Sign in to follow this  
KentPatsFan

Wembley Tour Final Details and Payment

Here are the final details.

The date remains he same. The tour will take place on Friday 26th October and will commence at 10am. You MUST arrive by 9:45am. I would recommend that you get there for 9:30am in order to make sure that we can deal with everyone and their payments swiftly and can start the tour on schedule.

Cost will be £12.50 per person. For our American friends, this works out at around $20 with the current exchange rate.

Payments are to be made on the day. Wembley have kindly offered to open up a payment area at the tour entrance where you can make your payments.

The tour entrance is located at the top of Wembley way right opposite the Bobby Moore statue. If you're walking down Wembley Way from Wembley Park tube station, you just continue down Wembley Way and then continue up one of the two ramps on your left and right. You then head up to the top level where you can clearly see the statue, and then make your way to the glass door entrance.

If you are coming from Wembley via the overground from Marylebone, once you leave the station, veer off right and make your way up onto the circular pathway which surrounds the stadium, walk left and follow it around, staying to the right and top level as it separates off. You will see the statue and entrance clearly as you get around to the front.

These are the names I have down for the tour:

Damien

Bognor Pat

Rat Noir

Waspie +1

Secret Seagull +2 (Paul and Steph

Husky71 +1 (Ben)

jcuza +1

Glasgow Pat

Matt Ringsell

FTJohnny

Aldopatriot

Shelmo15

Patman +1 (Pam)

Hanks

PaulSaidTheseAreMyPeople +1

Dave45

UTCIAD +1

Socal Bong +1

SBach71 +1

Stephen Rhys +1

Magoo

LJG0722 +1

Bamnation +1

Wilfork for Food +3

Tek420 +1

sanj2000

Jesus Valera

Thomas Gardner

When I gave in the original number, it stood at 52. We know have 47 and therefore that leaves us five open spots. These can be taken up and are on a first-ask-first-serve basis.

If you cannot attend please let me know right away.

I will be writing a list of all members down that myself, NFLUK and Wembley will have a copy of. You will be asked to quote your username rom the UKPatriots website in order to claim and pay for your requested number of tickets. If your name isn't on the list, you won't be getting any.

I will be PMing you all in the next 24 hours and will try and get extra details added on to the list such as your full name and D.O.B in order to full proof the list a little more.

Finally, my name remains on the list as I still hope to attended however I will likely not be there. I will be in touch on the day to make sure everything runs smoothly and I am available to be contacted if any directions or advice is needed on the Monday regardless of whether I am there or not. You can get hold of me on 07977740041.

Hope everyone has a great time!

Damo.

Can't get the time off work now as I had to commit to either the Friday or the Monday and i'm not entirely sure what condition I shall be in on Monday morning

Well done Damo - looking forward to it.

Guest sanj2000

Patman - will you be on the Patriots pub tour, as you prefer bitter over lager (like me)? You can find out if any of those pubs on the tour actually do Timothy Taylor or Young's; sadly, I can't make the pub tour - why does work get in the way of fun so much?

One of our group doesn't get in from SF until Friday afternoon, so right now it's plus 2

Cool stuff. So that leaves us with 44.

Guys, we really need to fill this up as Wembley are doing us a favour on a pre agreed number. It will, to put it quite frankly, take the p*ss if we show up with nowhere near the amount.

I haven't been home long enough to PM everyone so far this week and the whole moderating team are working flat out over their full time jobs and family lives to make sure everythingis sorted over the next couple of weeks...so I'm putting a bit of responsibility into you all to show up for this, given the fact you all registered your interest.

If you put your name down for this all that time ago, I'd have anticipated everyone got the permission to have time off of work and incorporated this into their schedule when they stated their intent to go.

Without going in to specifics, I have a hell of a lot on at the moment and I'm going to find it incredibly tough to chase everyone up. Is all on you to check this thread for updates.

As said before, first requests for spots on this tour will be given straight away...I won't be factoring in active services length of service on the board. Don't let us down...we have long memories ;)

Don't stress Damo. There's always dropouts. I'm sure a tweet or a post at NFLUK will soon fill the empty spots, Actually, if you're talking to Pranka, aren't some of his group interested?

Don't stress Damo. There's always dropouts. I'm sure a tweet or a post at NFLUK will soon fill the empty spots, Actually, if you're talking to Pranka, aren't some of his group interested?

Toyed with the idea of talking to Pranka and may well go down that route.

