mrs laz

2013 Roadtrip vs Browns 8th December - Discussion thread

It was a great weekend. It was great to see everyone again. The 'Patriots Today' crew was sort of last minute. I have to thank Fred Kirsch for providing Jackie Brittain with my contact info at 9:30am and everything just fell into place from there. For those who don't know, Brian Lowe is no longer with the Patriots Organization as he had decided to move on. Many thanks to Jackie Brittain for allowing Rachel and her 'Patriots Today' film crew to meet everyone at the tailgate, then to introduce the UKPatriots to the rest of Patriots Nation as part of one of the video productions on Patriots.com.

Tomorrow I will be joining Mark Jubb and 3 others at the Tuesday PFW radio show at noon.

BTW, I hope the hand warmers and foot warmers came in handy at the game.

Many many thanks once again to our hosts Howard, Paul, Ed and Brian. You make everyone feel so welcome. The organisation to get everyone together and get to the game is especially appreciated by our new members. Your hospitality is why keep coming back!

We missed some good UKP friends this year, but it was fantastic to meet so many new 'trippers for our largest group yet, thanks in no small part to our wonderful event organisers. Mandy and Mark, we salute you! Thanks guys

As above. These trips wouldn't be possible without the help of many great people doing it because they want to, not because they have to. My thanks to you all.

Obviously I would have said this earlier but I couldn't get a word in because of Warren. That bloke never shuts up!!

Just got back, reflecting on what was again, a fantastic weekend. Met some new friends, and caught up with some old ones too. I thought I was the luckiest guy in the world after my 1st RT, but after my 4th time, I can't put into words how much it means to me to be a part of this great community. I would like to thank everyone who makes this weekend run so smoothly, from tickets to hotels, and to the tailgate itself, Paul, Ed, Howard, Boris and co, you're hospitality is truly amazing. I'd like to thank David for driving me around all weekend, and Mr Jubb for getting me back into Boston safely this morning among some crappy driving conditions.

And to guys on our side of the pond, Mark & Mandy, Ade and all the mods...thanks for having me back, and a special thanks to M&M again for my British sweets, and to Jamie for my request of deodorant that I can't get over here!

Not the greatest performance but I will take the W. The only sad thing to see was just how many fans left Gillette after Cameron scored his TD. You think they would stick by the team when they need their support the most, anything is possible in this sport and the Patriots have displayed that numerous times down the years, and 4 or 5 times this year too!

Go Pats!

So, if Danny isn't an 'old friend' or a 'new friend' exactly what is he. ;)

Great to meet up again with old friends, new friends & Danny.

It's ok Howard, he is just rehashing a joke of mine I made last week regarding seeing some old friends and Warren! ;)

Guest ep 1969

Hello to you all who came over, hope you all had a good time. It was great to be back with you all after missing last year- hope you enjoyed the chili and gumbo.

Ed

Echoing the above; great weekend with good friends. A huge thank you to everyone who helped to make it happen.

Gumbo, chilli, hope the famous meatballs were on the menu this year?

As always Neil! ;)

Guest sanj2000

Just agreeing with Ade, Danny, and the rest - thank you to everyone who organised, drove, and just turned up to make that a wonderful weekend. What a special and fantastic trip that was - topped off with a big W!! Of course, additional thanks have to go to our US based hosts who allowed us to have an amazing time.

This was my first R/T but I am already thinking of next year's....

If there any new members who are unsure of whether they should go - because of expense, or they won't know people, etc - don't even think or worry about it, but just GO! You can make it as cheap or costly as you want (stay for the weekend or a week); the UKPatriots are all such a friendly & helpful bunch, I didn't feel left out once, despite being new. The experience is just amazing - the whole tailgating thing, Gillette Stadium, the match itself - it's all worth it, and you deserve to go at least once if you're Patriots fan.

Thanks once again to all concerned!

Sanjay

It was a great weekend. It was great to see everyone again. The 'Patriots Today' crew was sort of last minute. I have to thank Fred Kirsch for providing Jackie Brittain with my contact info at 9:30am and everything just fell into place from there. For those who don't know, Brian Lowe is no longer with the Patriots Organization as he had decided to move on. Many thanks to Jackie Brittain for allowing Rachel and her 'Patriots Today' film crew to meet everyone at the tailgate, then to introduce the UKPatriots to the rest of Patriots Nation as part of one of the video productions on Patriots.com.

Tomorrow I will be joining Mark Jubb and 3 others at the Tuesday PFW radio show at noon.

BTW, I hope the hand warmers and foot warmers came in handy at the game.

I think heart defibrillators may be more useful next year.

And if they are going to continue to play like this could I suggest that to help a local charity totally finance a new wing for the children's hospital a "Swear Box" for contributions (no hard evidence but just a hunch it would have overflowed this year).

