Sign in to follow this  
husky71

Staying at the Courtyard for the Browns game - Roadtrippers only

As in the past, I have a proposal from the Courtyard by Marriott in Norwood for a discounted rate for the weekend of the game. As long as we reserve a minimum of 10 rooms we can get a group rate of $129/night.

Here is the link for the hotel for those who would like to check out the hotel: http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/bosnw-courtyard-boston-norwood/

I would like to know who would be interested with the offered accomodations for Saturday and Sunday night December 7-8. For those interested in arriving prior to Saturday and leaving after Sunday, I'm sure the Hotel would be willing to offer the group rate. Most of the rooms have 2 Queen or 2 Double Beds, although rooms with a King Bed are available if requested early enough. When I know how many rooms are needed I will sign a contract with the Courtyard. Once the contract is signed we will be given a link to a reservation website where each individual can reserve his own room. Everyone will be financially responsible for their own accomodations.

Please PM me or e-mail me through the MB with the following information:

Name on UKPatriots

Given name

What nights would be your preference

What room set-up would you like (single or double)

Would you be willing to share a room (please let me know who your roommate will be).

If you are staying elsewhere please let me know as I would like be sure to account for all Roadtrippers.

I would like this information from all RTers by June 21st so I can get a good idea regarding the number and types of rooms to set up a contract with the Courtyard. I realize it is early in the process, but I want to be sure we have enough rooms (excess rooms can be cancelled) and not find ourselves without enough rooms for everyone who wants one. The Courtyard will sell out quickly as it does for all Patriots home games.

See you all in December.

Edited by husky71

Sounds good. Is it easy access from there to Boston, public transport wise for those keen to go earlier?

Someone else might know better then I but I believe there is a Commuter Rail station nearby. Easy, probable not, doable, porbably yes.

dont worry about transport if you are staying near or with the group on friday a few will be driving down to the hotel for sat

Someone else might know better then I but I believe there is a Commuter Rail station nearby. Easy, probable not, doable, porbably yes.

Yes, and the hotel runs a courtesy bus on demand (or at least they used to)

Howie - I will email you the full list of roadtripper emails later this week so you can do group emails re the hotel, in case you find this an easier way to manage the hotel comms.

As usual, Mark and I will be staying in Boston and driving to/from on game day. So you can count us out of any hotel room numbers.

Howie - I will email you the full list of roadtripper emails later this week so you can do group emails re the hotel, in case you find this an easier way to manage the hotel comms.

As usual, Mark and I will be staying in Boston and driving to/from on game day. So you can count us out of any hotel room numbers.

Thanks.

Guest sanj2000

BDD - to answer your question re train stations nearby, both Canton Junction and Norwood Junction are the nearest stations, and they run trains in/out of South Station in Boston.

I haven't been to Boston or used these stations. I was planning on staying in central Boston for a few days for sightseeing and then check in to the R/T hotel on Saturday, for Sat + Sun nights, possibly using the train to get to and from the hotel.

That was similar to my plan too. Maybe get there on Thurs or Fri, stay around centre of Boston and then ship on up to NE!

Here is the list of RTers indicating who has confirmed that they are staying at the Courtyard:

Applications received (total 29):
David x 1 YES - SHARING A ROOM WITH WARREN
Hanks x 3 NO
Aldo x 1 YES - SHARING A ROOM WITH WASPIE
BognorPat x 1 YES

DG31 x 1 YES - WILL SHARE A ROOM

Locke x 2 YES
Rat Noir x 2 YES
GrecianPat x 1 YES - SHARING WITH SWINDON PATRIOT

Patman x 2 YES
BDD73 x 1 YES - WILL SHARE A ROOM
Swindon Patriot x 1 YES - SHARING WITH GRECIAN PATRIOT
papalaz x 2 WILL STAY IN JP
danny x 1 YES - WILL SHARE A ROOM
patriotsjay x 2 YES

chelseafan71 x 2 YES

sanj2000 x 2 YES

Warren x 1 YES - SHARING A ROOM WITH DAVID
honkforgronk x 1 PLEASE CONFIRM

secret seagull x1 PLEASE CONFIRM

Bristol Pat x 1 PLEASE CONFIRM

Waspie x 1 YES - SHARING A ROOM WITH ALDO

If I missed someones response I apologize.

