DG31

Patriots At Wembley 2012

I just cant wait for this. I missed the last game and I was gutted.

How did you miss it?

How did you miss it?

I had no internet for about 3 months and by the time I was online again it was sold out. And money was tight too.

I guess I'll need to order more UKPatriots Knit Caps for the Wembley game. :)

I have mailed Paul - he of these are my people - and told him to remember to bring it if he makes it over. So there will be at least 2 with US accents.

I had no internet for about 3 months and by the time I was online again it was sold out. And money was tight too.

Ah sorry. Thought you meant you missed the announcement as you weren't a member here. Good that you'll be part of things this time :)

I have mailed Paul - he of these are my people - and told him to remember to bring it if he makes it over. So there will be at least 2 with US accents.

Sorry for the ignorance but what is/are 'these are my people'?

Excellent news about the Wembley game. I found this site just prior to the 09 game so already had my tickets. Looking forward to being with the group this time. Obviously not sitting with the super secret society of Mods, I know my place.

Loving the recognition from Mr Kraft, we must have made an impact there.

Sorry for the ignorance but what is/are 'these are my people'?

When we went to Boston in 06 with Paul as part of the family trip to the US, we got out into downtown Boston at which point Paul pointed to someone wearing a Pats-related item of clothing and said, "He is one of my people". Paul lives in Stamford, CT, which is about 20 minutes from the state border with NY, and works in NJ, so you can imagine a lot of his acquaintances support the Jets/Giants. Hence why in Boston "these are my people".

Excellent.

Hopefully this time I will get to meet more of you than the drunken bums Andy, Fulham and Chelsea.

Excellent.

Hopefully this time I will get to meet more of you than the drunken bums Andy, Fulham and Chelsea.

I think he is living in Canada now

Is he ? FFS.

Ah well, look forward to meeting more of you anyway.

Even Aldo. ;)

Presume this is going to get confusing - two threads with multiple postings, all at the same time.

Sign on

check SB

check IS

sign off

start worrying again

I am indeed in the frozen north, but I'll be making an effort to make the trip back and monopolize ratser's evening.

again

(possibly?)

I am indeed in the frozen north, but I'll be making an effort to make the trip back and monopolize ratser's evening.

again

(possibly?)

Ha ha great stuff mate.

Even Aldo. ;)

Oh I'm looking forward to it. :)

Cant believe though that we get to meet for the first time when your lot are champions. Should have done it last year. <_<

Oh I'm looking forward to it. :)

Cant believe though that we get to meet for the first time when your lot are champions. Should have done it last year. <_<

Hey mate, if we meet I just hope our mutual favoured team are world champions.

To me that is what excites me more (winning the superbowl, not meeting you ha ha ha ha)

my mum bought our tickets today! 3 x club wembley, right behind the east endzone... bargain :D was hoping to join the UKPats massiv, but when tickets are bought for me...!

however, will be aiming to get to London earlier than the 1645 we managed in '09 lmfao... so will try meet you all at an event or Wembley!!

CAN

NOT

WAIT!

I know, I know, but i'll be there in spirit with you all! feel free t let me know songs etc and will start them in our block!! my mum and I managed to get 80 people dancing in a thunderstorm at edgbaston in 2005!!!

Most of you know me and my son Ben. Well, he and I already have our hotel reservations (Wembley Plaza) arriving on 10/25 and leaving on 10/29. Our flights will be booked in the next few days. We can't wait to see you folks on your own turf. Let's just call this our 'reverse roadtrip'. :D

Ben and I will be touring London a bit while we are there. I remember in 2009, when i was there with my wife, how great the city was and how much we appreciated the warm reception we (especially my wife) received from all of you. We will set aside Friday and Saturday nights for supposed get-togethers in the city like in 2009.

See you all there.

Looking forward to seeing you again Howard! Having not been on a RT since Wembley, the last time I happened to see you was 2009!

Glad to hear you are coming over, Howard. I look forward to meeting you, Ben and any others that might be coming over

It will be good to see you Howard,and your boy,and welcome all fellow Pats fans from across the water,please take up your full allocation of tickets,again welcome,and lets party. :)

Most of you know me and my son Ben. Well, he and I already have our hotel reservations (Wembley Plaza) arriving on 10/25 and leaving on 10/29. Our flights will be booked in the next few days. We can't wait to see you folks on your own turf. Let's just call this our 'reverse roadtrip'. :D

Ben and I will be touring London a bit while we are there. I remember in 2009, when i was there with my wife, how great the city was and how much we appreciated the warm reception we (especially my wife) received from all of you. We will set aside Friday and Saturday nights for supposed get-togethers in the city like in 2009.

See you all there.

Great stuff Howard. Deborah not coming this time ?

Great stuff Howard. Deborah not coming this time ?

Unfortunately not. I had to make her a promise in 2009 that the next time she and I go to the UK (and she does want to return) it has to have nothing do with sports. it will be all touring London proper and enjoying a trip to Manchester to visit Mark and Mandy. Having 2 grandchildren now is also a reason for her to decline at this time. Give us a couple of years and we will be there for an extended visit.

Edited by husky71

Look forward to meeting you Howard, along with many others I didn't get to meet last time.

Which reminds me, is John Tickle going again ? :D

Look forward to meeting you Howard, along with many others I didn't get to meet last time.

Which reminds me, is John Tickle going again ? :D

He should be, but he got engaged last month so his priorities may change :)

My son Ben is contemplating possibly bringing his golf clubs and spending 1 morning trying out a course in London somewhere close to Wembley Stadium. If anyone here plays golf and would be interested in playing a round with him on either that Friday or Saturday morning, please let me know. Reply here, send me a PM or e-mail me. I don't play golf so I'll need someone to hang with while he is playing.

