Sign in to follow this  
Patsfanuk

Croke Park Classic 2014 UCF Vs Penn State

College football returns to Dublin next August as the Central Florida Knights host Penn State Nittany Lions on Saturday 30th August 2014 at Croke Park Stadium - 1:30pm kick off.

"The Croke Park Classic will see the University of Central Florida host Penn State in their 2014 Season Opener in GAA HQ on the 30th August 2014. This big season opener for UCF and Penn State will be the first time that UCF and Penn State have played outside the United States. The Croke Park Classic brings together Veteran Florida Knights Coach George O’Leary who was a mentor of Penn State Nittany Lions coach Bill O’Brien at Georgia Tech from 1995-2001."

Tickets are available for European deilvery address from Ticketmaster now here: http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/penn-state-nittany-lions-v-ucf-dublin-30-08-2014/event/18004AEA9B082097?artistid=836126&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=102

Details for the event can be found here: http://www.crokepark.ie/crokeparkclassic/home.aspx

We, (Tony, myself, Mrs Tony & Mrs PatsfanUK), are planning to head over for this game - hopefully arriving in Dublin on the Friday and returning home Sunday afternoon. We have just booked game tickets in section UPP736 - row A for 40Euro per ticket.

Anyone else up for a UK Patriots 'Mini Road Trip'?

Edited by Patsfanuk

I've just dropped a note to a mate in the US who went to Penn State and may well be up for this. Good spot.

• Upvote 1

Went to the Emerald Isle Classic last year (Notre Dame @ Navy) and had a blast of a weekend. The Guinness in Dublin sure tastes different.

Hopefully SWMBO will be up for another trip across the Irish Sea.

• Upvote 1

Will this sell out anytime soon? May decide to come but tie it in with meeting family out there but would need to arrange all that before buying a ticket

• Upvote 1

Will this sell out anytime soon? May decide to come but tie it in with meeting family out there but would need to arrange all that before buying a ticket

According to the Ticketmaster website there is over 16000 left at the moment of their allocation. So should be some still available for a while as I'm guessing that it won't be as quick to sell as the 2012 game due to the lower popularity of the teams playing this time....

Will be good to see a few of us over there for this one.

UCF (Central Florida) won the Fiesta Bowl 52-42 (vs Baylor) and are now ranked #10 in the 'AP College Football Poll 2014: Post-BCS Championship" http://collegefootball.ap.org/poll. With Penn State having a historically strong football programme this should be a cracking game.

We fly out from Southend Airport to Dublin on the Friday and return Sunday evening. Still decent game tickets available so hopefully we'll see some UK Pats on this 'mini road trip' to Dublin as well.

Edited by Patsfanuk

Well Dublin was great over the weekend and Croke Park is a excellent venue for football. Close game with Penn State winning with a field goal in the last 3 seconds of the match.

According to reports NCAA football is back in Dublin every two years with the next one in 2016 - teams to be announced. I can highly recommend these trips if you get chance to go.

10325204_10152766909610625_5054379793962

10481033_10152766909300625_7578295251583

Edited by Patsfanuk

Forgot all about this until I jealously saw your posts on FB at the weekend. I'm still loyal to ASU - and it can't have matched that rainy night in the desert 10 years ago - but I've got to do one of those Dublin trips.

Forgot all about this until I jealously saw your posts on FB at the weekend. I'm still loyal to ASU - and it can't have matched that rainy night in the desert 10 years ago - but I've got to do one of those Dublin trips.

Real shame that Graham and I still can't believe that it's 10 years since the ASU trip - where has the time gone! I've been following UCF since seeing them in Orlando in 1995 when they were a 1AA team, but ASU has a real place in my heart after that excellent trip to Arizona.

I can highly recommend these Dublin trips. Had a great weekend at the Notre Dame v Navy game 2 years ago. Sorry that we couldn't make this one.

Hopefully all us old boys can all meet up in Dublin for the 2016 game with a couple of pints of Guinness! You never know I might even save up enough money to get back to Foxborough one day as well....depending on where the daughter wants to go to Uni in a few years time.