Sign in to follow this  
Swindon Patriot

UK Patriots Superbowl XLVIII Party (The details)

Okay, so we will be returning to The Sports Bar & Grill at Marylebone this year.

Date: Sunday 2nd February 2014 from approx 10.30pm

Cost: £30 per person inclusive of Entry to SB & G (they charge £10 per person on SB night), Food menu as detailed below and Service Charge.

CHEESE NACHOS: with guacamole, salsa & sour cream dips on the side

CHICKEN WINGS: Medium & Hot served with Blue Cheese Dip

PULLED PORK: served with bbq sauce in warm ciabatta roll

PLAIN BURGER: 100% ground beef burger served in Ciabatta roll

FRENCH FRIES: served with ketchup

If last year is anything to go by there will be a shortage of Potatoes after they've finished serving us Fries.

All payments must be received by FRIDAY 24TH JANUARY.

To book your place at this event please PM me your email address. I will then email the bank payment details back to you. Once I have received your payment, I will let you know by email and update the attendees list accordingly, which will be on this first page of the thread.

Attendees

Mark Jubb (Swindon Patriot)

Carl Johnson (cjohnson03)

Chris Marshall (Bristol Pat)

Renoir Tuahene (with Chris Marshall)

Richard Hobbs (with Chris Marshall)

Kristin Black (with Chris Marshall)

Warren

Dave Bullions (Dave45)

Maurizio Jaconelli (Jaco)

Rob Lucas (rob@foxboro)

Ryan Howkins (with Rob Lucas)

Alex Hewitt (Ratnoir)

Gareth Lougher (welshlancs)

Markus Windler (with Gareth)

Michael Westbrook (Bognor Pat)

Andy Jeffrey (Grecian_Pat)

Dave Ware (Tupper)

Jamie MacRae (Patriotsjay)

Thomas Davies (Buddfox)

Count me in Boys, and hats off to you again :)

travel lodge oppersite have rooms at 39 for the night which isnt bad

This price applies to Twin rooms, so grab a roomy and half the cost.

Just make sure you check the Twin room box and not the Double :unsure:

Happy to share a twin if anyone wants to. I snore like a pig, and I'll be out the door before the parking kicks in (I think that's 8.00am), but at less than 20 quid, what do you want?

Well unfortunately for the first time in many years we won't be making the trip to 'that London' this year. :( Saving cash for NFL London games and the Dublin NCAA road trip has to take priority this year I'm afraid. (We will be watching the game in Ipswich instead at a SB party organised by the Ipswich Cardinals. Local venue and cheaper beer!)

Missing the UK Pats party this year will be a big shame and hopefully we'll catch up with some of you in Dublin or for the NFL games in London. All being well we'll be back next year...!... Have fun.

Edited by Patsfanuk

Guest dave45

I have decided this year to partake of lodging at Ye Olde Travelodge. I am London based and usually (as regulars will know) I get the train home after the SB. But I have decided that I am too old nowadays to be standing around in a cold station at silly o'clock in the morning. So shove over lads - I'm moving in !!

I'm in :), PM'd you mark :)

I think UKPatriots events in the UK are up there with things I am am gutted to leave behind in moving abroad. I might not even be off the rig for the Superbowl either. Will be my 2nd on in 3 years if so. Hopefully this one shows it though! I'll be with you in spirit, sure to wake Damien up when he nods off in the 3rd quarter :D

Happy to share a twin if anyone wants to. I snore like a pig, and I'll be out the door before the parking kicks in (I think that's 8.00am), but at less than 20 quid, what do you want?

Twin rooms all gone :(

Guest dave45

Twin rooms all gone :(

Oh well chaps, you will have to get doubles. You will get to know your room mate REALLY well :D

Finally got the Monday off from work so count me in, add my name to the list please Mark thank you. Sending PM now...

I'm afraid I'm going to have to excuse myself from the gathering this year.... really short of holiday days for 2014 so I can't really afford to take the Monday off work. Was going to join you all anyway, and survive on almost no sleep, but now that the Pats aren't involved, I'm less motivated, will just watch it at home.

