Sign in to follow this  
papa lazarou

2013 roadtrip preference thread.

*********UPDATE 24/04***************************************

**********************We are looking to make contact with the Pats early next week - so make your preferences known by Sunday to sway the vote!*******************************

Please, post your preferences in this thread if you are serious about roadtripping this year. If you are toying with the idea, or unsure if you can manage it at this time, the actual application process is a few weeks away and you don't need to participate in this thread to apply when the game is determined.

I won't make it a poll, I'd rather get a 1st/2nd/even 3rd choice. If your first choice is the only game you would go for then leave it at that.

The options:

Date Opponent Time

Thursday, Sept. 12 New York Jets 8:25 p.m. ET NFL Network

Sunday, Sept. 22 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 1:00 p.m. ET FOX

Sunday, Oct. 13 New Orleans Saints 4:25 p.m. ET FOX

Sunday, Oct. 27 Miami Dolphins 1:00 p.m. ET CBS

Sunday, Nov. 3 Pittsburgh Steelers 4:25 p.m. ET CBS

Sunday, Nov. 10 BYE WEEK

Sunday, Nov. 24 Denver Broncos 8:30 p.m. ET NBC*

Sunday, Dec. 8 Cleveland Browns 1:00 p.m. ET CBS*

Sunday, Dec. 29 Buffalo Bills 1:00 p.m. ET CBS*

*subject to flexible scheduling, game could end up being Sunday afternoon or evening

If we were to ask what the options were without any preference I suspect we'd be offered Bills, Browns or Bucs.If we get organised promptly with an approach we might have a shot at a more 'glamorous' game, but for those who have been before we know the roadtrip is much more than just the football!

Have at it....

Since the schedule has been released, the Broncos game has been mentioned 10 times, the Browns 4 times and the saints 3 times.

Early results indicate that the Broncos would appear to be the game.

Given the choice would go for the Broncos but happy with Browns or Saints. But agree with Mark that the game and opponents are just part of the RT.

It would be great if we could have a strong showing for the RT bearing in mind the events in Boston this week.

Having said that - would prefer to avoid the Bills and traveling over Christmas.

Dolphins, Steelers, Browns. Not being deliberately obtuse. Haven't seen any of these three. I think the Dolphins will be a lot more competitive this year, though I suppose some people will have tickets for Wembley that weekend. Steelers will always be there or thereabouts.

Bills is out of the question, and I'm not sure I could get excited about seeing the Bucs again.

If i had a choice i would now say Bronco's, and Browns as a second choice. The only game i wouldn't want is Bucc's since i've seen them twice before.

It would also be harder to get time off work for the Bills, Bucc's & Jets games.

Edited by Grecian_Patriot

Given the choice would go for the Broncos but happy with Browns or Saints. But agree with Mark that the game and opponents are just part of the RT.

It would be great if we could have a strong showing for the RT bearing in mind the events in Boston this week.

Having said that - would prefer to avoid the Bills and traveling over Christmas.

If you could pick a game that season-ticket holders are least likely to attend, I'm betting the Bills is it. For much the same reasons I imagine a lot of us aren't keen.

Since the schedule has been released, the Broncos game has been mentioned 10 times, the Browns 4 times and the saints 3 times.

Early results indicate that the Broncos would appear to be the game.

Then serious roadtrippers can promote them in this thread.

My only choice is the Browns. As I have booked and paid for flights, the Browns game lands right in the middle of my two week stay.

jokes aside i would love to see a brady manning game. i have never seen peyton play live so would be my choice but happy with any other game we get. autumn over a cold winter game

If I'm to have the remotest chance of making it, it'd need to be December onwards. Too much else to pay for this year!

So any game from then onwards.

1) New Orleans Saints

2) Denver Broncos

3) Miami Dolphins

for me :)

The Saints would be my choice as I am planning to go to that one then stay for the week, go to NY and go the Jets at the meadowlands

Definitely the Broncos as 1st choice, that would make a nice birthday :). Browns as second choice

My order of preference is...

1 Donkeys

2 Donkeys

3 Donkeys

4 Donkeys

So you won't come if we get offered another game?

I'd have to weigh it up Mark, as I'll have to stretch the piggy bank regardless of if/who we get tickets for, However seeing the Pats take on a team i have loathed since a child & desperatly want to see beaten to a pulp with the added Manning/Welker factors would help me feel better about making the financial commitment... :)

Broncos

Saints

Browns

I can look for a ticket to see the Steelers in London now as the Patriots aren't at home that week as that's the other team I would really liked to have seen. Would like to see them play the Jets too just to experience the rivalry so that would be my fourth choice.

Either way, I loved the road trip last year so any game would be fantastic.

*********UPDATE 24/04***************************************

We are looking to make contact with the Pats early next week - so make your preferences known by Sunday to sway the vote!

Saints or Broncos! Either one is good for me.

Oct for the autumn angle, sorry, fall or Broncos because of the Manning/Brady match and the return of the Wes! :blink:

By the way, how does it work? Do we travel together to the US? Meet up there?

Book hotels separately?

Book hotels separately?

all we do is arrange tickets for the game. its up to you how long you stay and how and when you meet us. we normally stay near the ground the day before and after and the rest is up to you. im sure if you want to share a room there is normally someone else who is happy to do that

Book hotels separately?

In the past the some of the Roadtrippers stayed at the Courtyard Norwood a short ride to Gillette Stadium the night before thru the night of the game, with some arriving earlier and/or staying longer. We all meet at the Courtyard the day of the game and caravan to the Stadium. We try to get a group discount, but we need at least 10 rooms to do that. As after the game is decided, and we have an idea of how many rooms are needed we contact the hotel and do what we can. We will let everyone know during the summer..

Edited by husky71

Excellent! Good to know.

Getting a bit excited now.

Only a bit though ;)

My 1st choice would be Denver 2nd choice would be Browns , I guess we stand more chance with the Browns than Broncos though :)

OK

Clear preference/winner is the Broncos

Broad middle ground Browns/Saints/Steelers/Fins

Little Love Jets/ Tampa/Bills

Lets see what happens....

NEPFCA (AZ Pats fans) have been offered Bucs. They usually have a bigger group than we do, but it's an early indicator of which tickets the front office are happy to release.

after playing the bucs in london i like to see against teams i havent seen us play (i did see us play denver when cassell won us the game) but would love to see a brady manning match

No tickets are being made available for the Broncos, Steelers or Saints.

Check your availability for 8th December and check the new thread in this forum!!!

I'm happy with that. Looking forward to joining my first official road trip fo quite a few years. Seriously considering hanging around and heading to Miami the week after.

I'm happy with that. Looking forward to joining my first official road trip fo quite a few years. Seriously considering hanging around and heading to Miami the week after.

i think i may do the same. tickets for miami will be easy to get as well

I'm not going on the RT this year but if I was I would go for the Browns game

That sucks Jamie, my attendance is normally based off of yours for shear entertainment value ;)

I know its been announced now but my preference would have been:

Patriots

Patriots

Patriots

:D

Difficult one for me this year as time off work is obviously a must, but with this transfer to Canada pencilled in for mid July, and further delays on that being highly probable, booking any time off work would be pretty rude of me at this point! December game would have been the best bet for me anyway. Plus I love freezing my ass off.

I actually pinned my hopes on the Bills game in Buffalo as my game this year (need to keep the 5 year streak alive!). Its only an hour and half drive from Toronto.