Sign in to follow this  
KentPatsFan

Official Emerald Isle Classic Thread; Notre Dame @ Navy, Dublin.

Because the other thread was cluttered and I couldn't edit the post because of the old forum format, I've amde a new topic to pin.

The Emerald Isle Classic will bet taking place on Saturday September 1st 2012 between Notre Dame and Navy. We have put down our interest for an allocation of tickets to the game through the home team, Navy, and have been old we should have no trouble getting them.

I got an update today from them just confirming we were still interested and checking my details were correct and they said the costs of tickets and such will b e released in January. Once they have gone through the process of offering tickets to their priority members (boosters, gold club members etc) they will then know what they have and how many requests for allocations they have. They will distribute them as evenly as they can after that.

I have spoken to the public liaison officer for Navy and spoken about possible involvement with events and such going on in the build up to this game and he is definitely interested in getting involved with some UK based fans over here. I have a contact for ND who I need to get in touch with and will do soon.

Once we have confirmation of an allocation, we can start working on planning some events over the course of a long weekend with these guys. Navy also suggested I speak to Anthony Travel who are working with ND and Navy to get students and others over there as we could get something planned through them also.

These are little ideas being thrown out there right now so once we know, we can start building on things quickly. Next step will be to start looking at flights and hotels once we know we're going also. Naturally I'll look to find hotels we can get group discounts at to make the whole experience cheaper!

Certain rules like we have with the roadtrip will apply and this will be an official UKPatriots event, so we'd expect the same good behavior we would at a Patriots roadtrip game. If we get more interested than our allocation will allow us to take, the moderators will decide on the best way to whittle the numbers down.

You must be officially registered with the UKPatriots Fan Club Registry with the Patriots to apply for this event. If you aren't, please speak to Jaco about getting this sorted. It's of no charge and you get a nice little newsletter from the Patriots to go with it!

These are the list of people I have interested:

PatsFanUK +1

David

Waspie

Swindon Patriot

Grecian Patriot

Mark and Mandy

Rat Noir

Danny Loughran

The Pats

Bognor Pat

Stumaloo

Patriotsjay

Vain Glory +1

TBX3 +2

HullPatriot101

Bristol Pat +1

Keithj +1

Anyone interested please let me know below here and I will add you on to the list.

Thanks for sorting all this so far Damien, hard to give firm 100%'s for the SB party, never mind an event next September so I hope we still have a month or two to decide ether we can commit or not!

2012 is going to be a crazy year for me, a lot of uncertainty right now, probably won't make the RT, my brothers wedding in New Zealand in November/Dec which will cost me a fortune, and Im looking at visas/opportunites for Canada again.

Keep us updated on proceedings though! :)

Thanks for sorting all this so far Damien, hard to give firm 100%'s for the SB party, never mind an event next September so I hope we still have a month or two to decide ether we can commit or not!

2012 is going to be a crazy year for me, a lot of uncertainty right now, probably won't make the RT, my brothers wedding in New Zealand in November/Dec which will cost me a fortune, and Im looking at visas/opportunites for Canada again.

Keep us updated on proceedings though! :)

Jesus that is hectic! I'll try and negotiate as much time as I can on a deadline to make the payments to Navy to give people a little time to dwell on it!

Will do :) The likelihood is I will try and get a list of Hotels together int he buildup to Feb so I have allthe details there and ready for everyone right away and they can get a rough estimate of cost.

I can't imagine flights to Dublin will be too expensive given the short nature! That will probably be left to individual responsibility to book up like we do with the roadtrip...naturally people going might form a group if going from the same airport.

Just a waiting game to make sure we definitely get them and just how many!

Never mind players and coaches, any chance on getting the refs to meet with UK refs!

Herds of Zebras sweeping majestically accross the Liffey

Never mind players and coaches, any chance on getting the refs to meet with UK refs!

Herds of Zebras sweeping majestically accross the Liffey

That is something I will aim to work on too. I don't know what the league over here have planned if anything, but I will see what I can do in planning the events.

Dublin flights are cheap as chips. Ryanair or Easyjet. Expect some confused faces as Jaco and I show up in ASU jerseys.

That is something I will aim to work on too. I don't know what the league over here have planned if anything, but I will see what I can do in planning the events.

