Sign in to follow this  
Swindon Patriot

UK Patriots Superbowl XLVII Party - Final Details

I finally have the details for this years Superbowl Party which are as follows.

Venue: The Sports Bar & Grill at Marylebone

Date: Sunday 3rd February 2013 from approx 10.30pm

Cost: £30 per person inclusive of Entry to SB & G (they charge £10 per person on SB night), Food menu as detailed below and Service Charge.

CHEESE NACHOS: with guacamole, salsa & sour cream dips on the side

CHICKEN WINGS: Medium & Hot served with Blue Cheese Dip

PULLED PORK: served with bbq sauce in warm ciabatta roll

PLAIN BURGER: 100% ground beef burger served in Ciabatta roll

FRENCH FRIES: served with ketchup

Everyone who replied to the earlier thread indicating that they would like to come along will shortly be reciving an email asking them to confirm their attendance and giving the payment details. (Hope to do it later tonight guys, when I get back in from work)

Anybody else who wants to join us, please PM me as soon as possible, to let me know and also give me your email address so that I can add you to the main list and send you the payment details.

Looking forward to another great night, with a great bunch of people.

Don't forget, there is a Travelodge, literally just on the other side of road and they may still have some sale rooms at £25 a time (even twins, which makes it really cheap for sharers)

Confirmed & Paid

Swindon Patriot

Simon89

Tupper

Dave45

Rat Noir

Buddfox

honkforgronk

patriotsjay + 1

mablc001 + 1

Wycombe Patriot + 1

El Russo

rob@foxboro + 1

Patman + 3

Patsfanuk + 1

Hanks

Warren

I will be putting my name down but I haven't got a gaurantee I can make it. I'm away that weekend and not sure if I'm going to be back on the Sunday or not (which will mean fidning somewhere to watch it). If I do manage to get back, anyone with a spare bed or floor spot would be a legend if they could spare it! I'd settle the cash on the night!

I remember visiting the Allsop Arms a couple years ago prior to the Green Bay Super Bowl...very well priced drink and a lovely pub.

Guest MylesHSG

Put me down if the Pats are in the SB. Also is it a problem that I dont eat read meat (makes me ill), could they substitute the menu or is it totally fixed?

We're definitely down for 3 but not sure yet if Karina can make it. Damien, if not Andy will have a spare bed in the Travelodge next door.

Don't worry - it's twin beds.

We're definitely down for 3 but not sure yet if Karina can make it. Damien, if not Andy will have a spare bed in the Travelodge next door.

That would be awesome if it does end up going spare! Thanks.

Right now I'd say my chances of getting back down are pretty good, but not 100%!

Right now I'd say my chances of getting back down are pretty good, but not 100%!

But if Karina does make it Damo, you won't get to even sleep on their floor. :D

However, the floor may be available in the room Myself & Alex have booked, I'll have to check with him though :P

However, the floor may be available in the room Myself & Alex have booked, I'll have to check with him though :P

Can't we just leave him in the pub when he falls asleep?

Can't we just leave him in the pub when he falls asleep?

I was asking for some floor space, not a beasting :P haha!

Looks like it's the floor with Mark and Alex - Karina wants to come!

How could she resist the prospect of the Pats in a Superbowl in the company of such a great bunch of guys.

Mark

Can you e-mail me your bank details again and I will send you a transfer. Thanks.

Guest stanleymorgan

Whats the latest you need to know final numbers........after the AFCCC ?

Whats the latest you need to know final numbers........after the AFCCC ?

There will still be time if you're quick after the AFCCG.

I take it you only want to come along if the Pats are in the SB

Just updated the list of "confirmed & paid" in the first post.

22 so far, and that's before tonights AFCCG.

I'm sure if the Pats win there'll be a rush of people wanting to come along, I might have to start a waiting list :D

OK, so no Pats at the SB, but a good night will still be had.

I need to confirm numbers to the SB & G this weekend, so payments need to be in by this Friday (25th).

Anyone who still is yet to pay, please make sure you do so by then.

Are we in the scarlet bar again? If so are the squares and predictions on the cards?

We will be in the Scarlet Bar again, but unfortunately we are a bit down on our numbers, so will not have exclusive use. I have asked that they don't put any Ravens in there with us. :D

I will be doing a squares game again, and we should be able to put a big grid up on one of the walls.

No predictions game though.

Are we in the scarlet bar again? If so are the squares and predictions on the cards?

We will be in the Scarlet Bar again, but unfortunately we are a bit down on our numbers, so will not have exclusive use. I have asked that they don't put any Ravens in there with us. :D

I will be doing a squares game again, and we should be able to put a big grid up on one of the walls.

No predictions game though.

Nothing against Ravens fans. I might even be supporting them.

Sorry won't be there this year folks, but I've gone cold turkey with the booze since the NFL season finished last week, and this would be a deal-buster for sure. Plus the wife's invited people to stay that night and suggested quite clearly that it may not be in my best interest to skive off for the night.

First one skipped by choice other than the one missed on a ski trip a couple of years back.

Have fun y'all .. and Go 'Niners !!!!

24 Places now confirmed with the SB & G. Look forward to seeing some old friends again and meeting some new ones. List of attendees below.

Swindon Patriot

Simon89

Tupper

Dave45

Rat Noir

Buddfox

honkforgronk

patriotsjay + 1

mablc001 + 1

Wycombe Patriot + 1

El Russo

rob@foxboro + 1

Patman + 3

Patsfanuk + 1

Hanks

Warren

You're forgiven this time Ade but don't let it happen again.

I'm coming up by coach, which gets into Victoria at 5.45pm, so I should be at the Travelodge by about 6.15 at the latest.

Train back is 1.15pm on the Monday, so no desperate need to get up and away too early.

Guest tupper29

Get into Victoria around 3pm and then will be heading in the direction of the travelodge

Have a great nights guys and gals!

Edited by d_loughran292

Dropped the ball here, so will be stuck in front of the telly on my own. But if there's a pre-game gathering at the Euston Tap I might pop down for a few - not the cheapest pub around, but some absolutely amazing beer.

http://eustontap.wordpress.com

Some crackers on there at the moment. I had a couple of bottles from Wild Beer last weekend and really enjoyed them.

It's strange not getting on a train tomorrow to London to meet with you guys.

Hope you lot have a great night as always.

Maybe see some of you on the RT :D

Time to sort out something solid as a meeting point for all. Tradition has been to meet at The Porcupine by Leicester Square followed by the walk to Bodeans. It's still a valid meeting point as tube from Piccadilly goes to SB&G.

Do we stick with that or try something different like The Euston Tap and tempt Graham down for a few pre-game beers? Open to any other suggestions that may be offered.

Happy to meet at the Euston Tap as it serves a very decent selection of ales.

I get into London around 11:30 ish. Will proberly watch the football in the SB & grill

Staying for the Man City/Liverpool game at 4? Should get to Marylebone about 3.

Will probably drop my bag off at Travelodge around 6ish, then come along to give the Euston Tap a try.

Are you dropping your bag off 1st Alex, before going to Euston ?