Sign in to follow this  
KentPatsFan

Official Emerald Isle Classic Thread; Notre Dame @ Navy, Dublin.

That sounds close to us, we are on Lower Gardiner. See you 31st - we get in Friday evening too :-)

Oppsite ends of the same street Mandy. Naturally you got the posh end, us slow-coaches who left it late to book get the rough end. :lol:

Still it was that or a hotel some way outside the city and we don't want to spend most of what little time we have getting in & out of the city.

Okay, so not quite as exciting as the roadtrip thread, but thought I'd give this a bump as it's only 9 weeks away now.

Flights are booked, B&B in Dublin booked, planning on paying a visit to a 2010 roadtripper in Belfast before heading to Dublin :)

Let's hope we get some decent weather by the end of August, had enough of all this rain.

Really looking forward to this trip. I'd better get my passport renewed sharpish......!..... :o:)

Edited by Patsfanuk

Really looking forward to this trip. I'd better get my passport renewed sharpish......!..... :o:)

No need. Passport not required for Ireland. You just need your driving license for the plane.

Word of advice though - if you're coming back through some airports (it happened to me in Gatwick), you'll get mixed in with passengers coming off other EU flights. You still won't need your passport - but if you're not carrying it, make sure you hang onto your boarding pass to prove where you've come from.

http://getaways.grou..._0_0_184&a=2463

Groupon Deal - £75 for 2 nights for 2 people and £30 more for an extra night - plus £20 per night for Friday and Saturday.

So Friday night/Sat night = £115 for 2 night for 2 people - add on Thursday night or Sunday night = £145 for the 3 nights.

Hotel is an old theatre with own nightclub.

Me - could now have made it as no shift that day at the Paralympics, but too late.

dont think it will be a sell out im sure you can get a ticket

Dublin this weekend! (This trip has come around very quickly...)

You all should have received an email from Navy today with information regarding the game and picking up tickets from Will Call. The Will Call office opens at 11am and we could meet up after picking up the tickets before the game, I'm sure there will be a pub nearby to head to...!...

Also, who's about in Dublin on Sunday? We don't fly back until Sunday evening so are now looking for a potential 'tourist' trip to do in the city during the day.....

Please could the Dublin roadtrippers PM or email me your mobile / contact numbers for the weekend that would be great - just so we can keep in touch - my email address is webmaster@patsfanuk.com.

Wow. What an excellent weekend that was!

Great to meet up with Mark, Deb, Mark and Mandy in Dublin.

Shame the game was a blow out with Notre Dame easily beating Navy but the atmosphere around Dublin and in the stadium was excellent. Thousands of Americans in Dublin for the weekend, mostly ND fans, and Temple Bar was heaving on Saturday before and after the game.

Tony and myself even got to one of the G.I.F.T. football games at Donnybrook Stadium on the Friday evening, between two Division III NCAA teams, which was a great experience as well.

First time flying for 8 years and will now have to try and save up for the 'proper' roadtrip....

Looking forward to the Pats in London in October first though..!...

Wow. What an excellent weekend that was!

Great to meet up with Mark, Deb, Mark and Mandy in Dublin.

Shame the game was a blow out with Notre Dame easily beating Navy but the atmosphere around Dublin and in the stadium was excellent. Thousands of Americans in Dublin for the weekend, mostly ND fans, and Temple Bar was heaving on Saturday before and after the game.

Tony and myself even got to one of the G.I.F.T. football games at Donnybrook Stadium on the Friday evening, between two Division III NCAA teams, which was a great experience as well.

First time flying for 8 years and will now have to try and save up for the 'proper' roadtrip....

Looking forward to the Pats in London in October first though..!...

Was a great weekend Steve, we thoroughly enjoyed everything about the whole event.

Thanks to you, Tony, Mark & Mandy for your company.

See you next month in London.