DG31

Patriots At Wembley 2012

Rams to Play Patriots in London

By StLouisRams.com

Posted 14 hours ago

Comments:

Wembley_Stadium_Feature_420_310.jpg

ST. LOUIS, Mo. – The National Football League announced today that the St. Louis Rams will face the New England Patriots in London, England’s Wembley Stadium this season. The game, which is part of the NFL’s International Series, will take place on Oct. 28 at Noon CST (6 p.m. UK). CBS will provide live television coverage of the contest.

The Rams will serve as the home team for this year’s contest, and the team has reached an agreement to play a home game at Wembley Stadium in 2013 and 2014 as well.

“This is a tremendous honor for our franchise, the city of St. Louis and our fans throughout the world,” said Rams owner E. Stanley Kroenke. “We are excited about the opportunity to reach new audiences globally. This is a great platform to showcase the city of St. Louis to London and the UK.

“We’ve seen first-hand the increased popularity of the NFL not only in London but throughout Europe. To play a role in that growth over the next three years will be incredible and is a testament to the many good things happening not only in the NFL but also in the St. Louis Rams organization.”

The 2012 season marks the sixth-consecutive year in which Wembley Stadium has played host to a regular-season NFL game. The league has held one regular-season game in London each year beginning in 2007.

“I’m really looking forward to the opportunity to represent the Rams and the National Football League in London,” Rams QB Sam Bradfordicon-article-link.gif said. “I’m sure it’s going to be a very exciting atmosphere that will provide a great experience for everyone involved in the game.”

The 2012 International Series contest marks the first time in team history that the Rams will play a regular season game outside of the United States. The Rams participated in the American Bowl during the preseason three times and won all three contests: a 1987 game against the Denver Broncos at Wembley Stadium; a 1989 matchup with the San Francisco 49ers at the Tokyo Dome in Tokyo, Japan; and a 1990 contest against the Kansas City Chiefs at Berlin, Germany’s Olympiastadion.

Club seats for the Rams-Patriots game will go on sale on Jan. 25. General admission tickets to the game will be available on Feb. 2-3. In the upcoming weeks, the Rams will announce ticket opportunities and travel packages for Rams season ticket holders and fans.

http://www.stlouisra...cc-79a4efd1fc9c

Edited by The Pats

R. Kraft on Pats playing in London: "The United Kingdom is home to some of our most passionate Patriots fans, including the UKPatriots who are among our most active fan clubs overall, not just overseas. We look forward to another memorable experience."

R. Kraft on Pats playing in London: "The United Kingdom is home to some of our most passionate Patriots fans, including the UKPatriots who are among our most active fan clubs overall, not just overseas. We look forward to another memorable experience."

How cool!

Rams to Play Patriots in London

The Rams will serve as the home team for this year’s contest, and the team has reached an agreement to play a home game at Wembley Stadium in 2013 and 2014 as well.

The London Rams...!

i wonder if Fisher does turn them around, they'll still be keen to keep those London games ?

can not wait. After the show the uk pats put on last time with the whole weekend this time it can only be better over excited already

Guest dave45

Let's hope that something along the lines of last time can be arranged again this time (fun & frolics with the cheerleaders in the park ?).

Just remember that these things don't just happen by themselves. There are some unsung heroes in the UK Patriots (on both sides of the pond) who work hard to put these things together.

The London Rams...!

i wonder if Fisher does turn them around, they'll still be keen to keep those London games ?

Perhaps that's why he took so long to make a decision? :lol:

I guess I'll need to order more UKPatriots Knit Caps for the Wembley game. :)

so excited about the game and meeting up with you all again becuase everytime is great :) gonna bring my 6 year old son to his first nfl game :)

Snap! Plan to bring my 7 year old this time. He'll be so excited when i tell him! Like Mandy says it would be great if we could get a block of tickets like the Bucs game which was a phenomenal experience. Fingers crossed. Not being able to afford a roadtrip this is utterly brilliant news!!

Guest dave45

Hello Howard, Hoping you and the rest of the gang can make over for the match. I look forward to seeing you.

Great catch Steve!! Let's hope we get the same privilege as last time from the NFL with regards to a group of tickets.

I was not a member last time the Pats played, but what was teh deal with getting tickets, as I want to go again and was lucky last time to get good tickets?

