Stumaloo

Where Are You Staying For The London Game ?

Staying at the Marriott Regents Park. Booked thru Thomson travel. It's me and my 3 "mates" as you guys call them coming over. For 3 of us its a first time to London, for the 4th he grew up in England until 12 then moved to Massachusetts. I keep telling him he will act as our translator between our accents. Thanks

Only a few weeks to go until the game versus the Rams. We leave Logan Airport in Boston on Tuesday evening

arriving in London early Wednesday morning - we also are staying at Millennium Baileys Hotel and look forward

to meeting up with all the UK Pats fans!!! Now lets beat those Broncos!

I left booking a hotel really late again but I'll be at the Battersea Travelodge near to Clapham Junction. It's perfect for getting a direct train back home than navigating through the underground in rush hour on Monday morning.

Kensington Close, From Friday till moday. Love this place, 100 meters from the metro:_)) Always stay here for my londontrips

Hey Guys,

Can't believe this is almost finally here!!!!

We (me and my buddy) arrive Friday AM and will be staying at the St. Pancras Renaissance London Hotel.

Close to the Cafe and the Square.

Hope to meet as many of you as possible.

See you soon,

Rich

I am arriving on 25th and spending the night in the country w friends. then Friday night with other friends in London.

Saturday/Sunday nights at Hotel Olympia Earls Court. Cheap and Cheerful- haha

Fly out from City airport monday afternoon

I wasn't going to stay over,but going to the Saturday night UKPatriots gig at the sports bar Haymarket, so just booked a night at the Stonebridge Wembley Travel Lodge for £31 notes lovely jubley and it's on the Bakerloo line,or if anyone else is staying here,we can jump in a cab!

Edited by rob@foxboro

We are staying at the Marylebone travelodge. There are 5 of us going and it's only costing us £45 each for the night, and there is the sports bar right across the road that stays open for the Sunday night games. There were even some of the cheerleaders in there last year after the game.

We are staying at the Marylebone travelodge. There are 5 of us going and it's only costing us £45 each for the night, and there is the sports bar right across the road that stays open for the Sunday night games. There were even some of the cheerleaders in there last year after the game.

I believe that is the Marylebone Sports Bar & Grill...we've had a couple of our UKPatriots Super Bowl parties there! Also I know there was a meet up there for one of the Thanksgiving Thursdays too! Nice bar, great TVs in there.

I believe that is the Marylebone Sports Bar & Grill...we've had a couple of our UKPatriots Super Bowl parties there! Also I know there was a meet up there for one of the Thanksgiving Thursdays too! Nice bar, great TVs in there.

Last year was the first time we had found it, had a great time on both the Saturday and on the Sunday. They even had some comedians on between the games on the Sunday which added to the entertainment.

I wasn't going to stay over,but going to the Saturday night UKPatriots gig at the sports bar Haymarket, so just booked a night at the Stonebridge Wembley Travel Lodge for £31 notes lovely jubley and it's on the Bakerloo line,or if anyone else is staying here,we can jump in a cab!

Thanks for the heads up! Cancelled my reservation I had down Elephant & Castle and booked this instead! Half the price we were going to pay. Train is probably the cheaper option to get back after Saturday, will already have the passes too!

Thanks for the heads up! Cancelled my reservation I had down Elephant & Castle and booked this instead! Half the price we were going to pay. Train is probably the cheaper option to get back after Saturday, will already have the passes too!

At the price Danny,you can't do much better than that,at this late stage!,and the Stadium is a spit away,did you book one night or two!

At the price Danny,you can't do much better than that,at this late stage!,and the Stadium is a spit away,did you book one night or two!

Booked 2 nights. Me and my friend will be staying.

Great,do you know of any more of us in here,still can't believe it was that cheap!

Great,do you know of any more of us in here,still can't believe it was that cheap!

Not just yet. But I know Chris (UTCIAD) was still looking to book his hotel. If he sees this they might still have that rate! It is very cheap, 15 pound each a night. Can't complain with that!

Not just yet. But I know Chris (UTCIAD) was still looking to book his hotel. If he sees this they might still have that rate! It is very cheap, 15 pound each a night. Can't complain with that!

We've booked our hotel, but staying out in North Finchley ....although at £31 a night would've been very tempting and our hotel did have a free cancelation. However it seems to be coming up a £75 a night at the moment.

As i said earlier i am staying at the ibis wembley, i was thinking about travel to and from the party and any other events we could pool knowlege and funds and with saftey in numbers it could be gd to swap numbers and names. we did this last time when we stayed at the green man and it worked out great.

Pm if you want to create a hotels close to wembley group.

We've booked our hotel, but staying out in North Finchley ....although at £31 a night would've been very tempting and our hotel did have a free cancelation. However it seems to be coming up a £75 a night at the moment.

Just had another look,and the price has gone up for a twin room to £66 saver rate. But still cheaper than down Town!

As i said earlier i am staying at the ibis wembley, i was thinking about travel to and from the party and any other events we could pool knowlege and funds and with saftey in numbers it could be gd to swap numbers and names. we did this last time when we stayed at the green man and it worked out great.

Pm if you want to create a hotels close to wembley group.

Could be a good shout! sort it next week,your Ibis is one mile from our travel lodge,i have stayed there before.

I'm going to be downtown a lot, so I think the bakerloo line will serve me and my friend well rather than pooling taxis, though it is a good cost saver if everyone has the same plans or places to go/times to leave etc.

I'm going to be downtown a lot, so I think the bakerloo line will serve me and my friend well rather than pooling taxis, though it is a good cost saver if everyone has the same plans or places to go/times to leave etc.

Oyster cards are also valid on the Chiltern Railways line from Marylebone to Wembley Stadium Station.

It's quicker than Bakerloo to Stonebridge Park or Wembly Central as there are no stops.

You would have to walk a bit further to your hotel at the other end though Danny, but that shouldn't be a problem for a young lad like you.

I am arriving on thursday 25 October by train from The Netherlands and I will be staying at the Howard Winchester Hotel close to King's Cross/St. Pancras. That is also the train station where my train arrives and departs. I am leaving on monday 29 October.

Me too,spending most of my time down the Town, will get a one day travel card, from near to my hotel,then getting to Hyde Park for the Flag game,then maybe to Traffalgar Square for NFL thing, then back to the hotel for a shower and a chil, before heading back to the Party for the rest of the evening,i think though that the last tube from piccadilly Circus is around 11:45pm ish! i could be wrong on that score,if i am it could have to be a taxi back to the hotel,although to be honest 11:45pm may be enough for me after a grueling Saturday! i need to be on it for Sunday!

Edited by rob@foxboro

I don't know if this has already been said, but on the Saturday, there is a lot of work on the tube and a lot of closures! So get used to some bus journeys :D

I think the Bakerloo Line is supposed to be the least effected of them all,as this is the last line for improvements ! but it's best to check it out on the Friday of the game weekend,

I know,that's what you call progress !

Guest sanj2000

On the TFL website, gameday is reasonably okay - Jubilee/Metropolitan aren't affected (Sat/Sun), so Wembley Park should be okay.

Did everyone else staying at the Wembley Plaza get an email recently explaining it had changed hands and is now longer a Hilton hotel? All reservations will be honoured.

It appears it has been taken over by a company called Sojourn but their website has no other information: http://www.sojournhotels.co.uk/

You probably know by now, but it is a Holiday Inn. Our reservations were honored. We will be there/

Did everyone else staying at the Wembley Plaza get an email recently explaining it had changed hands and is now longer a Hilton hotel? All reservations will be honoured.

It appears it has been taken over by a company called Sojourn but their website has no other information: http://www.sojournhotels.co.uk/

You probably know by now, but it is a Holiday Inn. Our reservations were honored. We will be there/

It will still be a very good hotel in a prime position, and from there it's just slight climb up the hill to the Green Man/Tailgate party. walked it many times.see you soon. :)

Edited by rob@foxboro

So there's going to be quite a few of us at the Plaza then.

Holiday Inn!

The building with the St. Georges cross on! Whatever it is called, im sure i'll bump into a few of you.

Guest dave45

As a denizen of West London, I will be staying at Chez Dave45.

But having read through this thread I can see many new names that weren't here in '09, so welcome to all of you and I look forward to meeting some of you during the weekend.

We are staying at the Mercure in Paddington. I'm not too familiar with London myself so have no idea where things are, but my Uncle who we are going with works in London a lot, so I'm sure he'll know where all of the places to go are!

Marlyebone travellodge Sat and Sunday night. Roll on next week

But having read through this thread I can see many new names that weren't here in '09, so welcome to all of you and I look forward to meeting some of you during the weekend.

I can't find Chez Dave45 on booking.com please help!

Guest dave45

You're not invited :D

Marlyebone travellodge Sat and Sunday night. Roll on next week

Nice one Andy, I'll be seeing you there then.

Staying Fri-Mon (West end show on the Monday, bit of bribery for her indoors) :D

You're not invited :D

That's alright, Chez El Russo has a pub underneath! ;)

Guest sanj2000

bostonfan - the tube is the best way to get to wembley on the Sunday. Wembley Park is the station you want, and is on the Jubilee (silver) line and also the Metropolitan (burgundy) line. Remember to get your Oyster card (from any tube station - £5 deposit) which you can use on buses and tubes, trains, trams, and DLR.