Sign in to follow this  
KentPatsFan

UKPatriots IS Flag Football Tournament 2012 - Details and Team Registry

The event is going to be held at Regent's Park on Saturday 27th October 2012. The tournament will commence at 10:30am therefore I will need people to arrive in good time in order to get ready. It will be held on Gloucester Green in the north east corner of the park.

This will be the thread now where you must officially regster your team. We will be playing six-a-side flag football and will permit up to four roll-on-roll-off substitues. Therefore we need teams with a minimum of six players (with no more than ten) to a team. You may refer to the previous discussion thread in order to liaise and find team mates in similar categories. Once you have bult a team, please register it here with everyone's full and board names.

We will need a minimum of four teams for our tournament format and can push to eight if there is enough interest.

How To Get There

There are five tube stations in close proximity to Regents Park: -

• Regent's Park (Bakerloo line)
  • Great Portland Street (Hammersmith & City, Circle & Metropolitan lines)
  • Baker Street (Hammersmith & City, Circle, Jubilee, Metropolitan & Bakerloo lines)
  • St John's Wood (Jubilee line)
  • Camden Town (Northern line)

I would advise that the best tube station to get off of at would be Regent's Park which is only a three minute walk to the park entrance, just north of the station.

To find Gloucester Green from the south eastern entrance, walk up through Avenue Gardens and continue up past the Cow and Coffee Bean dairy pub and the Honest Sausage cafe and then throw a right towards Gloucester Gate, away from the London Zoological Gardens. If you are approaching the park from the north then access through the Gloucester Gate would be easiest.

There is very limited parking and I would not recommend driving as the best form of travel to get there.

NOTE: The tube is hit with a lot of maintenence works at the weekends so please be alert and check travel details prior to the Saturday morning.

Facilities

The Sports Hub has a 360 degree panoramic view cafe with disabled access and toilet facilities. We will not be paying for the use of their changing facilities and showers. You can browse the interative map of Regent's Park by clicking on the link which will be at the bottom of this post.

There are numerous refreshment areas and toilet facilities throughout the park.

Event Schedule

10am: All teams must get to the Sports Hub for this time in order to get everyone set up and ready.

10:30am: First games will commence.

12:30pm: End of event

We will be able to provide you with a much better schedule of the event once we have all our teams registered and have worked out the format and fixtures.

Clothing

We will outline this fully in the rules which will be released in due course however I will briefly outline what we expect in terms of dress code:

• Patriots Colours - we want you to be wearing Patriots jerseys as, after all, it is a Patriots event. We will provide coloured bibs for one team.
  • Footwear - your choice of trainers or moulded/studed boots (Cleats for the yanks). If it's wet, trainers amy not be the best option...obviously.
  • Shorts/Trousers - your choice but we obvioulsy wouldn't reommend wearing your best jeans! Jogging bottoms or shorts are the most ideal and if you own a set of game pants and would like to use those, do so. I did last time.
  • Potective Equipment - no shin, hip, thigh, knee or coccyx pads required. You may wear a gum shield as is mandatory with the BAFA in flag football however, we will not accept responsibility for those who choose to play without one. You do so at your own leisure and risk.

The Twist

As well as having a tournament amongst ourselves I have been working on trying to add something in to the mix we didn't have before in 2009. I have been speaking to New England Sports Tours who are going to try and help us assmble a team to come and play in an 'Old England Vs New England' finale. This will be the final match we play and add a tiny bit of a competetive edge at the end.

Should this go ahead, our team will be fully dependant on how people play through the UKPatriots tournament and will be announced once we have finished that....using my excellent scouting knowledge ;) We may potentially make the teams larger in order to include more people. All this will be confirmed closer to the day.

Guests

As those of you who came in 2009 will know, we had a range of guests including Cheerleaders, Pat Patriot and Patriots' alumni. Nothing can be confirmed but we can say that we are working towards something similar again.

Officials

We will want officials and this is something I can help with on the day also. I know of at least three officials on here so, if you're willing, we would like you all to help officiate on the day. We would like you to bring your whistles, flags markers and just your zebra striped tops to wear on top of whatever you wish as trousers...be it your full unifiorm, jogging bottoms or shorts.

Anyone who wishes to assist please also register your intent on this thread.

Links

Interactive map of Regent's Park

Do you know how far this is from the Sports Cafe as will need to pick up my pre-game party ticket on the saturday. Would love to play but the problem for me is im not staying in london so I will have to carry around my stuff all day. Also I only have the one Pats Jersey and would prefer to wear it gameday

Do you know how far this is from the Sports Cafe as will need to pick up my pre-game party ticket on the saturday. Would love to play but the problem for me is im not staying in london so I will have to carry around my stuff all day. Also I only have the one Pats Jersey and would prefer to wear it gameday

Piccadilly Circus interchanges with Piccadilly and Bakerloo Line. There are two stops between Piccadilly and Regent's Park stations. So, to answer your question, not far at all.

