Stumaloo

Where Are You Staying For The London Game ?

Thought since we have 400 threads about Wembley id start another one ;)

This time though i thought it would be good to see where everyone has booked and how much it cost etc to maybe help give each other some ideas etc .

Myself and 3 of my friends will be staying in the Best Western Cumberland hotel (for the 3rd time) . We were able to get a single room each @ £50 each per night . Thought this was very good for single rooms but you have to either do it online or if your phoning tell them about the Sunday Saver Break as they will not mention this and try and charge you thier great price of £60 per night . Sunday Saver works out at £66 for the first night and £33 for the 2nd night .

Get booking your hotel ASAP as they are filling up everywhere and let us know if you get a great deal etc .

WEMBLEY BABY!!!!!!!!!!!

Ibis Wembley - Friday to Sunday. Overlooks the stadium and you can get in/out of the centre of town in 15 minutes via Baker Street. Was £50 a night for a double room...may have increased now.

When I looked at the Ibis a couple of days ago it was fully booked, no rooms available on the 28th, now there's a surprise!

I'm not sure where I'll be staying as yet.

Guest Keithj

We're going back to the Comfort Hotel, Harrow, that we used last time. We've booked a double room, including breakfast, for three nights - Friday-Sunday - for £177. It's about a ten-minute walk to the Tube so access to and from London and the game will be a doddle.

Keith

Double room at the Wembley Plaza for me and my boy Saturday and Sunday night. Booked it last Friday minutes after the announcement and price was £104 a night!!!! Bit the bullet and booked because everywhere was filling up fast. It wouldve been about £40 cheaper with a no cancellation clause but as there's no guarantee of tickets thought i'd err on the side of caution.

Not booked anything yet.

Last time I stayed at the Ellysee in the city.

Can't even remember where that was now exactly, except it was near Paddington Station.

Might go for the Hilton this time.

We are at the Ibis Wembley for Fri, Sat & Sun, it was £192 for 3 nights with open cancellation which I did because they had not made the announcement yet. I booked 'just in case' :D So glad I did now. We stayed there last time and it was fab on gameday because we went and bought all our stuff at the stadium and dropped it off at the room right before gametime :-)

Go Pats :P

Guest ruth spinney

Ibis it is. Cheapest price out there in the Wembley area with open cancellation like UKpatsfan said. Just the Sunday night for me though, working Saturday and Tuesday :( but managed to beg the Sunday off with my manager :D

Ooh this is getting even more exciting, if that's possible!

We are at the Ibis Wembley for Fri, Sat & Sun, it was £192 for 3 nights with open cancellation which I did because they had not made the announcement yet. I booked 'just in case' :D So glad I did now. We stayed there last time and it was fab on gameday because we went and bought all our stuff at the stadium and dropped it off at the room right before gametime :-)

Go Pats :P

It was worth it not to have to get on that bloody train afterwards! As well as the very decent English breakfast at the cafe round the corner and its celeb-spotting opportunities. (OK, so when I say celeb I only mean NIck Halling but whatever.... :lol: )

Probably Marylebone Travellodge. A couple of mates who i've slowly been grooming into NFL and Patriot fans are interested in coming and we're probably make a weekend of it.

staying at home and coming up Sunday lunchtime as only in Brizzle :) aiming to get there before 1645 which is what my mother managed in '09!

Ben and i are staying at the Wembley Plaza. We got a cancellable AAA rate of 89GBP for a Twin Room.

Boy, you all plan way ahead of time! I wish I could book somewhere, but I still need to find a place to live! Hopefully I will be living somewhere that is easy to get to by train and not far from London then so it won't be a pain.

Ben and i are staying at the Wembley Plaza. We got a cancellable AAA rate of 89GBP for a Twin Room.

Hurrah, fellow UKPatsfan at the Plaza!

Im not to sure whether to book a place or not. Thing is i got no guarentee i will get a ticket from anywhere and is it worth staying afterwards as if not i can get train home

Either the Wembley Plazza or Ibis Wembley (all rooms at both hotels booked November last year & can be cancelled without penalty). Where we stay will depend on if I can convince Mrs PatsFanUK to come with us or not...

Edited by Patsfanuk

Ibis Wembley now quoting £240 for two people for two nights, no breakfast, no cancellation.

Plaza wanted £180/person :wacko:

Edited by Ratser

Guest scurry

Hi guys, can someone help me out regarding parking at Wembley Ibis and Wembley Plaza - is there any and how much does it cost per night?

Stayed at Park Royal Travelodge last time but would like to stay close to Wembley this time so not to have to worry about the hassle of getting back after the game so any advice on where to stay would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by scurry

Haven't booked yet. I usually stay near Paddington when visiting.

Was looking at Ibis from Friday to Monday prices from £93 to 106 per night for 2 persons. I've never been to Wembley or that part of the city before. Looking at google maps and tube map it seems a little far away from the center. What's the area like? Any good not to expensive restaurants ect?

Btw are there any good NFL merchandise stores in London?

Hi guys, can someone help me out regarding parking at Wembley Ibis and Wembley Plaza - is there any and how much does it cost per night?

Thanks

Both have car parking, but they do charge. I can't remember exactly how much but the Ibis is something like £8 per day and I think the Plaza is a little more. The Ibis uses the multi story car park inbetween the Plaza and the stadium, you have to pay the hotel on arrival and they give you a pass for the car park. I think the Plaza has it's own car park out the front? You are best checking the respective hotels websites or give them a call for accurate informantion.

If you chose to stay at either they are almost perfect location for the stadium.

Btw are there any good NFL merchandise stores in London?

Not really. You should be able to get the odd generic item from Footlocker on Oxford Street and Soccer Scene at Covent Garden. There are also merchandise stands at Wembley, but you can buy virtually anything you can imagine on ebay.com. There are quite a few American sellers that ship Worldwide.

Edited by The Pats

Is it just me or do very few of our members live in London?

You're quite correct, very few of our members do live in "that London" :D

Also, just booked Travelodge at Marylebone, 4 nights fully flexible £300.

Working on the basis that there will probably be something going on in or around the centre on other nights, then just jump on Chiltern Trains, 1 stop to Wembley on game day. Staying on in London to go to a show on the Monday is another reason for looking more central.

Last time we stayed near Paddington. We booked air and hotel together thru BA and saved money. We took the train to Wembley with no issues.

I know its London and not a lot is cheap but does anyone know anywhere reasonably priced on the Saturday night that's not hours away? cheers guys

Where's London ?

You should probably make sure you know before a) a week on Sunday and B) late October.... ;)

I know its London and not a lot is cheap but does anyone know anywhere reasonably priced on the Saturday night that's not hours away? cheers guys

You can stay anywhere along the Metropolitan or Jubilee lines in London and it's incredibly easy to get there via tube.

Has anyone asked the venues they are staying at if they would consider a group rate? Most places will do this to guarantee rooms being sold, especially on a weekend. P.S. Monday the 29th is a full moon. Expect crazies.

Has anyone asked the venues they are staying at if they would consider a group rate? Most places will do this to guarantee rooms being sold, especially on a weekend. P.S. Monday the 29th is a full moon. Expect crazies.

An event weekend like this at Wembley will guarantee that the local places sell out anyway - they may already have sold out.

An event weekend like this at Wembley will guarantee that the local places sell out anyway - they may already have sold out.

Has anyone actually found that any particular hotels are already sold out aside from the Ibis which is sold out on 10/27? I still see plenty of hotel options but as this will be my first trip to London I'm trying to figure out a good location for convenience in seeing the sights over 5-6 days, so probably not so close to Wembley.

Guest Keithj

The Tube is by far the best way to move around London. We're staying out beyond Wembley, at Harrow on the Hill, but we're no more than 40 minutes from central London via the Metropolitan Line.

Investigate the 'Oyster' card. This is a card you charge up and swipe as you enter and leave the stations. The system calculates the cheapest fare and deducts it from the card. It's also usable on London buses and some 'normal' trains within the Greater London area. It's a Godsend.

Keith

Has anyone actually found that any particular hotels are already sold out aside from the Ibis which is sold out on 10/27? I still see plenty of hotel options but as this will be my first trip to London I'm trying to figure out a good location for convenience in seeing the sights over 5-6 days, so probably not so close to Wembley.

From my limited experience (my wife and I went to London in 2009 and my son and I are going this year) and also from the states (Massachusetts), your ability to get around the city by bus, taxi or tube is really quite easy.

See this website for many of your questions being answered: http://www.visitlondon.com/ Great website. Enjoy your trip.

Edited by husky71

Staying up for the long weekend...not sure whether to get near wembley and travel into the city or stay in the city and travel to wembley. Guessing its around 30 mins on the tube or bus from say Marble Arch end of Oxfor street? Annoying because I saw Hilton Wembley @ £55 a triple room on my companies rates! All gone now!

The Tube is by far the best way to move around London.

The tube sucks! It's slooooow, and expensive. For most inner London trips it's easier, cheaper and more enjoyable to just walk. Or take a "Boris bike" - £1 for a whole day (if each journey is < 30 mins).

Staying up for the long weekend...not sure whether to get near wembley and travel into the city or stay in the city and travel to wembley.

Stay in London, not Wembley. Definately worth it, even if the post-game journey is a little longer. There are loads of cheap hotels around Bloomsbury (just don't expect anything too posh).

I will be staying at Chez Dave45. Living in London has its advantages :P

Does Chez Dave45 have any rooms available. Ben and I have a cancellable reservation at the Wembley Plaza. ;)

Guest dave45

Does Chez Dave45 have any rooms available. Ben and I have a cancellable reservation at the Wembley Plaza. ;)

Howard, if our house was large enough then it would be a "yes". Alas there's barely enough room to swing a cat (not that I swing cats, of course). :unsure:

I will be staying at Chez Dave45. Living in London has its advantages :P

I was living 10mins walk from Hillingdon station last time around, bit further away now :(

The tube sucks! It's slooooow, and expensive.

Slow maybe, expensive? Not for me; 3 or 4 quid, can't remember exactly, gets me a day ticket unlimited journeys on the whole of the system.

Slow maybe, expensive? Not for me; 3 or 4 quid, can't remember exactly, gets me a day ticket unlimited journeys on the whole of the system.

£7 off peak these days Ted.

The other plus points though are, you aren't having to do the leg work and it's usually dry (often a big plus with the weather we get) :)

Had a look at the costs at one of the "Boris Bike" points whilst in London for SB Party £150 late return penalty, £300 damage penalty were two that stuck out.

Guest Keithj

SS makes fair points for anyone who knows London or visits certain areas regularly but I'd still argue the Tube is best for people who don't know their way around. You know where you'll end up with the help of an A-Z, which you can't say even with the buses, and I'd be chary of riding my BMW K1200LT 'bike in London with its aggressive driving, never mind a push-bike!. I got an Oyster card last time and haven't regretted the convenience it brings but, as we only go to The Smoke two or three times a year, it's the Tube for us every time. For all its perceived faults, it's very convenient.

Keith

Guest dave45

The tube system is actually envied by other countries that wish that their capitals metro system was a good as ours. Not that ours is that good, but work continues on it, as anyone that has tried getting around London during a weekend will tell you. But, with the olympics coming up, pressure is on to sort the system out in time for the olympics. Don't know if they will fix it all in time, but a knock on effect should be a better tube system in time for the Wembley game. We will have to see.