Sign in to follow this  
waspie

What an end to an amazing weekend....

So Elizabeth pestered me to come with her to stalk the players at their hotel (I've been there before with her, but we were notably less successful in Denver). Grosvenor Park Hotel on Park Lane. They were in a roped off area, but many of them were happy to mix with the plebs. Deion Branch sat in a public area, tucked away in a corner with his crew. But Wes was happy to chat, and I had a decent conversation with Josh McD - a very happy man. Also shook hands with Woodhead, and caught up with my old mate, Nate Solder. Have to confess that there are still plenty of relatively new players I don't recognise out of their football jerseys - so I certainly missed Spikes. And most of the offensive line look the same to me. I got autographs from Josh, Deion and Wes. And I gave Vince my Silence of the Rams t-shirt, and got him to sign my #75 jersey in return. Even then, I was left feeling jealous, as I really had to leave at half midnight to get my bus and train home. 30 minutes later, Belichick showed up!

Oh, and they mix a pretty good martini, but you'd hope so at £15 a go...

That's a brilliant way to finish the weekend Waspie and great that Vince took the club shirt. Good thing you stopped at one martini or you may have ended up throwing down a credit card to get a room there for the night. Imagine dealing with that on the back of a hangover.