Sign in to follow this  
mrs laz

UKPatriots Tailgate Party (@GBTP, Green Man Hotel, Wembley)

UKPatriots are pleased to announce that we will have a tailgate marquee at the Great British Tailgate Party, at the Green Man Pub, Wembley, on Sunday 28th October before the game. Thanks to our friends at the Colchester Gladiators for hosting us.

Food and drink will be available for purchase in the Green Man itself as part of the event.

Specific details in terms of timing will be shared very soon - for now, please plan to join if you can!

Here is the link to the GBTP6 homepage. http://www.gbtp.co.uk/

The Green Man Pub can be found at:

THE GREEN MAN HOTEL,

DAGMAR AVENUE,

WEMBLEY,

LONDON,

HA9 8DF.

Good news. Let's get the Green Man heaving with Pats Fans like it was in 2009...!...

(And I'd better update the GBTP website... :) )

We are looking forward to another great tailgate event, Steve :-)

Guest dave45

It was a good event in 2009, but get your beers in early, the bar gets crammed later on.

Guest sanj2000

Thanks for the tip, Dave!

BTW, I see we're neighbours - you're in Hayes, and I'm in Hounslow.

Edited by sanj2000

I'll be there! Can't wait now. Looking forward to meeting everyone, met some new friends their in 09, hope everyone is back for the latest edition.

Guest dave45

Hello neighbour. We must introduce ourselves to each other at the tailgate (or Wembley tour or pub tour, if you are at those events). This is what I like about UK Patriots - its not just a message board.

Guest sanj2000

Thanks, Dave - can't make the pub tour, but will be (if there is a spare place) at the Wembley Stadium tour Friday. Plus the tailgate(s), plus the pregame party, and of course that minor thing happening on Sunday 28 October...

Sanj

Thanks, Dave - can't make the pub tour, but will be (if there is a spare place) at the Wembley Stadium tour Friday. Plus the tailgate(s), plus the pregame party, and of course that minor thing happening on Sunday 28 October...

Sanj

Hello neighbour. We must introduce ourselves to each other at the tailgate (or Wembley tour or pub tour, if you are at those events). This is what I like about UK Patriots - its not just a message board.

I'm originally from you're neck of the woods guys, I grew up in Greenford, now live in Rickmansworth not too far away still, my original name on here when I heard about the site back in 2004/05 was Middlesex Patriot.

It will be good to meet you, i'll be at all the events mentioned, I may try and get up to the Green Man if time allows.

It was a good event in 2009, but get your beers in early, the bar gets crammed later on.

Anyone whose not been before take notice of this!! Also leave plenty of time for queues if your needing to use the loo...

Guest JetGough

Looking forward to this! It's a first for my fiancé and I so looking forward to meeting some of you there.

Guest dave45

Anyone whose not been before take notice of this!! Also leave plenty of time for queues if your needing to use the loo...

Good shout, Simon

Good shout, Simon

The Green Man was refurbished in 2010 (after the last UK Pats Tailgate) and the toilets are bigger than in 2009. Also there will be more outside bars available than in 2009. But still a good shout as it will be very busy....

What time will kickoff be for the tailgate? Also for those that were there in 09, how much time should 1 allow to get over to Wembley and get to their seats in time to catch everything?

What time will kickoff be for the tailgate? Also for those that were there in 09, how much time should 1 allow to get over to Wembley and get to their seats in time to catch everything?

Personally like to get into the stadium with at least an hour to spare, see the warmups and feel the atmosphere build up.

For times and what not, see here:

http://ukpatriots.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4907&hl=&fromsearch=1

The Green Man will be showing the Liverpool Vs Everton game in the main bar on the Sunday for those who don't want to miss the Premier League....

Also, I understand that Great American Sports will be bringing 'name & number' t-shirts with them:

5a91a6cf-999d-4758-8304-db3c9a1444e9.jpg

(I haven't been told how much they will be sold for though.)

Edited by Patsfanuk

Seems to me that all Nike stuff is more pricy than Reebok. Those t-shirts were going for $32 in Seattle. And they run small. I got an XXL "GO PATS" which is going to need a good stretch.

The Green Man will be showing the Liverpool Vs Everton game in the main bar on the Sunday for those who don't want to miss the Premier League....

Also, I understand that Great American Sports will be bringing 'name & number' t-shirts with them:

5a91a6cf-999d-4758-8304-db3c9a1444e9.jpg

(I haven't been told how much they will be sold for though.)

*drools*

Personally like to get into the stadium with at least an hour to spare, see the warmups and feel the atmosphere build up.

http://ukpatriots.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4907&hl=&fromsearch=1

Couldn't agree more with wanting to catch everything, so how long is it from the Green Man to the stadium?

http://ukpatriots.co...l=&fromsearch=1

Couldn't agree more with wanting to catch everything, so how long is it from the Green Man to the stadium?

5 minute walk. And it's all downhill too which is a bonus :)

The Green Man Pub is on Dagmar Avenue to the west of the stadium (Google Maps): https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?ie=UTF-8&q=green+man+wembley&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=green+man&hnear=0x4876116207a6d0bd:0xaf7016a2cadb21e4,Wembley,+Greater+London&cid=0,0,18116025000371833726&ei=H5mAUN_HDqiR0QWrwYGQDg&ved=0CIUBEPwSMAA

Depending which side of Wembley your entrance is, it's less than a 10 minute walk (downhill!) so if I manage to make the Tailgate, which in a bizarre British sense is about as an authentic pre-NFL drinking session as we have, I'd be leaving between 3:30 and 4 to soak up some pre-game atmosphere.

