Bowl bash though - always a good night wherever it's held!

Guest dave45

Great night (ignoring the game) - mainly due to the attendees. Thanks to all who were there and it was great to meet up with some guys from here that we haven't seen for a while.

Bodeans - Very disappointed this year. Positives - venue, atmosphere (mainly due to UK Pats), cheap buckets of beer and location. Negatives - service, food (not as good as previously), food timing - served during the 1st and 3rd quarters WTF - we're watching the game!! (plus I can't eat chilli nachos or chicken and was ravenous by the time the 3rd quarter 'half time' serving came), space (cramming extra tables into the upstairs this year) and trying to / charging extra for chips.

Looking forward to next year's UK Pats Super Bowl bash though - always a good night wherever it's held!

Didn't get the chance to say "hello". Nice to see you there, though

Great to meet up with everyone & a good night bar the result. For me the food at Bodeans has got worst each year.

We'll have to find somewhere else next year. Unlucky venue...

Generally it was a really good day/night. The flag footy was fun (suffering a bit today, definitely feeling my age) Chelsea/Man Utd at the Railway Tavern meh, its soccer. The Porcupine meet up was good, nice stroll to Bodeans, bit of a let down there with the service and food, guided tour of the back streets and alleys from Ade on the way back to the Travelodge. Not sure what happened between arriving and leaving Bodeans, I know we went there for something, can't seem to remember what though.

Thanks to everyone for making the effort to come along, best bit of these things is definitely the people both old timers & newbies.

Not sure what happened between arriving and leaving Bodeans, I know we went there for something, can't seem to remember what though.

I think Madonna was putting on a concert or something. I wasn't really paying attention.

I thought the food in Bodeans was good. I was just very disappointed that it didn't come out until the 3rd quarter. Maybe they were thrown out by the timing of it. I mean that first half did go by pretty quick. Quicker than usual Superbowls. Or was that just me that felt that?

Also I think Warren should be banned from playing the squares. ;)

Really enjoyed seeing everyone - we have had our misgivings with Bodeans previously but felt it was overall better than the other times we have been there. However - the timing of the food was shocking..as was being asked by the waiter if I wanted to order some fries JUST as Pats were making a crucial play on the field (unforgiveable!). I also wondered where that "child's table" crew came from, since werent we told that the top floor was full with our party and the 5 older chaps sat at the back window? Also made that area very cramped. So they didnt really cover themselves in glory in my view.........

I thought the food in Bodeans was good. I was just very disappointed that it didn't come out until the 3rd quarter. Maybe they were thrown out by the timing of it. I mean that first half did go by pretty quick. Quicker than usual Superbowls. Or was that just me that felt that?

If I had to nitpick, it would be the timing of the food. I also thought the first half went pretty quick, thanks to the Giants running time of the clock by running the football and completing throws. They just didn't have the points to show for it.

Our waitress caught my table at the right time, I was more than willing to pay extra for chips after the touchdown. I probably would have brought anything she was selling because I was in a chipper mode. It was a better investment than splashing out £8 on the squares.

Our waitress caught my table at the right time, I was more than willing to pay extra for chips after the touchdown. I probably would have brought anything she was selling because I was in a chipper mode. It was a better investment than splashing out £8 on the squares.

But wait, your team didn't score a TD in the second half until 1 minute before the end of the game. :P

But wait, your team didn't score a TD in the second half until 1 minute before the end of the game. :P

I felt the Patriots were going to lose after the Welker drop, but I didn't quit on the team until shortly after the Mario Manningham catch got the Giants into field goal range. Then I wrote the season completely off.

It's not easy being a prophet. I now know how the great Marshall Faulk feels :lol:

Edited by The Pats

I felt the Patriots were going to lose after the Welker drop, but I didn't quit on the team until shortly after the Mario Manningham catch got the Giants into field goal range. Then I wrote the season completely off.

It's not easy being a prophet. I now know how the great Marshall Faulk feels :lol:

I'll admit, after the Welker drop I had a horrible "oh no, not again" feeling.

SB&G had snacks out pre-game and we kept being brought bits throughout, Bodeans all I got before the 3rd quarter was some chicken wings. Big letdown for me.

We also got nachos.

I had the sinking feeling when Welker dropped. I jumped up in celebration thinking that's game, we got this now. Then I immediately put my hands on the head and that was it. One play later we were punting. At that point I got up and went walkabout trying to find a lucky spot. I didn't find it. It reminded me of the Asante drop in SB42. I thought the game was over when I saw the ball land in his hands. Then when I glanced back at the TV, I realised it wasn't. Difference with that one was it wasn't until 2 or 3 plays later when I felt we were in trouble. That moment came with the helmet super glue catch. This year I had more experience and that I saw it coming a lot sooner.

I have recently been to the Tower Hill branch of Bodeans on two occasions and I have to say that the food (especially!) /drinks/service was excellent. It is much smaller than the Soho branch.

This is definitely my favourite American sports bar/eatery in London...