sanj2000

Who's going to Gillette in 2013? (Non-Browns game discussion thread)

Apart from the 2013 Road Trip, I wanted to go to another game in the upcoming season, and was planning on going to the Texans game.

However, due to job issues (ie not having one soon!) and the corresponding money issues, I will just go on the Road Trip, as that takes priority.

However, if anyone is planning on going to Houston for a long weekend for the game, I came across this video by travel writer Simon Calder :

http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/48-hours-in/48-hours-in-houston-8207175.html

Probably not the best thread to ask on but have any of you got any tips for getting single game tickets? We are in Boston the week of the Dolphins game and are now looking at the possibility of getting 3 tickets. Is it best to go through ticketma$ter when single tickets go onsale (in July?) or trying stubhub or similar?

Also any ideas of how the ticket exchange works? I know someone who is a season ticket holder, so are they able to buy on my behalf or do they have to exchange tickets for 1 game for another, so if that's a possibility I could try that route.

Try ticketmaster first on the day they release the tickets. Make sure you have a VISA credit card to pay for them. (They will not accept a Mastercard one)

As long as the global economy is where it's at, you shouldn't have too much trouble getting single game tickets via Ticketmaster. In ten years of going to games, I've only ever had to resort to scalpers twice.

thats great thanks! I'd noticed it was visa only, but good to know if I get in early there's a decent chance.

Around what time are single-game tickets usually sold on ticketmaster? And can anyone buy those tickets as I read on the Patriots page that they are only sold to season-ticket wait list members?

Obviously I will see all the RTers at the Browns game, but if anyone is coming to GIllette Stadium to any other game, please let me know ahead of time and maybe we can set up a get-together either before or after the game.

Around what time are single-game tickets usually sold on ticketmaster? And can anyone buy those tickets as I read on the Patriots page that they are only sold to season-ticket wait list me

From what I can tell anyone can buy single game tickets from July. Season ticket holders only can use the ticket exchange.

I am heading over in October for the Saints home game and then the Jets away as well as the Monday night Vikings @ Giants game the next day.

Tickets for the Jets and giants are fairly reasonable on stub hub but for the Patriots they are 3 times as expensive, so i am glad i read this as i will wait for the single game tickets to go on sale.

Edited by mablc001

I will be at week 3 game vs the Bucs. Very excited!! :-)

Maybe we can get together. Let me know when you arrive and when you are leaving Boston and where you are staying..

Maybe we can get together. Let me know when you arrive and when you are leaving Boston and where you are staying..

Yes that would be great Howard! A buddy of mine and I will be arriving in Boston on Saturday and leaving on Monday. Also catching the Sox-Blue Jays game on Saturday night :-) Staying at 40 Berkeley.

Tickets booked - Upper Midfield 331.. Have only ever sat in the lower stand before. V. Excited !! :-)

Will also be at the Buccs game in week 3, tickets all sorted, can't wait

Hey... Only 3 days left! I'm PMing you my mobile number so we can arrange to meet up before the game?

Vangelis,

If all works out with the rain I will be attending the game with my wife. We should be getting to the stadium by 10:00am. I have your cell phone #. I'll touch base with you maybe on Saturday, but most definately on Sunday. Are you taking the train to the game or driving?

Patriots80,

I'll PM you my cell # as well.

Edited by husky71

Vangelis,

If all works out with the rain I will be attending the game with my wife. We should be getting to the stadium by 10:00am. I have your cell phone #. I'll touch base with you maybe on Saturday, but most definately on Sunday. Are you taking the train to the game or driving?

Patriots80,

I'll PM you my cell # as well.

Hey Howard we will try and buy tickets for the train as soon as we arrive in Boston tomorrow morning (tried via the internet but not possible). If not we will try buying tickets on a coach which leaves Boston early morning on Sunday.

Looking forward to seeing you :-)

Anyone going over to the saints game next week or the Jets in New York the week after? Would be good to meet up for a few beers if anyone's going over

My husband and I are heading up to New England next weekend (he is a government employee who has been furloughed with the shutdown, so we have time on our hands). We don't have tickets for the Pats vs. Saints game, yet. If we can find some "decently" priced tickets we'll catch the game in Foxboro. Otherwise, I'll still enjoy watching the game in a bar surrounded by other Pats fans.

I usually try to buy the tickets on Ticket Exchange, but they are not listed frequently. StubHub is always super expensive, but works in a pinch. I have also bought tickets from Craigslist/Boston, but it makes me nervous since there are so many scammers out there.

I shall be enjoying my first trip to Gillette in 4 weeks time for the Steelers game.

Will be making my way there alone so if anyone else has decided to go the same week, would be brilliant to meet up.

I shall be enjoying my first trip to Gillette in 4 weeks time for the Steelers game.

Will be making my way there alone so if anyone else has decided to go the same week, would be brilliant to meet up.

Drop husky71 a line. No UKPatriot is ever alone for a game at Gillette as we have our resident ambassador on hand to welcome you.

Let me know your schedule and maybe we could meet-up. I'm a Season Ticket Holder so that's why waspie referred to me as 'our resident ambassador on hand'. My son and I are going (as usual) and we have 2 friends joining us, and I wouldn't be a bit surprised if a small pre-game tailgate might be in order. I'll let you know more details in plenty of time.

First chance to post since I got back. Went to Dolphins game. Absolutely brilliant. Gillette so much better than Wembley and the 2 guys next to us were brilliant with my 8 year old son. Good result, eventually. Bonus being in Boston when the Red Sox won it all!

Would recommend anyone going to Boston area to get a ticket.

I arrived in Boston on the day of the Red Sox parade, missed most of it but the atmosphere around the city was special. Must have been a nice bonus for you, glynnf.

Even though I travelled on my own, going to Gillette couldn't have been easier. Spoke to some great people on the day and beating the Steelers like that was perfect. Unbelieveable experience and cannot wait for next year to try it all again.

With a stack of unused annual leave, I am seriously considering a play-off game this season (not that I'm counting any chickens at this stage). Anyone else thinking along the same lines?

Waspie : you could risk it and wait til we get to the SuperBowl - what better way to savour our 4th S/B than in the stadium of the Jets and Giants!

i am looking at getting to a playoff game, subject to getting tickets- how hard will it be? how expensive will it be?

My seats are in sec 306. I paid $94/seat for the 1st game and $120/seat if the AFC Championship Game is played at GIllette. I pay $89/seat during the regular season. I don't know what other seat locations paid for playoff tickets so use my cost only as a guide.

BTW, availability will be whole other question.

Edited by husky71

Assuming we make the post-season...

It's gonna take a miracle from the Dolphins for us not to win the division. Unfortunately it will take a miracle from the Chiefs and the Vikes to give us a chance at the bye. Unless of course we beat the Ravens and the Bills. But it looks almost certain that today is a hat and t-shirt day.

i am looking at getting to a playoff game, subject to getting tickets- how hard will it be? how expensive will it be?

We bought our tickets from the concierge at the hotel we were staying in Boston last year for the AFCCG......from memory we paid about $600.00 each for middle lower tier Pats sideline. I think Stub Hub is your best bet....you can probably pick up the cheap seats for about $300.00 for the divisional game.

tickets for the divisional playoff game go on sale Monday 6th January at 10am eastern time usa, I have friends in the states and got myself one fly out Thursday for 4 days :) stopping in Mansfield 4 miles from Gillette stadium

Anyone else trying for tickets tomorrow? Flights from around GBP430 (470 direct). I'm going to give it a go.

Anybody going? I'm considering driving over from Detroit, will probably decide tomorrow evening depending on the weather forecast.