DG31

Patriots At Wembley 2012

I dont know where else to post this so I'll do it here (apology if its in the wrong place):

There are 6 of us going to the game but I bought 8 tickets.

Does anyone need 2 tickets? I will sell them at FACE VALUE and you will be sitting with us. I dont know how many people remember me, but my wife Stephanie and I flew from the states for the 2009 game and we went to the pre-game party the night before and met A LOT of you and made a lot of friends. We even went to the brunch thing the morning of the game and met even more of you. We have stayed in contact with a handful of the people we met on that weekend (Daniel Loghran, Jamie Roberts and others)

I say this so people know we arent some strangers trying to sell tickets to the game here. We had a group of 8 of us and a couple couldnt afford the trip so we are down to 6. Just wanted to throw that out there.

But Stephanie and I will be there again, and hoping to attend all pre-game parties like we did in 2009.

My dad and I have our tickets already sorted, but I suspect that any members in need of tickets would like to know where the seats are located, would it be at all possible to post these details. Also the face value of the tickets might come in handy too for anyone looking to buy.

Guest dave45

I still have the Oyster cards my wife and I used in 2009. I just have to replenish them once we get to London.

That's a coincidence, I still have the Charlie Card I used the last time I was in Boston. I guess it is still good to use next time I visit

Websites are useless so thought id ask you guys. Whats better for us to get if we are in london from friday - monday and staying in section 6 on the tube route map. Oyster or travelcards? Cheers

Oyster card. Easiest and cheapest. Can top up online or at stations and keep it for any future trips to London. Works on buses also.

That's a coincidence, I still have the Charlie Card I used the last time I was in Boston. I guess it is still good to use next time I visit

I believe the Charlie card expires after a year.

My dad and I have our tickets already sorted, but I suspect that any members in need of tickets would like to know where the seats are located, would it be at all possible to post these details. Also the face value of the tickets might come in handy too for anyone looking to buy.

Section

BK 537

Row

Seats

328 - 321

Hey Brian that's so awesome that you've been to 2 SBs..... Also read your profile... Really interesting! :)

Hey Brian that's so awesome that you've been to 2 SBs..... Also read your profile... Really interesting! :)

Hey thanks!!

Do you know if cameras and video cameras are allowed in the stadium during the game? Nothing too fancy, a small compact camera and maybe a video camera, if I manage to buy one before the game.

Guest dave45

I believe the Charlie card expires after a year.

Damn, I still had $2.50 on it. I guess that's the last I will see of that money :angry:

:lol:

Do you know if cameras and video cameras are allowed in the stadium during the game? Nothing too fancy, a small compact camera and maybe a video camera, if I manage to buy one before the game.

video not sure but guess u can film on iphone etc nowadays so cant take them off everyone. small cameras are ok

Almost certain video cameras are not allowed and you can get chucked out.

Compact cameras are fine. It's the professional ones with the big zoom lenses that they won't allow.

If nothing is being planned Friday night, would anyone be interested in a pub crawl? I posted the idea on our Patriots Tailgate Facebook London event and it looks like we already have a handful of people interested. We're all American however so I was thinking that it would work great if a local familiar with the London pubs could guide us so that we stop at some fun, historic or interesting places as well as maybe a mini-walking tour in between each stop.

Let me know if you are familiar with the London bars and would be interesting in leading this outing. Also feel free to join our group and we can discuss it further there.

https://www.facebook.../groups/PatsTG/

Edited by socal bong

Tickets for the International series finally arrived, thank god for that, WEMBLEY here we come.

Hello

Hope the weather on October 28th is going to be better than the weather we are expecting

this Sunday for the game versus the Broncos - rain and temperatures not getting out of

the fifties and the game starts at 4:25PM Eastern

Hello

Hope the weather on October 28th is going to be better than the weather we are expecting

this Sunday for the game versus the Broncos - rain and temperatures not getting out of

Sorry for the stupid question, but... is the Wembley stadium covered? LOL

Hello

Sorry for the stupid question, but... is the Wembley stadium covered? LOL

The seats are covered and it has a sliding roof, but it does not close completely. The roof is about the sunlight reaching the grass rather than shielding it from the elements. Some seats will still get wet depending on the wind.

Quite hilariously at the Olympics QF at Wembley this year (Mexico v Senegal) the row in front of me got absolutely soaked while we were bone dry! With the first ten or so rows being covered because of teams standing on the sidelines, it's highly unlikely any area will get a soaking even with some rain and wind.