This can be solved with the training bibs we are looking to get hold of...if you have a Pats t-shirt or something similarly coloured it would help.

We making our own teams? I don't really know anyone personally on here but me and my mate Bob who are coming down would love to play. Welcome to any team, Ukpats under 23s or something - we are 18 & 19, any takers haha? :P

We making our own teams? I don't really know anyone personally on here but me and my mate Bob who are coming down would love to play. Welcome to any team, Ukpats under 23s or something - we are 18 & 19, any takers haha? :P

Well that's one team started.

So we have jacuza and Bob....we need at least four more for this team...similar age range would be good.

Get a team name sorted and anyone who wishes to join this eam, say so below.

Well that's one team started.

So we have jacuza and Bob....we need at least four more for this team...similar age range would be good.

Get a team name sorted and anyone who wishes to join this eam, say so below.

As my friend (Steve) and I don't fall anywhere near this age bracket I'll start the enrolments for another team. Happy to start a team with either fellow Northerners or Over 30's.

Edited by WelshLancsPat

Im 18 so il join them

So we have :

Team one (under 25s): jcuza, bob, tommo

Team two (over 30s): welshlancspat, Steve

Im 18 so il join them

So we have :

Team two (over 30s): welshlancspat, hs friend (name?)

Says Steve in his post :L

Im 18 so il join them

So we have :

Team two (over 30s): welshlancspat, hs friend (name?)

Says Steve in his post :L

Oops!

Can I start a Gower Street / Road trippers team?

What do you say boys - James, Chris M, Aldo, Jaco, Andy, Jamie, Ade, Danny, Rory, Paul, That's 10. Have I missed anyone?

I'm thinking ..

Offense

:QBs - James, Chris

Oline/TE - Jaco, Andy, Aldo, Paul (no offence intended). Can we have Graham the Wasp too?

RBs - D-Lo and Rory

WRs - Ade, Jamie

Defense:

Dline - Aldo, Paul

LBs - Andy, Jaco

CBs - James, Jamie

Safeties - D-Lo, Rory, Ade

QB Spy - Chris

Maybe we could sneak Waspie and Andy the Vike in?

Excellent. We are staying just around the corner so hopefully we should be able to deliver TBX3 to the park. However a 10:30 start could be a challenge in driving from Chester that morning!

I can see a 6:00 start, which may not go down well with TBX3 or "Mrs Paulsaid" :(

However it does allow us to get to Scandinavian Kitchen for lunch on the Saturday without too many problems.

Edited by PaulsaidThesearemypeople

What do you say boys - James, Chris M, Aldo, Jaco, Andy, Jamie, Ade, Danny, Rory, Paul, That's 10. Have I missed anyone?

I'm thinking ..

Offense

Oline/TE - Jaco, Andy, Aldo, Paul (no offence intended). Can we have Graham the Wasp too?

RBs - D-Lo and Rory

WRs - Ade, Jamie

Defense:

Dline - Aldo, Paul

LBs - Andy, Jaco

CBs - James, Jamie

QB Spy - Chris

Yeh. I'm up for that. I'll be the possession receiver. If we need 10 yards for the first down or score I will run a 10 yard cross route. If we need 20 yards for the first down or score I will run a 10 yard cross route. :P And it's a good job you didn't put me at CB because I cant cover anybody without cheating. ;)

Damo. Are you playing?

I'm thinking ..

Offense

RBs - D-Lo and Rory

WRs - Ade, Jamie

Defense:

Dline - Aldo, Paul

LBs - Andy, Jaco

CBs - James, Jamie

QB Spy - Chris

Yeah - DLine/OLine for me

But on the other hand I need to go one-on-one with Aldo at some point to repeat the Hyde Park grudge.

No women signed up? I know of one flying in from AZ who's keen to rub some British faces in the dirt.

I'm thinking ..

Offense

RBs - D-Lo and Rory

WRs - Ade, Jamie

Defense:

Dline - Aldo, Paul

LBs - Andy, Jaco

CBs - James, Jamie

QB Spy - Chris

Yeh. I'm up for that. I'll be the possession receiver. If we need 10 yards for the first down or score I will run a 10 yard cross route. If we need 20 yards for the first down or score I will run a 10 yard cross route. :P And it's a good job you didn't put me at CB because I cant cover anybody without cheating. ;)

Damo. Are you playing?

Not sure tbh....depends how things pan out. I may wind up playing the 'Old England vs New England' game at the very end to satisfy my football fix!

I may wind up playing the 'Old England vs New England' game at the very end to satisfy my football fix!

The what? We're going to try to take them on at their own game? Not just a UKP tourney then?

Sorry .. far too busy to stay up with everything recently.

I may wind up playing the 'Old England vs New England' game at the very end to satisfy my football fix!

The what? We're going to try to take them on at their own game? Not just a UKP tourney then?

