ElPatriota

UKPatriots Pub Tour

Guest dave45

Thanks for taking this on for me Dave and for doing a dry(?) run, something that would have proved impossible for me beforehand.

Not a problem, Ted.

It is actually a rather good tour but will be even better, and more fun, when I have actually got some people with me.

The dry run enabled me to spot one or two minor errors in the tour as published. At one point it mentions a roundabout which has since been removed !

Guest dave45

Sounds more like Dave did a "wet run" - much more enjoyable!

All in the line of duty -_-

Guest sanj2000

Thanks for taking this on for me Dave and for doing a dry(?) run, something that would have proved impossible for me beforehand.

Not a problem, Ted.

It is actually a rather good tour but will be even better, and more fun, when I have actually got some people with me.

The dry run enabled me to spot one or two minor errors in the tour as published. At one point it mentions a roundabout which has since been removed !

You should have given me a shout, Dave, when you did your "wet run" - I can't make this Friday, but would have come on Saturday with you, if only to see what has happened to the prospect of Whitby. I'm consequently looking forward to your review of the tour!

Guest dave45

Not a problem, Ted.

You should have given me a shout, Dave, when you did your "wet run" - I can't make this Friday, but would have come on Saturday with you, if only to see what has happened to the prospect of Whitby. I'm consequently looking forward to your review of the tour!

Sorry Sanj2000, I didn't know you were available, otherwise I would have been glad of the company. A pity you can't make Friday. I will have to see you at the Green Man on Sunday instead.

Guest sanj2000

Might even bump into you on Saturday in Trafalgar Square or at the Sports Cafe?

Guest dave45

Might even bump into you on Saturday in Trafalgar Square or at the Sports Cafe?

Unfortunately I won't be at any Saturday events due to other commitments. Gutted.

Originally, I suggested a 3pm start but perhaps starting at 2pm might be better as this would allow a more relaxed approach.

The walk starts from Rotherhithe station and ends at St Katharine Docks

Directions to get to the MAYFLOWER pub.

Exit Rotherhithe station, turning left, and very shortly turn left again along a small alleyway leading to Railway Avenue. (To get to Rotherhithe station get the overground line south from Wapping).

After passing Brunel Museum and Brunel Engine House, turn left at the end of Railway Avenue, along Rotherhithe Street. Soon you will see The Mayflower pub on your right.

Are we gathering up at Rotherhithe station and walking over together or should we make our own way over to Mayflower?

I'm probably being overly detailed now but the 2pm start time would be for the station or Mayflower?

I believe this is the route from the station to the Mayflower but please correct me if this is wrong.

http://goo.gl/maps/OfZBF

Edited by socal bong

Guest dave45

Hello Social Bong (& other interested persons)

Just to clarify - we are meeting at Rotherhithe Station by 2pm, (a little bit before if you can).

It is my intention to leave from Rotherhithe Station dead on (or very shortly after) 2pm and make the short (about 2 minutes) walk to the Mayflower pub. The pub closes at 3pm (reopens at 5:30pm), hence the 2pm start time. I reckon that 45 minutes (very approximately) in each pub would be about right, but that is obviously flexible so that people have time to finish drinks, food etc

(all the other pubs have normal opening times, so no worries there).

Any late comers can therefore make there own way to the pub (using the map link you have kindly provided). The pub is at the top of the map just left of where is says Princes Tower.

If anyone is going to be too late for the Mayflower and wants to join us at a pub further on in the tour, them PM me (before Friday) and I will PM back my mobile number so that you can phone me on Friday to find out which pub we are in.

I think that clarifies most things, but if anyone has any questions please post them on here. I will be viewing this site most days, and this thread in particular, so just ask if you are not clear on something.

Edited by dave45

We have a few things planned for Friday but I'll keep the schduled route with me and hopefully run into you guys at some point.

Guest dave45

We have a few things planned for Friday but I'll keep the schduled route with me and hopefully run into you guys at some point.

No problem Patsfan1283, just PM me if you need my mobile (cell) number so that you can find out where we are.

I probably won't be there from the start (doing a Heathrow run before Wembley, and need to get my car home at some point), but will try to join you en route.

Guest dave45

This event turned out in the end to be very well attended, mostly by americans and a few swedes. Everyone seemed to be enjoying it and the weather stayed dry for us. Rather suprisingly no UK Patriots actually from the UK turned up and I was rather suprised by that, bearing in mind that it was an UK Patriots event. Didn't really matter, though, as everyone had a good time

Good work Dave - thanks for running this. There was just too much going on today; I really wanted to join, but I wasn't back in London until 6pm.

I'm probably going to head to the Old Coffee House in Soho between the Fan Rally and the Patriots Party tomorrow.

http://www.brodiesbeers.co.uk/where-to-drink/

Anyone who wants a taste of excellent London craft beer is more than welcome. It might make up for the overpriced gnats piss we'll be drinking at the Sports Cafe later.

Dave43 - great to meet you and we had a lot of fun. Thank you so much for providing all of the history along the way which was great. Yes it would have been great to meet more UK Patriots fan club members but we had a fantastic time regardless.

I've posted some pics on our Patriots Tailgate Facebook Group album.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.10151471019568356&type=1

Guest dave45

Social Bong, it was a much fun for me as it was for you and its good to know that my homework was appreciated. I am at my football (soccer) match now (winning at the moment :-) ) so I will look at the photos later

Guest sanj2000

Well done, Dave! How were the beers?

I rushed back to work from the Wembley Tour, only to find my manager wasn't even in - so I could have been the other UKPatriot representative on the tour, in the end. Never mind.

Guest dave45

Sanj, without being too big headed the event was brilliant. And my football team won 4-0. Can this weekend get any better? The beers were great from what I hear. I stuck with the lager.