We all remember the first Wembley game in 2007 - known as the mud bowl.

England's poor performances were then all blamed on the poor quality of the pitch after the football........ but given that it was Miami in their 1-15 season, you would have thought with all that S**t being spread on it, it would have been in a better condition.

Getting from Wembley after the game. I'd like to avoid the mass of bodies getting to the tube after the game.

Someone mentioned (I can't find the post) taking the Chiltern Railway from Wembley to Marylebone.

Is the Chiltern Railway part of National Rail? I notice both make a stop at Wembley and then 16 mins to Marylebone.

Do they share the same tracks and stations?

It appears that the railway station is located near Wembley but not on the tube line. Is that true? If so, how far away is it and are the tube and railway stations in different directions?

Would they take an Oyster card? I still have an Oyster Card from two years ago, do expire after a period ot time?

Thanks in advance for any information.

Guest sanj2000

Oyster map :

http://www.projectmapping.co.uk/Reviews/Resources/oyster-rail-services-map%2028.pdf

I think some Oyster cards expire if you don''t use them at least once a year, but if you have a "visitor Oyster", thecredit might stay on there forever. Am not 100% sure, though.

Chiltern Rail (yes, part of National Rail) tracks are concurrent to the Metropolitan line tracks, and you can use Oyster on any of the services shown on the map - including Chiltern Rail which stops at Wembley Central; the trains, though are only 2 carriages, from what I remember, so they will have limited capacity - but maybe less people will get on at Wembley Stadium station? Their timetable for 28 Oct ("Special Event") shows a train to Marylebone every ~15 minutes in the evening :

http://www.chilternrailways.co.uk/tickets-and-times/changes#

The wembley stadium station is nearer to the stadium than Wembley Central :

&searchp=ids.srf&mapp=map.srf"]http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=518335&y=184643&z=120&sv=wembley&st=3&tl=Map+of+Wembley+Central+Station,+Greater+London+[station]&searchp=ids.srf&mapp=map.srf

Will you be staying near Marylebone for your visit? Will your hotel be nearby?

If I ever get to Gillette, I will be asking you similar questions!!

My experience is that the police funnel everyone into Wembley Park Station so going Chiltern is no better at getting on a train quicker than the Metropolitan Line. Chiltern Line takes you to Marylebone and is one train an hour. Metropolitan Line takes you to Baker Street every 4 minutes.

I used to live in Wembley and Harrow so one year we went north to Harrow but we still had to queue with all the people going south back to London so gained nothing.

Alternatives are walk to Wembley Central (20 minutes) or Stonebridge Park (30 minutes) which puts you on trains into Euston

Sanj2000 - you are not 100% correct. Wembley Central is not Chiltern Rail as it is the line from Euston to Watford Junction and doubles as the Bakerloo line.

There is also Wembley Stadium Station which is Chiltern Line into Marylebone station. But at the moment they are only showing trains at 20:28 (pray is a quick game) or 21:37 (pray for OT) or 22:39 (pray you are still sober enough after spending that long in the pub after the game)

Oyster map :

http://www.projectma...es-map%2028.pdf

I think some Oyster cards expire if you don''t use them at least once a year, but if you have a "visitor Oyster", thecredit might stay on there forever. Am not 100% sure, though.

Chiltern Rail (yes, part of National Rail) tracks are concurrent to the Metropolitan line tracks, and you can use Oyster on any of the services shown on the map - including Chiltern Rail which stops at Wembley Central; the trains, though are only 2 carriages, from what I remember, so they will have limited capacity - but maybe less people will get on at Wembley Stadium station? Their timetable for 28 Oct ("Special Event") shows a train to Marylebone every ~15 minutes in the evening :

http://www.chilternr...d-times/changes#

The wembley stadium station is nearer to the stadium than Wembley Central :

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=518335&y=184643&z=120&sv=wembley&st=3&tl=Map+of+Wembley+Central+Station,+Greater+London+[station]&searchp=ids.srf&mapp=map.srf

Will you be staying near Marylebone for your visit? Will your hotel be nearby?

If I ever get to Gillette, I will be asking you similar questions!!

Sanj, thatnks for the info.

When you come to Boston, I'll return the favor

And we are staying in Fitzrovia.