Edited by husky71

Hope you are planning coming on the Jags RT2 in the autumn, the TPC is only a short taxi ride outside Jacksonville.

And he can always use the driver to club to death a gator if it lying next to your ball.

Unfortunately not. I had to make her a promise in 2009 that the next time she and I go to the UK (and she does want to return) it has to have nothing do with sports. it will be all touring London proper and enjoying a trip to Manchester to visit Mark and Mandy. Having 2 grandchildren now is also a reason for her to decline at this time. Give us a couple of years and we will be there for an extended visit.

If you're going to Manchester it's just a reasonably short hop to Cheltenham and the Cotswolds. Pam and I would love to have you stay for a couple of days.

Just bringing an earler post to current. Any takers?

My son Ben is contemplating possibly bringing his golf clubs and spending 1 morning trying out a course in London somewhere close to Wembley Stadium. If anyone here plays golf and would be interested in playing a round with him on either that Friday or Saturday morning, please let me know. Reply here, send me a PM or e-mail me. I don't play golf so I'll need someone to hang with while he is playing.

Just bringing an earler post to current. Any takers?

Howie, it's 9 months away - might be a bit early for people to start planning golf and such :)

FWIW, flights are booked, hotel is booked.

Just wondering if it would pay to rent a car, take a taxi or maybe have someone from UKPatriots pick us up at Heathrow to take us to our hotel (for a modest fee ;), of course).

Edited by husky71

FWIW, flights are booked, hotel is booked.

Just wondering if it would pay to rent a car, take a taxi or maybe have someone from UKPatriots pick us up at Heathrow to take us to our hotel (for a modest fee ;), of course).

Sort yourselves out an Oyster card each Howard. If it's anything like last time, there will be a fair bit of travelling around to be done over the long weekend, you can use them on both the tube and the buses, and the tube does extend out to Heathrow. Guarantees you the cheapest fares too.

https://oyster.tfl.gov.uk/oyster/entry.do

Hopefully this link will work for you

Sort yourselves out an Oyster card each Howard. If it's anything like last time, there will be a fair bit of travelling around to be done over the long weekend, you can use them on both the tube and the buses, and the tube does extend out to Heathrow. Guarantees you the cheapest fares too.

https://oyster.tfl.g...oyster/entry.do

Hopefully this link will work for you

I still have the Oyster cards my wife and I used in 2009. I just have to replenish them once we get to London.

So what is so special about the club Wembley tickets and are they worth it?

So what is so special about the club Wembley tickets and are they worth it?

I'ts a middle tier in the stadium who have their own beer, merchandise and food stands to avoid the sanme hustle and bustle the res of us do. There are premium club seats too which are even better.

I would have said that they aren't really that much more worth it at their normal price (unless a padded seat means that much to you!) and you get as good a view/experience everywhere else. Club Wembley are reduced at £100 though so they've probably got a little better value for money this year around.

Premium Club are £149 I think. Pretty steep for those ones!

My personal advice...hang about for general sale/application for UKPats allocation. The beauty of Wembley Stadium is your truly do get a great view wherever you are.

My personal advice...hang about for general sale/application for UKPats allocation. The beauty of Wembley Stadium is your truly do get a great view wherever you are.

Must agree with this. Been there twice and had a great view both times and wernt even that close second time

Must agree with this. Been there twice and had a great view both times and wernt even that close second time

I've been to Wembley 5 times for different sporting events and sat all over the place....upper endzone at the back, upper corner, half way line, behind the goals in the lower area.....I genuinely can't fault any view that I've had.

Forgive my negativity but aren't the Patriots playing in the Super Bowl next week?

Let's forget Wembley for one week :)

id take a taxi. no point getting a car as quicker to get round london other ways once there

Have you ever caught a taxi from Heathrow? Daylight robbery. Heathrow Express into Paddington, then Oyster card to get around by tube, bus and train the rest of the time.

Howard; did you get along to the Bevis Marks Synagogue last time? Over 300 years old, and the oldest synagogue in the UK. It's a beautiful place.

Have you ever caught a taxi from Heathrow? Daylight robbery.

i meant from them options as there is no point renting a car really

Really? I think it's a horrible place to watch football. You're too far from the field, the video screens are second rate, you can barely read the scoreboard, and the acoustics are dreadful.

Have you ever caught a taxi from Heathrow? Daylight robbery. Heathrow Express into Paddington, then Oyster card to get around by tube, bus and train the rest of the time.

Because the Heathrow Express isn't daylight robbery...?

Howard; did you get along to the Bevis Marks Synagogue last time? Over 300 years old, and the oldest synagogue in the UK. It's a beautiful place.

No, I'm sure Ben would be interested as well. Thanks for the heads-up. I'll remember to do spome research about it.

So lets forget about the dissapointing SB loss and look forward to the patriots returning to Wembley on October 28,

Who's Excited??

I dont know where else to post this so I'll do it here (apology if its in the wrong place):

There are 6 of us going to the game but I bought 8 tickets.

Does anyone need 2 tickets? I will sell them at FACE VALUE and you will be sitting with us. I dont know how many people remember me, but my wife Stephanie and I flew from the states for the 2009 game and we went to the pre-game party the night before and met A LOT of you and made a lot of friends. We even went to the brunch thing the morning of the game and met even more of you. We have stayed in contact with a handful of the people we met on that weekend (Daniel Loghran, Jamie Roberts and others)

I say this so people know we arent some strangers trying to sell tickets to the game here. We had a group of 8 of us and a couple couldnt afford the trip so we are down to 6. Just wanted to throw that out there.

But Stephanie and I will be there again, and hoping to attend all pre-game parties like we did in 2009.