Sign in to follow this  
bostonfan

Boston Logan To London Heathrow

Just curious if anyone will be on my flight to London. We are on Virgin12, leaving Wed night at 7:45 and flying back to Boston on Monday, Virgin 11.

Hope to see some other fans.

Just curious if anyone will be on my flight to London. We are on Virgin12, leaving Wed night at 7:45 and flying back to Boston on Monday, Virgin 11.

Hope to see some other fans.

Nope, got a nice price thru Montreal...sorry we can't join you, sounds like a fun flight !

Nope. My son and i are on Delta 624 out of Logan at 6:30pm on Wednesday night.

Thank you Delta Sky Miles. We both earned our flights over time.

Edited by husky71

Guest sanj2000

To everyone travelling - have a safe trip over here. And remember to pick up your Oyster card from the Heathrow tube station!

Should've had you lot load me up on some American stuff I miss since living out here! Hope you guys enjoy the experience, I sure look forward to some proper American brisket at the tailgate!

Should've had you lot load me up on some American stuff I miss since living out here! Hope you guys enjoy the experience, I sure look forward to some proper American brisket at the tailgate!

the tailgate isnt an american tailgate. its just a pub unless things have changed since 2009

the tailgate isnt an american tailgate. its just a pub unless things have changed since 2009

Things have changed my friend, and this has me excited. Refer to this link (NFLUK) for more information: http://tinyurl.com/9apzbgs

Things have changed my friend, and this has me excited. Refer to this link (NFLUK) for more information: http://tinyurl.com/9apzbgs

but its overpriced burger vans rather than fans sitting around. until the NFLUK allow fans to at like our american friends do fans will never really get what tailgating is. i want 20 mates eating home made food rather than a staged event. what they put on insults tailgating

Guest dave45

Bit of confusion here, I think. There are two tailgates: - the one referred to in your link, which is in the Wembley Stadium car park. And then there's the one at the Green Man pub, which has a large pub garden.

but its overpriced burger vans rather than fans sitting around. until the NFLUK allow fans to at like our american friends do fans will never really get what tailgating is. i want 20 mates eating home made food rather than a staged event. what they put on insults tailgating

Well that doesn't have me too excited. What a downer..

Gotta say the spread fans put out at Gillette is impressive: full grills built in to the back of their pickups, chairs, tents coolers and the most amazing aray

of food steaks, pans of lasagna,huge chili pots & every liquid beverage you could think of. Yeah Wembley has a way to go.

Gotta say the spread fans put out at Gillette is impressive: full grills built in to the back of their pickups, chairs, tents coolers and the most amazing aray

of food steaks, pans of lasagna,huge chili pots & every liquid beverage you could think of. Yeah Wembley has a way to go.

But maybe it will be a llittle better..read on line they'll have " 20 of the best American food outlets serving everything from pulled pork to pound cake"

(pound cake?? how about brownies or choc chip cookies) this year..who knows maybe it'll be better but you can bet it's gonna cost ya.

To everyone travelling - have a safe trip over here. And remember to pick up your Oyster card from the Heathrow tube station!

So is it better to get one at Heathrow than wait till you get to the City? (Taking cab from airport)

Been looking on line & a little confused, is it for all tube stops and buses as well?

Do you know how late they run? Figuring cab will be only choice in the wee hrs.

Also, what's the tip expected on a 40 pound ride ?

I really appreciate your helping me out on this.

So is it better to get one at Heathrow than wait till you get to the City? (Taking cab from airport)

Been looking on line & a little confused, is it for all tube stops and buses as well?

Do you know how late they run? Figuring cab will be only choice in the wee hrs.

Also, what's the tip expected on a 40 pound ride ?

I really appreciate your helping me out on this.

Go to www.visitlondon.com and look for the info regarding the oyster card. You could also google the oyster card. All of your questions will be answered.

Guest sanj2000

If you're getting a taxi from Heathrow to your hotel in (central?) London, then there's no need to get an Oyster (£5 returnable deposit) at Heathrow - just get one at ANY tube station.

Oyster can be used on tube, buses, trains, DLR, and trams. Ask for a "visitor oyster" when you get one; you can load, say, £20 on it, and use it as on a "pay as you go" basis.

Tubes generally run 'til midnight. Some buses operate a 24-hour service, and there are night buses, too (for clubbers, drunks, etc). If you're travelling alone late at night, it maybe safer on the tube, or if you're on a bus, sit near the driver. BTW, you get on a the front of the bus, tap your Oystercard on the yellow oyster card reader, then take a seat; when you get off, you do so from the middle doors of the bus (do NOT tap your oyster again). When you're using the tube, train, or DLR, tap your Oyster card onto the yellow card reader at the gates to get in, and then when you reach your destination, make sure you again tap your Oystercard on the gates to get out.

And as Husky71 says, visit london website has loads of info, as has www.tfl.gov.uk

Taxi cab tip - £5 (12.5%) is just about enough, but £10 (25%) is too much.

Sanj

Edited by sanj2000

Going to be on American flight 124 Logan to Heathrow Wednesday at 10:25 PM. Is anyone else here going to be on that flight?

Guest dave45

And as Husky71 says, visit london website has loads of info, as has www.tfl.gov.uk

Also has a journey planner to work out your route

Edited by dave45

Can anyone recomend a good iPhone app for the Tube? Something with a trip planner and such things?

Theres one called Tubemap. Got a map of tube, can enter where your going from and too and tells you all stops and lines you need along with a estimate time it will take. Its what I use when I go London

Might be too late now, but if you can get your carrier to unlock your phone you could buy a Pay as you go sim card and top that up and use for data when in the UK?

My hotel has free wi-fi in the lobby. One thing I learned with the iPhone, if you want to make sure you don't get killed with roaming, keep it in airplane mode, but turn wi-fi to on. You won't mistakenly download a huge email.

If you've got the latest software on the phone just make sure you've got data roaming turned off as well as iMessage, that will stop your phone connecting up. For extra safety, you can disable 3G. All of this is in the network settings.

If you're getting a taxi from Heathrow to your hotel in (central?) London, then there's no need to get an Oyster (£5 returnable deposit) at Heathrow - just get one at ANY tube station.

Oyster can be used on tube, buses, trains, DLR, and trams. Ask for a "visitor oyster" when you get one; you can load, say, £20 on it, and use it as on a "pay as you go" basis.

Tubes generally run 'til midnight. Some buses operate a 24-hour service, and there are night buses, too (for clubbers, drunks, etc). If you're travelling alone late at night, it maybe safer on the tube, or if you're on a bus, sit near the driver. BTW, you get on a the front of the bus, tap your Oystercard on the yellow oyster card reader, then take a seat; when you get off, you do so from the middle doors of the bus (do NOT tap your oyster again). When you're using the tube, train, or DLR, tap your Oyster card onto the yellow card reader at the gates to get in, and then when you reach your destination, make sure you again tap your Oystercard on the gates to get out.

Sanj

Hey thanks a lot everyone for all the good advice !!!

Guest dave45

we are not good with free wifi over here

The Mayflower pub on the Friday pub tour has free wi-fi.

(This is just another plug for the pub tour - sorry)

Anyone else on Delta flight 624 from Logan tonite?

Think Ben Weiss is on that one too....

:D

Think Ben Weiss is on that one too....

:D

But of course. And we will have pictures of the kids to share - as if you haven't been on FB lately, right?

Sanj

Tip...?

Tip is almost a swear word in the UK.

- except for maybe rounding a taxi fare up to the nearest quid, most peeps don't do it. Don't do it & don't feel bad about not doing it.

Sanj

Tip...?

Tip is almost a swear word in the UK.

- except for maybe rounding a taxi fare up to the nearest quid, most peeps don't do it. Don't do it & don't feel bad about not doing it.

I remember at the Sports Cafe during the 2009 party, a girl at the bar from Boston said to me she couldn't believe that she wasn't expected to leave a tip at the bar when she bought a drink.

Edited by Magoo

Ben and I arrived this am and Warren picked us up at Heathrow as planned and we are at the Holiday Inn across from Wembley Stadium.

Mark - Warren has the package.

Guest dave45

Ben and I arrived this am and Warren picked us up at Heathrow as planned and we are at the Holiday Inn across from Wembley Stadium.

Glad you and Ben arrived safely. See you tomorrow on the Wembley tour

Welcome to London both of you. :)

I bet Warren's been hoping someone would say that for years :D

We have rescheduled on Tuesday from Heathrow to Detroit to Boston. 12+ hours door to door.

Guest sanj2000

Looks like the got away just in time. BBC news just announcing that all USA bound flights suspended for all carriers.