DG31

Patriots At Wembley 2012

I just got an e-mail from NFLUK (presumably everyone else did too) - the announcement of next year's game is due to be made tomorrow.

From the Denver wk15 thread...

Patsman1973

...this is the one game I hope and pray we win above all others

What is this? going on the basis that if it is equal with those from Tebow, the Lord may be neutral?

Praying it is not Pats @ Jags

Well, I'm praying it is Pats/Jags....so fear not, the Lord can stay neutral..!

Praying it is not Pats @ Jags

we all know you want the game to played in a crappy city in america. i dont think there is a need to post this everytime this gets mentioned. it a shame that 3 people dont want our team to play in our country. some people cant get over to the states to watch a game so i am sure the vast majority on here would love the game to come over

Rumour on twitter is that it will be Rams giving up a home game and it will be agianst either Patriots or Jets.

Please let it be Patriots as the chance to see them twice in one season would be fantastic =D

we all know you want the game to played in a crappy city in america. i dont think there is a need to post this everytime this gets mentioned. it a shame that 3 people dont want our team to play in our country. some people cant get over to the states to watch a game so i am sure the vast majority on here would love the game to come over

ahem.

me to would also do jags is staying in USA

Questionable English aside.... #someoneschangedtheirtune

ahem.

Questionable English aside.... #someoneschangedtheirtune

when looking at the possible fixture i would go to next season jags was one of them. am i praying that it stays in the states no. all it means is i would have a nice trip to Florida then drive up to the game. if it doesnt happen cos the game is in London it will mean i will go so say Seattle

Rumour on twitter is that it will be Rams giving up a home game and it will be agianst either Patriots or Jets.

Please let it be Patriots as the chance to see them twice in one season would be fantastic =D

There are four teams swimming around at the moment...Pats, Jags, Rams and Jets.

Is there a chance we finally get two?

Whether or not I go to Boston this year will depend on this decision. If the Pats are in London, I will go to Wembley and still have plenty of cash left over with another year to save up even more than I would have had. If the Pats are not in London then I will go to Boston this year.

Whether or not I go to Boston this year will depend on this decision. If the Pats are in London, I will go to Wembley and still have plenty of cash left over with another year to save up even more than I would have had. If the Pats are not in London then I will go to Boston this year.

I'm leaning towards this too largely because of Dublin also...if I can go to both of those I will have had my fill of football. If the Pats aren't coming, there is no doubt I'm going on the roadtrip.

I'm leaning towards this too largely because of Dublin also...if I can go to both of those I will have had my fill of football. If the Pats aren't coming, there is no doubt I'm going on the roadtrip.

I'm more in the boat of Road Trip is the Priority for me this year and will do one of either Wembley or Dublin. If Patriots come to Wembley it will be Road Trip & Wembley. If not Road Trip and Dublin will be the way to go

As a Patriots fan, that's pretty much the best case scenario. Rooting for the Patriots and rooting against the Jets, especially if the Jets are having a good year in 2012.... #pumpedandjacked

As a Patriots fan, that's pretty much the best case scenario. Rooting for the Patriots and rooting against the Jets, especially if the Jets are having a good year in 2012.... #pumpedandjacked

Ian Rapoport is digging on it as we speak...he said he'd shoot me a heads up if he finds anything out.

If there is to be 2 UK games, would it be too greedy to ask for say wk9 Pats @ Jags, then wk10 Pats @ Rams...?!?!

How many of you would go if the JETS played the Rams?

How many of you would go if the JETS played the Rams?
No on the basis that it would mean Pats @ Jags is happening in Florida and added to Dublin and a trip leafpeepping in NE then I will be too busy and need to save some money. Otherwise it would be Go Rams!

Jersey A, I can abide, just. Jersey B, not in a million years. If I did go to Wembley it'd be as a pure Rams fan for that one and only day.

If there is to be 2 UK games, would it be too greedy to ask for say wk9 Pats @ Jags, then wk10 Pats @ Rams...?!?!

No :)

Being reported in the globe it is pats v rams....

Sweet. I would rather see Sam Bradford than Blaine Gabbert!

yes - because everyone else will be bored

No :)

You are just being selfish - - - but there again, is selfish wrong?

Greed is good :lol:

Also this being reported....

There will be a sixth International Series game next season and possibly a seventh as well so keep checking back to www.nfluk.com for all the latest news.

What source is that quoted from?

It's a nice fantasy, but Roger Goddell stated at the NFL Fan Forum that the NFL discussed back to back games. ...but thought there would be more fan interest in two games if they weren't played back to back.

I'm guessing it will be Pats @ Rams and Jets @ Jags.

Is London calling the Jets?

January, 20, 2012

Jan 20

12:01

AM ET

By Rich Cimini

Rex Ryan and Mike Tannenbaum are scheduled to conduct a conference call with season-ticket holders Friday afternoon. They've done these calls before -- it's a good way to connect -- but this seems like an odd time to interact with the fans, many of whom are still fuming over the season and the ugly, post-season fallout.

The team didn't give a reason for the call. Maybe it'll be a pep talk by Ryan. Maybe they will make the official announcement that ticket prices won't be raised, which owner Woody Johnson indicated Thursday during an interview on "The Michael Kay Show" on 1050 ESPN New York.

Or maybe, just maybe, they will announce a 2012 regular-season game against the Rams in London. There were rumors late Thursday night about the Jets heading overseas. Team officials couldn't be reached to comment, but we do know the Jets are scheduled to face the Rams on the road.

If the Jets do play in the UK, we can cue the obvious song, "London Calling" by the Clash -- the perfect rock band for a team that can't get along.

http://espn.go.com/b...alling-the-jets

Edited by The Pats

Jets having a call on Friday afternoon? Well, since the official announcement is rumoured to be either 1430 GMT (0930 EST) or 1630 GMT (1130 EST) depending on who you read, the news might be out already by then. ....

Maybe the JETS conference call with their STHs is just to admit that they lost out to the Patriots again! ;)

Jets having a call on Friday afternoon? Well, since the official announcement is rumoured to be either 1430 GMT (0930 EST) or 1630 GMT (1130 EST) depending on who you read, the news might be out already by then. ....

Reading between the lines it sounds like the Jets are having a call on Friday afternoon to make the official announcement that ticket prices won't be raised.

Yeah I don't think this has anything to do with that...why would they want to talk to season ticket holders...unless they were giving up a home game which is extremely unlikely.

Yeah I don't think this has anything to do with that...why would they want to talk to season ticket holders...unless they were giving up a home game which is extremely unlikely.

To offer Jets season ticket holders an official Jets travel package to London. That's the only reason I can think of.

The timing is probably just a coincidence!

The St. Louis Rams are headed abroad to play a regular-season game in 2012.

Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that sources say the Rams will have one of their home games moved from the Edward Jones Dome to the United Kingdom. Rams owner Stan Kroenke also owns Arsenal, a soccer club in the English Premier League.

Interestingly, Thomas says this could be the first game in what could be a “multi-year agreement” for the Rams to play abroad. NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said in October when the Chicago Bears and Tampa Bay Buccaneers played at Wembley Stadium that the league was exploring having a team or teams play there on a regular basis to build fan interest.

The Buccaneers have recently said they don’t want to continue playing in the U.K. after playing there two of the last three seasons. The NFL is also looking to expand to perhaps have two regular-season games in the U.K. a season, one of the platforms Goodell is pushing strongly.

Per Thomas, the Rams would play the New England Patriots in the game, ensuring the NFL would have one marquee club to market overseas for the event.

From the Official Rams Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/Rams?sk=wall

"The National Football League announced today that the St. Louis Rams will face the New England Patriots in London, England’s Wembley Stadium this season. The game, which is part of the NFL’s International Series, will take place on Oct. 28 at Noon CST (6 p.m. UK). CBS will provide live television coverage of the contest. The Rams will serve as the home team for this year’s contest, and the team has reached an agreement to play a home game at Wembley Stadium in 2013 and 2014 as well"

woohoo!! so glad I booked the hotel already, the price has already doubled!!

From the Official Rams Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/Rams?sk=wall

"The National Football League announced today that the St. Louis Rams will face the New England Patriots in London, England’s Wembley Stadium this season. The game, which is part of the NFL’s International Series, will take place on Oct. 28 at Noon CST (6 p.m. UK). CBS will provide live television coverage of the contest. The Rams will serve as the home team for this year’s contest, and the team has reached an agreement to play a home game at Wembley Stadium in 2013 and 2014 as well"

Great catch Steve!! Let's hope we get the same privilege as last time from the NFL with regards to a group of tickets.

Great catch Steve!! Let's hope we get the same privilege as last time from the NFL with regards to a group of tickets.

Got the link off the NFLUK forum which I have been lurking on all day waiting for something concrete.

I'm really up for this one, but not sure if the Mrs is as the game will be on our anniversary. I suppose I could get her a ticket as well.... :lol:

And now official, official from NFLUK: http://www.nfluk.com/opinions/articles/rams-3-year-commitment-uk-0

ST. LOUIS RAMS TO HOST REGULAR-SEASON GAME IN UNITED KINGDOM IN EACH OF NEXT THREE YEARS

RAMS FACE NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS AT WEMBLEY STADIUM ON SUNDAY, OCTOBER 28

In an unprecedented step that begins the next chapter of the NFL’s continued momentum of growing the international fan base, the St. Louis Rams have committed to becoming the first NFL team to play regular-season games abroad on an annual basis, the league announced today.

The Rams will play one regular-season home game in the UK in 2012, 2013, and 2014, beginning with a game against the New England Patriots on Sunday, October 28, 2012 at Wembley Stadium, kicking off at 5:00 p.m. local time (1:00 p.m. ET).......