Guest sanj2000

Am "goofing off work" in the morning just for this - so I definately AM attending!

All of us that have said we're going to come along, we need to show up - Damien has worked really hard to get this sorted out, and it would be just rude not to come along (barring earthquakes).

Plus we can pick up our tickets for the pre game party, too (as long as you have emailed Secret Segull on the ticketing email address).

Edited by sanj2000

Patman - will you be on the Patriots pub tour, as you prefer bitter over lager (like me)? You can find out if any of those pubs on the tour actually do Timothy Taylor or Young's; sadly, I can't make the pub tour - why does work get in the way of fun so much?

Yes -I'm very much a real ale man. Who in their right mind prefers lager when there's so much variety of proper beer available ?

I'm doing the Wembley tour Friday morning and chilling out in the afternoon so won't be doing the pub tour. Would very much encourage anyone not familiar with the London pub scene to do the tour though - should be fun.

Yes -I'm very much a real ale man. Who in their right mind prefers lager when there's so much variety of proper beer available ?

Variety? If I know you Steve, you'll find a Youngs bar and stick with that!

Variety? If I know you Steve, you'll find a Youngs bar and stick with that!

Yea - I guess you know me too well Ade :)

One of our group doesn't get in from SF until Friday afternoon, so right now it's plus 2

Cool stuff. So that leaves us with 44.

Guys, we really need to fill this up as Wembley are doing us a favour on a pre agreed number. It will, to put it quite frankly, take the p*ss if we show up with nowhere near the amount.

Early start has kicked out another of mine - sorry. I'm also running around trying to work out who is getting to the UK when and that they all get across London OK.

Toyed with the idea of talking to Pranka and may well go down that route.

Damo, Have you put it out on Twitter? you may get a few responses there,I know you're busy so I could put the word out if you like,let us know.

I'm doing the Wembley tour Friday morning and chilling out in the afternoon so won't be doing the pub tour. Would very much encourage anyone not familiar with the London pub scene to do the tour though - should be fun.

If you're after Young's bitter (good news!) you can find pubs local to you pretty easily at http://www.youngs.co.uk

If you're after Young's bitter (good news!) you can find pubs local to you pretty easily at http://www.youngs.co.uk

Thanks ER. I worked in London for almost 5 years when still a slave to the workplace. I spent many a happy hour ticking off all the Young's pubs within easy reach. My favourite is the Duke of Buckingham in Victoria - just round the corner from where I used to work. I checked it out again a couple of months ago - the Young's special is still just as good there.

Thanks ER. I worked in London for almost 5 years when still a slave to the workplace. I spent many a happy hour ticking off all the Young's pubs within easy reach. My favourite is the Duke of Buckingham in Victoria - just round the corner from where I used to work. I checked it out again a couple of months ago - the Young's special is still just as good there.

I work at The Grove in Balham. Personally love PA, London Gold and Bombardier. Don't often get into central London though so there are quite a few famous Young's pubs I have no experience of!

Guest sanj2000

I had a couple of questions re the tour, and rang Wembley Stadium up myself (rather than bother Damien) :

1) Photography is ok (but not in the Royal Box), although video-ing is prohibited

2) Daypacks are allowed in, although luggage (eg, large bags) is not permitted.

I had a couple of questions re the tour, and rang Wembley Stadium up myself (rather than bother Damien) :

1) Photography is ok (but not in the Royal Box), although video-ing is prohibited

2) Daypacks are allowed in, although luggage (eg, large bags) is not permitted.

Sanj do you know if #2 will apply on game day also. I thought I read somewhere on this site (and I can't find the posting now) that daypacks were not allowed on game day.

Guest sanj2000

Hi - I am not sure about game day re daypacks. I should have asked them when I rang, but can always ring again next week; my girlfriend wanted to know about if her handbag is allowed, also.

However there are others here who have been to the Int. Series before - guys, can you help us out here?

Hi - I am not sure about game day re daypacks. I should have asked them when I rang, but can always ring again next week; my girlfriend wanted to know about if her handbag is allowed, also.

However there are others here who have been to the Int. Series before - guys, can you help us out here?

I've been to the International Series every year and have seen people with rucksacks, but do expect to get searched as you pass through the turnstile, last year if I remember, everyone was getting a "pat down" whether they had a bag or not.

I've read before about people being worried about being able to use Cameras, I wouldn't worry as the stewards tend to turn a blind eye,i've even seen people with large extended lens taking photos.