It's in the details at the top. It's going to be played at the very end. A small novelty game after our tourney :)

It's in the details at the top. It's going to be played at the very end. A small novelty game after our tourney :)

Let's hope the opponents don't bring any ringers with them like last time..... Kevin Faulk and Troy Brown instead of Brad Johnson and Mike Alstott...

None of you will last the course, it'll be a 'no contest' for the New England team! :P:lol:

Let's hope the opponents don't bring any ringers with them like last time..... Kevin Faulk and Troy Brown instead of Brad Johnson and Mike Alstott...

Yep, the famous case in UK NFL circles of a certain UK fan club leader bringing in an All Pro FB and a SB winning QB for a flag football game then bragging about it everywhere.

Anyone else Under 25? As Tommo said we only have 3 at the mo. Whilst im sure we could still kick ass, would be good to have the full amount haha!

Ah that was too long to read. Sorry Damo. No excuse, Just speed-reading most stuff at the moment.

I know it says above that there wont be paying for changing facilities but is there anywhere that we could get changed that people know of? Also what time is this expected to finish? Cheers

Nice one, was sure i saw it but scanning through then i couldn't see it, fell a bit of an idiot now haha!

Nice one, was sure i saw it but scanning through then i couldn't see it, fell a bit of an idiot now haha!

Ha, no worries. It's a lot of text :)

Anyone else Under 25? As Tommo said we only have 3 at the mo. Whilst im sure we could still kick ass, would be good to have the full amount haha!

Have you got anymore players for your team? As we get closer to the game my team's struggling so if you have room for a couple of "vets" would you be interested in joining forces?

Have you got anymore players for your team? As we get closer to the game my team's struggling so if you have room for a couple of "vets" would you be interested in joining forces?

Nope just me, my mate Bob & Tommo so far, Gladly have space for anyone who wants to join and kick ass!

May have to go down as a game day decision for me :L injured my knee years ago and it can comes back every so often and did again today at work. Usually take 2-3 days to get better so will have to let know on day. I will turn up even if I cant play though as will be good to watch

Im 18 so il join them

So we have :

Team two (over 30s): welshlancspat, Steve

I'm going to work on dividing the Gower Street bunch (as there are a lot) in to two but will need more interest in these teams. Tommo may be out so we ill see how that sits and I can play if there isn't too much running around to be done.

So we ideally want under 30s and over 30s for the two teams. We will have the numbers on the day but I'd ideally like to arrange the teams before the day itself.

So...

under 30s - jcuza, bob, tommy (questionable), Damien, William Pettitt, Scottay, mringsell

NOTE: I may not be able to play however much I want to...so we still need to bolster the numbers.

Over 30s - welshlancspat, Steve, Swindon Patriot, Boone, Bamnation

Gower Street - James, Ade, Rory, Jacob, Graham, Paul, Danny, Chris, Jamie, Aldo, Andy.

If we can get enough I want to split this group and add a couple of outsiders to both teams to make up their numbers.

As said, I know we will have more than enough on the day but I don't want to mess about trying to arrange it there and then. If you want to be added to any of these categories then please let me know...if you can get a fourth team together without me dividing the Gower Street lot up then great.

So...

under 30s - jcuza, bob, tommy (questionable), Damien

NOTE: I may not be able to play however much I want to...so we still need to bolster the numbers.

Over 30s - welshlancspat, Steve,

James (The Pats), do you fall in to the under or over 30 category?

I fall in the over 30 category. I will join welshlancspat and Steve on the Over 30s. I don't mind combining with the under 30s to form a super team if we need to bolster the numbers.

So...

under 30s - jcuza, bob, tommy (questionable), Damien

Over 30s - welshlancspat, Steve,

James (The Pats), do you fall in to the under or over 30 category?

I fall in the over 30 category. I will join welshlancspat and Steve on the Over 30s. I don't mind combining with the under 30s to form a super team if we need to bolster the numbers.

I'll add you to the list!

There are five tube stations in close proximity to Regents Park: -

• Regent's Park (Bakerloo line)
  • Great Portland Street (Hammersmith & City, Circle & Metropolitan lines)
  • Baker Street (Hammersmith & City, Circle, Jubilee, Metropolitan & Bakerloo lines)
  • St John's Wood (Jubilee line)
  • Camden Town (Northern line)

I would advise that the best tube station to get off of at would be Regent's Park which is only a three minute walk to the park entrance, just north of the station.

Regent's Park is not having a service operated through it on the Saturday, and Baker Street Station is closed. Would therefore suggest best station is Camden Town on the Northern Line

Should Team Gower (we can work on the name later) have a designated team colour. I suggest we all wear red. We'll stand out more and we'll put the fear into everyone. :D

Nope just me, my mate Bob & Tommo so far, Gladly have space for anyone who wants to join and kick ass!

So we ideally want under 30s and over 30s for the two teams. We will have the numbers on the day but I'd ideally like to arrange the teams before the day itself.

Cheers jcuza. With Damien putting the effort in to get a full tournament it's probably best to keep our seperate teams for the moment (and may the best team win!).