I was not a member last time the Pats played, but what was teh deal with getting tickets, as I want to go again and was lucky last time to get good tickets?

Patience patience please.

We had a large group booking last time, multiple events organized like flag football and the Saturday night party, was a cracking weekend. Hotels are a tad pricey mind you, even now!

Secret Seagull i am sure you are looking forward to all the PM's coming your way if its any thing like last time lol

People ain't going to be pleased to see the Rams for 3 straight years, and if they do bring in a second game, I can only see Rams and the team they are playing fans going to the that game.

Interesting that they have dropped the registration of Interest requirement for tickets, must have realised that they were not going to sell out the game from the UK fanbase

This is crazy news. I'm shocked we are coming back so soon. But thankful all the same. Think it shows who the popular teams are outside of their respective states.

Totally agree there . 3 Rams games in a row unless fisher can turn them into the rams of late 90's could we see the nfl leaving are island for mainland europe.

This is great news - and I already have someone from the US coming over for the game as he is a long time (and long sufferring) Rams fan.

Next stage of plan is to get Paul to come over as well and he can meet OUR people.

Could someone please tell my how the ticket ordering process works on ticketmaster.co.uk (because that's where the tickets are going to be sold, right?)? Are tickets going to be nominative or can I give a ticket to someone else if someone bails out? I plan on buying two tickets, the other person isn't so sure about it (and won't be by February 1st), but I don't want to risk missing this one.

Edited by MacGyver

Could someone please tell my how the ticket ordering process works on ticketmaster.co.uk (because that's where the tickets are going to be sold, right?)? Are tickets going to be nominative or can I give a ticket to someone else if someone bails out? I plan on buying two tickets, the other person isn't so sure about it (and won't be by February 1st), but I don't want to risk to miss this one.

Think the ticket buyer has his name on all tickets, I ended up with 3 people dropping out and "fillers" going in stead, no problems

Can Ade or Chris add that quote to the front page? I'm chuffed to bits at that level of recognition. Really - well done us.

I'm extremely happy that the Patriots are coming over to play again and with Jeff Fisher as the Rams new head coach lets hope its a near completive game with the Pats winning obviously.

Think the ticket buyer has his name on all tickets, I ended up with 3 people dropping out and "fillers" going in stead, no problems

Thank you Ensign, I appreciate it. :)

Kraft: "We're very excited to be playing in London. For us, it's like having another home game because we have such a large fan base there."

Mr Kraft just hasd a new conference on 98.5fm and he mentioned the UKPatriots and how great the Patriots fan base is in the UK.

Love it. Road Trip (hopefully) & Wembley. Can never get enough Patriots in one season :D

Wow. Friends in the US already planning the trip and booking hotels. This is going to be massive.

Wow. Friends in the US already planning the trip and booking hotels. This is going to be massive.

I see this weekend being a lot bigger than the last We're going to have to get going on this early!

Great news,that the Pats are going back to Wembley. Just can't wait to see my beloved again.Just hope we can get enough tickets in our very own block again! i feel like doing the Gronk!

I see it's just been announced that the Patriots will play the Rams at Wembley on 28 October. I hope I can afford to go this year as I missed out last time.

I assume someone here will be organising a get together and block seating?

OMG this is sooo exciting I could just pee LOL Announced on the Friday before a massive game I don't think I will sleep all weekend!! Cannot wait to see you all, can we have the 2012 roadtrip the weekend after so it is still half term?!?!? A whole week of Patriots would be heaven :-)

OMG this is sooo exciting I could just pee LOL Announced on the Friday before a massive game I don't think I will sleep all weekend!! Cannot wait to see you all, can we have the 2012 roadtrip the weekend after so it is still half term?!?!? A whole week of Patriots would be heaven :-)

Weekend after is a guaranteed bye week for both teams I'm afriad.

Already booked a hotel opposite the stadium, wasn't on here the last time the Pats came over so looking forward to any events organised.

Not going to lie im so excited about this!! The chance to see the pats over here 2 times in 4 years is incredible, and the fact im not 18 means I can play a more active role in the weekend ;)

On a more serious note I dont envy the jobs of the moderators over the next few weeks, although im sure you'll do a fantastic job as always.

Guest dave45

I think that's pretty much what I said last time, and I'm still here :)

You are a veteran now, Simon