It was mentioned in passing at last year's BAFRA AGM that there was a game - I suspect something is already in the pipeline but the powers that be are keeping a tight lid on it.

It was mentioned in passing at last year's BAFRA AGM that there was a game - I suspect something is already in the pipeline but the powers that be are keeping a tight lid on it.

I'd imagine BAFRA will have something planned for you guys...similar to what they do for the IS game at least.

I want to at least get involved with the Colleges to see what they have planned as it would be good to get involved with them and he students...and I know a few of the guys will like chatting up the college girls ;)

Definitely want to see if we can sit on on a walk-through or something...talk to some players and coaches...which would be a good experience.

Damien, can you take my name off the list please. I can't commit 100% about going so it would probably be best to say i'll not be able to make it. Thanks.

Damien, can you take my name off the list please. I can't commit 100% about going so it would probably be best to say i'll not be able to make it. Thanks.

No probs! Consider it done :)

Even taking into the account the now announced Wembley game - Tony and myself are well up for this trip! Already have hotel and flight plans organised - (I'm a Transport Planner by trade & can't help planning in advance!). Can't wait for this and the Pats visit to the UK the following month - 2012 is looking good. :D

Thanks for your hard work so far on this Damien.

We are also definitely still up for this. Looking at flying out friday night, back sunday night - no need for time off work!

Good to hear! I'll try and get an update tomorrow as I know they said February...so maybe they can give me an exact idea on when we will hear from them!

Good to hear! I'll try and get an update tomorrow as I know they said February...so maybe they can give me an exact idea on when we will hear from them!

Sweet. I'm still up for this one :) (just working out the pennies)

was thinking of going by car - but it is £350 return - but still works out at £120 per person on flights so maybe not a bad idea.

Guest Keithj

I doubt if we'll be able to make this as well as Wembley, much to my disappointment.

Keith

Hey Damo - any news on this? I think I remember you saying that tix go on sale 1st march.....

Thanks Damo - acc to that FB link I found, they are on GA sale to USA folks on Thursday and GA sale to non-USA folks on MOnday 5th. Would be great if we can get a group allocation to sit together but if not, we should be gearing up to look at this option instead.

Thanks Damo - acc to that FB link I found, they are on GA sale to USA folks on Thursday and GA sale to non-USA folks on MOnday 5th. Would be great if we can get a group allocation to sit together but if not, we should be gearing up to look at this option instead.

No disrespect to Damo and all his hard work in trying to secure tickets through Navy, but, my guess is that as Navy haven't got back to him yet they really don't want to know - and they are probably very busy selling to their season ticket holders and US fans...??....

Tickets are available to purchase via Navy direct now here https://ev12.evenue....aller=&appCode=.

Upper level seats only - $50 each + $8 processing fee, (fee is per transaction not per ticket), which works out at around £36 per ticket if purchasing two. You don't necessarily need to be based in the US to purchase them now as there is a 'will call' option and they will have a ticket collection point at the Aviva Stadium on game day (according to their ticket office).

To be honest, as we already have non refundable flights and hotel booked I'm very tempted to go via this ticket route to guarantee seats. Plus they apparently go on general sale via those Ticketmaster thieves on Monday and the overall cost of tickets will probably be higher.

(Sorry for treading on your toes Damo and please don't think your hard work on this event hasn't been appreciated - it is.)

Edited by Patsfanuk

I'm still waiting for their guy to get back to me. I've chased it up this week a couple of times and the guy in charge wasn;t in his office earlier in the week. He is today and tomorrow so I'm hoping to hear from him either tonight or tomorrow some time. The sale right now is for their season ticket holders and donors as far as I was told and yes, general sale starts on Monday.

If I don't get anything back from them then ticketmaster will seem to be the safest route. If we've been successful then our requested number (which I put down as 20) will have been put aside.

Okay he got back to me finally.

Firstly, I am unable to attend this trip any longer due to a family commitment that weekend. I only found out this week the date was confirmed so if someone would want to take over form here in dealing with Tom Phelps of Navy then that would be fine...just seems more logical that someone going should deal with the group.