On Friday 6/21, or before if possible, I will contract with the Courtyard for the # of rooms needed. All of the rooms will be 2 Queen beds, but I'll look into special requests (1 King bed). I can contract for additional rooms and cancel them if need be, but I would rather not do that if possible. If I don't contract enough rooms someone will be left out. Please let me know asap.

Edited by waspie

Provisional yes and willing to share a room too to cut the costs.

That's a yes for me Howard and i'm willing to share :) (sorry for late reply)

Yeh, I'm willing to share too BUT I do snore. So I-pods might be advisable with BDD in residence! :wacko:

Hi Howard.

Thanks for setting things up with the Courtyard. I'm staying with family in Boston so won't need a room.

Those of you saying "Yes", is that for Saturday or Sunday ,, or both? I'm flying in Saturday, and was hoping there might be a bit of a night out in Beantown lined up, but if everybody's going to be out of town, then I may have to reconsider.

Sat & Sun for me too. We could always have a get together at somewhere like CBS Scene as we did a few years ago.

Never know, we may get some interesting visitors again. :)

We're in for both Saturday and Sunday. Will be downtown for Friday night though :)

There will be 16 rooms available for the weekend of the game, 15 have 2 queen beds and 1 (already spoken for so don't reserve it) has a King bed. In a few days I will be contacted by the Hotel and will be given a reservation link to be used exclusively by the RTers for the weekend of the game. Because of the number of rooms available in the room block, I will need a few of those who are willing to share a room to do so. Reservations must be received no later than November 15 - but don't wait until the last minute. At that time the hotel will release any unreserved rooms for general sale.

BTW, anyone interested in staying at the Courtyard a day or two before or after the weekend, please contact me before you make your reservation so I can get you the group rate.

Sat & Sun for me too. We could always have a get together at somewhere like CBS Scene as we did a few years ago.

Thats a good idea! :)

Good idea.

They better not wake me up with their snoring though

:D

I'll be in for that! Plus for a newbie Road Tripper like me it will be good to arrive a little early to check out The Hall before meeting up at CBS Scene in the evening.

I'll be in for that! Plus for a newbie Road Tripper like me it will be good to arrive a little early to check out The Hall before meeting up at CBS Scene in the evening.

Another essential! They add to it every year too so wouldn't mind checking it out again, would be my 3rd time.

I guess I better get cracking on this one. Who wants to be the unlucky volunteer to share a room with me? Answers on a post card. Or a PM. Whichever is quickest.

Edited by aldopatriot

The two biggest blokes on the road trip probably snore the loudest. I don't mind sharing Aldo; bring earplugs.

The two biggest blokes on the road trip probably snore the loudest. I don't mind sharing Aldo; bring earplugs.

It's a deal. I'll send you a PM later.

Edited by aldopatriot

GrecianPat

BDD73

Swindon Patriot

Paul told me your looking for someone to share with,, if that's the case inbox me,, thanks

GrecianPat

BDD73

Swindon Patriot

Paul told me your looking for someone to share with,, if that's the case inbox me,, thanks

Andy (Grecian) and Mark (Swindon) have already copped off. Looks like BDD73 is the last one to get picked for the team.

Not fussy how I share with, anybody interested just message me,, I've got a room so I'm happy..

GrecianPat

BDD73

Swindon Patriot

Andy (Grecian) and Mark (Swindon) have already copped off. Looks like BDD73 is the last one to get picked for the team.

Tch, just like school then.

For anyone on the road trip who's struggling with work or anything else, remember....

secret seagull x1 PLEASE CONFIRM

Bristol Pat x 1 PLEASE CONFIRM

Many thanks for organising this Howard, but myself and Chris will be staying in the city, and will join you on Sunday morning for le grand départ.

Waspie x 1 YES - SHARING A ROOM WITH ALDO

:o I hope they have a ground floor room available!

Sign in to follow this