Sign in to follow this  
Swindon Patriot

UK Patriots Superbowl XLVII Party - Final Details

Guest dave45

I will probably give the Euston Tap a swerve as I am not sure what time I will get into town. I intend to make it to the Allsop Arms, however. If, by some miracle, I am early, then Euston. If not, then Allsop

Not sure if we'll make it to the Euston Tap. If not, it's the Allsop Arms.

Guest dave45

First off, thank you to Mark for organising last night's event at the SB & G. Secondly, one or two of you may have noticed me collapse last night. This was due to getting over hot in a rather hot stuffy room. So this is just to let everyone know that, with Mark's help, I did get back to the station and I was able to get home OK. I felt a lot better once I got outside and I feel fine, albeit tired, now. Thanks for everyone's concern and help last night.

great night yet again. shame someone broke the Damo record but the poor guy cant take these late nights anymore.

i think it would be fun to do a Superbowl outside london say manchester or Cardiff. we could have a fun weekend of events at its a change from the norm

First off, thank you to Mark for organising last night's event at the SB & G. Secondly, one or two of you may have noticed me collapse last night. This was due to getting over hot in a rather hot stuffy room. So this is just to let everyone know that, with Mark's help, I did get back to the station and I was able to get home OK. I felt a lot better once I got outside and I feel fine, albeit tired, now. Thanks for everyone's concern and help last night.

Glad to hear you are OK Dave. :)

Thanks to Mark for organising the event. It was a good night, (even though it was a late one due to the power outage in New Orleans!), and great to catch up with everyone.

Thanks Mark for arranging a top night and It was good to meet all you guys last night,

Only downside was after walking back to St Pancras the damn train was an hour late, so didn't get home till 8am

Glad you're feeling OK Dave and hope there are no after effects from your fall.

Would like to add my thanks to Mark for organising the evening and to everyone for the football/Beyonce/power cut conversations. And the truck driver who decided to make as much noise as possible emptying the skips under my hotel room window at 5am. Feeling a little tired today but it was a great night out. Hopefully it we'll be watching the Patriots' win it all next year.

...I don't think anyone was complaining about the food this year - at least the quantity.

SB&G have seriously upped the game with their wings. Maybe too spicy for some now, but they do taste pretty authentic. Nachos aren't bad either. Burgers were OK; I'm not a big fan of ciabatta rolls, but the contents were good. I think most of us had met our match by the time the pulled pork (tasty, if a bit on the sloppy side) showed up. Anyone who didn't feel they had enough fries?

Drinks prices are extortionate though, even for Central London. Call me old fashioned, but I don't expect to tip the barman every round, especially if I'm already paying £4.50 a pint.

Thanks also on my part to Mark for organising, it was great to have that space (save for the impact on Dave45!) and as Graham says, we weren't short of food, so that felt like pretty good value. Work was a bit of a struggle today!

Good to see your feeling better Dave.

Enjoyed last night, food was very good and plenty of it (could've done with a few more chips though ;) ).

Would've liked hot water in the travelodge this morning!

...I don't think anyone was complaining about the food this year - at least the quantity.

SB&G have seriously upped the game with their wings. Maybe too spicy for some now, but they do taste pretty authentic. Nachos aren't bad either. Burgers were OK; I'm not a big fan of ciabatta rolls, but the contents were good. I think most of us had met our match by the time the pulled pork (tasty, if a bit on the sloppy side) showed up. Anyone who didn't feel they had enough fries?

Drinks prices are extortionate though, even for Central London. Call me old fashioned, but I don't expect to tip the barman every round, especially if I'm already paying £4.50 a pint.

Totally agree Graham, fantastic night/morning, It wasn't really spoil't too much being Patless, and again thank's to Mark,you did us proud, just sorry i wasn't able to say goodbye to everyone this morning after checking out of the Travelodge.just couldn't face a full English breakfast after all that food and booze! and Dave 45 hope i didn't scare you too much when you came around to see my big ugly mug looking into your eyes! lol

Guest tupper29

Thanks to Mark for organising this again and of course for my win on the squares which paid for my bus ticket which was quiet nice. As mentioned there was plenty of food and lots of good company. Could have done without the power outage but at least I got some sleep on the coach home. Think I must of also got some of the last of the hot water at the travelodge :-)

Glad you are feeling better, Dave - that must have been a bit scary for everyone involved!

Guest sanj2000

Warren (post # 55) - let's do one at The New Meadowlands next year, when the Patriots win their 4th! It'll be a bit cold outdoors, but who cares as long as it's a Pats win.

Been a bit hectic since I got back on Monday afternoon, so I'm a bit late thanking everyone for making the effort to come along last Sunday.

It's the people that make these things what they are, and we a had a great group of guys (and a couple of girls) there. Some long time regulars were missed, but we still had some "unitelligable speech". Nice to see some newbies as well, I hope you all felt welcome, even Martin ;)

I trust everyone had enough to eat. The SB & G seem to have taken the old saying "chips with everything" very literally.

Squares game seemed to go down well again. Shame about that intentional safety though Warren, cost you £40. Still your loss was Tim's gain.

Glad you're feeling better Dave, it was a bit warm down that end of the bar and it had been a long day. Can you just revert to your usual habit of falling asleep though next year please. Jamie had to fill in for you on that front. :D

Change of location next year would be good. As Warren mentioned, Manchester or Cardiff would both be good options. Plenty of time to do some research.

I'll add my early vote to Niel's for Nottingham 2014. Central location, cheap hotels and some cracking pubs.

Thanks to Mark for organising the evening. Best moment had to be Warren's face when the money slipped through his fingers with the intentional safety. :D

I'd certainly be up for a change of location next year. Perhaps the SB party could be held on a rotational basis if suitable venues are found. It may help open it up to a wider audience.