If anyone here is going to their first International Series game and doesn't have the time to do both I'd recommend The Green Man one over the official tailgate (which gets very busy very quickly). There is merchandise available as well.

Guest sanj2000

Thanks, el Russo - this will be my 1st Int Series, so i was insure if should go to the NFL or UKP/Green Man tailgates, but ideally i would like to do both. Any sugegstions on what time it's best to get to Wembley to do both?

Guest dave45

Thanks, el Russo - this will be my 1st Int Series, so i was insure if should go to the NFL or UKP/Green Man tailgates, but ideally i would like to do both. Any sugegstions on what time it's best to get to Wembley to do both?

This thread, kindly provided by Mandy, should have the answer you are looking for: http://ukpatriots.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4907

I have bad memories I. Green man :L only time I was there was before Millwall playoff final before scummy which they lost. We went different pub year later when Millwall player Swindon and won :L

Guest dave45

I have bad memories I. Green man :L only time I was there was before Millwall playoff final before scummy which they lost. We went different pub year later when Millwall player Swindon and won :L

I was at both of those games. Didn't go to the Green Man on those occasions, though. The Green Man will have a completely different atmosphere for the tailgate.

The Green Man Pub is on Dagmar Avenue to the west of the stadium (Google Maps): https://maps.google....ed=0CIUBEPwSMAA

Depending which side of Wembley your entrance is, it's less than a 10 minute walk (downhill!) so if I manage to make the Tailgate, which in a bizarre British sense is about as an authentic pre-NFL drinking session as we have, I'd be leaving between 3:30 and 4 to soak up some pre-game atmosphere.

If anyone here is going to their first International Series game and doesn't have the time to do both I'd recommend The Green Man one over the official tailgate (which gets very busy very quickly). There is merchandise available as well.

If there are people there drinking beer and talking Patriots football, it is authentic enough.

Seems to me that all Nike stuff is more pricy than Reebok. Those t-shirts were going for $32 in Seattle. And they run small. I got an XXL "GO PATS" which is going to need a good stretch.

I'll have it Gra if it's no good for you :D

To get a good run at the official one without excessive queuing for marginally good stuff (at least on past experiences) you would want to be in at 11:30 at the latest. After that, you'll most probably be waiting around for ages for events that aren't worth the queues while drinking terrible beer at poor prices. It's the worth the look around with a few cool displays/stalls but gets very busy, very quickly.

If there are people there drinking beer and talking Patriots football, it is authentic enough.

Just without the 4x4s and drinking in the car park!

If your looking for any merchandise go here, great American sports always have a decent selection of stuff and are cheaper than the tailgate and Nike store i think, il be heading over at some point anyway definitely!

Great news the derby will be on, that will be of interest for me, my friend Liam, and Jamie too!!

Guest sanj2000

I want to get to the NFL tailgate at 1100 (although this depends on the girlfriend being ready in time ;-)

And then head on over to the Green Man/UKP tailgate.

It sounds like the latter will have better/cheaper merchandise (and better beer - very important); however, which one will have the better food? The NFLUK website says the NFL tailgate will have "authentic American food; smoke pit bbq, bison burgers, burritos, gourmet hotdogs, hog roast, brisket and lobster roll."

What will the Green man tailgate have?

Thanks.

Guest JetGough

I want to get to the NFL tailgate at 1100 (although this depends on the girlfriend being ready in time ;-)

It sounds like the latter will have better/cheaper merchandise (and better beer - very important); however, which one will have the better food? The NFLUK website says the NFL tailgate will have "authentic American food; smoke pit bbq, bison burgers, burritos, gourmet hotdogs, hog roast, brisket and lobster roll."

Thanks.

I'm planning on doing exactly the same mate. Want to go to both so will be at the official first then over to the Green Man tailgate.

Guest dave45

Thanks.

I'm planning on doing exactly the same mate. Want to go to both so will be at the official first then over to the Green Man tailgate.

Great minds think alike ! I will be at the official tailgate from 11 (trying hard not to get ripped off), and then heading to the Green Man at about 12. (I will probably be wearing a white Moss 81 shirt, a UK Patriots hat and a Patriots coat, in case you want to say hello).

Edited by dave45

Guest JetGough

Awesome, is the official tailgate supposed to be considerably more expensive?

I'll be the big tattooed guy in a pats letterman jacket - Cant be too many of them right? :lol:

Guest dave45

Probably. Everything at Wembley seems to be expensive. Anyway, I will look out for your letterman jacket

Guest sanj2000

And I will be the one wearing the red carnation....

Seriously, I will be wearing my new red Pats hoodie, my Red Sox cap, and because it's due to be chilly and I am so very old, a jacket!

Well, we will all be at the Green Man again, just like 2009 where we made more friends there than we did at the Sports Cafe party lol

Guest dave45

going solo as my friend is ill, might pop by Green Man, but damn this is intimidating/scary. :/

Its ok, we don't bite

Edited by dave45

going solo as my friend is ill, might pop by Green Man, but damn this is intimidating/scary. :/

Its ok, we don't bite

Just come and say hello, I was the same in 2009 and really enjoyed it. Just don't wear anything with NYY on it :P