It's actually pretty annoying, as they haven't done it like the NFL would and seemed to have made a major cock up with a few applications for group allocations. They have upper sideline seats left right now @ $50 each. If we want a group booking then we can go through this guy who will get it all sorted, but they haven't kept us back any seats. I'm a bit annoyed as I was told they would be in touch and it would be about a specific allocation, not a group booking which is reliant on the seats being available.

So basically, those who want to go need to get in together on a group booking and then email Thomas Phelps with the number you want and organise payment through him. It'll save Ticketmaster hassle going through this guy!

Steve, would you want to take the helm on this and get the group together. Seems more logical someone who can attend does it now we know what';s going on....

As I said family things got in the way (a wedding I'm obliged to attend) and even though I'd rather watch a football game with you fine people, it's not worth the frowning upon by other family members if I don't show!

Ok, in spite of my failure to get my act together for Wembley, (long story) I am still very much on for this. Let me know where to send my $100 ish.

It's a real shame you can't go Damo & I've just sent you a PM.

OK I'll see what I can do with Navy.....

It's a real shame you can't go Damo & I've just sent you a PM.

OK I'll see what I can do with Navy.....

Replied. Thanks for taking this on!

OK. Here's the update...

I've contacted Navy and they are willing to sell us a group in one transaction with only one fee - so if there is 20 it would be $1008 total - (Upper level seats $50 per seat). Tickets would need to be collected at 'will call' at the stadium on game day.

The sticking points:

1) Tickets are selling so we'll have to move quick.

2) Someone [not me I'm afraid] would need to pay for the total amount for all tickets on their credit card to purchase them - approx. $1008 dependant on numbers.

3) If we booked as a group all monies would need to be into the person paying for them before purchase.

However.........

We can purchase tickets via their website individually and request that we are sat together. They will not guarantee that we would be together but would try their best to accommodate the requests. Again any tickets purchased would need be collected via 'will call' on game day.

So unless someone else is willing to collect all the money in and pay for the tickets on their credit card - I suggest that anyone wanting to go purchases tickets individually via Navy and adds something like "Please seat with the UK Patriots group" when purchasing the tickets online.

I'm happy to co-ordinate everything, including speaking to Navy, for this trip except the payments side.

If the majority want to purchase individiually I'll post instructions on here to ensure they get the information needed to get us seated together......

Edited by Patsfanuk

I could help you out with the payment side of things Steve. That's actually less then this years SB Party.

If you want to chat give me a call, you've got my mobile number.

Thanks Steve and Mark for stepping up - we are still definitely interested and can make payment immediately to whoever is collecting the funds. Would be great to do this as a group if possible,

I could help you out with the payment side of things Steve. That's actually less then this years SB Party.

If you want to chat give me a call, you've got my mobile number.

Cheers Mark. I 'will call' you after work then...

OK. Mark (Swindon) and myself (PatsFanUK) will be organising this trip jointly.

But, we have worked out that we are unlikely to get 20 confirmed and paid for quickly for this trip, so the group booking is not really viable. Also I have spoken to the Navy ticket office direct this evening and they tell me that their allocation of tickets for this game is selling fast and likely to sell out by the end of today (Friday) US time.

They only have Upper Tier seats for $50 each plus $8 booking fee (per booking not per seat).

So anyone who wants to go needs to book direct via this link http://ev12.evenue.n...caller=

Navy will group us together if we quote my name on the booking (seating together as a group is not 100% guaranteed though).

The online process is as follows....

1) Click on the Notre Dame Dublin Ireland link (from the link above).

2) Step 1 - is filled out for you on the next page

3) Step 2 - put in the quantity of tickets you need

4) Step 3 - Seating preferences - type in the comments box "Please seat with Steve Hawes"

5) Fill out the word verification box

6) On the next page "shopping cart" check the details and make sure you select delivery method "Will Call" - click checkout

7) Open an account and be sure to use your UK address and name that your payment card is registered to

8) Fill out the payment details and you are done!

You will receive a confirmation email from Navy Tickets. Due to ticket preference requests Navy do not allocate any particular seat on booking. They will allocate seats after all have been sold taking into account any seating preferances stated on booking. Tickets will only be available to collect at 'will call' on game day at the stadium in Dublin.

This appears to be the only way we can try and get seats together. We are not responsible for the actual allocation of seats and when you book only the number of seats you have paid for are guaranteed in the upper tier of the stadium for this game.

