mrs laz

Who's Going To Gillette In 2012? (non-cardinals Game Meet-up Thread)

Adding this new thread for everyone who's planning to go to a home game this year (except for the Cards game). Please use this thread to organise meet-ups etc.

So far:

Colts/Jets (TBC) - Vangelis

Miami game - Harry Lime

I'll be at every game. :D

I'll be at every game. :D

Smart-arse ;)

I'll definately be there for one game, at the moment its looking like the Colts home game as my father is 60 the day before so it will be his birthday treat!

I'll definately be there for one game, at the moment its looking like the Colts home game as my father is 60 the day before so it will be his birthday treat!

Let me know if you go to the Colts game - I will be there with a friend who lives in NYC

Let me know if you go to the Colts game - I will be there with a friend who lives in NYC

I hope he's not a JETS fan!

If you and Patriots80 want, maybe we can set up a mini tailgate. My son and I will be there for sure. We can provide the grill and a tent if it rains. The menu will be simple but more than adequate and we can determine who brings what.

Food for thought (pardon the pun)!

Edited by husky71

No my buddy's originally from Germany! After we went to the amazing Jets - Patriots game last year (which turned around our entire season), he is now a Pats fan.

Great idea about the tailgate - thank you! Not sure about Patriots80 but we're certainly in :)

No my buddy's originally from Germany! After we went to the amazing Jets - Patriots game last year (which turned around our entire season), he is now a Pats fan.

Great idea about the tailgate - thank you! Not sure about Patriots80 but we're certainly in :)

We will keep in touch. See you then.

Definately count me and my dad in, we'll be based in Boston so would maybe try and get an earlier train down to Walpole for example.

We did this for the Jets game a few years ago and caught a cab from the train station which was fairly easy.

Will definately keep in touch

Definately count me and my dad in, we'll be based in Boston so would maybe try and get an earlier train down to Walpole for example.

We did this for the Jets game a few years ago and caught a cab from the train station which was fairly easy.

Excellent :)

Glad to hear that you will be joining us. I'll see everyone in London.

Thinking about Colts (my 22nd birthday) and then travelling down to New York for the Jets game.

Saved enough money to do it, can't hurt!

I am going to the Jets game on thanksgiving and hoping to get tickets to the colts game when they go on general sale on ticketmaster. I got the jets tickets from nfl ticket exchange. If im not lucky enough to get tickets to the colts game on the 17th any ideas as to how to obtain a ticket as nfl ticket exchange to patriots games is for season ticket holders only. Very much looking forward to this along with the game at Wembley. Has anyone been to a jets pats game in New york before? Just wondering about wearing my jersey etc?

I am going to the Jets game on thanksgiving and hoping to get tickets to the colts game when they go on general sale on ticketmaster. I got the jets tickets from nfl ticket exchange. If im not lucky enough to get tickets to the colts game on the 17th any ideas as to how to obtain a ticket as nfl ticket exchange to patriots games is for season ticket holders only. Very much looking forward to this along with the game at Wembley. Has anyone been to a jets pats game in New york before? Just wondering about wearing my jersey etc?

Vangelis was at last years Jets/Pats game in NYC, I'm sure he'd be more than happy to post the photo on here of him inside the stadium in his Pats jersey.

Lewis12 - "I am going to the Jets game on thanksgiving and hoping to get tickets to the colts game ...."

patriotscpfc - "Thinking about Colts (my 22nd birthday) and then travelling down to New York for the Jets game."

If you both read a few of the posts above - My son and I (Patriots STHs) will most probably have a mini-tailgate for the Colts game with Vangelis and Patriots80. We can always expand it a bit if either or both of you want to join us.

Edited by husky71

Hi, yes I was at the Jets game last season.

Some Pats fans were wearing jerseys (including me!) and if you look out you will notice them scattered around the stands - there is no real 'danger'.

The worst part in my opinion can potentially be when you are sat watching the game if you are unlucky to be seated a few rows in front of some loudmouth annoying Jets fan(s) who decide to pick on you from a distance (which is very likely ;-) I did get some stick but completely ignored them and after a while they shut up but I can see how it is pot luck who you will have sitting 5-10 rows behind you with no 'escape' for 4 quarters!)

When the Jets fans sitting near you find out you're from the UK they will leave you alone, it's the ones sitting further behind who may make the viewing experience 'uncomfortable' lol.

Absolutely no issues on the train, outside the stadium, the bars etc. and it is a wonderful feeling to exchange high fives with random Pats fans whenever you come across them. There is also the 'interesting' experience of going to the gents' for a slash and finding out you are literally the only person wearing a Pats jersey surrounded by dozens of Jets fans with the inevitable exchange of banter... ha ha

Overall based on my experience last year I would wear a Pats jersey again as it certainly adds to the experience.

I should be at the Jets home game the week before London. Excited but nervous as still not seen the Pats win at Gillette.

We will stop playing silly buggers soon though right?

Anyone else at this one?

I should be at the Jets home game the week before London. Excited but nervous as still not seen the Pats win at Gillette.

We will stop playing silly buggers soon though right?

Anyone else at this one?

If they lose do you vow to never go again :L

Is anyone going to the 49ers game on December 16th? I'm going to be routing through Boston that weekend and am hoping to get to the game.

I can see some tickets on Stubhub and was thinking of getting one from there. Has anyone used them before or have experience of getting tickets through other channels?

I just booked my flights, I'm going to Boston for new year until the 6th Jan - Will be there for the Miami game at the end of the season. :)

Boston is great for the New Year celebration but you can freeze your a** off waiting for a taxi at New Year. Enjoy the game. :)

Is anyone going to the 49ers game on December 16th? I'm going to be routing through Boston that weekend and am hoping to get to the game.

I can see some tickets on Stubhub and was thinking of getting one from there. Has anyone used them before or have experience of getting tickets through other channels?

Hi Hanks, I used Stubhub in 2010 for the Colts game and had no problems at all, they add their charges on top of the price the Season Ticket holder is charging for the seat but it is the best way to guarantee a seat before Gameday.

I simply printed off the tickets at home and they were scanned on entry to the stadium, I must admit my heart rate increased as I got to the gate as I thought "i've travelled all this way, what if it's a dud"?

On Gameday i've heard you do get people selling spare seats at face value but that is a big risk.

Another local Boston firm you could try is Ace Tickets, you may get some joy with them as well,do expect to pay their fees though.

I just booked my flights, I'm going to Boston for new year until the 6th Jan - Will be there for the Miami game at the end of the season. :)

I am at that game with the family...Staying at the hotel at Patriot Place game night for the first time so I can roll back in rather than catching that lousy train back to Boston. Might see you there!!

Hi Hanks, I used Stubhub in 2010 for the Colts game and had no problems at all, they add their charges on top of the price the Season Ticket holder is charging for the seat but it is the best way to guarantee a seat before Gameday.

Thanks Magoo, that's great info. I'm OK for the game now as one of the UK Patriots members in Boston has been very kind in setting me up with a ticket. Can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to it. :)

I am at that game with the family...Staying at the hotel at Patriot Place game night for the first time so I can roll back in rather than catching that lousy train back to Boston. Might see you there!!

Definately! - I'm staying with some friends who we actually met in London for the Rams game. Really excited to finally see a game in Foxboro!