mrs laz

2013 Roadtrip vs Browns 8th December - Discussion thread

There's only one room left its a guest room 2 Queens, is there anybody want to split it, its only $129 per night sat-sun, think ill stay in boston in the friday

Doesn't seem right. I'll check with the hotel monday morning and let everyone know how any rooms are left. We have added rooms over the past week so there is enough room for everyone.

BTW, I was thinking of this hotel Tues-Fri (Hilton Doubletree Club Boston Bayside) :

http://doubletree3.hilton.com/en/hotels/massachusetts/doubletree-club-by-hilton-hotel-boston-bayside-BOSCHDT/index.html

Stayed there in 2011, it's really handy for the JFK/UMass T which is on the Red Line, hotel is nice with decent sized rooms and all the usual TV channels etc, WiFi is available but it's quite expensive and the area around it on the road in is a bit hairy but it's fine between there and the T.

That's my Room booked for the sat-sun in Norwood,, hoping to spend Friday in Boston as really want to do tour off Fenway Park,, I've sent you a email "husky71"

Guest sanj2000

Thanks, GlasgowPat.

It's near the JFK Library which one place I am interested in seeing, and it's also near the red line T as you say.

There's a Target nearby where I can pick up some cheap Christmas presents, too!

From memory, it's not the easiest to get to (think you need to cross the I-93 which may not be the easiest... you're also not far from Quincy/Braintree on theT for the South Shore Plaza mall which has loads of shops (including Target)

From memory, it's not the easiest to get to (think you need to cross the I-93 which may not be the easiest... you're also not far from Quincy/Braintree on theT for the South Shore Plaza mall which has loads of shops (including Target)

And a CHEESECAKE FACTORY STORE :wub: You could waste a lot of time in there trying to choose which one to go for. :D

Mmmm Cheesecake Factory :) I remember the 1 in the Prudential Centre very well & sitting on the T station eating cheesecake :)

Oh & Sanj I would definitely go to South Shore Mall way more selection of shops :)

Mmmm Cheesecake Factory :) I remember the 1 in the Prudential Centre very well & sitting on the T station eating cheesecake :)

Oh & Sanj I would definitely go to South Shore Mall way more selection of shops :)

There's one at South Shore Plaza now. :)

Howard I've sampled the cheesecake in that 1 as well , just to make sure its the same standard of course :)

Spoke to Ed last night - great news is that he is back coming to most games and will definitely be at ours. He is going to catch up with Paul to start talking tailgate :-)

Spoke to Ed last night - great news is that he is back coming to most games and will definitely be at ours. He is going to catch up with Paul to start talking tailgate :-)

This is fantastic news :)

So myself, Grecian & Aldo are all on the 11.30am (AA operated by BA) flight out of Heathrow on Friday 6th, returning on the 9.10pm out of Logan redeye to Heathrow on Tuesday 10th. Planning on watching MNF in Whiskeys & spending Tuesday in or around Boston ;).

We're all staying at the Courtyard on Sat & Sun. 40 Berkley hostel for the other nights, need to save some cash somewhere.

Well i'm on that flight as well. I have a 6:00 am flight down from Manc. I think Warren will be booking that flight as well.

11.30am (AA operated by BA)

Now why didn't I think of that? I've booked the same flight on Saturday, but the BA version. Would have got a discount on my domestic AA flight if I had booked it with the inernational AA version! Doh!

Planning on watching MNF in Whiskeys

Cool. Bristol Chris and myself are camped down about 200yds from there. However, I quite fancy re-visiting the Red Hat Cafe as an alternative, even though I think their 10c wings are a Sunday only thing.

Love the Red Hat. Best turkey club in Boston.

even though I think their 10c wings are a Sunday only thing.

I was wrong .. :D

Monday 10 cent wings 5 PM - 10 PM

Might well be passing on Whiskeys in favour of the Red Hat :D

Guest sanj2000

Martynb27 - when do you get to Boston? Both BDD_73 and I also want to do the Fenway tour, but I am not too sure on who else on the R/T wants to do it.

Waspie - are you still planning on the Harpoon tour on Friday, as I am up for that one. Anyone else? The other tour (Jakes Abbey) seems a bit too far out of Boston to get to. Especially as Howard has kindly got me a ticket for the Huskies game on Friday evening.

Flights are now booked, on Delta : LHR-BOS on Tues 3 and BOS-LHR Mon 9 December.

Edited by sanj2000

I think a trip to Sam LaGrassas is a must after we all went a couple years back, very nice sandwiches!!

I think a trip to Sam LaGrassas is a must after we all went a couple years back, very nice sandwiches!!

ohhh don't start this again. We lost count how many times you demanded to go.....:)

We're quite nice though. I'll grant you that...

Guest sanj2000

Secret Seagull - Monday's no good for me, as that's the day after the game and I will be flying home that day (albeit late afternoon).

Not sure what day the others wanted to do the tour?

Monday's no good for me, as that's the day after the game and I will be flying home that day (albeit late afternoon).

Sounds like the perfect time. What else are you going to do all day? :)

Monday's no good for me, as that's the day after the game and I will be flying home that day (albeit late afternoon).

Sounds like the perfect time. What else are you going to do all day? :)

go on the tour late morning lasts 2 hours max have some lunch walk around the city. train to airport takes no time can leave town by 3pm easy day

ohhh don't start this again. We lost count how many times you demanded to go..... :)

I must have suggested it once or twice, well worth it though!

EDIT: Keeps double quoting on me, no idea why.

ohhh don't start this again. We lost count how many times you demanded to go..... :)

Once or twice? :mellow:

Waspie - are you still planning on the Harpoon tour on Friday, as I am up for that one. Anyone else? The other tour (Jakes Abbey) seems a bit too far out of Boston to get to. Especially as Howard has kindly got me a ticket for the Huskies game on Friday evening.