Disappointed I won't be joining you, I'm sure it'll be a fun night.

Sorry to say I'm going to have to miss it this year as well as I'm likely to be away that weekend. Hope you have a good night of it; hard to know who to root for in this one.

Only a couple more days to go to confirm your places guys.

Also, seems like Travelodge have found some more available Twin rooms at Marylebone, I could have just booked one now for £39 (10pm on 22nd Jan)

Final numbers, makes us a group of 19 this year. All forum members who are coming along should have had an email from me this evening with some further information and my contact number should anyone need it either on the day or leading up to next weekend. See you all next week.

Guest dave45

See you all on Sunday. BTW Mark, I have sent you an email with my new email address, as your email went to my old address.

EDIT: I have now found the settings page (DOH!)and I have reset my email details. Sorry about that, but it should be ok now

Edited by dave45

Hi Folks, after thinking long and hard about it (Monday booked off, somewhere to stay on Saturday, Sunday planned with the kids etc.), I'm giving it a miss. I can't remember the last time there was a Super Bowl I cared about less. I'm very unlikely to stay up for this one. I cannot stand either team, and being in the vicinity of fans of either would be a miserable night for me.

My last two road trips were in Denver and Seattle; I left both places loving the city but hating the fans.

I know you'll all have a great night as usual, and I'll see you somewhere down the road in 2014.

Although I'm definitely going, Graham your post captures to a similar extent my own feelings. This is almost the worst combination of teams I could think of - it would only be worse if it was the Dolphins or the Jets!

On the one hand it's the Broncos. A team I really don't like because they've been a bogey team for us. It's Peyton Manning - I like the guy, but don't want to see him get another ring, TFB is my man for QB in this era. It's Wes Welker - ugh, would hate to see him get a ring for another team when his drop cost us one. It's Champ Bailey, he of the interception back in 2005 which turned the game around against us, it's the team of Von Miller, he who tried to cheat the doping authorities.

And then on the other hand it's the Seahawks. Can I really cheer for them? Not the Legion of Boom, but the Legion of Doped up the Eyeballs - I swear Sherman got excited about Crabtree because he's back on the 'roids. I'd be OK with Pete Carroll winning the big one, I think he made the best of a tough situation in New England (and I couldn't care less about college football and the goings on at USC). Likewise, I think Russell Wilson is a great guy. But I just can't get excited about Seattle.

So I'm going for the company, the food and hopefully plenty of good conversation about how great a season we just had, and how next year is going to be even better!

Gameday is here. I've been stupidly busy all week so not caught much of the build-up, which is probably a good thing really, as the NFL usually go overboard with it.

Looking forward to meeting up with you all later and having a fun night. Hope it doesn't snow though, can't afford to be stuck in "that London" on Monday.

Don't forget to bring a bit a gambling money for Superbowl Squares

nice to see some new and old faces

sounds like my hunch on the bowling place was good. they ran out of beer before the game and the sound on the TV went. (not that our was great sound)

Yep, thanks again to Mark for organising - great to see all the familiar faces again and the game wasn't that bad either!

I think the sound was Fox's problem. Channel Four apologised a couple of times whilst insisting it wasn't their fault.

Cheers for organising Mark & Warren, great to see PM struggle shame about all the food that was not consumed, did my best on the wings after the practice we had on the RT

Guest dave45

Cheers for organising Mark & Warren, great to see PM struggle shame about all the food that was not consumed, did my best on the wings after the practice we had on the RT

They do tend to serve up too much. Much better value than Bodeans.

At least you were still awake to see the wasted food this time Dave!! ;)

Cheers Mark and others who assisted organising the SB party. It was good fun and great to meet up with you all. For a one sided game it was great to watch.

Food was tasty if a little too much of it (which isn't normally a complaint).

Guest dave45

At least you were still awake to see the wasted food this time Dave!! ;)

That is why last year's match was dubbed the "Blackout Bowl"