I work at The Grove in Balham. Personally love PA, London Gold and Bombardier. Don't often get into central London though so there are quite a few famous Young's pubs I have no experience of!

A bit off topic. But I'll still respond. I used to work in Balham (over 20 years ago...); the Grove was head and shoulders the best pub in the area. That said, I'm afraid I'm one of many who share the opinion that Young's beers have gone irretrievably downhill since they stopped brewing in Wandsworth - although I do still enjoy a pint of Winter Warmer.

In addition to The Buckingham Arms (not the Duke of Buckingham), The Lamb on Lambs Conduit Street is well worth a visit - it still has glass "snob screens" on the bar which you can close if you want to have a conversation without the bar staff listening in.

A bit off topic. But I'll still respond. I used to work in Balham (over 20 years ago...); the Grove was head and shoulders the best pub in the area. That said, I'm afraid I'm one of many who share the opinion that Young's beers have gone irretrievably downhill since they stopped brewing in Wandsworth - although I do still enjoy a pint of Winter Warmer.

In addition to The Buckingham Arms (not the Duke of Buckingham), The Lamb on Lambs Conduit Street is well worth a visit - it still has glass "snob screens" on the bar which you can close if you want to have a conversation without the bar staff listening in.

The pub has struggled recently (or so I've been told) since they filled in the skylight in the raised dining area. We're currently shut at the moment for a major refurbishment - I actually closed the old pub up for the last time, not 5 minutes ago!

As for our bitter, I have no opinion on the quality of Young's ales since the brewery moved to Bedford and was sold to Wells as I didn't drink bitter until after that time, but I know that it is subtly different given the change in brewers and with the different water used. Hopefully should have Winter Warmer on again soon!

SBach71 (and others) - Calciumee suggest handbags for women are fine :

http://ukpatriots.co...50

Thanks Sanj, I appreciate it.

I could be a wise ass and ask if the handbags for men would be ok too, but I won't.

Wheels up from Boston in less than 24 hours.

SBach71 (and others) - Calciumee suggest handbags for women are fine :

http://ukpatriots.co...50

Thanks Sanj, I appreciate it.

I could be a wise ass and ask if the handbags for men would be ok too, but I won't.

Wheels up from Boston in less than 24 hours.

You are leaving to-nite?

Yes, tonight from Logan. My wife and I decided to wrap a full vacation around the game. 10 days in London including a few side trips.

Guest dave45

And don't forget the pub tour on Friday afternoon (with apologies to admin for hijacking this thread :ph34r: )

Thanks Sanj, see you then

Husky, we stopped by the Rebook factory outlet store in Avon yesterday and she found a blue Gronk replica game shirt that fit her for $20. There were more than few youth shirts on the rack for all the favorite players, Brady, Gronk, Welker.

Pickings were slim in the adult section, though there looked to be plenty of Moss shirts.

Yes, tonight from Logan. My wife and I decided to wrap a full vacation around the game. 10 days in London including a few side trips.

1st time to London?

You might have read on other threads that my wife and I attended the 2009 game and my son and I leave Wednesday night.

Yes, I did see that you and your wife had attended in 2009. My wife stayed home for that one, but my kids (all near the age of 30) attended the 2009 game with me.

Did your wife enjoy London?

Yes, I did see that you and your wife had attended in 2009. My wife stayed home for that one, but my kids (all near the age of 30) attended the 2009 game with me.

Did your wife enjoy London?

Yes, she did, but in order for her to go back, no sports !. <_<

Guest sanj2000

Social Bong - I think there are around 5 places left, and Damien (who's kindly organised this) indicated the spare places will be on a first come, first served basis.

Guest sanj2000

Seconded - thanks, Damien, for organising such a good tour. We had a great tour guide (Satish), and could see Wembley getting ready for the big game on Sunday.

If there are any Surrey CCC members on here, you could always pop down to the Oval on the pretext of checking on your membership/Ashes tickets for next year - and, purely by coincidence, also watch the Pats train!

Edited by sanj2000

the patriots are not training outside of there hotel so oval trip will be a waste of time

sanj you need to use twitter to find things out

i wasnt on the tour but at this morning press conf Bill said they would not be training outside as he wasnt happy with what they used last time

Guest sanj2000

There is an indoor school at the Oval - maybe they're training inside as it's too cold today ;-)