If you don't wish to follow any of the above try Tickemaster on Monday, (with their expected higher booking charges), and I'm sure we'll meet up in Dublin...!!..

Edited by Patsfanuk

Slight change when booking after advice from Navy....

4) Step 3 - Seating preferences - type in the comments box "Please seat with Steve Hawes - customer number 287359"

Also, to collect your tickets on game day photo ID of the ticket buyer is required to pick up tickets. (I suggest you take the payment card which you purchased the tickets on with you as well.)

Edited by Patsfanuk

Ok booked. Steve, can you let us know the name of the hotel you are booked into so we can take a look at that?

We're at the Fleet Street Hotel in Temple Bar. http://www.fleethoteltemplebar.com/ But I'm sure it will be fully booked over that weekend as it was almost full when we booked a while back. The hotel was recommended by my brother who stayed there while working in Dublin a few years ago. Mind you there might be some rooms available via the various hotel booking websites?

Flying out from London City Airport (Air France) and arriving in Dublin at around 4:40pm.

(BTW - I've spoken to Navy and don't worry about the extra customer number bit on the reference in the message above as they have linked your seating prefernce to our booking already.)

Edited by Patsfanuk

Flying out from London City Airport (Air France) and arriving in Dublin at around 4:40pm.

That is flying out on the Friday (31/8)......

Edited by Patsfanuk

We're at the Fleet Street Hotel in Temple Bar. http://www.fleethoteltemplebar.com/ But I'm sure it will be fully booked over that weekend as it was almost full when we booked a while back. The hotel was recommended by my brother who stayed there while working in Dublin a few years ago. Mind you there might be some rooms available via the various hotel booking websites?

(BTW - I've spoken to Navy and don't worry about the extra customer number bit on the reference in the message above as they have linked your seating prefernce to our booking already.)

Yeah that hotel is full. Will find something nearby. Swindy, lets catch up over the weekend and we might be able to book into the same place.

We are looking at flights coming out last thing Friday night and back Sunday night - so we dont even have to take time off work!!

(and thanks for speaking to Navy about the tix.)

Confirmed so far:

Mark & Mandy

Swindon Patriot +1

Patsfanuk +1

James In Wales +1

Just checked the Navy ticket website and it is now showing as sold out for this game:

http://ev12.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetGroupList?groupCode=F&linkID=navy&shopperContext=&caller=&app-Code

The Ticketmaster general sale has now moved back to the 20th March as well. http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/event/18004788A7926400?artistid=1672929&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=102

So it looks like it's just the 8 of us for this trip at the moment.

If anyone gets tickets for this game please post here and we'll see if we can sort out a meet up in Dublin.

Sorry; been very busy all weekend and not logged on.

I'm going to hold off for the moment; it's the same weekend as the End of the Road festival, which is building up to probably the best lineup for any festival this summer,

Not going to be available for this one now. No leave available until 9th September because of some sports day that's happening in London this summer? :huh:

Okay, so not quite as exciting as the roadtrip thread, but thought I'd give this a bump as it's only 9 weeks away now.

Flights are booked, B&B in Dublin booked, planning on paying a visit to a 2010 roadtripper in Belfast before heading to Dublin :)

Let's hope we get some decent weather by the end of August, had enough of all this rain.

Definitely looking forward to this weekend! Where are you and Deb staying?

Definitely looking forward to this weekend! Where are you and Deb staying?

We left things a bit late for booking, so not a lot of choice for that weekend.

We've ended up at a place called "Fatima House" B&B on Gardiner Street, Dublin 1.

We get into Dublin in the early evening of Friday 31st August and will be staying 3 nights.

That sounds close to us, we are on Lower Gardiner. See you 31st - we get in Friday evening too :-)

http://getaways.groupon.co.uk/d-7379409-Dublin?nlp=&CID=UK_CRM_1_0_0_184&a=2463

Groupon Deal - £75 for 2 nights for 2 people and £30 more for an extra night - plus £20 per night for Friday and Saturday.

So Friday night/Sat night = £115 for 2 night for 2 people - add on Thursday night or Sunday night = £145 for the 3 nights.

Hotel is an old theatre with own nightclub.

Me - could now have made it as no shift that day at the Paralympics, but too late.