mrs laz

2013 Roadtrip vs Browns 8th December - Discussion thread

Guys how much does this trip roughly cost,? Just out of interest say if you were doing one next year?

Edited by Caio

I'll let you know afterwards! ;)

if your going down to norwood on saturday i suggest you go to teh pro shop then, you will have more time space and stock will be full. dont try on the monday as something you may want maybe sold out

Guys how much does this trip roughly cost,? Just out of interest say if you were doing one next year?

About £750 for the flights and hotels and transport and then the same amount again for the Pro-shop and Beers

if your going down to norwood on saturday i suggest you go to teh pro shop then, you will have more time space and stock will be full. dont try on the monday as something you may want maybe sold out

I'm driving out to Foxboro on Saturday to do the Pro Shop and check in to the hotel before heading back for the hockey if anyone wants to tag along.

I'm driving out to Foxboro on Saturday to do the Pro Shop and check in to the hotel before heading back for the hockey if anyone wants to tag along.

im pick car up at 11am from hertz park plaza

Obviously a lot depends on how long you go for, what grade of hotel you use, what else you want to do whilst there and how much you like to eat & drink.

This year I reckon my costs excluding Food, drink & Pro-shop spend are about £900.

That covers flights, 4 nights accommodation, game ticket, Bruins game ticket, hire car and getting to Heathrow & back.

Beyond that the worlds your oyster ( I know someone who spent $800 in shops at Gillette in an hour or so) :huh:

does this trip happen on a yearly basis? As a teacher its a bit of a pain for me!!

Yep, annual RT! :)

Hi guys from beautiful Chatham on Cape Cod. Just off for a few beers and something fishy to eat. Spent most of the day visiting our Pilgrim past in Plymouth. See you Friday/Saturday.

Hi guys from beautiful Chatham on Cape Cod. Just off for a few beers and something fishy to eat. Spent most of the day visiting our Pilgrim past in Plymouth. See you Friday/Saturday.

Glad to hear the advance party has arrived safe & sound :)

Gillette is hosting 6 HS state games on the saturday if anybody is about.

By Bob Holmes, Globe Staff

We knew the teams, now we know the times. The MIAA announced the starting times for the six high school football Super Bowls, scheduled for Saturday, Dec. 7, at Gillette Stadium in Foxborough. The day begins at 9 a.m. with the Division 6 game and concludes with Bishop Fenwick playing Northbridge at 8 p.m.

The lineup:

Division 1: Central Catholic vs. Xaverian, 3:30 p.m.

Division 2: Mansfield vs. St. John's (S), 1:30 p.m.

Division 3: Tewksbury vs. Plymouth South, 6 p.m.

Division 4: Dennis-Yarmouth vs. Doherty, 11 a.m.

Division 5: Bishop Fenwick vs. Northbridge, 8 p.m.

Division 6: Cohasset vs. Littleton, 9 a.m.

I got married in Chatham! Hope you're having a good time.

I arrived earlier and got to experience the new Logan car rental palace before heading up to New Hampshire. Looking forward to seeing everyone at the weekend.

What's the pre/post-game watering hole for the ice-hockey? Hope to catch some of you there.

Boing Boing !!

OK OK , I know when I'm not wanted !! :(

MNF - Red Hat Cafe, say around 7:30?

What's the pre/post-game watering hole for the ice-hockey? Hope to catch some of you there.

Boing Boing !!

OK OK , I know when I'm not wanted !! :(

MNF - Red Hat Cafe, say around 7:30?

Don't be so sensitive ;):P

How about that bar we were in for Thursday night football 2 years ago. I've no idea what is was called, but it was very close to TD Garden, how I ever got back to my hotel that night I'll never know.

MNF at The Red Hat sounds good to me (10 cent wings night again) :)

Friday night at The Pourhouse as usual for Roadtrips :D

We've done Sulli's Tap before, but it might be a bit too busy, and we're probably too big a group for the narrow bar, so how about the Fours right next door?

On a game day, it might be a case of just wherever you can get in though.

Anyone not doing the game but in Boston is very welcome to join (Bristol) Chris and I that evening. We'll probably head across to Boylston once the hockey dudes depart, but it won't be a late one as we will have flown in that day, and have something planned for early the next morning ;)

Ice skating, Monday evening, before Red Hat Cafe? Say 5:30 at the Frog?

Might be the last chance i get to post here before the flight out. Just wanted to say thanks once again to everyone who's made this trip happen. Look forward to seeing a lot of you guys again and if you aren't joining us, heres hoping you come on a trip in the near future.

It's gone awfully quiet round here today... I wonder if there are some forum members on flights somewhere...? Enjoy everyone and bring back the W!!!

same here, fly tomorrow on the 11.30 BA flight from Heathrow

a few on that flight if you have our numbers call us at airport and we can all travel together etc

a few on that flight if you have our numbers call us at airport and we can all travel together etc

We'll be wearing Patriots kit :)

We'll be wearing Patriots kit :)

i wont be

Think we'll be quite close, seats wise, on the flight too :)

I switched into my Pats Shirt as I got off the flight on the last winning road trip.

Got a really nice welcome from the guy on immigration.

I got married in Chatham! Hope you're having a good time.

I arrived earlier and got to experience the new Logan car rental palace before heading up to New Hampshire. Looking forward to seeing everyone at the weekend.

Chatham is really nice. Everyone is so very friendly and very interested in our trip. A really nice part of the world - a great choice for a wedding.

Current forecast for Sunday - High of 33, Low of 29, zero chance of precipitation

just wondering what if anything is planned for those in the courtyard norwood that aren't going to the hockey, but are looking for a few drinks - are there any pubs/bars close to the hotel or is everyone going to be in boston?

If you have transportation, the Courtyard is not far from Legacy Place to the north or Patriots Place to the south. Plenty of bars/restaurants within a few milkes in either direction.

http://www.legacyplace.com/

http://www.patriot-place.com/

also:

http://www.britishbeer.com/walpole

Guest MylesHSG

Have a great time at the game today. Will be looking out for the UK Patriots banner. Lets hope it goes better than the Cardinals game last year!

Oh me of little faith in TB and BB. :o

In fact that is the first time we have recovered a kick off since, well since Everton won at Old Trafford - oh wait that was only Wednesday. Well it was 18 years so I didn't realise we were allowed to do this. Something the NFL had written into the rule book.

So 12 points with 2:35 remaining - - - -

OK, off to write out 100 times

I must not write off Tom Brady until time has expired.

On the other hand, with a nerve wrecking performance like that, I think if I had been in Foxboro, then my heart may have expired!

Edited by PaulsaidThesearemypeople

Guest MylesHSG

Shame it was a rather boring game for you guys :D

Edited by MylesHSG

Many many thanks once again to our hosts Howard, Paul, Ed and Brian. You make everyone feel so welcome. The organisation to get everyone together and get to the game is especially appreciated by our new members. Your hospitality is why keep coming back!

We missed some good UKP friends this year, but it was fantastic to meet so many new 'trippers for our largest group yet, thanks in no small part to our wonderful event organisers. Mandy and Mark, we salute you! Thanks guys

Just the same as Ade really. Just want to thank everybody that came & to our hosts Howard, Paul, Ed & Brian.

Another big thank you to Mark & Mandy for the work you do.

Great to meet up again with old friends, new friends & Danny.

There is two moto's to this years RT. NEVER leave any game early & NEVER give up on the Patriots. NEVER.

Great to meet up again with old friends, new friends & Danny.

So, if Danny isn't an 'old friend' or a 'new friend' exactly what is he. ;)