mrs laz

NFL Fan Rally - Saturday 27th October

We have been informed by the NFL that there will again be a fan rally held in Trafalagar Square as part of the weekend celebrations. Timings should be similar to last year's event, which ran from 12-5pm on the Saturday before the game.

Just something for everyone to bear in mind when planning for the overall weekend.

(Stay tuned for other threads on other events over the weekend....announcements will be made once events are confirmed).

What will be at the fan rally? Never been to one and staying at home for them game so might look to travel up for the saturday too

it was 10 days ago Mandy put this tread up Please be patient as soon as anyone from the UKPats find out you will be told. it will be an open event held in trafalgar sq like previous years your WONT need a ticket so calm down

Please bear in mind that this is NOT a UKPats event but arranged by the NFL. We are just sharing weekend information that we become aware of. We will post any public information here as soon as it is known - however folks should also keep an eye on the NFL's own sites for this event.

What will be at the fan rally? Never been to one and staying at home for them game so might look to travel up for the saturday too

I went last year, it is held in Trafalgar Square in the centre of London the main focal point in the middle of the square is a stage, as the Bears and Buccaneers were the teams last year it was themed towards them with members of the Bears (I hate to say it but dominant) Superbowl XX defense Richard Dent,Shaun Gayle etc in attendance.

Marshall Faulk and Jerome Bettis were in attendance "The Bus" in particular getting a very good reception, both head coaches made a brief appearance although if BB turns up 24 hours before game time I will be amazed.

No doubt they will have a legend from either team there. So long as its not Marshal Faulk. ;)

I'd go if he was there, just so I could offer him a chip to go with the one on his shoulder...

Will there come up some kind of overall plan for the weekend? Have to show my girlfriend around in London, but won´t miss the events...

there will be some event held over the weekend.

this event has nothing to do with UKP and for more info please go to NFLUK.com

as stated before events will be released when finalized.

Sounds like a good time.

Hope the weather will be better than the predicted weather for the game Sunday

versus the Denver Broncos - our seats are under the overhang so we should be

dry during the game but the tailgating may be a challenge if number one daughter

does not come up with the promised tent!!!! :o

Guest sanj2000

I took a photo of a poster at the tube station on my way home, advertising the NFL Fan Rally, but can't figure out how to upload it here.

Any suggestions?

I took a photo of a poster at the tube station on my way home, advertising the NFL Fan Rally, but can't figure out how to upload it here.

Any suggestions?

Sanj,

When I have posted pictures here in the past I have used Photobucket or a similar site, you can click on the direct link facilty and it will paste it to where you want in your post.

Thanks, Magoo.

Here is the link to the photo - the SuperBowl trophy (which really should be ours) will be there :

http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y397/sanj20000/fanrallypic_zpsae07f727.jpg

No worries mate, good photo, that's interesting it says 1pm till 5pm, I was under the illusion it was a midday start, oh well , it'll give me an extra hour to get down there.

Hopefully they'll be a good UKPatriot turnout there, the UK Bears were out in force last year.

Guest sanj2000

You're right - the NFLUK + visit london sites both say 12pm, yet the poster says 1pm.

Will probably pop down to the Sports Cafe midday to pick up the tickets for the PreGame Party, and then wander up to Trafalgar Square to watch the shenanigans.

Girlfriend has already started the "what should I wear" routine!

Ticket pickup might be delayed due to us needed James at the Flag footaball,

As for the Fan Rally, I say let's all get there en mass .. and MAKE SOME NOISE! We shouLd be easy to spot thanks to PatsfanUK :D

Here's an annoying have I missed something type post but..

Have we any actual confirmation on which NEP representatives would be around and on stage?

Guest sanj2000

Following on from what Tommo said, I wonder if it's possible to take the relevant Pre Game Party tickets to the Wembley Tour, and we can pick up them up there from someone attending the tour (where applicable)?

Only a suggestion, if there is going to be a problem/delay in the ticket pickup due to the Flag Football.

I would have picked up my 2 tickets on the Friday after work, on the way home, if that would have been possible (but not applicable for everyone, I know).

I'm happy to take party tickets to the Wembley tour, but it's James's call about whether he's prepared to deal with cash at the flag football.

If you want to have your tickets at the Wembley tour, please mail the Ticketing address to request this.

Fair enough. If not im sure I can follow him back to the Sports Cafe. Need to see where it is for the night anyway

David Tossell@David_Tossell

This time next week: best-ever #NFLLondon Fan Rally, Traf Square - Brady, Belichick, Welker, Jackson, Bradford, Fisher among those on stage

Wow would love to see this! Wonder what time they are going to be on though.

The email from NFLUK said players and coaches would be on stage by 2pm.

This time next week: best-ever #NFLLondon Fan Rally, Traf Square - Brady, Belichick, Welker, Jackson, Bradford, Fisher among those on stage

So we're going to have to move sharpish from the flag football.

Thats what i was trying to work out, what is the easiest & quickest way from the flag football to Trafalgar square anybody know?

Thats what i was trying to work out, what is the easiest & quickest way from the flag football to Trafalgar square anybody know?

Bakerloo Line from Regents Park to Charing Cross. Five minute ride, but reckon on it taking half an hour to get across the park, wait for a train and finding a decent spot in Trafalgar Square.

Looking at the facilities as indicated on the tube map, I'd say that no station on the system has a left luggage facility.

Precisely! I'll have all my stuff for the weekend and guess there won't be anywhere to leave it at Wembley.

From Wembley FAQs

Is there anywhere to leave luggage or bags?

No. Unfortunately due to security measures we do not provide a Left Luggage or property service.

Guest sanj2000

Just looked on the tfl website for Saturday's engineering work :

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/livetravelnews/realtime/track.aspx?offset=5

It's the usual mess, but notably on Saturday there is no Bakerloo line between Paddington and Elephant & Castle (which goes through Charing Cross - the main stop for Trafalgar Square); but one can also get to Charing Cross on Northern line, though.

Guest dave45

Just looked on the tfl website for Saturday's engineering work :

http://www.tfl.gov.u...k.aspx?offset=5

It's the usual mess, but notably on Saturday there is no Bakerloo line between Paddington and Elephant & Castle (which goes through Charing Cross - the main stop for Trafalgar Square); but one can also get to Charing Cross on Northern line, though.

From Paddington to Trafalgar Square: 23 or 159 bus

From Elephant & Castle to Trafalgar Square: 12 bus

Guest sanj2000

TBH, I would rather Tom Brady not be at the Fan Rally, but use that time to practice, and thus ensure a win on Sunday.

Yes, it would be very nice to see him at Trafalgar Square, but I am not too fussed - just beat the Rams.

Precisely! I'll have all my stuff for the weekend and guess there won't be anywhere to leave it at Wembley.

From Wembley FAQs

No. Unfortunately due to security measures we do not provide a Left Luggage or property service.

You can leave your luggage anywhere on the tube network - however if it hasn't been stolen already, the bomb squad are likely to blow it up as a suspect package

Does that help? :wacko:

Guest dave45

From Wembley FAQs

You can leave your luggage anywhere on the tube network - however if it hasn't been stolen already, the bomb squad are likely to blow it up as a suspect package

Does that help? :wacko:

Please, don't encourage them <_<