Yes - I'm definitely doing Harpoon on the Friday. Probably heading to Cambridge Brewing Company and/or Deep Ellum afterwards. I assume the usual suspects will be out in Boylston later.

Flights booked :D

Gee .. thanks BA .. Sale now on .. The same flights are now £50 cheaper !!! *&£"*(!!!! *^^*& :mad: :mad:

i shall book now

Flights booked :D

Gee .. thanks BA .. Sale now on .. The same flights are now £50 cheaper !!! *&£"*(!!!! *^^*& :mad: :mad:

i shall book now

And buy the beers with the money you saved, for those that booked earlier ^_^

Bit unfair, I think Warren should get the first round in.

I think also, someone is abusing their moderating duties judging on this!

http://www.jaguars.com/gameday/gameday-info/prohibited-items.html

I know this is from the Jags website (OK, OK, I'm on their Facebook stream because a very good friend who has got me tickets for their Wembley game so TBX3 and I can go 'cos he won't see nothing of the Vikings because AP will have taken him out when forced out of bounds and crashing into TBX3 who will be holding the down marker and giving him concussion) but given that it says NFL - the assumption is that this will apply at all games.

Camera Bag!

Poles - I think this is a case for the supreme court for discrimination against Polish people.

Guns - what d'ya mean, I can't take a gun into the stadium!

And will this apply to the Wembley games?

The big daddy has now booked his flight ticket! Yes!

Ahm a gonna be a-shipping up to Boston! :D

http://www.jaguars.com/gameday/gameday-info/prohibited-items.html

I know this is from the Jags website (OK, OK, I'm on their Facebook stream because a very good friend who has got me tickets for their Wembley game so TBX3 and I can go 'cos he won't see nothing of the Vikings because AP will have taken him out when forced out of bounds and crashing into TBX3 who will be holding the down marker and giving him concussion) but given that it says NFL - the assumption is that this will apply at all games.

Camera Bag!

Poles - I think this is a case for the supreme court for discrimination against Polish people.

Guns - what d'ya mean, I can't take a gun into the stadium!

And will this apply to the Wembley games?

You get a leaflet with that on explaining the bags you can and cant take when you get the International Game tickets

Edited by Tommo

The NFL has initiated their bag policy for games here in the states. http://www.nfl.com/allclear

As a gift from the Weiss family, please be advised that every RTer will receive a bag with the Patriots Logo on it at the Hotel on the Sunday Morning of the game. It's just a small 'Thankyou" from us for the way we were so cordially treated when Deb and I attended the Wembley game in 2009 and when Ben and I attended the Wembley game in 2012.

http://proshop.patriots.com/p/patriots-clear-ultimate-bag/pid/45017/sdid/130/pdid/1

Edited by husky71

Planning our US trip for 2014 at the moment (not on the road trip this year) but I will never cease to be amazed at the generosity of you guys over there.

And hope you are feeling OK now. Not good to put you through that performance!

Hey, question. Would it be best to get travel insurance for the trip?

You should get travel insurance no matter where you go really

Yes. If you need medical help it can cost a fortune and a policy that covers medical usually takes care of all of the regular travel stuff like loss of bags.

Don't even think about travelling to the States without adequate travel & medical insurance

Whoops :ph34r: Honestly don't think I have had any 2 of the 3 times I went, the other one I had insurance for my work visa in the great white north so was probably covered under that.

ACE travel insurance I went with then, seemed pretty cheap.

The NFL has initiated their bag policy for games here in the states. http://www.nfl.com/allclear

As a gift from the Weiss family, please be advised that every RTer will receive a bag with the Patriots Logo on it at the Hotel on the Sunday Morning of the game. It's just a small 'Thankyou" from us for the way we were so cordially treated when Deb and I attended the Wembley game in 2009 and when Ben and I attended the Wembley game in 2012.

http://proshop.patriots.com/p/patriots-clear-ultimate-bag/pid/45017/sdid/130/pdid/1

I have also added something additional from us that I'm sure everyone can use, especially if you travel alot or even a little. In the game bag, everyone will find a Luggage Spotter. Wrap it around the handle of your luggage and you'll always know which bag is yours.

http://web.mail.comcast.net/service/home/~/LUGSPTOR%20blue_CS.JPG?auth=co&loc=en_US&id=238712&part=2

Edited by husky71

After yesterday's wembley game I'm starting to get excited about the Browns game now,, someone asked further up in the comments sorry just seen it, I arrive on the Friday in Boston 130ish pm, was thinking off doing Fenway tour either Saturday morning before heading out too courtyard or Monday once back in Boston,, I'll still to look into booking it

So its time to book some transport I think. Looking at Megabus or just flying down from Toronto. I see most are getting in on Friday and staying at 40 Berkeley on the Friday and Monday night?

You guys have already booked this place, as if you book triple rooms it would be more cost effective. Who else is looking for a place these nights??

Cheers

Anyone else starting to think that this might actually be a pretty decent game the way the Browns are playing?

Hope not. Hope it is 17-0 to us

3 Reasons

1. Soccer fan in Ohio I mail/talk with is a Browns Fan
  2. They beat us 4 years ago
  3. I won't be there :P

Enjoy it guys - and for those on the first time, it's brilliant.

We'll find out on Sunday just how good the Bengals are. But the other 2 teams the Browns have beaten are the Vikings and the Bills. So lets just pump the brakes on that one.

Mr pedantic has corrected your post Aldo :P:lol: