Sign in to follow this  
waspie

Playoffs at SB&G

Once again, we're going to be up until the early hours of Sunday Morning - the Pats have been given the Saturday night game (11th Jan).
I'm guessing the usual suspects will be up for another late night playoff gathering? Seattle game on before ours.

I have my girlfriend's flatmate's birthday party that night, which is in Soho (right next to Bodeans), but SB&G sounds fine.... I wouldn't make it in time for the Seattle game, but will definitely be there to see the Pats.

I have my girlfriend's flatmate's birthday party that night, which is in Soho (right next to Bodeans), but SB&G sounds fine.... I wouldn't make it in time for the Seattle game, but will definitely be there to see the Pats.

Don't tell the guys that! They'll ditch at the thought of drunken girls!

I'm still planning to head down for it - having second thoughts about Boston until the weather calms down - I've got a couple of colleagues who are stranded there at the moment.

If I were to choose to drive in, does anyone have any knowledge of what parking is like? Is it a waste of time and money?

If I were to choose to drive in, does anyone have any knowledge of what parking is like? Is it a waste of time and money?

parking should be ok after 8pm say loads of bays very close by unless the regs have changed since last time

Graham, have you already done it?

Normally the places around Marylebone will be minimum stay won't they?

I was thinking of going to a nearby NCP but the closest I could find was Farringdon at a cost of around £20.

I was thinking of going to a nearby NCP but the closest I could find was Farringdon at a cost of around £20.

street parking is fine on main rd

street parking is fine on main rd

Cool stuff. No maximum stays or anything?

Warren won't actually know about parking as his driver drops him off.....

Ha!

Just found out it's free all weekend in that area so I'm just planning on driving in...although that should be comical as I haven''t driven in London for a long time!

I've always found parking right outside. I'll book a table from 9:30pm for half a dozen for now.

Table booked. They're talking about a minimum of 30 (in total, not just us) to stay open for the late game, but they were open last week and don't expect any problems hitting that number.

Are people eating there as well?

If so, is everyone planning on eating late or would people rather bring the booking forward and get there earlier?

If so, is everyone planning on eating late or would people rather bring the booking forward and get there earlier?

i was gonna eat there but its gonna be a long night. i was gonna be there for start of first game. no point turning up after start

i was gonna eat there but its gonna be a long night. i was gonna be there for start of first game. no point turning up after start

Sounds like a plan. I'll snack on something small to keep me ticking over until then!

Yeah - that's my plan too. Table (for 6 at the moment) booked from 9.00pm.

Advance warning that the hawaiian shirt may be getting a run out...

Guest caecilius

I'll can't make it for the Seahawks, but I'll definitely be there for the Pats game. Looking forward to meeting y'all.

I'll can't make it for the Seahawks, but I'll definitely be there for the Pats game. Looking forward to meeting y'all.

Sounds good. Will be good to put another face to a name!

Sounds like a plan. I'll snack on something small to keep me ticking over until then!

If you haven't discovered Five Guys yet, it's well worth checking out. https://www.fiveguys.co.uk

But if you want to have any appetite for later, restrict yourself to a little burger. And whatever you do, stick to small fries. Large fries will serve a family!

Guest sanj2000

Waspie - how does the UK version of 5 Guys compare to the US version? I think I still prefer In 'n' Out Burger, but I haven't been to LA for a while.

Waspie - how does the UK version of 5 Guys compare to the US version? I think I still prefer In 'n' Out Burger, but I haven't been to LA for a while.

Very favourably :) It's identical to a US branch, including the bags of potatoes and peanut shells on the floor, but it doesn't feel like they're trying too hard. It's also got a Coke Freestyle machine, which is hours of fun (no Boags though... I really like vanilla root beer). Lines can be a bit long at weekends, especially at lunchtime, but service is quick and efficient.

In 'n' Out.... now you're talking. A double double animal style please.... (went three times in a week after I left Boston in December).

Personally, I object to being made to queue outside a fast food restaurant so I haven't tried it yet.

Will be there soon after midnight I expect. Save me a seat!

If there is anyone kent way who still wishes to do this, I'll be driving up this evening and driving straight back afterwards. The company on the way back driving without sleep would be much appreciated!

Guest stanleymorgan

Had an operation on my arm yesterday so couldn't attend last nights division game but are you planning to meet somewhere for the afc championship game....I believe its the early 8pm k.o. game ?

If there is anyone kent way who still wishes to do this, I'll be driving up this evening and driving straight back afterwards. The company on the way back driving without sleep would be much appreciated!

Tell me about it... Red Bull dragged me up the A12.

Great seeing the usual insomniacs and a couple of new faces. I'll be back next week if the Pats have the early game. Assuming an all NFC West game would have to get the late start, even if we do have to go to Denver.

It's already slated as a 3 p.m. kick off (EST)

I believe they alternate early kick-offs between the conference championships and it's the AFC's turn this year.

I had the window open full pelt at one point! Once I hit the motorway after Dartford I could feel the head nodding!

Yup, we have the early kick off however, work Monday will likely dictate having to watch from home this week! That, combined with a trip to London for the SB party two weeks later, I need to save the pennies.

I had the window open full pelt at one point! Once I hit the motorway after Dartford I could feel the head nodding!

I suggest in future you should pull over and rest or get to a services and have a 30 minute power nap...driving when falling asleep is ridiculously dangerous, not just to you but other road users.

I suggest in future you should pull over and rest or get to a services and have a 30 minute power nap...driving when falling asleep is ridiculously dangerous, not just to you but other road users.

Red Bull and a window on a cold frosty night definitely wakes you up!

Guest caecilius

Good to meet everyone the other night. I can't make it this week but I'll be around for the Super Bowl party if we're playing.

Sadly going to have to work for a big chunk of this weekend, so I'll be shouting at the TV at home on Sunday night.