I didn't know there were two types of Oyster cards, one for locals and one for visitors. I know there was money on one of them, I guess I'll find out if I can use it when we get there.

My experience is that the police funnel everyone into Wembley Park Station so going Chiltern is no better at getting on a train quicker than the Metropolitan Line. Chiltern Line takes you to Marylebone and is one train an hour. Metropolitan Line takes you to Baker Street every 4 minutes.

Alternatives are walk to Wembley Central (20 minutes) or Stonebridge Park (30 minutes) which puts you on trains into Euston

Thanks Paul

I seem to recall (from 2009) that it took well over 30 minutes to get from the stadium to actually sitting or standing on the train back into London in 2009 and that everyone was sort of funneled down that Wembley walkway to the tube station. Not being familiar with area, I didn't feel like exploring at that hour. I'll just plan on the tube for now.

I normally use the Chiltern line (from Wembley Stadium station) whenever I head to Wembley (Park at Beaconsfield usually and train in). They run additional trains on event days, every 10-15mins approx and formed of 5-6 carriages +. Probably quicker to get to central London than join the masses heading to Wembley Park.

Wembley Park - Tube, Metropolitan and Jubilee lines, short walk north of the stadium but gets VERY busy during an event.

Wembley Stadium - National Rail (Chiltern), directly south of the stadium, also busy but from my experience not as bad as Park.

Wembley Central - Bakerloo line tube and National rail, 20 minute walk West.

Without wishing to sound like a big girl, and I'm going to sound like a big girl, am I the only one who is already thinking what to wear for the game? We are so fortunate to have them back in the UK and this will only be my third time seeing the team I've followed since Superbowl XX and I'm so excited. Everytime I go to a Pats game I have a choice of around 30 or so shirts to wear. I think I'm narrowing it down to my first ever Pats Jersey which is a 1985 Grogon in Red or my current favourite which is Woodhead throwback. Maybe I'll have a costume change each period.

Love,

Big Girl

Guest sanj2000

Mark (aka Big Girl) - have you even considered what shoes you you will be wearing? Choice of 30 tshirts?! That is a lot - I have a choice of 1 Pats t shirt, along with 1 Pats fleece - makes choosing what to wear a tad easier.

:-)

Edited by sanj2000

Without wishing to sound like a big girl, and I'm going to sound like a big girl, am I the only one who is already thinking what to wear for the game? We are so fortunate to have them back in the UK and this will only be my third time seeing the team I've followed since Superbowl XX and I'm so excited. Everytime I go to a Pats game I have a choice of around 30 or so shirts to wear. I think I'm narrowing it down to my first ever Pats Jersey which is a 1985 Grogon in Red or my current favourite which is Woodhead throwback. Maybe I'll have a costume change each period.

Love,

Big Girl

You might want to reconsider offering up a potential nickname at this early stage of your tenure with UKP. Those things tend to stay with you for a looooooong time!!

To complete the 'look' you should invest in a personalised Patriots game shirt with 'Big Girl' emblazoned across the back! At least you'd stand out from the rest of us. :lol:

To complete the 'look' you should invest in a personalised Patriots game shirt with 'Big Girl' emblazoned across the back! At least you'd stand out from the rest of us. :lol:

Should you do as suggested try not to get arrested. The irony may be lost on your cellmates!!

Love,

Big Girl

You might want to reconsider offering up a potential nickname at this early stage of your tenure with UKP. Those things tend to stay with you for a looooooong time!!

:D

Interesting sub topic here.

Who else thinks wearing "Brady 12" is not cool?

Anyone who has jumped on the Pats bandwagon and got a shirt will go for Brady - whereas the rest have Woodhead, Gronk, Faulk, Brown, Bledsoe, Welker and the less famous but just as vital players. Am I just being too tough?

I don't particularly like the term bandwagon fan. I don't care when you become a member of Pats nation. I don't care for your reasons for picking the Pats. All that matter is you saw the light and you chose the Patriots. So long as you stay a Pats fan for life then why does it matter how, why or when you became a fan? Also, it's particularly difficult to get a jersey in this country that is not Brady, Welker or Mayo.

When I was in Foxboro in the summer there were a lot of very cheap 2011/2012 85 shirts. Out of the current team I have 12,39 and 83 shirt. Wouldn't mind picking up a 81 in London.

I don't particularly like the term bandwagon fan. I don't care when you become a member of Pats nation. I don't care for your reasons for picking the Pats. All that matter is you saw the light and you chose the Patriots. So long as you stay a Pats fan for life then why does it matter how, why or when you became a fan? Also, it's particularly difficult to get a jersey in this country that is not Brady, Welker or Mayo.

Well that put me in my place!

I don't mind using Wembley Park station at all, even after football games when you have at 45,000 people leaving with you. If you're quick on your feet and stick to either side (as in right to the fence/wall/stalls) of Wembley Way you'll beat 90% of the people leaving the stadium at the same time.

Alternative is to go for a pint and kill half an hour after the game!

I been thinking about which jersey! Brady (H,A and Throwback), Gronk (Home) or Tippett M&N Throwback! Probably go with TB Away, seeing as the team will be in white (I would have thought).

Anyone who has jumped on the Pats bandwagon and got a shirt will go for Brady - whereas the rest have Woodhead, Gronk, Faulk, Brown, Bledsoe, Welker and the less famous but just as vital players. Am I just being too tough?

I must admit that I enjoy jersey spotting. The more obscure the better.

I'm a huge basketball fan, so I'm hoping to see a Karim Abdul-Jabbar 33 Dolphins jersey at Wembley :lol:

A Brock Lesnar 69 Vikings jersey would also be pretty cool to see in person.

:lol: Wasn't having a go at you in particular. Certainly didn't mean to put you in your place. It's just a pet hate of mine. Despite what a certain Sugar Bear might say, it should not be held against people if they weren't around to support the Patriots since the 80's.

I'm a huge basketball fan, so I'm hoping to see a Karim Abdul-Jabbar 33 Dolphins jersey at Wembley :lol:

You mean you haven't got either of those already in your collection from when you followed those teams James? :lol:

I think seeing a Jags jersey is still rare! No matter what player it is! Usually the only jersey I don't see!

I do remember last year a group of lads standing around heckling everyone depending on their jerseys! Most Pats fans got the usual 'bought your cameras?' shouted at them!

:lol: Wasn't having a go at you in particular. Certainly didn't mean to put you in your place. It's just a pet hate of mine. Despite what a certain Sugar Bear might say, it should not be held against people if they weren't around to support the Patriots since the 80's.

Especially if you weren't even a twinkle in your fathers eye back then ;)

You mean you haven't got either of those already in your collection from when you follwed those teams James? :lol:

My Muslim athlete jersey collection is pretty sparse. I have a lone Shareef Abdur-Rahim Vancouver Grizzlies jersey in my collection.

Nothing wrong with a Brady jersey! They are common, but he has been the face of the team for the last 10 years!

I think Welker though is also in that top tier choice for new fans. He has over 100 receptions in 4 of 5 years and led the league in 3 of those years, he has been the go to guy for 5 years now!

If you're trying not to go with the herd, I would choose a more unsung hero than the other ones you mentioned. The other players you mentioned in their day were always known for their qualities and in Foxboro you know as well as me you see a wide range including all the names mentioned, but still a lot of 12's!

Expect to see a lot of Gronk jerseys too as he will be a beast for years to come, and an obvious for choice for any new fans who were introduced to the game the last 2 years.

I think Andy had it right idea in Foxoboro when he got the least common choice Ive ever seen was a Mesko jersey!

Myself, I have 2 Brady (home/white throwback), 3 Welker (white/navy/all star), and a now funny looking #85 Hernandez in white!

My next one will deffo be my new favourite player. Chandler Jones! Now he will be a beast in the NFL, amd could well turn out be the best defensive player taken in the draft this year. Not to mention he is UFC LHW champ, Jonny Bones Jones' brother. And I love him too, so its a natural choice! Chandler also messaged me back on Twitter a couple of months back too, then RT'ed me! :D

i´ve a randy moss jersey:-))) was the first i was able to get:-))) So time for a new one. Hope they bring everything along to the shops. And for my girlfriend i need Baltimore fan stuff, Yeah i know, but it´s her only fault...

I been thinking about which jersey! Brady (H,A and Throwback), Gronk (Home) or Tippett M&N Throwback! Probably go with TB Away, seeing as the team will be in white (I would have thought).

I'd love to see the team play in their throwback Jerseys, that is a real dream. Sadly I was too young to organise my own independent travel in the pat the patriot days, In the 80s and late 90s I relied on family trips to Flordia and always ended up seeing the Bucs (my second favourite).