Sign in to follow this  
KentPatsFan

'Train' to perform Pre Game Show

Grammy Award-winning band Train will perform the pregame show at the NFL’s PepsiMax International Series game at Wembley Stadium on October 28.

Train, three-time Grammy winners and five-time nominees, will perform a medley of three of their biggest hits before the players take the field for the regular-season game between the New England Patriots and St Louis Rams.

http://www.nfluk.com/opinions/articles/grammy-award-winners-train-perform-pregame-show-wembley

Good choice. I'm guessing 'Drops Of Jupiter', 'Hey Soul Sister' and 'Drive By'.

Nah won't bother - I'm just getting old I guess as never heard of them...!... Not that worried as the game is the main reason for going and Katherine Jenkins will do the National Anthems proud anyway.

Fan-bloody-tastic! I LOVE this band. Been listening to them ever since I dumped the missus into a cement mixer full of quick sand. Might even have to ditch the tailgate half hour early to get in for this.

I'm sure most will recognise the recent "Drive By" and "50 Ways" when you hear them, but if they still don't ring a bell (and you are of a certain age) then check out "This'll be my year" as a nostalgic intro to their recent stuff. If you like it, you'll find it well worth the effort to buy (torrent) their "California 37" album to give some ear time to. and then maybe some of their earlier stuff.

Great news, although i wouldn't be too bothered if it was someone i hadn't heard, not exactly going to wembley to see them as i hear theres a game on afterwards, right? haha :)

And mine. As an ex-railwayman my train of thought was completely off track and didn't signal any recognition whatsoever, but it seems they are just the ticket for some people.

I have to admit I didn't know who they were until Damien tweeted me some of their hit songs but I just didn't know who sang them even though as they are always on local radio being played at work. Out of all the previous bands who have done the pre game entertainment I think they're a decent choice.

Thought Calvin Harris was a good choice last time around aa seemed to really get everyone up for the game!!

Eh, decent choice :). If I hear "Hey Soul Sister" one more time I might just pull my hair out. Although on a good note, my daughter when she was a young tot/baby she loved that song, first song she sang too, the "heyyy heyy" part lol :). That was from last album so you would think they'd play something from their most recent album. I think their newest song I have seen them promoting is "Drive By", so I would guess they would sing that right? Or maybe another single off there.. 50 ways to say goodbye.

I liked train a bit in the 90's when I was a teenager. :)

Who the hell are 'Train'...!?!... :wacko:

Buahhaha I almost spit my drink out reading that.

To be fair to Patsfanuk, Train have had two top ten singles in the UK in fourteen years. I have absolutely shocking musical taste, but the only song I even remotely recognise is Drops of Jupiter (Tell Me).

Edited by The Pats

Nah won't bother - I'm just getting old I guess as never heard of them...!... Not that worried as the game is the main reason for going and Katherine Jenkins will do the National Anthems proud anyway.

I am a Katherine Jenkins fan and (after the Rams game) I will have seen her three times. Each time was at a sporting event - 1 FA Cup final & (with the Rams game) 2 NFL Wembley games. So I have only ever seen her perform the National Anthem. I really must get out more :D

Talking of Train, it would be great to here the Pats come out to Ozzy's, Crazy Train, always sends a shiver down my spine! but then we are the away team.