And so gutted with the Pats organisation's mess up that the film crew were unable to film you guys singing something to the tune of "Walking in a Winter Wonderland"

Just want to say thanks once again to everyone who made the last few days happen. Couldn't have asked for better matches and couldn't have asked for a better weekend.

Hopefully see most of you again at the superbowl party :)

Back home after a great weekend. Thanks to everyone who had a hand in organising any part of the trip, from tickets, to cars, hotels, goody bags etc.

And to everyone for making the effort to come along, get involved and celebrate both the Patriots and the UK Patriots.

It was great to see everyone again. The list of road trippers gets bigger and bigger each year. It you haven't been yet - start saving now !

What an amazing game. From disappointment and puzzlement at the usual very slow start, to despair at Gronk going down and not getting up to euphoria at that amazing finish. The stadium was literally rocking after the recovered onside kick so you can imagine what it was like when Amendola pocketed the game winning touchdown. Mind you, that final Brown's drive was tense !

As always, huge thanks to our great American friends. Howard for his usual, invaluable background work. This really is much appreciated. Paul and Ed for the amazing food at the tailgate. I don't know how you do such great food in such quantity.

And all of you, Boris, Mike etc for being such great company. It's a privilege we don't take for granted.

Steve and Pam

Don't really mean to make anyone back home jealous but its currently 83f in Fort Lauderdale & i'm on the beach :)

You sure won't need footwarmers or hand warmers on Sunday. :D

Don't really mean to make anyone back home jealous but its currently 83f in Fort Lauderdale & i'm on the beach :)

You sure won't need footwarmers or hand warmers on Sunday. :D

Footwarmers were great! A must have for future winter games. Still warm, if a bit sweaty, when I got back to the hotel.

Just got back today after lengthy delays due to the fog at Heathrow. Big thanks to everyone who contributed in a geeat weekend. To Mandy for organising the gameday activities. To Paul for getting the tickets. And for those lovely balls that were especially delicious this year. To Ed and Borris for also making the tailgate what it is. The chilli and gumbo were both awesome. To Mark for sorting out the hostel and the hire car. Your efforts made my trip so much easier. Thanks to David for getting the Bruins tickets. And to Howard for all you did. Getting the group discount for the hotel and providing the foot and hand warmers. And thanks for driving us to Gillette Stadium on Tuesday for the PFW in Progress visit. It was a great trip and we got to see two truly great sporting spectacles with the B's and the Pats providing great comeback wins. And it was made even better by the weather. Cant beat a nice crisp New England winter to watch some football in. Just a pity the snow came a day too late. The only real blemish on the week was that we lost Gronk for the year. It was great seeing you all again and it was great meeting the newbies. Hopefully it wont be so long before I get back.

Edited by aldopatriot

Great to meet up with everyone again & as numerous people have said a big thanks to all involved in the organisation from Paul & Howard to Mandy & Mark.

I'm glad I could chip in with the Bruins tickets & provide transport.

Hopefully we can all meet up again soon & I so wish I had the holiday left to have gone on to Miami !!

My first trip and what a trip it was. The Bruins coming back, the Pats coming back.. fantastic!

I loved it all, the balls too ;)

Many many thanks to those it made it all possible as well, the tickets, the driving heartfelt thanks to you all.

Wonderful to meet so many news faces and friends and have an experience I'll be thinking about till my dying day.

Top quotes: At the Bruins game just prior to the winning shot: 'play the clock doon!'

At the Pats, just prior to the big push, 'I came over three thousand miles for this?!'

And of course, which clothes mark you out as being French and what not liking the NFL and wearing an ear-ring really means :)

At the Pats, just prior to the big push, 'I came over three thousand miles for this?!'

Hey now. I thought we agreed that we were spinning that to make it sound like a positive.

Hey now. I thought we agreed that we were spinning that to make it sound like a positive.

Not a chance is that happening..... :P

Haha! :D

More info' please!

He came into the bar we were at, and took our table as we left. Managed a quick handshake and had him admit he wants to come back to London soon.

the next night out with fred we almost got a ride in his limo. shame the venue wasnt fitting a man of his stature

Caption on the 8th picture must be wrong.

Edelman "high fives" the EZM - for Julian it may have been high but for the militia men, surely they need to be bending down to meet his high five?

He came into the bar we were at, and took our table as we left. Managed a quick handshake and had him admit he wants to come back to London soon.

And he took my seat...

Caption on the 8th picture must be wrong.

Edelman "high fives" the EZM - for Julian it may have been high but for the militia men, surely they need to be bending down to meet his high five?

He isn't that small.... bigger than Woodhead and Welker.