Kpatsk

Patriots Pre Game Party

Hello

Do the London Bookmakers like William Hill take action on the NFL games?

Thanks

I know Skybet does as thats one I use at times and after a quick check William Hill does too

Hello

Thanks

There wont be much you can't bet on across this side of the pond.

No faffing about trying to find an out of state bookie, in fact you'll struggle to find a High Street without one over here.

Guest stanleymorgan

Hello

Thanks

Talking of William Hill...I am definately going under 52 points for Sundays game against the Broncos. It looks like its going to be cold and wet which should push the onus back on the running game and with 2 good defences against the run thats looks too high to me.

Gentle reminder to stay on topic please, especially as we are pending announcements on the Saturday night. Please start another thread for this discussion if you want to continue

Doubt I'll be able to get any tickets! Shame really! My fault for using PatsFans more :(

You should be ok. We need to prioritise to make things fair...and easier for us to manage.

Cheers, but I would need 2 (one for my girlfriend) but I know that I can only have one, and I don't think I can leave her in the hotel for the night ;)

Thanks for all the information/replies.

Sorry for being off topic as there was a message that said that I could not start a new topic

so that is why I put it here - again sorry.

Thanks

ljg

Thanks for all the information/replies.

Sorry for being off topic as there was a message that said that I could not start a new topic

so that is why I put it here - again sorry.

Thanks

ljg

No apology needed - just trying to keep the comms clear as we run up to Wembley weekend.

Sounds like demand is going to far outweigh supply. Perhaps someone has suggestions of other places fans could congregate for those that don't get tickets and who are not familiar with London. It would still be nice to meet fellow compatriots prior to the game day festivities.

I agree. I am traveling with 3 friends for this. I know I haven't been on here long and understand I may qualify for only 1 ticket. If not then lets get a second group together and hang out. Perhaps us american patriots fans if we don't get it can be shown a great time by some locals.

Sounds great, I'd also be very interested in that!

Can anyone suggest some good bars, perhaps close to where this party will be?

Sounds like demand is going to far outweigh supply. Perhaps someone has suggestions of other places fans could congregate for those that don't get tickets and who are not familiar with London. It would still be nice to meet fellow compatriots prior to the game day festivities.

I agree. I am traveling with 3 friends for this. I know I haven't been on here long and understand I may qualify for only 1 ticket. If not then lets get a second group together and hang out. Perhaps us american patriots fans if we don't get it can be shown a great time by some locals.

Sounds great, I'd also be very interested in that!

Can't say of any specifically, but it's in Westminster, bang in the centre of London, so you shouldn't have too much difficulty finding some good pubs.

The reason why quite some people probably won't get any tickets for the pregame party is that they're from overseas or other parts of Europe and just haven't been involved in the UK fanbase so far. As those probably don't really know their way around, it might be a good idea if someone who knows London just names a good pub and time in the area of the official party for an alternete gathering for those who don't get tickets.

Thanks a lot, would be nice to meet some fans pre-game!

The Two Chairmen on Warwick House Street and The Tom Cribb on Panton Street are both worth a try. If you want a larger bar then Waxy O'Connor's on Rupert Street is probably the biggest Irish bar in London.

A warning that many West End pubs won't let you in if you're wearing "football colours". Obviously intended to prevent trouble between soccer fans, but some door staff may well include any sports jerseys in that description.

I'm away doing university visits this week.

First emails will go tonight.

You only qualify in one category each. No one qualifies fir 6 tickets!

Lets be clear about one thing .. The list is one of PRIORITY not ELIGIBILTY. No one has a right to a ticket. It will be first come first served in each category but no-one can demand ENTITLEMENT. We had enough of that crap in '09.

Can't say of any specifically, but it's in Westminster, bang in the centre of London, so you shouldn't have too much difficulty finding some good pubs.

It might say Westminster on Google Maps, but don't head there. Closer to Charing Cross/Trafalgar Square. There are lots of pubs near Piccadilly which it's close too.

I would like to meet up with any Pats fans that aren't lucky enough to get tickets for the "official" party at the Sports Cafe. Waxy O'Connor's on Rupert Street sounds good.

Waspie or any other local, are there any other large sports bars in the same general area?

Keep me updated with suggestions of good nearby pubs guys!

Guy please read SS message again. the list is a priority list. this doesnt mean you wont get it.

wait you maybe lucky

BTW UK doesnt do sports bars to our US friends commenting in this thread

Waspie or any other local, are there any other large sports bars in the same general area?

It's not a large sports bar, but I would recommend The Maple Leaf in Covent Garden if you want a little slice of home. It's a Canadian sports bar within walking distance of the sports cafe. There's not many bars I can think of in the same general area that televise North American sport.

http://www.matchpint.co.uk/view-the-maple-leaf-185

If you're not bothered about North American sport there are hundreds of bars in the same general area.

1. People who have bought Gameday tickets through the UKPatriots - 1 per ticket.

2. Full members who joined before 19th January 2012 (the date of the NFL announcement) - 2 per member.

3. UKP FCOR members and other selected FCOR groups - 1 per member.

4. "Full" members - 2 per member.

5. "Quiet" members who have introduced themselves to the UKP community, in order of join date - 1 per member

6. Other "Quiet" and Dormant members in order of join date - 1 per member

According to this I am eligible for 6 tickets. ;)

Just to make it clear. I was only joking when I posted this. Hence the smiley face. :P

I would just like to say a big and massive thank you to everyone involved in getting all of this sorted out,You must have spent a small fortune at the chemist's on head ache pills!You know who you are, again i applaud you fellow Patriots fans. Thank's Ade, James,Mandy,etc etc etc etc.

Just checking my emails again! bloody hell still nothing! ;):) :) :)

I would like to meet up with any Pats fans that aren't lucky enough to get tickets for the "official" party at the Sports Cafe. Waxy O'Connor's on Rupert Street sounds good.

I think I might be up for a drink or two with some other Pats fans! Can't say I know too many!

Just checking my emails again! bloody hell still nothing

:D

At a service station somewhere north of Milton Keynes. Never knew there was so much civilisation this far up!

Still a couple of hours from home, so it might be tomorrow now.

To all thise worrying about getting tickets - dont! We will endeavour to try to satisfy all applications for UKP memebers. Just please be aware that we cant promise, which is why we have to apply some kind of priority system.

Just to clarify, at the final steps of the priority (I.e the quiet members) do mass e-mails go out or is there anything to do?

Just to clarify, at the final steps of the priority (I.e the quiet members) do mass e-mails go out or is there anything to do?

Pray! and calm down, calm down and take a chill pill

Pray! and calm down, calm down and take a chill pill

Ha, don't worry I'm calm! Would love to go the party but it's all about the game so not worried! I may wait outside to stalk Fred Kirsch though!!

Hi Ade, was you at Newport Pagnell! home to Aston Martin, you could have popped in for a cupper, just a few miles from me at Northampton. :) don't worry we can all wait a little longer buddy.

So many noobs asking about the party :lol: .

No surprise, but you all accepted the T&C to introduce yourselves to the forum, and some of you have the 1 post, which is in this thread! We don't mind you tagging along, and we're very friendly, but do please tell us something about you first, either via your profile or in the "New members" section :) .

We will welcome Pats fans from all over the world, but we will have a priority system to acknowledge the active UKP FCOR membership. The priority will be (while stocks last) :

1. People who have bought Gameday tickets through the UKPatriots - 1 per ticket.

2. Full members who joined before 19th January 2012 (the date of the NFL announcement) - 2 per member.

3. UKP FCOR members and other selected FCOR groups - 1 per member.

4. "Full" members - 2 per member.

5. "Quiet" members who have introduced themselves to the UKP community, in order of join date - 1 per member

6. Other "Quiet" and Dormant members in order of join date - 1 per member

If there are any remaining after this, we will offer to the full Patriots FCOR (Fan Club Offical Register).

Each qualifying group will be emailed and invited to submit a request for tickets as and when we know we have tickets for each qualifying group. Groups 1 & 2 should get their emails later tonight, and we will require a response within 48 hours.

Tickets will cost £10 each, and must be paid for and collected in advance. Collection details will be sent with email invites.

Cheers,

Adrian & James

Thanks Adrian & James

I appreciate the kind reminder as well.

Hope to meet you and many of the other members while we are there

Cheers,

Rich

The following emails will go out this morning -

Category 1 - UKP Gameday ticket holders

Category 2 - UKP full members since before 19th January

Good news for Gameday ticket holders who made a minimum £5 per ticket donation to UKP with their purchase - We will be offering you discounted (half price) tickets !!

Really ? This bit wasn't clear enough?

Each qualifying group will be emailed and invited to submit a request for tickets

Guest stanleymorgan

Can I be the first to request first shout any spare ticket that someone has to sell ?

I know I'm only down for 1 (if any at all) but I need one extra for my wife otherwise she will not be happy....

Can I be the first to request first shout any spare ticket that someone has to sell ?

No! Absolutely not!

No-one is allowed to re-sell ANY party tickets under any circumstances. Any bought and not required MUST be returned to the UKPatriots to distribute to wait listed customers.

And please read my previous post ..

We will endeavour to try to satisfy all applications for UKP members. Just please be aware that we can't promise, which is why we have to apply some kind of priority system.

Emails sent to 41 "ACTIVE" members -

Patriots Den Family Guy BBMW RedSoxBhoy Cormac trebell patriots80 susieq fulltilt Jawa242 pondbridge Bob Markus A stanley morgan Tom12 Miggs Iain UKNYJ Dublin Matt scottay AS10 nepalex HullPat76 xXJippedXx Lardyboy104 reddishpat patriot_tommo brownricky86 matt20382 FTJohnny MacGyver therugbyhonke Ian40 LJG0722 SBach71 Donjamin SuperFan73 wilfork for food Mark Rolfe ferguc Stejon sanj2000